Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 39 THREAD: #11 Arkansas (30-8, 11-4 SEC) vs Memphis (21-16, 3-6 AAC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 18, 2017, 11:19:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

#11 ARKANSAS vs MEMPHIS
(Neutral)at North Little Rock (Dickey-Stephens Park) WEDNESDAY at 6:32pm

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 39 THREAD
   #11 ARKANSAS (30-8, 11-4 SEC) vs MEMPHIS (21-16, 3-6 AAC)

This is game 2 of a 2 game series with Memphis. Arkansas leads the series 1-0.
  BOX SCORE GAME #1 :  http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Memphis-Arkansas-Game-1-Box-4.18.17.pdf

Wednesday's First Pitch is set for 6:32 pm and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED and WILL NOT BE STREAMED ONLINE. 

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

Maddhog will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, JHicks3636, Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan,  and Cornfed Pig, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0               6:32 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
MEM      |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
ARK       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bosshog84

Beat the Tigers! Let's keep the momentum going into the weekend!  :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: bosshog84 on April 19, 2017, 08:14:13 am
Beat the Tigers! Let's keep the momentum going into the weekend!  :razorback:
Good thing we play AT Auburn this weekend. We have storms all weekend and Auburn's weather looks good.

dotnet

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

HognitiveDissonance

In the past, these non-conf games could be dicey due to Arkansas throwing alternate pitchers, but the way this team hits the ball, they're much easier. This club can routinely put up 10+ runs in a game, so even if your 'B' pitchers give up 4-5 runs, you're still a victor.

I think this is one of the most balanced teams I can recall. I really think they have the potential to go a long way.
The pitching is pretty good and the hitting club is one of the best ever under Van Horn. Probably even better than the 2009 Zack Cox/Brett Eibner team.
Having that Friday ace makes a huge difference. Knight has been money, and it's great to get Game 1 of a weekend series. The one thing you can't do in the SEC is get swept, and we've been getting the first game each time, thus avoiding that noose.

ricepig

Kevin

dotnet

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2017, 10:15:36 am
Did he say after the game who was starting tonight?

I would suspect Murphy - it might even start with Alberius for an inning or two and then go to Johnny Wholestaff...Give Josh a little mid-week for a Sunday tune-up.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 19, 2017, 02:34:18 pm
I would suspect Murphy - it might even start with Alberius for an inning or two and then go to Johnny Wholestaff
Going to have to outslug them then. Luckily for us, we have the offense to do that
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jry04

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 19, 2017, 02:34:18 pm
I would suspect Murphy - it might even start with Alberius for an inning or two and then go to Johnny Wholestaff...Give Josh a little mid-week for a Sunday tune-up.
I would start Murphy and hope he gives us 3, and then bring in Rogers for an inning or two. After that, finish the game with Alberius, Kopps, Taco, and Chadwick each throwing an inning.

panhandlepig

Quote from: Kevin on April 19, 2017, 09:56:01 am
lots of travelling over the next week & half

I don't know how these kids do it. My hat's off to them, with all the games, practice, travel and school, it has to be grueling. Go Hogs! :razorback: :razorback:  :razorback:

Pig Power

Quote from: panhandlepig on April 19, 2017, 04:03:38 pm
  I don't know how these kids do it. My hat's off to them, with all the games, practice, travel and school, it has to be grueling. Go Hogs! :razorback: :razorback:  :razorback:
Youth man!

ricepig

Birminghog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 19, 2017, 09:04:12 am
Good thing we play AT Auburn this weekend. We have storms all weekend and Auburn's weather looks good.

Not sure when the rain is coming in, but 80% chance of showers Sunday. Coming into Birmingham Sat night, so maybe will be through Auburn before the game. Hope the field drains well.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAL0035:1:US

Razrpig256

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2017, 04:58:25 pm
I think the may have missed that up a bit, haha.

5 incorrect positions and a misspelling. Someone is struggling today.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ricepig

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 19, 2017, 05:51:19 pm
That looks alot better rice

Yeah, the Razorback baseball account put out one that looked like they had been drinking beer at Damgoode Pies.....

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

razCzar

ricepig

swineology

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                   0

MEM      |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

Go RAZORBACKS! :razorback:

THUNDER!

Maddhog

Looks like I will be using Hicks' nicknames for some Memphis dudes. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

CJ HOG

Maddhog

Murphy will go to work against Webb

T1

0-1, 0-2, foul, Ks swinging.   One down

Maddhog

stan the man

Why not give Weston Rogers a shot. He has pitched very little with mostly success

Maddhog

Carrier - 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, Ks looking to end the scoreless visitor's half. 

CJ HOG

Thanks for the pbp tonight Maddhog...This being the first game I'll be unable to watch this season, you're greatly appreciated.

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                   0

MEM  0  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Maddhog

B1

Arledge leads off for the Hogs and its 0-1, 0-2, foul, 1-2, Ks looking.  One Down.

Maddhog

C-Span. 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, Full, foul, foul, foul, foul, Singles. One on, one out.

Maddhog

Maddhog

Maddhog