Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky message board's Whatsshakinbacon counterpart says:

Started by doo-ran, September 19, 2007, 12:05:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSatinHog

Not a single person on here wants our team to lose.  We believe the Hogs will lose because they're playing a team which will go out of its way to exploit one of our biggest weaknesses (pass defense).
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

oldtimerhog

Kentucky by 17.  Nutt completely unravels.  The end is near for Nutt.  Our program is saved in the long run. 
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

HoosierDaddy

I think both defenses will be basically non-existant.  Gonna be a shootout, UK throwing and UA running.  The scoring will be early and often.
"Objective Thinking Lives Here"

usnavyhogfan

we will probably end up being outcoached as usual. lets see if nutt can break his losing streak. WPS!
The dream is free, the journey is not.

regi

Quote from: Dugann on September 19, 2007, 09:33:50 pm
like the faith regi but not going happen...be fearful of this game very fearful! :razorback:

It is not faith, it is reality. Herring and Rocker are such old school tough guys that the defense has come out pathetic for the 3rd year in a row. Hopefully the mind games are over and the best players will be on the field gameplanning from here on out.

UK would be a 14-16 point dog on a neutral field with Bama. Woodson is maybe the best QB in the SEC, Little and Tamme are nice. On D, Woodward and Micah Johnson are quality players, the rest are 2nd tier. UK is NOT as talented as BAMA, and on their homefield, Arkansas (poorly coached as they are) was 1 first down from walking out 38-34 winners.  UK has benefited from an extremely easy schedule, MTSU exposed Louisville for the frauds they are and UK needed a busted assignment from a FR DB to beat those frauds.

UK's kicking game is poor all around. The one running team they played, MAC superpower Kent, ran it down their throats for 6 yards a pop and 324 yrds total. Bama is better on Defense than UK (Hogs really struggled to move the ball), Bama has the best o-line in the league, Bama has 3 quality recievers and a RB as good as Little. As for coaching; Brooks kicked an extra point when up 5 after the late go a head TD, inexcusable! IF the UL hail mary is 10 yards longer, they kick an EXTRA POINT to win, so no coaching disadvantage this week like last week.

49-28 Hogs. UK reminds me of Arkansas in 02. Hogs came out on fire and man handled Boise St. and South Florida, 2 blowouts and physical beatings. Week 3 the hogs were a slight favorite over Bama in RRS. Bama started a RSFR (Croyle), but they physically pushed UA around all night and put a whippin on the Hogs, a reality check. Overratted UK gets theirs this Saturday.

hogman39

these uK people are pretty cocky till saturday when they play against a good team, look who they have played kent state please. go hogs :razorback:

Kilgor

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 19, 2007, 10:35:11 pm
Quote from: sowmonella on September 19, 2007, 10:28:52 pm
How many Kentucky posters are wanting their team to lose??

We only have a handful of fans going that far.  It gets overblown because they are prolific posters.

Bacon out...

If I recall correctly the poll before the Troy game put the number at about 20%.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Kilgor

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 20, 2007, 01:01:23 am
Quote from: Kilgor on September 20, 2007, 01:00:03 am

We only have a handful of fans going that far.  It gets overblown because they are prolific posters.

Bacon out...

If I recall correctly the poll before the Troy game put the number at about 20%.

Besides notshavin and pulled, who are they?  As much as I like hogville, I put very little stock in the anonymous polls.

Bacon out...

Me for one more.

Here's a six page thread on this subject with quite a few that are also so disgusted with Nutt that they would fore go an entire season to be rid of him.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=148866.0

It's the whole cancer/chemo thing.

chiefsfan

Quote from: ceegar on September 19, 2007, 12:29:43 pm
They are for sure a hot team with lofty expectations from their fans.  Only 1 of the posters predicted a loss.  I know they have a very good QB and passing game, but they have not played anyone including LVille.  Not that the Hogs have played powerhouses.  Kentucky is hanging their hat on the win against Lville.  But Lville has stopped no one they have just outscored them. That game is their rival and just like many rival games you can throw records and stats out the window.  I believe the Hogs will be ready defensively.  I dont think we stop them every time but we should be able to score enough to win.  Hogs by 8.

I can blame fans for picking their own school to win.  Heck im this close to picking ASU to win this week against Tennessee

It will be high scoring however, and his write up on the hog offense was as close to accurate as you can get...  I think he underestimates the mind power that is Superman Alex Tejada on special teams however
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

riccoar

Exactly.  People were pissed because we had the talent to beat Alabama and lost because our coach just plain sucks.  Even as high powered a throwing offense as Kentucky has, we are still favored and even more talented.  But then again, Nutt lost to Vandy at home after much groaning about them never being on the schedule, as if they were a sure win for him.  Like I said, we should win, but you never know what Nutt will do on third down with the game in hand.

chiefsfan

Quote from: razorimage80 on September 19, 2007, 09:46:32 pm
How anyone picks against the Hogs this weekend is beyond me. 

that part's easy.  Andre Woodson is a Potential Lottery pick at QB this year in the NFL draft, and a guy named John Parker Wilson torched the hog secondary last week.   Good QB+ Hog Defense= Lots O Points

and that doesnt even factor in that Kentucky has done really well against us in football of late, and they have a very good balanced attack, +the fact that the razorback coach is a moron...and you have a good chance for a UK win.

McFadden may be Super Human, but this hog team is not overall
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

riccoar

Kentucky has a much better QB than Troy.  That cat will go first round guaranteed.  Kentucky will put up alot of points, make no mistake.  Our key is to have enough passing to allow the RB's to run wild.  Like over 300 yards rushing.

