Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'll say what a lot are thinking...

Started by Kilgor, August 21, 2007, 03:18:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilgor

...and take a pounding on smites I am sure, but who really cares.

I am so conflicted.

I love my Hogs, but we need a cancer removed (Nutt and Co.) for the betterment of the team in the long run.  A losing season could be the chemo that kills the cancer.

I fear an 8-9 win season (which sucks with this schedule and talent) and Nutt and Co. being allowed to stay on.

Hell.......... I'll say it.  I hope we have a losing season so that we can win big in the future with a real coach.  :'( :razorback:
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

hoggystyle78

It's sad that it has come to this with so many fans. I wouldn't be too upset with a loss to Troy if I knew for sure it meant the end of nutt and his "posse". I wll not root for them to ever lose, but I'm to the point where the losses don't hurt as much anymore. Does anybody else feel this way? It pisses me off that this administration, Frank and dale have taken something I love and just about beat it down to nothing.

Pork Twain

August 21, 2007, 03:53:55 am #2 Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 04:13:57 am by BeoPig
Darksiders are such drama queens...  I want HDN gone but honestly what have any of the PTB done to any of you personally?  I would never wish the hogs to lose so that I might get a coach I would prefer.  What a selfish call by a fan.  I wish the best for the team and the players and I promise you a loss would hurt them worse than HDN.  DMAC, FJ, MM, and PH deserve better from the fans, and you want to talk about HDN being selfish and self centered???
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bkjacks

How can you call yourself a Hog Fan, then wish us to lose for any reason. Sick!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Kilgor on August 21, 2007, 03:18:23 am

I am so conflicted.

I love my Hogs, but we need a cancer removed (Nutt and Co.) for the betterment of the team in the long run.  A losing season could be the chemo that kills the cancer.

I fear an 8-9 win season (which sucks with this schedule and talent) and Nutt and Co. being allowed to stay on.

Hell.......... I'll say it.  I hope we have a losing season so that we can win big in the future with a real coach.  :'( :razorback:

i do not hope we have a losing season but i can see why you feel that way.

Hogphilia

Why should you be ashamed that it will take a losing season for the PTB to finally wash our hands of the filthiness, hypocrisy, and dishonesty of this so-called coach?

+1 to you my man!

Hogphilia

Quote from: BeoPig on August 21, 2007, 03:53:55 am
Darksiders are such drama queens...  I want HDN gone but honestly what have any of the PTB done to any of you personally?  I would never wish the hogs to lose so that I might get a coach I would prefer.  What a selfish call by a fan.  I wish the best for the team and the players and I promise you a loss would hurt them worse than HDN.  DMAC, FJ, MM, and PH deserve better from the fans, and you want to talk about HDN being selfish and self centered???

No, I could live with the selfishness.....but cannot abide the dishonesty and dirty tricks.

lrmtnhog

People who want the hogs to have a losing season just so HDN will be gone don't deserve to be hog fans.  I have been a die hard Razorback fan since 1978 and I have never, ever wanted the hogs to lose just so I could have some selfish wish fulfilled.

Hogphilia

Quote from: lrmtnhog on August 21, 2007, 06:48:52 am
People who want the hogs to have a losing season just so HDN will be gone don't deserve to be hog fans.  I have been a die hard Razorback fan since 1978 and I have never, ever wanted the hogs to lose just so I could have some selfish wish fulfilled.

Happily, YOU don't get to determine who is and who isn't a hog fan.  I have been a Foundation contributing, 4-season tickets buying fan 26 years, so don't even start trying to tell me my status as a Hog supporter. 

I don't relish a loss but would gladly accept one or more to be rid of the embarrassment, and dishonesty that is in our football program right now...Why are wins more important to so many people that honesty and integrity.  And I certainly understand anyone like the author of this thread wanting whatever it takes to rid us of Li'l Abner, his MSM, and his family.

HOGPICKER

So how much pain will you suffer with an 11 win season?  I may be in a kool-aid stupor, but I really expect to win at AL.  Why not the others.  If we lose to Troy, I vote to employ the Citadel precedent and fire his a$% immediately. 
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Brand X Hog Fan

Why do you people feel it is necessary to atack someone's fan status because of an emotional comment? Does it somehow make you feel more of a person? That in itself is sick.

