Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SPORTS RAP ON NOW...Coach Ogeron on tonight!

Started by Wayne Watson, October 16, 2007, 04:06:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 16, 2007, 05:40:39 pm
Funny banter between the guys tonight...

Entertaining for sure!  You and "Muffin Man" need to come up one weekend!  and the mrs!
We don't rent pigs

Quote from: wayne1958 on October 16, 2007, 05:42:30 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 16, 2007, 05:40:39 pm
Funny banter between the guys tonight...

Entertaining for sure!  You and "Muffin Man" need to come up one weekend!  and the mrs!

Working on it.

Funny stuff Russ!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Since 1894

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 16, 2007, 05:26:00 pm
Good points caller!

Who is this guy, I missed his name...

NOT -

You are behind 24 to "Nuttin"

Want to go for a case this weekend??

I am getting ready for a kold one!!!!

You in??
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Since 1894 on October 16, 2007, 05:46:33 pm
Good points caller!

NOT -

You in??

How many cases does notshavin owe you?
We don't rent pigs

razornole

Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Since 1894

Quote from: wayne1958 on October 16, 2007, 05:49:03 pm
Good points caller!

NOT -

You in??

THANKS WAYNE -

I owe you one!!!!

NOT - you are behind 48 to "NUTTIN"

NUTTIN like being 0 and 48 on wagers!!!

Thanks again Wayne.

Be Good
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

hawgalujah

Have they addressed the Mike Irwin editorial yet?  This information needs to be heard statewide.

5NEWS Sports Director Mike Irwin

An interesting statistic has been floating around in the aftermath of the Razorbacks loss to Auburn last Saturday night. Over the last four seasons the Hog football team has exactly 5 SEC wins without Gus Malzahn as offensive coordinator.

In 2004 Arkansas beat Alabama, Ole Miss and Mississippi State with Houston Nutt serving as his own offensive coordinator.

In 2005 there were just two SEC wins, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. So far this season there have been no SEC wins with David Lee as the offensive coordinator.

By contrast in 2006 when Malzahn was the offensive coordinator Arkansas won seven SEC games.

Here's another statistic. Arkansas started the 2005 season with five straight SEC losses. In 2006, with Malzahn directing the offense, the Razorbacks opened with seven straight SEC wins. A year later the team has opened with three straight SEC losses.

With those statistics in mind consider what Houston Nutt had to say at his Sunday press conference about play calling. "We are going to open the play book," he told reporters.

The last time we heard something like this was at the beginning of the 2006 season. The Razorbacks were coming off of back to back losing seasons with the head coach proclaiming that it was time to open the playbook. Now with another losing season looming as a real possibility it's time to open the pay book again. The only conclusion I can come to is that Houston Nutt only wants to open the playbook when things are desperate.

I do have a question. If it's time to open the play book now does that mean that David Lee wanted a closed playbook or was the head coach telling his offensive coordinator that he had to be conservative in calling the plays but now it's okay to open up?

Multiple sources told 5NEWS last season that Nutt took control of the offense the week of the South Carolina Game. These sources include parents of players, friends of players, certain players themselves and even family members of Malzahn. They all told me pretty much the same story. Once Houston Nutt felt the had the necessary wins to keep his job he benched quarterback Mitch Mustain and began to restrict the duties of Malzahn. Both Mustain and Malzahn left following the season and those same sources told me that Nutt appeared to be determined to run the offense his way for as long as he remained the head coach at Arkansas. The conservative nature of the play calling this season would seem to back those sources up. Quite frankly this team very much resembles the 2005 team one that featured very little passing with Darren McFadden often running off tackle against defenses stacked to stop the run.

It will be interesting to see if this open play book strategy materializes and if it does will it change the course of the season?

If something doesn't happen very quickly it appears that this will be Houston Nutt's last team at Arkansas and maybe his worst record in 10 seasons.

Either way, success or failure, it seems certain that we hear like the Frank Sinatra classic, Houston Nutt always seemed determined to do it his way.

Once a  :razorback:, Always a  :razorback:..Unless you're a Nutt!

razornole

Quote from: hawgalujah on October 16, 2007, 05:54:19 pm
Have they addressed the Mike Irwin editorial yet?  This information needs to be heard statewide.

5NEWS Sports Director Mike Irwin

An interesting statistic has been floating around in the aftermath of the Razorbacks loss to Auburn last Saturday night. Over the last four seasons the Hog football team has exactly 5 SEC wins without Gus Malzahn as offensive coordinator.

In 2004 Arkansas beat Alabama, Ole Miss and Mississippi State with Houston Nutt serving as his own offensive coordinator.

In 2005 there were just two SEC wins, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. So far this season there have been no SEC wins with David Lee as the offensive coordinator.

By contrast in 2006 when Malzahn was the offensive coordinator Arkansas won seven SEC games.

Here's another statistic. Arkansas started the 2005 season with five straight SEC losses. In 2006, with Malzahn directing the offense, the Razorbacks opened with seven straight SEC wins. A year later the team has opened with three straight SEC losses.

With those statistics in mind consider what Houston Nutt had to say at his Sunday press conference about play calling. "We are going to open the play book," he told reporters.

The last time we heard something like this was at the beginning of the 2006 season. The Razorbacks were coming off of back to back losing seasons with the head coach proclaiming that it was time to open the playbook. Now with another losing season looming as a real possibility it's time to open the pay book again. The only conclusion I can come to is that Houston Nutt only wants to open the playbook when things are desperate.

I do have a question. If it's time to open the play book now does that mean that David Lee wanted a closed playbook or was the head coach telling his offensive coordinator that he had to be conservative in calling the plays but now it's okay to open up?

Multiple sources told 5NEWS last season that Nutt took control of the offense the week of the South Carolina Game. These sources include parents of players, friends of players, certain players themselves and even family members of Malzahn. They all told me pretty much the same story. Once Houston Nutt felt the had the necessary wins to keep his job he benched quarterback Mitch Mustain and began to restrict the duties of Malzahn. Both Mustain and Malzahn left following the season and those same sources told me that Nutt appeared to be determined to run the offense his way for as long as he remained the head coach at Arkansas. The conservative nature of the play calling this season would seem to back those sources up. Quite frankly this team very much resembles the 2005 team one that featured very little passing with Darren McFadden often running off tackle against defenses stacked to stop the run.

It will be interesting to see if this open play book strategy materializes and if it does will it change the course of the season?

If something doesn't happen very quickly it appears that this will be Houston Nutt's last team at Arkansas and maybe his worst record in 10 seasons.

Either way, success or failure, it seems certain that we hear like the Frank Sinatra classic, Houston Nutt always seemed determined to do it his way.

that isn't even mediocre.  He is worse than Ford

why is he still employed? why does it seem to be such a big deal to actually FIRE someone who is not up to snuff? (Wally? Jim?)

Quote from: Since 1894 on October 16, 2007, 05:53:54 pm
Good points caller!

NOT -

You in??

THANKS WAYNE -

I owe you one!!!!

Thanks again Wayne.

Be Good

What about Auburn????

Since 1894

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 16, 2007, 06:03:08 pm
Good points caller!

NOT -

You in??

THANKS WAYNE -

I owe you one!!!!

Thanks again Wayne.

Be Good

What about Auburn????

Didn't the "Window" close before you got the bet down.

I was busy Friday night?

Quote from: Since 1894 on October 16, 2007, 06:04:19 pm
Good points caller!

NOT -

You in??

THANKS WAYNE -

I owe you one!!!!

Thanks again Wayne.

Be Good

What about Auburn????

I was busy Friday night?

I'm in, but I want double the total or nuttin'.

Ole Miss will finish Houston off this weekend!

Wayne Watson

You don't have to do it during the show but please read this thread and help...........

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=165327.0
We don't rent pigs

Since 1894

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 16, 2007, 06:05:39 pm
Good points caller!

NOT -

You in??

THANKS WAYNE -

I owe you one!!!!

Thanks again Wayne.

Be Good

What about Auburn????

I was busy Friday night?

I am playing on your money, ... so I am in. 

Go Hogs Go

Beat Ole Miss

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Since 1894 on October 16, 2007, 06:10:01 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 16, 2007, 06:05:39 pm
Good points caller!

NOT -

You in??

THANKS WAYNE -

I owe you one!!!!

Thanks again Wayne.

Be Good

What about Auburn????

I was busy Friday night?

I am playing on your money, ... so I am in. 

Go Hogs Go

Beat Ole Miss

LMAO!
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Since 1894

The U of A needs a PR firm in the worse way!!!!

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hoghearted

Shawn is right! They display no behavior at the BAC to indicate they feel any heat whatsoever.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hoghearted

Quote from: hoghearted on October 16, 2007, 06:19:49 pm
Tracy is PISSED. YOU TELL'EM TRACY!

"I've always been a Nutt fan, but right now..I'm pissed!!!!"

LMAO

missippihog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 16, 2007, 06:13:45 pm
Have they discussed the hit on Burns?

I just watched that hit on the HDN show I DVRd and in real time it looked bad but on replay he grabbed him on the field and was pulling him down when they went out of bounds. He couldn't let him go because they were both heading to the ground. It really wasn't a late hit or unnecessary roughness if you look at it on replay.

hawaiianhogster

Instead of firing the DORK stop giving your money away to the DORK!

No more support! No more support! No more support!

Quote from: missippihog on October 16, 2007, 06:20:41 pm

I just watched that hit on the HDN show I DVRd and in real time it looked bad but on replay he grabbed him on the field and was pulling him down when they went out of bounds. He couldn't let him go because they were both heading to the ground. It really wasn't a late hit or unnecessary roughness if you look at it on replay.

I didn't see the replay, but that's good enough for me, thanks.

Have you thought about going Sat.?

missippihog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 16, 2007, 06:23:55 pm

I really want to go but wife has 10 yr HS reunion Sat and I made her go to mine like a week after having our son so I guess I am obligated. I am trying everything to get to go and be late to the reunion.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on October 16, 2007, 06:23:55 pm

Here is the video. The gentleman is correct. There is an angle near the end that shows FF already going to the ground trying to tackle him, and they are in bound. Momentum carried the play out of bounds.

[youtube=425,350]LJyUggUJBeg[/youtube]

Wayne Watson

A few minutes left.............get your calls in!

Phone numbers for Sports Rap

1-866-275-8255 or local 433-8255
We don't rent pigs

hawaiianhogster

I did. I saw his muscles tense up as he was slamming the QB into the ground. He was way out of bounds and beyond the white line when he decided to put the finishing touches on his tackle. It was the correct call for sure. Unsportsmanlike conduct for sure. The players are a reflection of their leader. Why are there so many criminals on this team? Thugs? Yes Thugs! Getting into trouble all the time and still on the first team and playing. Nutt is a THUG! He is the leader Thug.

missippihog

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on October 16, 2007, 06:28:09 pm

I did. I saw his muscles tense up as he was slamming the QB into the ground. He was way out of bounds and beyond the white line when he decided to put the finishing touches on his tackle. It was the correct call for sure. Unsportsmanlike conduct for sure. The players are a reflection of their leader. Why are there so many criminals on this team? Thugs? Yes Thugs! Getting into trouble all the time and still on the first team and playing. Nutt is a THUG! He is the leader Thug.

I guess you saw it a lot different than what I did.

On hold BTW.

razornole

so Misshog, what do the fans of ole piss say about playing Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorback?

hoghearted

missippihog

Quote from: razornole on October 16, 2007, 06:33:02 pm
so Misshog, what do the fans of ole piss say about playing Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorback?

Nothing. They are still all whining about the call in the AL game. No talk about AR at all.

razornole

Quote from: missippihog on October 16, 2007, 06:34:39 pm

Nothing. They are still all whining about the call in the AL game. No talk about AR at all.

come on man give them some bulletin material, they need to beat nutt, if they are gonna

missippihog

Quote from: razornole on October 16, 2007, 06:38:49 pm
Quote from: missippihog on October 16, 2007, 06:34:39 pm

come on man give them some bulletin material, they need to beat nutt, if they are gonna

I really think the AL loss may be a big distraction.

hoghearted

That's complete bull, to let Nutt off the hook for a 7-5 season. With that tandem in the backfield, this team should be 6-0 at this point.

hoghearted

jimmur74

Quote from: tulsadst on October 16, 2007, 04:51:14 pm
We're three possessions away from being #2 in the country!   WOW!!!!    :razorback:

We Really Are and thats what makes it so hard to swallow NUTTS INCOMPETENCE

hoghearted

Is Nutt counting on winning against one of the big three to save his a$$?

Good God, please tell me Drakehog wasn't serious.  Long has promised Nutt he can keep his job if he has a big win or 2 this year?  Lanny said today on the Hogville Cafe that Nutt was gone regardless.

I'm speechless.

hoghearted

hoghearted

HoopHog

Wayne, I am behind you so make it quick!!!  :D

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

voxhog

Great job guys, thanks for makin' the show your's.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs