Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One of the top Players this year instate is only a Sophomore QB

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, September 20, 2007, 12:18:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

The City of Pine Bluff is starting to produce and looks to be the Warren/Camden of 2009, their are several recruits who are going to make some noise. Willie Roaf & Fred Williams would be proud.   Just click below photo to get to link:

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

Claude Johnson will never put up the high school numbers of a Mitch Mustain, Ryan Mallett or for that matter a Casey Dick, but don't let that fool you.  I know the majority of folks judge players by the numbers they put up, but if you have seen any of the Pine Bluff games, then you would know that his receivers often don't complete their routes, run their routes poorly, drop passes that hit them right in the hands and most of his runs come after he has already avoided at least 2 tacklers in the backfield.  If Johnson played at Little Rock Central, Pulaski Academy, Warren or 1 of the other traditional football powers, he would be the most talked about player in the state, IMHO.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Willie Roaf.....

any relation to the Pro Bowl offensive lineman of the Saints and Chiefs?

#1 STUNNA

sounds like him and warrens so sensation hayden smith will be battling for the #1 qb spot in state for the next three years

lovemesomedale

#1 Claude is the top soph in the state he will win that battle. Smith needs to gain about 3 inches before he even gets talked about going D1.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: lovemesomedale on September 20, 2007, 12:03:16 pm
#1 Claude is the top soph in the state he will win that battle. Smith needs to gain about 3 inches before he even gets talked about going D1.

as long as he is 6 foot he will go d1 he ia putting up ungodly numbers for just being a sophomore,with that said i believe sophomore RB courtny haskell will end up being the #1 player in thr state when all is said and done

PigWig

Johnson will be one of the most touted recruits in the state, if not the country, by his senior season.  The Hogs need to get a commit as early as possible because this kid will likely be a 5* quaterback by the time all is said and done.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: PigWig on September 20, 2007, 03:00:36 pm
Johnson will be one of the most touted recruits in the state, if not the country, by his senior season.  The Hogs need to get a commit as early as possible because this kid will likely be a 5* quaterback by the time all is said and done.

im going to have to watch hm sounds very impressive to bad hes not in warren he would already be big time

The_Bionic_Pig

Claude Johnson reminds me a great deal of Michael Vick at Virginia Tech his Senior year and you will continue to hear this comparison for the next 3 years. his is incredibaly elusive and quick.  He is De'Anthony Curtis with a cannon for a Arm.  Keep in mind he is only 14-15 yrs old.

Hayden Smith has a loaded, talented team of recievers who run crisp routes which allows his accuracy stats to be much better.  Both will be highly recruited by the end of their Junior Years.   

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Hawgballz on September 20, 2007, 09:46:57 am
Claude Johnson will never put up the high school numbers of a Mitch Mustain, Ryan Mallett or for that matter a Casey Dick, but don't let that fool you.  I know the majority of folks judge players by the numbers they put up, but if you have seen any of the Pine Bluff games, then you would know that his receivers often don't complete their routes, run their routes poorly, drop passes that hit them right in the hands and most of his runs come after he has already avoided at least 2 tacklers in the backfield.  If Johnson played at Little Rock Central, Pulaski Academy, Warren or 1 of the other traditional football powers, he would be the most talked about player in the state, IMHO.
The receivers sound like perfect fits for us.

H&D

Quote from: Hawgballz on September 20, 2007, 09:46:57 am

What happened at Pine Bluff?  I thought they were one of the "traditional football powers".
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on September 20, 2007, 05:29:14 pm
What happened at Pine Bluff?  I thought they were one of the "traditional football powers".

I guess it goes around the state in spurts....but they seem to be making a slow rise back into that picture.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogfan54

They are under a new coach who is going to turn that program around into a powerhouse.  This quarterback is special I just hope that we can get down there and get him locked up as soon as possible.

mossfan33

"Locked up" haha.  I know what you meant but with the recent happenings at Bearden and Arkansas high involving some recruits that was a pretty funny quote.

Quote from: hogfan54 on September 20, 2007, 09:28:11 pm
They are under a new coach who is going to turn that program around into a powerhouse.  This quarterback is special I just hope that we can get down there and get him locked up as soon as possible.
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 20, 2007, 05:55:18 pm
Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on September 20, 2007, 05:29:14 pm

I guess it goes around the state in spurts....but they seem to be making a slow rise back into that picture.