Anyway, I can appreciate the original premise of the thread but for the player's sake, I hope we win. I keep waiting for a miracle to happen in the BAC . . . stray meteor, alien abduction . . .
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on August 21, 2007, 07:09:39 am

Anyway, I can appreciate the original premise of the thread but for the player's sake, I hope we win. I keep waiting for a miracle to happen in the BAC . . . stray meteor, alien abduction . . .

exactly
i want the team to win for the kid's sakes. I want them to win so Darren McFadden can get all the attention he deserves but this year much more than any year ever in football, losses wouldnt ruin my day like in the past.

My saturdays and weekends would be built around the football team's success. My mood would depend on weather the football hogs won or lost. It probably won't be that way this football season. I wouldnt be jumping for joy if they lost a game but i would find solace in losses so that our program can get rid of the illness, get a good coach with a new AD and move forward.

Arkansas football needs new blood in the worst way possible.

The Boar War

August 21, 2007, 07:18:38 am #12 Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 07:21:00 am by The Boar War
Quote from: hoggystyle78 on August 21, 2007, 03:27:53 am
It's sad that it has come to this with so many fans. I wouldn't be too upset with a loss to Troy if I knew for sure it meant the end of nutt and his "posse". I wll not root for them to ever lose, but I'm to the point where the losses don't hurt as much anymore. Does anybody else feel this way? It pisses me off that this administration, Frank and dale have taken something I love and just about beat it down to nothing.

This is a plan of action that just will not work.  What have any of you seen from the BAC recently that would make you think they will fire Nutt for a mediocre/bad season?  My Exhibits A and B are recent seasons of 4-8 and 5-7.  One of those seasons was with a senior quarterback and rb.  Exhibit C is a contract extension amidst all the off field problems.  You say a new AD will take care of this but no AD will walk into town and fire a recently successful coach.  Its just not good for business.

Lets quit looking at this from a glass half empty perspective.  Instead of hoping we lose big and have HDN removed (which will not happen) why dont we hope for a great season and have Houston leave on his own.  Everyone knows that Houston wants to leave.  Lets hope that he gets the resume this year to go away.

Since 1894

I am so conflicted.

I could never be this type of fan.

I am sorry for you that you feel this way.

I understand that Arkansas State is always looking for new fans.

Be good
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

HDale

I am willing to tear down RRS if that is what it takes to get rid of this clown and his wife.
I will always hate the Dork

Hogginitall

I am so conflicted.

It truly is a sad day when Razorback "fans" are rooting against "our" team.  Anyone who hopes the Razorbacks lose any game, for whatever reason, is not a fan in my book.  I know, I know.  I don't get to decide who's a fan and who's not.  But, I'm sure there are a bunch of people that feel just like me.  Truly sad...

longtimeHogfan

I am so conflicted.

Hell.......... I'll say it.  I hope we have a losing season so that we can win big in the future with a real coach.

I can certainly understand why/how someone could feel as you do, and I am not critical of that opinion.  While I can't make myself actually 'hope' for a losing season, I do find myself not caring about 'W's & 'L's as much while Dale is on the sideline. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hawgylandelight

Seems strange that such a die hard perfect fan as some of you and Ms. Nutt are....that she would be involved in the harassing of a Razorback.  So the question is....would you rather me as a fan root for a loss to rid us of Houston...or would you rather I harass and help run off someone like a Darren McFadden?  I'll await a good smart ass answer to this one.

Spiral_cut

What a farked up way of thinking. You are taking this waaaay to seriously. I personally have
put my wishes for nutt to leave on the shelf til AFTER the season. I suggest you do the same...

COCHISE

I am so conflicted.

Unbelievable

wholehog92

I can't hope they lose.  Although I do hate the apathy about wins and losses that has developed for me.  I completely blame HDN for this.  The players are kids whose life is Razorback football.  Kids find themselves in with the wrong crowd all the time.  I don't wish them to get thrown in jail just so they will see the error of their ways.  I always hope success will seperate them from the losers.  That is my hope in this situation.  Success will cause the loser to find a new home.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

FavreHog

That is a messed up view.  How can you hate one person you have never met to the point that you would want destruction for all involved.  I guess you would want DMac to get injured if it meant HDN would leave.   

