Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[CONFIRMED] Texas A&M tells Big 12 "Thanks for the memories, but..."

Started by Doug, August 29, 2011, 11:19:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Let me preface this right now by saying this: NOTHING IS CONFIRMED YET...

This is now confirmed!  See my post on Page 2

I'm hearing rumblings that Texas A&M signed, sealed and deliver their official notice to Big 12 commissioners earlier tonight.

IF this is true, I expect the official announcement to come no later than 4 PM Central time on Thursday. Very doubtful anything will come out tomorrow.

I have a feeling that the Big 12 is going to try to delay as long as possible to try to force Texas A&M to remain in the Big 12 through 2012 season, however, the Aggies do have a few aces up their sleeves.

Again, this is just an UNVERIFIED rumor.

Carry on. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hog Milanese

Simple Swineman

All is right with the world. Presser at 4 threads are back!!!

ark30inf

Can you actually confirm that nothing is confirmed? 

I thought not.

Doug

Quote from: Simple SwinemanAll is right with the world. Presser at 4 threads are back!!!
I knew someone was gonna call me out on that, haha!

JUST for you...
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

josh_sec33

ESPN reports that the New York Times has your back Douglas.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6907754/big-12-outlines-texas-requirements-exit-conference

The New York Times is reporting Texas A&M has notified the Big 12 it will withdraw from the conference.

The newspaper reported on its website Monday night that Texas A&M President R. Bowen Loftin sent a letter to Missouri Chancellor and Big 12 board chairman Brady Deaton to inform the league it was leaving.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Hawgfan5

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I've also heard that while we cannot confirm or deny that which is unconformable; that strict guidelines are, in fact,  being followed to insure that all information will be run through a confirmation process prior to being given authorization that will lead to its eventual release as official rumor...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Douglas on August 29, 2011, 11:28:12 pm
I knew someone was gonna call me out on that, haha!

JUST for you...

Is that the same plane that brought the rain on the coach that gave me the brain pain?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

josh_sec33

The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

3kgthog

Leaving for nowhere. They don't even have a home. That must suck.

plumbhog

bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

Doug

That's one of the places I'm hearing it.  Though the SLAP that wrote the NYT article is also the same one that said that Arkansas and Notre Dame were both serious contenders for Big 12... so factor that in.

Do you honestly think I would have used that as my lead?  Pfffffft. As if. :)

I subscribe to the Mike Irwin School of Fact Checking before I confirm anything (3 independent VERIFIABLE sources).  This is why I have this entire thread prefaced as [RUMOR].
--Doug

Ugly Uncle

They will have to make their move quickly.  From what I understand you have to give a full 365 day notice.  If they wait until after their first game is played, they would have to wait another year to leave.
Retired Radio Host

Doug

That's why I said that I expect the actual presser to come in by 4 PM Central time, and that the Big 12 will try to delay as long as possible.
--Doug

josh_sec33

I had heard Sept. 1 as moving day for a while now. we'll know something definitive by Wednesday.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: josh_sec33 on August 30, 2011, 12:04:12 am
I had heard Sept. 1 as moving day for a while now. we'll know something definitive by Wednesday.

Sept. 1st will be the start up of the season next year.  So, yeah, I bet it would have to be Wednesday by midnight.
Retired Radio Host

Doug

As long as they announce by 5:59 PM US Eastern time on September 1st, they'll be in compliance with the 365 day requirement.  What I'm concerned about is Big12/Texas attempting to screw TAMU over on the window of time.
--Doug

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

josh_sec33

Quote from: Douglas on August 30, 2011, 12:21:36 am
As long as they announce by 5:59 PM US Eastern time on September 1st, they'll be in compliance with the 365 day requirement.  What I'm concerned about is Big12/Texas attempting to screw TAMU over on the window of time.

Then the next 48-72 hours are going to be really fun to keep up with. :)

ChiTown27

Is this a leap year? Also, they provided an official letter of notice. That should trump anything the Big XII tries to do to delay. It's in writing and officially in their hands. DONE and DONE.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Doug

Leap years really don't have a bearing on it.  From my understanding, the wording is "One Calendar Year" from the next Season start.

