Petrino and recruits sighted at Catfish Hole tonight

Started by fayettevilleflyer, January 19, 2008, 12:16:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LAHOGG

Justifiable Hogicide

fayettevilleflyer

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on January 19, 2008, 12:29:30 am
Good work and cool site.

Thanks.  We're just getting it up and running.  Come back and visit.

arkjay19

You have to think that the recruits were very excited about the attention and excitement they got tonight and their program will get.

lunchbox72703

BEWARE THE CATFISH HOLE!!!  It's the hush puppies!!  That's how they hook you!

AckaBacka

its not your flash, my eyes do the same thing when i go in there

txkrazorback

their site said:
"Number of unsuspecting catfish eaters who were not happy about any of this: 6"

Maybe hootie & the blow-fish were there...

I cant Wait 'til Coach Petrino comes back to Texarkana for our Razorback Banquet...
February 19th. Be there or miss the fun! WPS!
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

hawgfandude

HogGod

I was more excited about the news of Krystal Burgers coming to Springdale!  Now, I can grab a Krystal on the way to the Naturals games!

NostraHogmus

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on January 19, 2008, 12:43:32 am
BEWARE THE CATFISH HOLE!!!  It's the hush puppies!!  That's how they hook you!

And the beans on campus!  REMEMBER the beans!  Serve 'em the BEANS!

edmo

3kgthog

Quote from: HogGod on January 19, 2008, 01:23:36 am
I was more excited about the news of Krystal Burgers coming to Springdale!  Now, I can grab a Krystal on the way to the Naturals games!

I hope this is after the Diamond Hogs' season is over. I'd hate for that "other" team to take away attendance from the #1 team in the state.

VenturaHog

fayettevilleflyer

Thanks Ventura hog. 

Unfortunately, I can't identify the recruits.  We'll leave that to the professionals.

Houston h

A recruiting guy with ESPN (sorry I can't remember his name, Tom something) was on Sports56 this week in Memphis.  He talked about Petrino's impact on recruiting in the SEC and at Arkansas and how he is off to a great start.   He praised getting Mallett, he said this was HUGE for Arkansas because skill position kids from around the region will notice this signing and immediately realize that Arkansas is about to open things up.  He also gave HUGE kudo's for luring Tyler Wilson away from Tulsa.  He said he has Wilson as the top QB in the Southeast region but for some reason, he didn't get a lot of press on other national boards.  He said De'Anthony Curtis is a stud running back that could see immediate playing time next year for Arkansas.

He said the key to Arkansas' 08 class will be if Petrino can lure Joe Adams away from USC, it would make us/Petrino instantly credible as far as SEC recruiting goes because USC is the big dog and Adams is the state's best player.  He said Adams would definetly start next season at corner and also could be used on punt and kickoff return.  He said that Adams in the real deal and if he lived in Florida, California or Texas, he would be a top 10 player nationally.

I don't know about anyone else but I think this class could be, as Houston Dale use to say "special"!

flagstaffhog

I would kill to eat at the Catfish Hole tonight. Hope they ordered from the "all you can eat" section
Go HOGS Go!

hillhog

Sounds like this "Tom" recruiting guy reporting on Petrino's recruiting is looking for a job with another network, we all know Espin will not allow this to go on. You have to blast this backwater, hick place and their renegade coach.
Go coach Petrino and your Hogs
WPS

HoundHog

Where is the Catfish Hole located in Fayetteville? We"re going to the Auburn game March 2nd and I"d like to try it out.

Bigfoot

Houston h

Quote from: HoundHog on January 19, 2008, 11:08:14 am
Where is the Catfish Hole located in Fayetteville? We"re going to the Auburn game March 2nd and I"d like to try it out.

Weddington road in Fayetteville, west of 540.  It's fantastic!

arktravlr

Man.. I'd kill for either the Catfish Hole or some Penguin Ed's right about now.  Food in SLC is just bad.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: HogGod on January 19, 2008, 01:23:36 am

That's what I'm talking about!!
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

January 19, 2008, 01:09:20 pm #23 Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 01:11:23 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: 3kgthog on January 19, 2008, 03:26:30 am
I hope this is after the Diamond Hogs' season is over. I'd hate for that "other" team to take away attendance from the #1 team in the state.

6 games on the same day...Naturals have night games when the Hogs have day games, and vice versa. So no one will have to miss either.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

jgphillips3

Hey, is the Catfish Hole up there at all connected to the Catfish Hole in NLR?  Just curious...

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 19, 2008, 03:26:30 am

No Krystals in Springdale? Well it's about time.

Adam Stokes

Has anyone mentioned which recruits were with him?  It didn't say in the article.

AnthroHog

According to TulsaHawg on Arkansas Sports Talk, Joe Adams, Jim Youngblood, De' Anthony Curtis, and Tenarius Wright were definitely there and he thought that he saw LaVunce Askew was there.

Here's the post:
http://arsportstalk.net/smf/index.php/topic,38936.msg224507.html#msg224507

BigMikehogg

As i recall this is also Boyd's weekend for visiting as well.

Oklahawg

If its the same Tulsahawg...I'm surprised he hasn't motored his RV down to Oxford.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Blutoblutarsky

great site,  keep the basketball bashing goin, because we are awful!!!!!!!

Hawgballz

Quote from: BigMikehogg on January 19, 2008, 06:55:06 pm
As i recall this is also Boyd's weekend for visiting as well.

Aaron Boyd is scheduled for next weekend.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hog_fan

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 19, 2008, 07:57:21 pm
If its the same Tulsahawg...I'm surprised he hasn't motored his RV down to Oxford.

It is. I'm suprised as well.

taoteching

Quote from: Houston h on January 19, 2008, 10:22:24 am
A recruiting guy with ESPN (sorry I can't remember his name, Tom something) was on Sports56 this week in Memphis.  He talked about Petrino's impact on recruiting in the SEC and at Arkansas and how he is off to a great start.   He praised getting Mallett, he said this was HUGE for Arkansas because skill position kids from around the region will notice this signing and immediately realize that Arkansas is about to open things up.  He also gave HUGE kudo's for luring Tyler Wilson away from Tulsa.  He said he has Wilson as the top QB in the Southeast region but for some reason, he didn't get a lot of press on other national boards.  He said De'Anthony Curtis is a stud running back that could see immediate playing time next year for Arkansas.

He said the key to Arkansas' 08 class will be if Petrino can lure Joe Adams away from USC, it would make us/Petrino instantly credible as far as SEC recruiting goes because USC is the big dog and Adams is the state's best player.  He said Adams would definetly start next season at corner and also could be used on punt and kickoff return.  He said that Adams in the real deal and if he lived in Florida, California or Texas, he would be a top 10 player nationally.

I don't know about anyone else but I think this class could be, as Houston Dale use to say "special"!

I have completely deleted "  s    " from my vocabulary.  It lost all meaning and brought other connotations.     

The Broadcaster

Quote from: ajs15razorman on January 19, 2008, 05:43:31 pm
Has anyone mentioned which recruits were with him?  It didn't say in the article.

I can confirm several recruits that were with him because I actually helped show these guys around a little bit among other things over the weekend. Here are the ones I know for sure but I could be leaving some out:
Aundre Dean, D'Anthony Curtis, Jim Youngblood, Lavunce Askew, all 4 Warren guys, Tenerius Wright (sp?), Joe Adams.
I ain't saying, I'm just sayin'

Razorvet

I would have taken them to hooters or that Brazilian BBQ.