Kilgor

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 20, 2007, 02:03:08 am
Quote from: Kilgor on September 20, 2007, 01:57:28 am

Bacon out...

Besides notshavin and pulled, who are they?  As much as I like hogville, I put very little stock in the anonymous polls.

Bacon out...

Me for one more.

Here's a six page thread on this subject with quite a few that are also so disgusted with Nutt that they would fore go an entire season to be rid of him.

Yes, I've read the thread.  There are, as I said, only a handful that are openly rooting to lose.  Some say if they KNEW it would mean the end of Nutt they would be happy to lose.  There are others who support you even though they disagree, and there are many posts totally oppositional to your position. 

It's six pages of worthless unintelligible drivel unlike anything I've seen since the last Bush speech transcript.

And it doesn't mean a large percentage on this site are wearing black shirts to the games and openly cheering for Arkansas to lose.  Did you check this board out last Saturday night?  It was incensed, angry, mobbish if you will.  But other than two or three posters it was not celebratory in any way.

Bacon out...

I was laughing at Nutt when he had us down 21-0 in the first quarter.  Then I started cheering the team as they came back.  Then I got pissed at Nutt as the last offensive drives for both teams unfolded.

That's what is maddening about Nutt.  He gets us close, but we never get over the hump.

I want us to lose enough to fire Nutt, but I can't celebrate losses.

I'm conflicted, I know.

Kilgor

Quote from: riccoar on September 20, 2007, 02:25:44 am
Our key is to have enough passing to allow the RB's to run wild.  Like over 300 yards rushing.

301 yards rushing against Alabama and we lost.  Add to that that Kentucky throws the ball better and it doesn't look good.

riccoar

Yeah, but we lost because of a boneheaded 3rd down call.  Our rushing attack will grind it out and eats up more minutes than passing.  But we must pass to keep them from stacking the box, like Bama.

Kilgor

Quote from: riccoar on September 20, 2007, 02:39:23 am
Yeah, but we lost because of a boneheaded 3rd down call.  Our rushing attack will grind it out and eats up more minutes than passing.  But we must pass to keep them from stacking the box, like Bama.

A team with a passing game can score quickly.  If we get behind with little time left, we are screwed.

If we had a decent coach, I would agree that we should win.  However, we have Nutt so who knows?

riccoar

Look, it wouldn't surprise me if Kentucky beats us.  They've won here before.  We had more talent than Bama and WAY more than UK.  We lose this game ONLY if Nutt goes stupid again.  And yes, I realize the possibilities in that last statement.

riccoar

I just don't see us hanging our chances on Reggie's defense.  We are going to give up 300 yards passing.  Their QB is that good, and our secondary is that bad.  We just have to pound every possesion out and score every possesion.

PCHogs

My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

biggiepiggie

Quote from: stchane on September 19, 2007, 05:58:03 pm
Quote from: DriveByHogger on September 19, 2007, 03:12:19 pm
Quote from: stchane on September 19, 2007, 01:33:33 pm
Quote from: arkhog9 on September 19, 2007, 01:00:43 pm
He gives our offense AND special teams the advantage but still picks the Cats?  sounds like a homer.

He's right.  Our offense agaisnt their defense and our special teams do have the advantage.  But if you think that they aren't gonna be able to score (maybe at will), you've gotta nother thing comin'.  This game is gonna come down to what it always comes down to with us.  How well can we run the ball?  We have got to be able to control the clock to keep Woodson on the sidelines, limiting their possessions.  However, Nutt's infamous ability to lose consecutive conference games is prolly gonna doom us. 

One interesting side note however.  The only time that Nutt didn't lose consecutive conference games came in 2002.  (After 'Bama beat us in Brodie Croyle's 1st start 30-12) We lost to Tennessee in the 6 OT game, beat Auburn at home in Matt Jones coming out party; proceeded to lose against who else but Kentucky, and then beat Ole Miss.

This is the only time that Nutt hasn't lost consecutive conference games.  Will happen Saturday, don't hold your breath.  Our defense has been exposed in all 3 games.  To their credit however, they started out the game playing like @ss, and then got it together later in the game.  Hopefully Herring won't be so damn stubborn and let the corners give a cushion.  One thing is for sure:  We'll see

Bama then Tenn, that is 2 consecutive losses.

Right, but I'm not talking about once a season, I'm talking about throughout his whole tenure here.  This is the only time that he hasn't lost consecutive conference games.  He's done it plenty of times in one season, this is the only time it hasn't happened. 
But in 2002 Nutt DID lose consecutive conference games.  We first lost to
Alabama 12-30 and next game we lost to Tennessee 38-41.  There is no
season where Nutt won after the first conference loss.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 20, 2007, 02:03:08 am
Quote from: Kilgor on September 20, 2007, 01:57:28 am

Bacon out...

Bacon out...

Me for one more.

Yes, I've read the thread.  There are, as I said, only a handful that are openly rooting to lose.  Some say if they KNEW it would mean the end of Nutt they would be happy to lose.  There are others who support you even though they disagree, and there are many posts totally oppositional to your position. 

It's six pages of worthless unintelligible drivel unlike anything I've seen since the last Bush speech transcript.

And it doesn't mean a large percentage on this site are wearing black shirts to the games and openly cheering for Arkansas to lose.  Did you check this board out last Saturday night?  It was incensed, angry, mobbish if you will.  But other than two or three posters it was not celebratory in any way.

Bacon out...

Now Bacon...it is unlike you to be so negative about those of us who are less eloquent and more simple-minded when it comes to the Hogs and football.  We have feelings, too, ya know...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07