Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 24 THREAD:#24 Arkansas(19-4, 4-0 SEC) vs #18 Missouri(20-2, 3-1 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 24, 2017, 11:01:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 24 THREAD
         #24 ARKANSAS (19-4, 4-0 SEC) AT #18 MISSOURI (20-2, 3-1 SEC)

This is game 2 of a 3 game SEC series with Missouri

SATURDAY'S First Pitch is set for 2:01 pm and WILL BE TELEVISED ON THE SEC NETWORK . This game may (not likely) also be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app.  (check your listing up until game time)

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, JHGiunta, , Maddhog, Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, ucahogfan and Cornfed Pig will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to Extra Innings and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversation. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

TIME TO CALL THOSE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

SATURDAY'S STARTING PITCHER- ARKANSAS:
RHP Trevor Stephan, ERA 1.19,  W-L 4-0,  IP 30.1, SO-40,

Trevor comes into the game with 40 Strike Outs so far this season, 6 more than Blaine Knight started with on Friday. Trevor has given up  8 BB on the year.

JHicks3636

The teams need to get up, out to the stadium, and start playing while the rain holds off. Looks like rain chances significantly rise about 11 a.m.

JHicks3636

Arkansas and Auburn, the only remaining undefeated teams in SEC play, both go after their 20th win of the season today. They would join Missouri who is the only SEC team to win 20 thus far. On the flipside, Tennessee, Georgia and Texas A&M have yet to win a Conference game this year.

JHicks3636

RazrRila99

Jhicks/ARKANSAS and all the other PBPrs out there - I want to thank you in advance.  Im not able to follow the game as timely as I want but yall keep me updated without wading through riff raff. 

A big WOOOO PIG to yall!!!

ucahogfan

Quote from: ricepig on March 25, 2017, 01:22:54 pm
https://twitter.com/RazorbackBSB/status/845701813890437122
Interesting breakdown for this lineup today with a LHP starting.  5 of our 9 starters are LHHs although the 4 RHHs can all rake and are currently hitting .315 or better.

I would have like to see McFarland in at DH over either Burch or Kenley, but strangely enough, he has struggled against LHP while doing well against RHP.

SPAL

JHicks3636

Texas A&M finding conference play tough as they have not won an SEC game yet and already trail Vandy 11-0 in the 3rd today.

trippigs

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 25, 2017, 01:39:18 pm
Starting at 215 I'm told

Well I will get my Sonic drink right at the start of happy hour and hustle home. Tornado sirens went off in Hot Springs last night but no damage. Go Hogs

JHicks3636

Quote from: RazrRila99 on March 25, 2017, 01:26:19 pm
Jhicks/ARKANSAS and all the other PBPrs out there - I want to thank you in advance.  Im not able to follow the game as timely as I want but yall keep me updated without wading through riff raff. 

Thanks! I enjoy doing it and I am sure everyone else likes to help as well. I have those times like yesterday when this is my only link to the game. Each pbp person has his or her own style and that is part of the fun. There is no wrong or right method. It's all for fun and information.

HogFansReunited

With the weather looking bad, I would consider saving Stephan for game 3.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

0               2:15 p.m.                      0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R  | H   | E  |LOB
ARK       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 
MIZ       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

bulldog04

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 25, 2017, 01:29:55 pm
Interesting breakdown for this lineup today with a LHP starting.  5 of our 9 starters are LHHs although the 4 RHHs can all rake and are currently hitting .315 or better.

I would have like to see McFarland in at DH over either Burch or Kenley, but strangely enough, he has struggled against LHP while doing well against RHP.
DVH said on the radio show that the pitcher is actually better against righties than lefties and has really struggled against lefties.  That tells me without seeing the guy pitch is that he has a good changeup and lacks a quality breaking pitch.  We shall see

pigture perfect

Quote from: RazrRila99 on March 25, 2017, 01:26:19 pm

This is me as well. I've been in a transition with my job last year and this. Next year will be my year to be able to get more involved. You guys are awesome. If I would have to rid myself of all but one thread, these baseball threads would be my keeper. Really, really appreciate all the work.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JHicks3636

Ole Miss-Kentucky has ended on SEC Network. Arkansas-Missouri up next.

SPAL

Quote from: bulldog04 on March 25, 2017, 01:57:17 pm
DVH said on the radio show that the pitcher is actually better against righties than lefties and has really struggled against lefties.  That tells me without seeing the guy pitch is that he has a good changeup and lacks a quality breaking pitch.  We shall see

Yeah...Pretty much. From what I've watched of him, he is a location guy. Nothing over powering and he isn't gonna hit 90 on the gun. He does have decent swing and miss stuff. If he is hitting his spots, he can go 6 innings. If not, it'll because long day for them. He doesn't have the arsenal to battle back if he is missing.

JHGiunta

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                      0

ARK       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Leading off the game for Arkansas

1. Arledge      .380
2. Spanberger .209
3. Bonfield      .315

JHGiunta

Michael Plassmeyer on the mound for the Kitties....

4-0  31.2 IP  2.89 ERA  37 K  10 BB

Fastball 85-87 MPH

JHGiunta

JHicks3636

Arledge starts off the parade today, a ball starts the game, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, Ks swinging

JHicks3636

Spanberger starts with a strike, 0-2, singles into a very wet right field, man at 1st, 1 out

JHicks3636

First pitch is sent to right by Bonfield, runners at the corners with 1 out

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 25, 2017, 02:19:29 pm
Spanberger starts with a strike, 0-2, singles into a very wet right field, man at 1st, 1 out
Ball just died when it hit where they dumped all of the water from the tarp.  He squared it up pretty well too.

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Koch takes a ball, goes 1-1, 2-1, smashes foul for 2-2, Ks swinging on what looked like a ball, 2 gone

JHicks3636

Fletcher takes a strike, 0-2, 1-2, foul, grounds up the middle and 2B makes a good play to get the runner at 2nd to end the inning

0-0 after 1/2

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                      0

ARK     0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  2  | 0  | 2 

Go RAZORBACKS! :razorbacks:

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Coming up for Missouri in its first at bat

1. Brumfield     .368
2. Harris         .328
3. Missner       .303

ricepig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 25, 2017, 02:20:53 pm
They say the tarp water was poured off into right field
Well, you either do the burrito fold, or right/left field where you have the extra drainage for it.

JHicks3636

Brumfield takes a strike, 0-2 on a foul, 1-2, 2-2, foul, full count, foul, walks to put the lead-off runner on

JHGiunta

Can't lose that leadoff hitter like that after being up 0-2.....tried to get him to chase instead of going after him.

JHicks3636

Harris takes ball 1, 2-0, 2-1 on a missed heater, grounds into right for a single, at the corners with 0 out and we have early trouble

SPAL

JHicks3636

Missner takes a strike, 1-1, making throws to 1B to keep the runner close, 2-1, 2-2, strikes out, but double steal nets a run, runner advances to 2nd with 1 out

1-0 Missouri

ucahogfan

Throw down to 2B would have been called batter's interference if Brett Eibner was at the plate and Perry Costello was behind it.

SPAL

This has the feel to the Oklahoma State game to me. Just not good in any area of the game.