Again, I need to reiterate, I've only HEARD (two sources, can't count them as verifiable yet) that TAMU delivered the official letter tonight, so until TAMU/Big12 comes out and says it on the air, it's not official nor is it fact.

As Josh said, the next 2 days, 15 hours, 15 minutes are going to be VERY interesting.
--Doug

lrcentral

If the reports of the NYT are true why the CC to Missouri? Prodding them to come along?

CallThemHawgs!

Still not sure if I want them to even join.... oh well. I would not be angry if they had to wait thru 2012

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 30, 2011, 12:00:50 am
They will have to make their move quickly.  From what I understand you have to give a full 365 day notice.  If they wait until after their first game is played, they would have to wait another year to leave.

I don't think Texas A&M has any game set on their 2012 schedule until Sept 15, against SMU and 2012 is a leap year giving them an additional extra day. Technically speaking if the 365 day notice is correct.

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Catfish Joe

Looks like everthing is going to start falling into place.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: lrcentral on August 30, 2011, 01:48:44 am
If the reports of the NYT are true why the CC to Missouri? Prodding them to come along?
not sure it was a CC but that the head of the committee is also a Mizzou man

PP

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

razorbrock

Eh... more fuel
KPRC2

A friend of mine in Houston gave me this heads up.  A local news station is claiming TAM will announce departure, today.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

razorbrock

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

threeNout

well if they come here, that'll be 3 dog schools

Mississippi st,  Georgia, then Tex A&M, and Tennessee has a dog for a mascot.

going to the dogs!

Landonhog

Catfish Joe

Quote from: Landonhog on August 30, 2011, 07:06:22 am
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=419206.0

12 pages of the same here???

No, that was the "I think we should see other people" precursor.

This is the "I'm moving out" where things really get ugly.

Next we'll have the more attractive SEC mistress show her face.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

josh_sec33

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tlmack

KBTX the local College Station cbs affiliate is reporting that no letter has been sent to the Big 12.They do confirm the exit letter that details what needs to be done.If you want to keep up go to kbtx.com

texas tush hog

Pig in the Pokey

August 30, 2011, 09:10:13 am #38 Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:13:09 am by Pig in the Poke
Quote from: Douglas on August 30, 2011, 12:02:55 am
That's why I said that I expect the actual presser to come in by 4 PM Central time, and that the Big 12 will try to delay as long as possible.
I guarantee it will come out by tomorrow (Tues 8-30)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hooch

I may be wrong but I would imagine its like most other contracts.  If they notified them today, this would meet the requirement it wouldn't be the date that it is announced.  All my contracts are 90 day notice but if notified before the 90 days it is nullified. 

Hornkiller

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/08/30/texas-am-big-12.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a3

Texas A&M says it has not sent a letter of withdrawal to the Big 12 Conference.

The brief statement by school spokesman Jason Cook comes a day after The New York Times said in a story posted on its Web site Monday night that university President R. Bowen Loftin sent a letter to Missouri Chancellor and Big 12 board chairman Brady Deaton to inform the league it was leaving. The report cited two unidentified college officials with direct knowledge of the decision.

The university said Monday it had received a letter from Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe outlining the withdrawal procedure should the Aggies decide to leave the league.

The Aggies are interested in joining the Southeastern Conference. Last week they formally told Beebe they are exploring their options and asked for the conference to outline the process if they decide to leave.

A&M is worse then a teenage girlfriend. Yesterday: "I hate you (Texas), I'm going to leave for someone that treats me right." Today: "I never said we broke up. Did I say we broke up?"

jesterzzn

Quote from: Hornkiller on August 30, 2011, 09:14:02 am
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/08/30/texas-am-big-12.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a3

Texas A&M says it has not sent a letter of withdrawal to the Big 12 Conference.

The brief statement by school spokesman Jason Cook comes a day after The New York Times said in a story posted on its Web site Monday night that university President R. Bowen Loftin sent a letter to Missouri Chancellor and Big 12 board chairman Brady Deaton to inform the league it was leaving. The report cited two unidentified college officials with direct knowledge of the decision.

The university said Monday it had received a letter from Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe outlining the withdrawal procedure should the Aggies decide to leave the league.