Conway Cool Daddy

Pulling for the Hogs to lose is unimaginable to me.
I just can't fathom this attitude by you guys. Arkansas football is NOT Houston Nutt, it's much more than that.
It's bigger than Houston and bigger than Frank.

You guys are just as bad as the huggers who can't discern Dale from the program. This really has become a Nutt Nation of fans.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

1texashogfan

This is just dumb.  Kind of like wishing your loving spouse would die so you would not have to spend Christmas with your hated brother-in-law.  I believe Nutt must go but cannot hope the Hogs lose in order to push him out.  Please go find another team to support.

Go Hogs
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.  Winston Churchill

junkyardhog

brother, i understand where you are coming from. you have been pushed into a corner and feel for the integrity of the progaram and our University that losing is the only solution to our problems. i whole lungedly(not a word ) understand. On the 8th of August i had to lose mylower right lobe of my lung. So i could get better so i could survive and have a full life.

I still have to have faith in the administration(it's almost wearing to zero) that no matter the outcome of the season we will be rid of this cancer that keeps our program for growing continously(not just one season or 2). so i respect your view , i will wait one more year before i consider the losing season stance. I'll probably walk away from the program and my alma mater b4 it comes to that. But in my heart i will always love the razorbacks and the UofA.

thanks for expressing your opinion

Don't worry about those who tell you what to think or post. You and only you have to look in the mirror and sccept how you have lived this life.
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

Ish O

I am so conflicted.

I won't smite you because who really cares about that. I wll say though that this post is the pure definition of a loser. And this is coming from a Hog fan in the middle. I don't care who the coach is as long as the Hogs are successful.

blue

Conway Cool Daddy

I don't care who the coach is as long as the Hogs are successful.

And what is your definition of successful?
Is it 60%  winning percentage? No BCS bowls? Or is it winnig more than 50% of games and leading the band?

Porkerpower

Quote from: opineonswine on August 21, 2007, 07:59:07 am
The damage to the fan base done by DMW and his cronies is sad.  The only solution is to run his sorry butt out of town the minute the season is over.  Holding on to him (for some convoluted, sick reason) will only further split and divide the fan base and weaken the program.  He has lost his privilege to lead.

Them is facts whether you Nuttzi's like it or not.

Perfectly stated.  And no matter what side of the fence you stand, that's the reason he has to go.

+1

mykidsdad

Quote from: The Boar War on August 21, 2007, 07:18:38 am

This is a plan of action that just will not work.  What have any of you seen from the BAC recently that would make you think they will fire Nutt for a mediocre/bad season?  My Exhibits A and B are recent seasons of 4-8 and 5-7.  One of those seasons was with a senior quarterback and rb.  Exhibit C is a contract extension amidst all the off field problems.  You say a new AD will take care of this but no AD will walk into town and fire a recently successful coach.  Its just not good for business.

Lets quit looking at this from a glass half empty perspective.  Instead of hoping we lose big and have HDN removed (which will not happen) why dont we hope for a great season and have Houston leave on his own.  Everyone knows that Houston wants to leave.  Lets hope that he gets the resume this year to go away.

There is not a program that wants Nutt so your logic is flawed. He tried everyone last year and not even a nibble. He will not be leaving for another program. It is either get rid of him because of our teams failures or have him here for a long time.

SpareRib

What price do you put on integrity?  What cost do you put on winning?  These are the questions that divide the fan base.  I'm tired of the true fan debate.  Regardless of our opinions on the above, we all love the Hogs.

As for my opinion, I want the Hogs to go all the way... I want DMac to win the Heisman.  My opinion of our leadership and its continued presence on our campus is no longer tied to this.

In my sig line are three quotes.  These have been there for some time now. The first two are my own, based on years of experience in the real world of competition.  The third was Keys' last post on this board.  I stand by them.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

COCHISE

I am so conflicted.

