Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So far: What GRADE would you Give CBP on Recruiting?

Started by txkrazorback, January 16, 2008, 01:19:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Dropkick

Gotta wait til they "sign on the line which is dotted".

cardinalhawg

It is just one of those things that will have to be answered after signing day.  Hopefully, it will be an A, but granted picking up Wilson, Johnson, and Mallett has been good.

BrooklynRoss

So far so good. I'd say considering the circumstances and if Mallett officially transfers I'd give him an "A."
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

txkrazorback

but my question was "SO FAR". I'll probably (or someone else) will ask the question again after signing day...
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Dropkick

You know what it takes to recruit? It takes brass balls!

Dropkick

Quote from: txkrazorback on January 16, 2008, 01:24:07 pm
but my question was "SO FAR". I'll probably (or someone else) will ask the question again after signing day...
My bad. So far I like what I am seeing and hearing. Not just who we are on, but more importantly the "no nonsense" attitude we are bringing to the fight.

tophawg19

a+ they brought their a game . we are getting recruits to re-open that would never have talked to us before
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

want2be

1) First week on the job he visited all the in state signees & Wright in Tenn
    This contributed to allot in keeping these guys

2) His new staff has found a JUCO Dback and MLB who could contribute 08
    They found these guys in PA

3) Going after RB-Dean and DB-Thomas in Texas is A+

4) Going  after OL-Zebric Sanders is big

5) Grabbing TB-Johnson in favor of Thomas is good for the fence bldg

6) Working on Joe Adams seems to be paying off

7) I hope they can tie up Gillespie at DT

8) Opening the door for Mallett was a no brainer but still huge

SO FAR AN A+  and it will be interesting to see what else they can pull off

SquidBilly

I agree want2be that he gets an A+ and I am excited for next year's class with all of the recruiting areas he is getting us into.  Next year the foundation will be in place to get us into the home's of almost any recruit we want.  Not saying we'll sign them all but at least we'll have a chance to talk to them.

txkrazorback

but I bet if hootie were still here RM would be an aggie and we would not have this basket of players...
go CBP! WPS!

jgphillips3

Being honest, A- so far with the possibility of going to A+ on signing day.  He has made some good moves, but we have lost a few too.  Also, we don't have the corners committed yet that we need and D-Line (who knows).  If he can land Dean, keep Askew and get some decent D-backs in here, I will bump it to A+.

PorkSoda

I think they are bringing their "A" Game.  Going after top recruits,and keeping top instate talent.  So far he looks like he is trying to address our needs with the type of athletes he is going after.  So I'll give him an E for Effort, but nothing is set in stone till NSD.  This years NSD may be more anticipated that the year MM and company signed.  Actually next year is the one I am anticipating.  What can he do with a full year to recruit?  He will have actually coached a full season by then too, so he will have something current to show recruits, rather that what he did at UL.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SquidBilly

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 16, 2008, 01:58:13 pm
Being honest, A- so far with the possibility of going to A+ on signing day.  He has made some good moves, but we have lost a few too.  Also, we don't have corners committed yet that we need and D-Line (who knows).  If he can land Dean, keep Askew and get some decent D-backs in here, I will bump it to A+.

With a coaching change and the amount of time it took to get another one it isn't surprising that we lost a couple of recruits.  Good news is so far they aren't any we can't do without.  We may have a corner committed but his position just may be listed as WR or RB right now.  I agree we need big time interior D-line help.

clifflee4mvp

as long as we don't lose Curtis, I will be happy with this class.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

antiono hogderas

B+, maybe higher depending on who we get in the next two weeks.

The real Hogules

Considering that Bobby Petrino haven't even been on the job officially 2-3 weeks and he has already landed Ryan Mallett and all indications are that he has turned Joe Adams, I'd have to give him an A+!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Seebs

February 7th I believe he will earn his A - the next few weeks will be fun to watch
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jackflash

The fact I don't think he will back down from any school gives him a A+ in my book. Seems to me the other staff would back down from Texas, OU and certain SEC schools

cityhog

Quote from: cardinalhawg on January 16, 2008, 01:23:05 pm
It is just one of those things that will have to be answered after signing day.  Hopefully, it will be an A, but granted picking up Wilson, Johnson, and Mallett has been good.

I think RR is as responsible for Mallett transferring as BP is.  Just sayin'.

TLFHAWG

B, he got a late start.  Not his fault.  Next year will be an A.

hoggytonk

ksrazorback

Hope that "I" is for Incredible and not Idiot.... ;D

Quote from: opineonswine on January 16, 2008, 01:53:59 pm
an "I".

