Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you need a laugh on a Monday afternoon...

Started by Augustus, July 27, 2015, 06:33:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Augustus on July 27, 2015, 06:33:01 pm
The Answer for the Big 12: Arkansas  (written by an Okie State blogger)

http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2015/7/27/9036023/the-answer-for-the-big-12-arkansas

Well, he ain't wrong on any of the points he made with the exception of, it ain't happening. Dream on Big 12.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogarusa

Obviously has been discussed a million times on Hogville over the years but always would have preferred this.  It comes down to money and the SEC money and power will always rule so it's a silly argument.  But I would have always preferred  trips to Lawrence, Stillwater, Austin, DFW,  and OKC/Norman over anything (minus Nashville) in the SEC.  Move either KSt or Iowa St to KC or Baylor/Texas Tech to Dallas and I would have few complaints. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

theFlyingHog

We would forever be the team "that couldn't hack it in the sec"

lefty08

Quote from: Hogarusa on July 27, 2015, 06:47:49 pm
Obviously has been discussed a million times on Hogville over the years but always would have preferred this.  It comes down to money and the SEC money and power will always rule so it's a silly argument.  But I would have always preferred  trips to Lawrence, Stillwater, Austin, DFW,  and OKC/Norman over anything (minus Nashville) in the SEC.  Move either KSt or Iowa St to KC or Baylor/Texas Tech to Dallas and I would have few complaints.

you do a great job of hiding your displeasure in your posts
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Mike_e

A $100,000,000.00 a year and professional referees, non biased of course, and we'll listen.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 27, 2015, 06:56:44 pm
We would forever be the team "that couldn't hack it in the sec"

I'm not in favor of a move to the Big 12, but that attitude would go by the wayside quickly if we made more Play-off appearances as a result and won a few. People would forget that mindset quickly.

That said, we aren't moving to the Big 12.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogarusa

Quote from: lefty08 on July 27, 2015, 07:01:48 pm

you do a great job of hiding your displeasure in your posts

Haha.  I will do better
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

MultipleScoreGasms

Nice.  The writer makes a point to say a move to the B12 is a positive move for Arkansas  because they won't have to play the "meat grinder" schedule that is the SEC West.  What an interesting way to say "our teams suck by comparison."  I didn't notice anything about equal revenue sharing, or dismantling the LH Network in exchange for a B12 Network.  It would be somewhat interesting if both AR and NE were in, but nothing I couldn't live without.

flagstaffhog

Sure. It makes perfect sense for the Big 12. Makes no sense for Arkansas.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

MontanaHog

Equally ludicrous:

Personally I think they should put feelers out and see if Nebraska has any interest in returning.

Gonzo

Quote from: Augustus on July 27, 2015, 06:33:01 pm
The Answer for the Big 12: Arkansas  (written by an Okie State blogger)

http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2015/7/27/9036023/the-answer-for-the-big-12-arkansas

Not really laughable, from the Big 12's perspective Arkansas is clearly one of the more logical targets if they look to expand. Doesn't mean it's a logical or beneficial move for Arkansas.  I don't think the Big 12 is going to find much success trying to pry a team away from the other P5 conferences, no matter much it makes sense it makes for the Big 12.

Go Hogs!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on July 27, 2015, 07:31:28 pm
Nice.  The writer makes a point to say a move to the B12 is a positive move for Arkansas  because they won't have to play the "meat grinder" schedule that is the SEC West.  What an interesting way to say "our teams suck by comparison." 

Yeah, hard to get around the writer's admission.  They've always known it.  now they're at least implying it.

And why would we join any conference run by UT?  Talk about poison.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

go hogues

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 27, 2015, 07:09:20 pm
I'm not in favor of a move to the Big 12, but that attitude would go by the wayside quickly if we made more Play-off appearances as a result and won a few. People would forget that mindset quickly.

We're going to be a middle of the pack team in any P5 conference. Might as well do it in the one that makes the most money.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Cinco de Hogo

Tell you what, I'll just take it as a compliment to our program that we are wanted.  It's not going to happen for the one reason he avoided and that's money...oh, and the fact that Texas happens to be in that conference.

Now, personally I don't care how much money we make, Arkansas is one of the few programs thst has ALWYS operated in the black.  I don't care which conference we are in per se.

I want to be in a conference we can win a championship in the three major sports occasionally.  You do thst and it tends to increase your revenue in other ways. 

