Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please help Sports Rap

Started by missippihog, October 15, 2007, 08:15:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

missippihog

and your fellow hog fans in Helena. 103.1 KFFA FM in Helena has decided to take Sports Rap off the air as of last Friday because of listener complaints about "change in format". I know power is in numbers and enough Hogvillans should be able to call or e-mail enough to at least consider changing their minds. A phone call would be best (I know it is long distance but most have cell phones where it wouldn't be long distance) but please send a short e-mail if you can't call letting them know that many listeners enjoy the show and it would be more positive if there were more positive things happening in football. Their info is:

e-mail: kffa@arkansas.net

phone: 870-338-8331

Your support would be greatly appreciated!

GO HOGS!

Buff

Didnt they used to carry the old SportsRap with Barrett?  I never listened to that station anyway.  It was either 93.5 or 97.3 for me (except when they both carried Paul Harvey at noon).

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'll send an e-mail from my regular account and my 3 most used aliases.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

missippihog

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on October 15, 2007, 08:20:15 pm
Didnt they used to carry the old SportsRap with Barrett?  I never listened to that station anyway.  It was either 93.5 or 97.3 for me (except when they both carried Paul Harvey at noon).

Yea, I guess thats the change in format the listeners are complaining about. I would assume the negativity but in all fairness, there isn't a lot of positive coming from the hill right now.

Buff

Hogphilia

Quote from: missippihog on October 15, 2007, 08:15:33 pm
and your fellow hog fans in Helena. 103.1 KFFA FM in Helena has decided to take Sports Rap off the air as of last Friday because of listener complaints about "change in format". I know power is in numbers and enough Hogvillans should be able to call or e-mail enough to at least consider changing their minds. A phone call would be best (I know it is long distance but most have cell phones where it wouldn't be long distance) but please send a short e-mail if you can't call letting them know that many listeners enjoy the show and it would be more positive if there were more positive things happening in football. Their info is:

GO HOGS!

Just sent my email from Tulsa....You should be able to get it online like I do....www.kxio.nu

missippihog

I can listen online but don't like to sit in front of the computer. Like to listen while I am exercising in evenings.

Any way someone could sticky this?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Worthy cause, great job Miss.

Sports Rap and The Hogville Cafe are the only shows that are objective.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

revolution

I sent an email and said that if they took it off the air, I would not have their station on my presets and I would boycott their local advertisers.  Now somebody tell me, who are their local advertisers?  Cause if I'm ever in Helena (God forbid), I don't want to use their services.

whatsshakinbacon

Way to champion the cause Missippi.

Bacon out...

arkrzrbacks

Sent a snail mail letter and an email. I live close enough that they should understand I'm able to listen.

missippihog

missippihog

Couldn't get this stickied but I think it deserves some more exposure.

Quote from: missippihog on October 16, 2007, 11:57:04 am
Couldn't get this stickied but I think it deserves some more exposure.

It was stickied for a while last night, I believe Miss.  We'll keep it bumped..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

missippihog

Gotta fight the establishment.

BadHog

Email sent - thanks for bringing this to our attention.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

GrizzledHogFan

Change if format?  LOL.  Thanks for bringing this up, Miss.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

missippihog

missippihog

Here is the response I got to my e-mail:

Dear Chris:

I hope to replace "Sports Rap" with "Sports Talk" within the week.  The new show will be hosted by Bo Mattingly with daily guests Clay Henry, Dudley Dawson and Otis Kirk.  I hope this will be a great improvement over "Sports Rap".

Sincerely,

Jim Howe
General Manager
KFFA Radio
338-8361
kffa@arkansas.net

Quote from: missippihog on October 16, 2007, 05:09:02 pm

Dear Chris:

I hope to replace "Sports Rap" with "Sports Talk" within the week.  The new show will be hosted by Bo Mattingly with daily guests Clay Henry, Dudley Dawson and Otis Kirk.  I hope this will be a great improvement over "Sports Rap".

