Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muschamp Next HC? Rivals Article

Started by jwhite_13, December 11, 2007, 12:26:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jwhite_13

Muschamp is the man and it is expected to be announced soon!!!!!

darkhogfan

"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

rude1

jackets91

HoginHouston

Go Hogs Go.

jwhite_13

its on the front page there, i am not a member so i cannot read it but maybe someone else can and give us the details

AnthroHog

Could Arkansas possibly be lucky enough to get another Pelphrey?  WPS!!!!!!!!!!

jwhite_13

I sure hope so! I would be stoked!   Man i hope the presser is today if this is true!

agr347

"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

Bacon The Saddle Again

This just in:  Will Muschamp has gotten an extension and a raise to become the highest paid assistant coach in all college football at Auburn.

sorry, couldn't resist.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jwhite_13 on December 11, 2007, 12:26:29 pm
Muschamp is the man and it is expected to be announced soon!!!!!
By Rivals, do you mean Grit Kirk? If Grit is saying it, then it's 50-50 at best.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HoginHouston

What can I say? BOOM! Somebody print up a damn tshirt for the bowl game...
Go Hogs Go.

Hogtropolis™

Looks like we finally hired someone.  Let's hope he can do a good job!

The real Hogules

Provided Will Muschamp can put together a top flight M'er-*** coaching staff, including a kick @$$ OC, I'm pleased with this hire.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

txkrazorback

Andy: Now Barn, ya gotta keep quiet and remain calm...

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Hawgballz

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on December 11, 2007, 12:30:18 pm
By Rivals, do you mean Grit Kirk? If Grit is saying it, then it's 50-50 at best.

Nobody has to like him, but he is right more often than the "guessers" that do a lot of posting on most boards.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

805 SOCALHOG

RT1941

Muschamp will hit the recruiting trail HARD.  He would have never coached for Saban if he couldn't recruit like hell.  Let's hope it's him!!!
RazorTusk!!!!

HoginHouston

Muschamp and Pelphrey>>>Nutt and Heath

To say we should be excited is an understatement...
Go Hogs Go.

hogzndogz

YEAH! wait he isnt yet tho... we've been through this 3 times
WooPigs.

russell33

tower

this seems to be an interesting habit of his.

aar0n

Can we not do this AGAIN?  Hey, does anyone remember that Globe or Groober or whatever guy a long time ago?

HogK

Oh great, Odus.  Reporting it from his "solid" sources.  Let's just say I'm not going to go out and bet the farm on it.

want2be

December 11, 2007, 12:44:26 pm #25 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:21:18 pm by opineonswine

Nutt hired OC's and never allowed thme to open up the offense. As an X-quarterback his ego for play calling was out of proportion. On the otherhand Champ knows defense and hopefully will rely on and OC to open the offense. Also Nutt was an average recruiter and Champ is supposed to be an great closure.

HogK

Quote from: want2be on December 11, 2007, 12:44:26 pm

Your are right accept 1 key factor.........Nutt hired OC's and never allowed thme to open up the offense. As an X-quarterback his ego for play calling was out of proportion. On the otherhand Champ knows defense and hopefully will rely on and OC to open the offense. Also Nutt was an average recruiter and Champ is supposed to be an great closure.

Nutt was lazy.  Muschamp will work his ass off to succeed here.  Only similarity between Nutt and Muschamp is their motivational skills and that's not a bad thing.  Nutt could motivate a team when he felt like it--LSU and Texas both know that.  But Muschamp will be a much more complete coach.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: HogK on December 11, 2007, 12:51:09 pm
Nutt was lazy.  Muschamp will work his ass off to succeed here.  Only similarity between Nutt and Muschamp is their motivational skills and that's not a bad thing.  Nutt could motivate a team when he felt like it--LSU and Texas both know that.  But Muschamp will be a much more complete coach.

I don't think motivation is going to a problem for Muschamp either..."NEW WHITE BOARD NOW *&#* IT!"

HamShank

Quote from: HogK on December 11, 2007, 12:51:09 pm

I agree.  Motivation was the ONLY thing most of us liked about Nutt.  I think it's an asset in any coach, especially one that can RECRUIT and COACH.

jwhite_13

We have a couple conflicting reports here, man i hope rivals has this one right and not some random radio station in alabama that i dont know how anyone listens to it! I would love to have the champ!

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: tower on December 11, 2007, 12:38:41 pm

this seems to be an interesting habit of his.

He's bringing back the term "hugger" but with a whole new definition. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Letitbleed

OK everyone.  Let's sit back and watch how Broyles and Long botch this one.

jthomas899

I'll believe it at the first kick off next year.

HoggyWayne

Hogs GoneWild

Quote from: Yindao on December 11, 2007, 01:04:30 pm
He's bringing back the term "hugger" but with a whole new definition. 

WOW +500 if it ever works again HAHAHA

hog_fan

otis has been wrong everytime. Sucks for us.

GusIsOmniscient

Quote from: HoggyWayne on December 11, 2007, 01:12:31 pm
This will get you laughed at.

Cheerleader.
Overrrated recruiting.
Quote from: imahoggie on December 07, 2007, 09:54:55 pm
rome wasnt built in a day.....but it would have been if gus had been there to run the hurry-up

jwhite_13

Quote from: hog_fan on December 11, 2007, 01:13:26 pm
otis has been wrong everytime. Sucks for us.

Wrong everytime, he has reported what all the other outlets have and everytime we were on the verge of hiring, bowden, grobe, etc..... lets just hope he is right again! Bring on The Champ!

hog_fan

Quote from: jwhite_13 on December 11, 2007, 01:16:01 pm
Wrong everytime, he has reported what all the other outlets have and everytime we were on the verge of hiring, bowden, grobe, etc..... lets just hope he is right again! Bring on The Champ!

He also reported kiffin.

jwhite_13

i didnt read where he ever reported that kiffin would be named, he just said that kiffin expressed interest, which many other places did too! I could be wrong, Im not a rivals member so i dont read anything beyond the front page, but the front page never said kiffin was going to be announced! Bring on The Champ!

BEvERage

jr

Letitbleed

Don't worry.  Arkansas will botch the hiring.

rockyb_78

Bring him on.  Lets get this over with and play some football.

Maverick Razorback

I think he would do a good job  :razorback:
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

Letitbleed

Quote from: Maverick Razorback on December 11, 2007, 01:38:22 pm
I think he would do a good job  :razorback:

I do to.  This is also why I have no faith in Long.

Letitbleed

If Long also botches this signing will the fans finally come to the realization that he's in over his head?

BTW, I already have.

jim hog

We need to get a coach who gets after recruiting. I've been looking at recruiting related articles this morning and it makes you nervous to see some good ones being snapped up.

hogfanwp

Let me know when the ink is dry and two days after he calls the Hogs!! :-)