It seems to me that most Arkansas fans have lost any sense of expectation when it come to competing for championships.  You worry about money or image or "hacking it".  Championships do absolute wonders for a program and in our case a state.  I think we have lost sight of that.

However having said that I can't get past my disdain for Texas.  Ha, maybe we could get the SEC to swap out aTm for Texas.

jkelly107

I dislike Texas and Oklahoma more than any SEC school. Would love to play them every year.

PonderinHog

I'd rather wander in the SEC wilderness for forty years than crawl back to the evil orange empire.   ::hornsdown::

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 27, 2015, 08:40:53 pm
I'd rather wander in the SEC wilderness for forty years than crawl back to the evil orange empire.   ::hornsdown::

Over my dead and stinking, rotting body!!!

LRRandy

Quote from: go hogues on July 27, 2015, 08:13:40 pm
We're going to be a middle of the pack team in any P5 conference. Might as well do it in the one that makes the most money.
and there you have it.
This is fun, isn't it.

SquidBilly

I remember one prominent HC in the Big 12 saying the SEC is overrated.  But now we have this guy on the OSU board saying we should go over there because the Big 12 would be much easier for us.  Which is it, I'm confused?

Medic821

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

wholehog92

I'd sooner slam my man parts in a car door than go back to conference ran by the UTerus heads.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 27, 2015, 08:36:14 pm
  Ha, maybe we could get the SEC to swap out aTm for Texas.
And have them destroy the SEC too? No thanks.

PonderinHog

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 27, 2015, 09:11:20 pm
I'd sooner slam my man parts in a car door than go back to conference ran by the UTerus heads.
I'm gonna take that as a "no."

LRRandy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 27, 2015, 09:04:09 pm
Yeah, we'd be bottom third in the Big10.
nah, don't sell yourself short. I think you'd finish middle of the pack most years. Bottom third would be rebuilding.
This is fun, isn't it.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 27, 2015, 09:22:33 pm
And have them destroy the SEC too? No thanks.

You missed the point, the only way I would even consider going back to the B12 is if Texas wasn't in it.  So, if we weren't on the SEC any longer then I would hope Texas screwed up the SEC big time. 

Hawgey-Davidson

The baseball reference killed all the credibilty of the article for me. Dude smokin some good stuff.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 27, 2015, 09:48:42 pm
You missed the point, the only way I would even consider going back to the B12 is if Texas wasn't in it.  So, if we weren't on the SEC any longer then I would hope Texas screwed up the SEC big time. 
Oooh, gotcha! Makes sense.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on July 27, 2015, 09:53:29 pm
The baseball reference killed all the credibilty of the article for me. Dude smokin some good stuff.
Did you mean basketball? Because we made it to the college world series this year which is the last 8 college teams left standing.  And this was on a "down" or rebuilding type of year.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 27, 2015, 07:09:20 pm

I agree with this statement. Winning solves a lot of problems.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on July 27, 2015, 09:53:29 pm
so are you, apparently. Our baseball team is always solid. Even been #1. WTH??
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hawghiggs

I've never had a problem with Arkansas leaving the SEC. My problem is that I wouldn't want the hawgs to go near the Big12. The Big 12 is to dysfunctional for its own good and needs to be scrapped. Now with that all said. I wouldn't mind building a new version of the Southwest Conference.

1, Arkansas
2, Baylor
3, LSU
4, New Mexico
5, Oklahoma
6, Oklahoma state
7, Texas
8, Texas A&M
9, Texas Tech
10, TCU

This conference would be balanced with 5 non Texas teams vs. 5 Texas teams.

rickm1976

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on July 27, 2015, 07:31:28 pm
Nice.  The writer makes a point to say a move to the B12 is a positive move for Arkansas  because they won't have to play the "meat grinder" schedule that is the SEC West.  What an interesting way to say "our teams suck by comparison."  I didn't notice anything about equal revenue sharing, or dismantling the LH Network in exchange for a B12 Network.  It would be somewhat interesting if both AR and NE were in, but nothing I couldn't live without.

I got a real kick when he mentioned our schedule, and not having to face Ole Miss (along with Bama and LSU) every year.  Ole Miss?  They aren't my idea of a team anyone would dread playing.

wholehog92

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 27, 2015, 10:24:01 pm
so are you, apparently. Our baseball team is always solid. Even been #1. WTH??

I'd say we are typically better than top 20 as the author stated.  I think we're a top 10 baseball team.

LSU, FL, Cal, FSU, Vandy, Miami, the Cavaliers, USCw are probably the only more consistent programs than us and we are better often.

You could throw some others out there, Arizona, Duke, texass, TCU are good more often than not, but not on our level.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

HogWall Jackson

Arkansas would never again summit itself to be a disengaged passenger on a BUS OWNED by the Texas Longhorns. Texas poisoned the SWC and are doing the same to the Big 12. Look at how much better of Texas A&M is just being out of the Mess made by Texas. They will be POISON to any Conference given the opportunity, No Thanks.

I believe that OU is watching A&M very closely, they are catching on as well. If they leave the Big 12, it is History. The Big 12 is closer to that Reality than they are to regaining Arkansas as a Member. The Cloick is Running on the Big 12 right now.

ChitownHawg

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that CBB probably would say "I left a lesser conference to coach at the best conference. I ain't going back to a lesser conference. It's all about playing the best so you can be your best."
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

twistitup

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on July 28, 2015, 05:14:31 am
Arkansas would never again summit itself to be a disengaged passenger on a BUS OWNED by the Texas Longhorns. Texas poisoned the SWC and are doing the same to the Big 12. Look at how much better of Texas A&M is just being out of the Mess made by Texas. They will be POISON to any Conference given the opportunity, No Thanks.

I believe that OU is watching A&M very closely, they are catching on as well. If they leave the Big 12, it is History. The Big 12 is closer to that Reality than they are to regaining Arkansas as a Member. The Cloick is Running on the Big 12 right now.
Big 12 is already toast.....they are iike Blockbuster before they realized they were done. It still looked like a nice store, but nobody was interested.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hog N Bama

Quote from: rickm1976 on July 27, 2015, 10:29:15 pm
I got a real kick when he mentioned our schedule, and not having to face Ole Miss (along with Bama and LSU) every year.  Ole Miss?  They aren't my idea of a team anyone would dread playing.
Yeah really. Ole Miss? 30-0

MultipleScoreGasms

However having said that I can't get past my disdain for Texas.  Ha, maybe we could get the SEC to swap out aTm for Texas.

Oh gosh, please no.  Texass hasn't met a conference they haven't destroyed.  An occasional Bowl Game is okay, but I've come to appreciat being in a conference without them in it.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Hawghiggs on July 27, 2015, 10:24:53 pm
I've never had a problem with Arkansas leaving the SEC. My problem is that I wouldn't want the hawgs to go near the Big12. The Big 12 is to dysfunctional for its own good and needs to be scrapped. Now with that all said. I wouldn't mind building a new version of the Southwest Conference.

1, Arkansas
2, Baylor
3, LSU
4, New Mexico
5, Oklahoma
6, Oklahoma state
7, Texas
8, Texas A&M
9, Texas Tech
10, TCU

This conference would be balanced with 5 non Texas teams vs. 5 Texas teams.
Yeah, looks good (seriously).  Just need to add 3 teams and scrap 1.

rzrbaxfan

From the comments:

QuoteAgain, I agree it is very unlikely, but I was looking at it at a "what the big12 needs point of view" not that it's necessarily best for y'all.

He's looking at saving the B12, even if it means that the team that helps saves it is screwed over.

Great read.

39 more days until September 5.

pitbull1

outlawhogeywells

I bet if Arkansas was to move to the Big 12  OU could not pack their bags fast enough to take our place in the SEC

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on July 28, 2015, 09:10:42 am
I bet if Arkansas was to move to the Big 12  OU could not pack their bags fast enough to take our place in the SEC

Exactly what is stopping them now, are they afraid of us?  No, but the SEC would probably put a full court press on them.

Sportster365

Are they serious? Why would Arkansas leave the prominence of the SEC to join a failing Big 12? A league that will likely see its demise if the 4 sixteen team power conferences ever come into fruition.

Sure the road traveled to get to a CFP would likely be much easier on the Razorbacks, but is it really worth leaving for? Should we run from competition?

texas tush hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 27, 2015, 08:40:53 pm

Let the sips rot on the vine.

texas tush hog

I would consider moving to the Big XII with one caveat. All games involving Arkansas must be officiated by recent Arkansas graduates. Worked well for the Sips?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: go hogues on July 27, 2015, 08:13:40 pm
B.S. alert has been issued! So you're clearly saying that on matter what major conference we might be in we have NO hope of ever rising and staying at or near the top?! With CBB and how he's building the program I will challenge you all day long on that dumb and thoughtless statement!!