Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you need a laugh on a Monday afternoon...

Started by Augustus, July 27, 2015, 06:33:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regi

Arkansas will not join a league where revenue is not equally split among members. Only OU agrees to let Texas ream em like that. Nebraska, Mizzou and Ags all got fed up and left.

regi

Hate I even acknowledge these desperate articles that try to figure a way to save the Horns league.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

mizzouman

Quote from: regi on July 28, 2015, 10:33:15 am
Arkansas will not join a league where revenue is not equally split among members. Only OU agrees to let Texas ream em like that. Nebraska, Mizzou and Ags all got fed up and left.
Plus Colorado

Torqued pork

The answers for the BIG XII were A&M, Nebraska, Missou and Colorado, but they let the Horn$ and their precious little LHN run off those schools. The best that conference can hope for now is Cincy, Memphis or Tulane. They'll settle for a band-aid to cover a mortal wound.

Sportster365

It's almost a backhanded compliment. While at the same time a smite at themselves. On one hand it's always nice to be courted, but when the gesture is offered with the notion the person you're currently with is too good for you but you're just right for lowly ole me doesn't work too well.

If that wasn't funny enough, the fans on that website seems to overwhelmingly agree that Arkansas would be a nice addition. But lets look at it hypothetically, if Jeff Long and the Board of Trustees were for any reason to entertain this idea...given the Big XII decides to equally disperse its revenue, I would think Arkansas under our current system would be a mammoth to deal with in a league full of finesse offenses. We'd most certainly be favorites every year to win the Big XII

hogman99

Quote from: Torqued pork on July 28, 2015, 11:08:05 am
The answers for the BIG XII were A&M, Nebraska, Missou and Colorado, but they let the Horn$ and their precious little LHN run off those schools. The best that conference can hope for now is Cincy, Memphis or Tulane. They'll settle for a band-aid to cover a mortal wound.

Well said and very accurate. 

The folks in the Big 12 always seem to leave out that detail when they come up with scenerios on how to expand in the Big 12.  They need to underestand they made their bed now they need to sleep in it.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 28, 2015, 10:05:19 am
B.S. alert has been issued! So you're clearly saying that on matter what major conference we might be in we have NO hope of ever rising and staying at or near the top?! With CBB and how he's building the program I will challenge you all day long on that dumb and thoughtless statement!!

CBB himself has the ability to get and kept a team near the top.  The investment to do that over an extended period of time involves a lot more than a coach.  If The PTB at Arkansas have the will to do what it takes then yes Arkansas can achieve greatness.  Can we carry that over through coaching chances is another question. 

Our time in the SEC hasn't proven much except we can occasionally field a pretty good team...after which we fire the coach.  It's gonna take a lot more than a homey statement to change the perception of Razorback football. 

But, you start with belief and I'm glad there are fans who have that unconditionally.

Hogarusa

It's a blog, an opinion piece in the summer, not meant to be taken as actual news.  A what if perhaps.  Also...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=595703.0
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PonderinHog

Arkansas' answer for the Big 12 - a resounding NO!  Those idiots had better lower their sights and shop around.

Sportster365

Quote from: Hogarusa on July 28, 2015, 11:47:23 am
It's a blog, an opinion piece in the summer, not meant to be taken as actual news.  A what if perhaps.  Also...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=595703.0

My bad, I never looked in that thread. Suppose I hadn't been in need of a good laugh lately... Mods please merge