The Aggies are interested in joining the Southeastern Conference. Last week they formally told Beebe they are exploring their options and asked for the conference to outline the process if they decide to leave.

A&M is worse then a teenage girlfriend. Yesterday: "I hate you (Texas), I'm going to leave for someone that treats me right." Today: "I never said we broke up. Did I say we broke up?"

I have a source directly connected to the BoT with Texas A&M.  I have confirmed my source with mods in the past, and will do so again if needed.  I have been mostly quiet specifically because of all the BS that is swirling right now.

Let me say this as clearly as I can.  NOTHING that is being reported is coming from anyone at Texas A&M (at least not anyone that would know squat).  It is all coming from Big 12 sources and/or Longhorn sources.

The problem is that boosters with Texas A&M are also getting caught up in this he said she said tug of war, and that is being jumped on by media as if it were credible.

These reports are not credible.  In the fifteen years I have known this person, I have never seen him as tight lipped about ANYTHING as he is right now, and that includes the Dennis Franchione mess that had the whole university on radio silence.

Fact 1.  A&M is negotiating the terms of their withdrawal.

Fact 2.  There are no more facts yet.

NaturalStateReb

Bill King on Rivals Radio said this morning that A&M and the Big 12 had reached an agreement in principle where the Big 12 would not sue A&M and A&M would not sue the Big 12.  He said he expected an announcement today.

Sounds like this deal is about to close.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

texas tush hog

Quote from: jesterzzn on August 30, 2011, 09:34:28 am
I have a source directly connected to the BoT with Texas A&M.  I have confirmed my source with mods in the past, and will do so again if needed.  I have been mostly quiet specifically because of all the BS that is swirling right now.

Let me say this as clearly as I can.  NOTHING that is being reported is coming from anyone at Texas A&M (at least not anyone that would know squat).  It is all coming from Big 12 sources and/or Longhorn sources.

The problem is that boosters with Texas A&M are also getting caught up in this he said she said tug of war, and that is being jumped on by media as if it were credible.

These reports are not credible.  In the fifteen years I have known this person, I have never seen him as tight lipped about ANYTHING as he is right now, and that includes the Dennis Franchione mess that had the whole university on radio silence.

Fact 1.  A&M is negotiating the terms of their withdrawal.

Fact 2.  There are no more facts yet.

I probably know some of the same people you do and you are absolutely right, the silence has been deafening since August 14th.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Douglas on August 29, 2011, 11:44:01 pm
That's one of the places I'm hearing it.  Though the SLAP that wrote the NYT article is also the same one that said that Arkansas and Notre Dame were both serious contenders for Big 12... so factor that in.

Come we know he said that Notre Dame and Arkansas were at the top of the wishlist but far fetched and that BYU was the most logical choice.

jesterzzn

Quote from: texas tush hog on August 30, 2011, 09:41:41 am
I probably know some of the same people you do and you are absolutely right, the silence has been deafening since August 14th.

One thing I have been told is that they (A&M) are content to let the Big 12 break any news about Big 12 related news. 

That to me was about as much of a confirmation of what is going on right now as anyone could wish for, so long as you can read between those lines.

josh_sec33

Don't we all love today's internet and twitter fueled rumor storyline progression? There are times i really wish we were back in the time where we didn't have all the rampant speculation and innuendo and sources on message boards and wait for the paper or TV to say it has happened.

Who am I kidding.

Presser at 5 baby!

Doug

If I'm wrong about all of this (and I don't think I am), I'll do a full on Mea Culpa.

The clock is ticking. :D
--Doug

PonderinHog

Quote from: Douglas on August 30, 2011, 09:54:07 am
If I'm wrong about all of this (and I don't think I am), I'll do a full on Mea Culpa.

The clock is ticking. :D
HIPAA  Hogville Information Punctuality & Accuracy Act :)

texas tush hog

Quote from: jesterzzn on August 30, 2011, 09:48:24 am
One thing I have been told is that they (A&M) are content to let the Big 12 break any news about Big 12 related news. 

That to me was about as much of a confirmation of what is going on right now as anyone could wish for, so long as you can read between those lines.

Agree 100% my sources clammed up about three weeks ago. Most of my speculation lately has been to keep NWASooner to keep making a fool of himself. That's been fun.