I think "Incredible" so for.... CBP has the hopes of Razorback Nation in his hands and looking very good!!

:razorback:  Go Razorbacks    :razorback:   :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Throwback1

If we keep our instate recruits pre-Petrino, Tim Horton deserves an A+, too.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

Nutts and Bolts

Quote from: want2be on January 16, 2008, 01:38:59 pm
1) First week on the job he visited all the in state signees & Wright in Tenn
    This contributed to allot in keeping these guys

2) His new staff has found a JUCO Dback and MLB who could contribute 08
    They found these guys in PA

3) Going after RB-Dean and DB-Thomas in Texas is A+

4) Going  after OL-Zebric Sanders is big

5) Grabbing TB-Johnson in favor of Thomas is good for the fence bldg

6) Working on Joe Adams seems to be paying off

7) I hope they can tie up Gillespie at DT

8) Opening the door for Mallett was a no brainer but still huge

SO FAR AN A+  and it will be interesting to see what else they can pull off

What he said
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

josh_sec33

We need Adams IMO to get an A.

however it's no longer the C+ that TCTWF would have gotten from me...it's a solid B right now for me.

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

dougieritch

From what we are use to and the fact he has only been there one month an A!!!

Thanks Bobby P!

PorkSoda

Quote from: cityhog on January 17, 2008, 12:59:14 pm
Yeah, but BP closed the deal.  Mallett could have gone just about anywhere he wanted.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgballz

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 17, 2008, 02:13:31 pm
Yeah, but BP closed the deal.  Mallett could have gone just about anywhere he wanted.

Ryan was headed to be a hog no matter who the coach was and I can't wait to see him in red.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

txkrazorback

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 17, 2008, 02:24:36 pm
Ryan was headed to be a hog no matter who the coach was and I can't wait to see him in red.
IMO: Don't think so. He'd be going to a&m if tctwf was still here...

DSmithNPS

A....with the + reserved until after signing day.  WPS!

Theolesnort

There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Razorback Pastor

Hogs-n-Roses

He hit the ground recruiting that first day he was here. Can't ask for much more.

COCHISE

snoblind

If he can pull off a quality CB plus turn Joe Adams I would to say A if they all sign.  Not too bad considering he's had a couple of weeks and is the most evil man in the world according to ESPN...

want2be

Quote from: Theolesnort on January 17, 2008, 04:33:24 pm
Incomplete?

With what time he has had, what else could he be doing ????

He and the assistants coaches are earning every penny.

Incomplete would assume a lack of effort in my book.

Unless you don't understand hard work

Hogs4Ever

This class is far better already that what we would have had under the former regime.  I doubt we would have got Mallett as well.  All this with just a few weeks on the job.  I'm really looking forward to the next couple of classes.

ntubjr

HamShank

Razorback Pastor

cardinalhawg

Quote from: cityhog on January 17, 2008, 12:59:14 pm

When I first saw that RR, all I could think of is Randy Rainwater.  I thought how could he have been responsible for Mallett becoming a hog.  Then the light finally come on.

mdrzrbck

Skipped a lot of the conversation up top But as long as D. Curtis comes and we land J. Adams with the incredible incoming Qb and Wr position players we have to be an A+!! But beware Nobody in this Country will ever give Ark. credit for a great recruiting class.  If Espn tells recruits to stay away from Ark, and recruits still committ to the razorbacks, ESPN will still find a way to say USC/Notre Dame/OSU/Mich will always have the best classes!! We are in the midst of a new era, lets enjoy it!!!!!!

Theolesnort

Quote from: want2be on January 17, 2008, 09:33:13 pm

With what time he has had, what else could he be doing ????

He and the assistants coaches are earning every penny.

Incomplete would assume a lack of effort in my book.

Unless you don't understand hard work
No, I am one of the first years ago that pointed out that Nutt was lazy when it came to recruiting and it is true that Petrino is the exact opposite. The grade is incomplete because he is in the middle of his semester test and will not turn in his paper to be graded until Feb 6th so to speak. I think he will pass with flying colors. Until then it is all speculation that is looking good.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

I don't think Mallett would have chosen the Hogs with Nutt as HC.  There would be no upside for him to do that.  After all, he was leaving Michigan because of the offensive scheme.  Why would he throw in with a school that mostly run the ball and was aware of less than 8 passing routes, total.  We are currently in trouble on defense unless we can bring the wood here at the end.  Also need another OL guy.  Overall, this coaching staff is earning an A and if we sign some defense, move that to A+.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Throwback1

Quote from: Razorback Pastor on January 17, 2008, 11:40:51 pm
Didn't we already have Curtis?
didn't "have" anybody...verbals might mean somthing, might not.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD