Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 25 THREAD: #24 Arkansas (19-5, 4-1 SEC) vs #18 Missouri (21-2, 4-1 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 26, 2017, 06:57:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 25 THREAD
         #24 ARKANSAS (19-5, 4-1 SEC) AT #18 MISSOURI (21-2, 4-1 SEC)

This is game 3 of a 3 game SEC series with Missouri

SUNDAY'S First Pitch is set for 1:00 pm and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED. . This game will be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app.  (check your listing up until game time)

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, JHGiunta, , Maddhog, Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, ucahogfan and Cornfed Pig will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to Extra Innings and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversation. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hollywood_HOGan45

JHicks3636

Both starting line-ups are available but I am too technologically inept to post them

Birminghog

My wife and I are planning to go to the game in Tuscaloosa next Saturday night. Will any of you be there? Anyone want to go to dinner before the game?

Will we be on the 1st base side or the 3rd base side? Been going to games for over 50 years and I seem to always get it confused.

JHicks3636

Quote from: Birminghog on March 26, 2017, 12:24:33 pm
My wife and I are planning to go to the game in Tuscaloosa next Saturday night. Will any of you be there? Anyone want to go to dinner before the game?

Will we be on the 1st base side or the 3rd base side? Been going to games for over 50 years and I seem to always get it confused.

I'm thinking about going to one or more games. At this point I have not decided for sure. I'll let you know as soon as I decide. Maybe I can do a pbp directly from the stadium. We should be 3rd base side.

ricepig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 26, 2017, 12:31:05 pm
I'm thinking about going to one or more games. At this point I have not decided for sure. I'll let you know as soon as I decide. Maybe I can do a pbp directly from the stadium. We should be 3rd base side.

You don't think Bama will have their own guys for TV????

Birminghog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 26, 2017, 12:31:05 pm

Cool. Thanks. I'll try to do a "roll call" thread later in the week.

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                      0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R  | H   | E  |LOB
ARK       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 
MIZ       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 

THUNDER!

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

JHicks3636

Arkansas will lead off the game with

1. Arledge       .365
2. Spanberger .225
3.Bonfield       .337

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

SPAL

ucahogfan

One change to note as the game kicks off - Arledge will be the DH today and Cole will be in RF.

JHicks3636

CJ HOG

First Rubber Match of the season.... I really want this one.  Let's Go Hogs!

JHicks3636

Arledge kicks things off for the game and flies out to left on a 1-1 pitch

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 26, 2017, 01:04:32 pm
Arledge kicks things off for the game and flies out to left on a 1-1 pitch
Got a hold of it.  Just didn't have enough to get out.

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Koch gets behind 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, fouls out to 1B

0-0 after 1/2 inning

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                      0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R  | H   | E  |LOB
ARK     0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1 
MIZ       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 1  | 0 

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Missouri counters in the 1st with

1. Brumfield   .356
2. Harris        .319
3. Misner       .312

JHicks3636

Brumfield leads off for Missouri and starts 1-1, lines out to 2B

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Can anyone do a half inning after this one. I need to reboot my computer

JHicks3636

Misner starts 1-1, stats say he singled to center but that runner advanced to 2nd on an error by center. Makes no sense. I can't get my video feed from espn and is why I need to reboot

SPAL

SPAL

JHicks3636

Glendinning walks on 4 pitches and bases are loaded with 1 out. Very early trouble for us

tennesseehogwild

JHicks3636

Knot2brite

Glenndenning walks on four pitches and loads the bases...Hogs pen is working..visit to the mound
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

SPAL

Johnson out to chat with Alberius

Bases loaded with tigers and 1 out.

CJ HOG

JHicks3636

Sharp falls behind 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, full count, SAC FLY to center, RBI, 2 gone

1-0 Missouri

JHicks3636

SPAL

Sharp steps in from liberty city, MO And takes strike 1 on the outside corner....

0-1 is swung on and missed at the change up....Quickly ahead 0-2.

0-2 is popped straight up and out if play....Koch gave it a look but had no play.

Another 0-2 coming.....Big pitch here, it's bounced up and blocked by Koch. Saved a run....

1-2 misses in and sharp evens the count....

2-2 pitch coming.....Just got a piece to foul it off.

Another 2-2 coming.....Time called.

The lefty , sharp looks at ball 3.....

The full count payoff pitch coming....It's a hard hit ball, deeeep to center, Fletcher tracks it down at the track....For out #2....

A sacrifice fly and Mizzou takes the 1-0 lead

Knot2brite

Sharp to bat...4 hits in 8 at bats this weekend...he hits a 3-2 pitch to deep center field for a sac fly and the run scores...two outs but the scuzbuckets score and lead 1-0

SPAL

Knot2brite

SPAL if you got this I will let you have it..I am on my phone and it is hard for my fat fingers to type quickly

JHicks3636

SPAL

JHicks3636

Bond gets down 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, flies out to left

1-0 Missouri after 1 full

JHicks3636

In the Razorback 2nd

5. Fletcher  .250
6. Shaddy   .342
7. Cole       .172

JHicks3636

CJ HOG

Our inability to defend that double steal play is starting to irk me quite a bit. Koch almost threw that into right-centerfield.