Sincerely,

Jim Howe
General Manager
KFFA Radio
338-8361
kffa@arkansas.net

LMAO, good Lord.  This manager is NOT a smart man.

missippihog

Don't know anything about "Sports Talk". Is it better than DTS?

Quote from: missippihog on October 16, 2007, 05:16:48 pm
Don't know anything about "Sports Talk". Is it better than DTS?

Not in my opinion.  Bo is terrible and Otis is REALLY terrible.

Quote from: hogapalooza on October 16, 2007, 05:31:51 pm
Is this Shawn, Jim and Wally's or Bo's sports rap? 

The show Miss. is trying to help get back on the air is Shawn's.

hoghearted

People need to let the station manager know they don't want to substitute diamonds with cubic zirconia.

Keep SportsRap!
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Alt-F4

Dear Chris:

Sincerely,

Jim Howe
General Manager
KFFA Radio
338-8361
kffa@arkansas.net

We CANNOT let Bo get momentum.

He is a Chuck Barrett clone and has ALWAYS been a Nutt apologist.

Check his record on Press Row, he consistently argued his Rick Schaefer'esque points and we need to ensure he does not expand his propaganda!

Help the real sports show expand, support Sports Rap with Shawn Arnell....

:razorback:

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Quote from: Sammy Hoggar on October 16, 2007, 05:41:18 pm

Dear Chris:

Sincerely,

Jim Howe
General Manager
KFFA Radio
338-8361
kffa@arkansas.net

We CANNOT let Bo get momentum.

He is a Chuck Barrett clone and has ALWAYS been a Nutt apologist.

Check his record on Press Row, he consistently argued his Rick Schaefer'esque points and we need to ensure he does not expand his propaganda!

Help the real sports show expand, support Sports Rap with Shawn and Wally....

:razorback:

I agree Sammy.

GrizzledHogFan

Dear Chris:

Sincerely,

Jim Howe
General Manager
KFFA Radio
338-8361
kffa@arkansas.net

Ugh.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

KY Hog Man

GO HOGS!

Maybe a copy of these emails and letters should go to this radio stations competitors so they can see the interest out there for Sports Rap.  Is there another station in town that would pick up the program? 

Blue35

Quote from: gmb_79 on October 16, 2007, 05:44:13 pm

Dear Chris:

Sincerely,

Jim Howe
General Manager
KFFA Radio
338-8361
kffa@arkansas.net

Ugh.
Who is this pimp general manager?  I don't know anyone in Helena and vicinity that does not think that Nutt is a jerk. Who owns that station?

razornole

so would that bring Bo's stations to what 3?
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

Wayne Watson

Quote from: KY Hog Man on October 16, 2007, 05:50:08 pm

GO HOGS!

Maybe a copy of these emails and letters should go to this radio stations competitors so they can see the interest out there for Sports Rap.  Is there another station in town that would pick up the program? 

Just sent this................

You sent a response to a listener regarding Sports Rap.  Below is your reponse to him in the event you don't remember as I nkow you must sent hundreds of emails.

Dear Chris:

Sincerely,

Jim Howe
General Manager
KFFA Radio
338-8361
kffa@arkansas.net

Please don't replace Sports Rap with Sports Talk.  Bo's show is okay but he is another Drive Time Sports.  While he is not has bad as Spin-it Rick, he is getting close.  Please reconsider your decision.

Sincerely,

Wayne Watson
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

missippihog

I understand someone at the station doesn't like Wally so that has a lot to do with it. Hopefully they will get this resolved. This is from my "inside sources"  ;)

psst!

I am hearing that Barrett is working behind the scenes for this Bo character.