It is going to take a special coach to turn Pine Bluff around. It is more than just a spurt that is wrong with Pine Bluff right now.  Pine Bluff is losing a lot of players to the streets and the program has lost its shine.  Pine Bluff as a city is in as bad a shape now as it has ever been.  It seems like if anyone can turn the program around, the current coach may be the man for the job.   

lovemesomedale

6' not D1 unless he runs like Troy Smith. Your not going to find many in the country in D1 at just 6' tall. Im not dogging on him bc he does throw a very good ball. Saw him at the scrimmage and two days in LR at the 7on7. Im just telling you that QBs under 6'1" better be a balla and fast if they want to go D1.

Brewhogg

If the Kid is a Sophomore he will probably have a few more inches of growing left to do. Definately sounds like one to keep your eye on.
Just rub a little dirt on it and get back in there!

jrodell

If we are talking about top sophomores, Michael Dyer needs to be included in the discussion. He ran for almost 300 yards against CAC last week and is an unbelievable running back. He is about 5'10'' 190lbs and ran a 4.3 at an LSU summer camp this past summer. He is the real deal and I look for him to be near a 5 star if he is not.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: lovemesomedale on September 21, 2007, 01:48:16 pm
6' not D1 unless he runs like Troy Smith. Your not going to find many in the country in D1 at just 6' tall. Im not dogging on him bc he does throw a very good ball. Saw him at the scrimmage and two days in LR at the 7on7. Im just telling you that QBs under 6'1" better be a balla and fast if they want to go D1.

troy smith is not fast, he ran a 4.6-4.7 at the pro combine, hayden smith runs a 4.6 and still has growing room remeber he is just a sophomore. Courtny Haskell the SO RB is 5'11 205 and is running a 4.38 i believe he is the number one sophomore in the state he is a beast.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jrodell on September 21, 2007, 04:02:14 pm
If we are talking about top sophomores, Michael Dyer needs to be included in the discussion. He ran for almost 300 yards against CAC last week and is an unbelievable running back. He is about 5'10'' 190lbs and ran a 4.3 at an LSU summer camp this past summer. He is the real deal and I look for him to be near a 5 star if he is not.

He will be attending the game tommorrow as well jrodell along with some 09' Basketball prospects A.J. Walton & Fred Gulley III.   So basically this is a HUGE recruiting weekend for Coach Pelphrey as well.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

#1 STUNNA

Warren SO QB Hayden Smith
1,237 yds 17 tds and 4 ints through 4 games

ballhogger14u

Claude stayed with me and my family last year while he competed in a baseball tournament in russellville for a week. words can't describe how good of a kid he is and i was glad because he is a beast. he is also a very good baseball player, the best in the tournament and there were teams there from several different states. I clocked his fastball in the midto high 80s. don't know if he would be a pitcher, but doesn't matter the kid could play any position on the field. Awesome talent and an even better kid

The_Bionic_Pig

According to rivals he is the #1 Player in the State of Arkansas for 09'
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on September 20, 2007, 04:34:03 pm
Quote from: PigWig on September 20, 2007, 03:00:36 pm

im going to have to watch hm sounds very impressive to bad hes not in warren he would already be big time
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 20, 2007, 04:56:07 pm
Claude Johnson reminds me a great deal of Michael Vick at Virginia Tech his Senior year and you will continue to hear this comparison for the next 3 years. his is incredibaly elusive and quick.  He is De'Anthony Curtis with a cannon for a Arm.  Keep in mind he is only 14-15 yrs old.

Hayden Smith has a loaded, talented team of recievers who run crisp routes which allows his accuracy stats to be much better.  Both will be highly recruited by the end of their Junior Years.  

That Michael Vick comparison is actually accurate.  He is not polished yet and needs to work on his accuracy but all the tools are there for him to be a big time quaterback.  It is the way that Claude Johnson moves around in the pocket that reminds more of Vick than the Kodi Burns and Vince Young comparisons that I have heard bestowed upon him.  If he continues to develop he will be scary good.