Quote from: Hogtropolisā„¢ on February 20, 2008, 07:54:17 pm
I haven't read the whole 5 pages, but if it came down to a win against

Texas or Bama

Texas or Florida

Texas or Tennessee

Texas or LSU

Texas or Georgia

Texas or Auburn

I would prefer to take a loss to Texas and win the SEC game anyday.

yankees............... ;D

Destroy TEXAS!
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RedRiverHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2008, 07:14:53 pm
Because I want to play other big time ooc games.  I would not mind a home and home with Texas once a decade, but more than that, imo, is too much. 

Now, if we get to the point where we are playing 2 big time ooc games ayear, thats different, but, look at 2209, 2 huge ooc games, Texas and A&M.  How about Ohio St or FSU or any of the other "top tier" perenial powers. 

You said you read through the thread.  Look at how many people either implied or flat out said they would rather beat Texas than win SEC games.  That is just absurd.

Imo twice in a decade is not enough. I would say 4 or 6 times, even 4 one decade and 6 the next. Gotta be 2x to keep the home/home even. Twice a decade would leave a generation gap of youth that are gonna miss that ua/tu thing you say you understand about.

If there's 2 big time ooc games then I'm for playing Texas every year and whoever other "perenial "power as you say.

It could mean more (ranking wise) for us to beat a top 5 Texas then it would hurt us losing to the last place sec team.
Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

Ā 

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

TXrazorback

Wow, this thread is pretty crazy.  I do not hate Texas, but I would love to beat them.  I live in Austin and a good majority of my friends are Longhorn fans and they are all good people.  They actually have good things to say about Arkansas.  I have drawn the conclusion that there are Texas fans who are idiots who say bad things about Arkansas because they don't know any better and in turn there are obviously Arkansas fans who do the same thing (read entire thread and you will see many examples).

Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

hogsanity

Quote from: txkrazorback on February 20, 2008, 07:46:38 pm
If it's not of national interest, then why does the big networks grab at a chance to nationally broadcast the ARK/Tx even today?

By national interest I meant national title implications.  I guess, right now, it would have that for Texas, but it is no where near what it was in the 60's and 70's.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

txkrazorback

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2008, 09:42:44 am
By national interest I meant national title implications.  I guess, right now, it would have that for Texas, but it is no where near what it was in the 60's and 70's.
But if we played each other on a regular basis, would that interest (nationally) or regionally, increase?
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

hogs25

Even by death, they can't get enough.  Notice the preachers doing the hook'em horns.   ::)  I guess it beat's hearing the lame ole amazing grace song.  There's nothing like beating Texas. 

[youtube=425,350]2aPqV0aPKMI[/youtube]