Wayne Watson

Shawn said on their show that there was some things going on in the background but, as you all know, he is not at liberty to discuss.  I want this show and Hogville Cafe to grow in popularity.  Thanks to all of you for helping make both these shows a part of your life.
We don't rent pigs

Alt-F4

Quote from: psst! on October 16, 2007, 06:34:14 pm
I am hearing that Barrett is working behind the scenes for this Bo character.

Just noticed your sig....

Did Otis Kirk really say that?  If so, I'm thinking a banner over a game may be appropriate.

What a white trash loser he is.
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Buck Ocean

Quote from: missippihog on October 16, 2007, 12:14:45 pm
Gotta fight the establishment.

Absolutely.  Take the mf'ers all the way to supreme court if you have to.  Hogvillians, we are known for being tenacious and relentless.  While others may not like that shadow cast down, I relish in it.  HDN claims they're fighters....warriors and they'll never give up.  That's okay with me.  Just because an ant fights with courage doesn't mean he will not get squashed by my Jordan shoes. 

Plus, you're from the Delta, so I'll do anything I can for the cause.
Think like a Jedi

HoopHog

BUCK FRICKIN OCEAN...as I fart and breathe!!!

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Quote from: wayne1958 on October 16, 2007, 08:06:21 pm
selfish bump............. ;)

Another one.....................ya'll help!
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Never heard from Jim Howe, General Manager, KFFA Radio.........must be too busy.
We don't rent pigs

revolution

The G.M. sent me the same reply to my email. 

Here is what I sent back to him:

Dear Mr. Howe,

I appreciate the courtesy of your reply.  However, I am familiar with Sports Talk hosted by Bo Mattingly.  I like Bo, but I believe his daily guests get their talking points from the BAC and are not independent, objective analysts.  They are quick to disparage the character of others who disagree with their "official" position.  When you make this change, I will not be listening to KFFA, nor will I utilize the services of those who advertise with your station.  I will encourage others to take the same stance.

I realize you must make what you feel is the best choice for your station and market.  I do wish you good luck in the future, but I cannot support this decision, so I am making what I feel is the best choice for my resources of time and money.  I wish you would survey your listeners and find which program they would prefer before making this change.  I suspect you may be responding to well-orchestrated pressure against Sports Rap that originates from supporters of Houston Nutt.  I believe his tenure as coach at Arkansas will shortly be coming to an end, but I will not forget those who propped up his incompetent leadership.

Thanks again for your consideration of my opinion. 

Have a good day.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: revolution on October 17, 2007, 05:32:16 pm

Dear Mr. Howe,

I appreciate the courtesy of your reply.  However, I am familiar with Sports Talk hosted by Bo Mattingly.  I like Bo, but I believe his daily guests get their talking points from the BAC and are not independent, objective analysts.  They are quick to disparage the character of others who disagree with their "official" position.  When you make this change, I will not be listening to KFFA, nor will I utilize the services of those who advertise with your station.  I will encourage others to take the same stance.

I realize you must make what you feel is the best choice for your station and market.  I do wish you good luck in the future, but I cannot support this decision, so I am making what I feel is the best choice for my resources of time and money.  I wish you would survey your listeners and find which program they would prefer before making this change.  I suspect you may be responding to well-orchestrated pressure against Sports Rap that originates from supporters of Houston Nutt.  I believe his tenure as coach at Arkansas will shortly be coming to an end, but I will not forget those who propped up his incompetent leadership.

Have a good day.

Good reply!  Thank you!
We don't rent pigs

arkrzrbacks

Quote from: revolution on October 17, 2007, 05:32:16 pm

Dear Mr. Howe,

Have a good day.

Talked to a girl on the phone today at the station and she said that they have receibed several request to keep SportsRap. Also that the stsation may be reconsidering but wouldn't give a solid answer.

missippihog

Glad to see this back on. All help would be greatly appreciated.

BadHog

I haven't received a response to my email.  Hmmmm...
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

arkrzrbacks

I hope they keep it, but I'm still trying to get the Stuttgart station to carry it on one of their channels.