Crap like this is the reason that Razorback fans are the laughing stock of ESPN and the college football world!  Yeah, let's hope for a losing season, let's kiss DMAC's Heisman chances away, who cares, to hell with all these seniors, lets hope those guys who have busted their a$$es for 4-5 years end their careers with a losing season,  let's have a losing season for all those other 100+ guys who chose to come play at the UA, hell it's not about all them anyway, it's about you wanting a new coach.

ck33180

I am so conflicted.

Sad, just sad.

HatfieldHog

I am so conflicted.

This is exactly the apathy that I feel toward Razorback Football right now.

Of all the injustices that have been done in the past year at the U of A, by Nutt and Co.  The worst, is the way that the U of A has suppressed the free expression of the fan base.  From the T-Shirt fiasco, to the Bud Walton sign incident, to the "pressure" cencorship of the Media,  it smells of disgust to me, and basically, I can't, with good conscience, support such a program and administration.

So, if it takes a 0-12 season, and the "grand ole gentleman" of college football to go out looking like a buffon, then let it happen.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Hogginitall

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 21, 2007, 08:23:43 am
As much as you may despise his remarks...

DO NOT TELL HIM TO FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO SUPPORT, ROOT FOR, ETC.

Debate the logic, not his fanhood. 

What if the "logic" he provides makes me think that he is not really an Arkansas fan?

Michael Porkleone

its so funny you are still calling him DMW...

:)

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

junkyardhog

Crap like this is the reason that Razorback fans are the laughing stock of ESPN and the college football world

when i look back on my life to decide whether i have done enough. If i have helped those who needed assistance. Whether i sacrificed for those who were in struggle.

I will not be judged by ESPN nor the college football world amd could care less how they think.

I will not let them dictate my expectations of my alma mater.
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

hog_heaven_2000

I'm getting real tired of the "you're not a true fan" stuff. Kilgore has his reasons for feeling the way he does. Personally, I don't agree with him. I want a new coach, but I don't want a new coach that bad. But come on guys! Kilgore wants Nutt to be fired for the betterment of the program. If he's not a "true fan," I don't know what is.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

maknbacn

I dont know about wishing for a losing season, thats tought to do.  I live in Oklahoma and remember the John Blake years, sooner fans were at the wits end. The only problem is....John Blake didnt have ANY success, easy to fire him.  The problem with Nutt is that he has had SOME success., everytime the door is there to shut he pulls off some key wins. The only way Nutt leaves after this season is for him to take another job.  I cant see this team winning less than 8 games.  As long as the stadium is full, they wont fire him.

Porklandia

Quote from: Hogphilia on August 21, 2007, 06:56:09 am

Happily, YOU don't get to determine who is and who isn't a hog fan.  I have been a Foundation contributing, 4-season tickets buying fan 26 years, so don't even start trying to tell me my status as a Hog supporter. 

I don't relish a loss but would gladly accept one or more to be rid of the embarrassment, and dishonesty that is in our football program right now...Why are wins more important to so many people that honesty and integrity.  And I certainly understand anyone like the author of this thread wanting whatever it takes to rid us of Li'l Abner, his MSM, and his family.

I don't care how much $ you've contributed over the years. By definition, if you are rooting for a team to lose, you ARE NOT A FAN OF THAT team. It isn't difficult. If you are a fan, you want your team to win. Period.
Put a Hog on it!

Kilgor

I'm an Arkansas alumnus and fan.  I went to 5 of 6 Fayetteville games and the LSU debacle in Little Rock last year.

When Nutt left Casey Dick in the LSU game with 3 completions in the 1st half and ZERO in the second half while the National Player of the Year who was 8-0 as a starter watched from the sidelines he COMPLETELY lost me.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back.  He cared more about a personal vendetta against an 18 year old kid than MY ALMA MATER.

He does not deserve to lead MY program.

DeltaBoy

If Nutt follows his historical pattern of winning the West and Losing the SEC championship game then we will have a losing season this year.  If he breaks the trend I for 1 will be impressed..... Naw Daddy always says even a blind hog can find a acorn now and then.  Fire NUTT!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

granny grunt

You expressed my feelings about this season.   It is the same mentality that I was forced to have during the 04 and 05 seasons [when I watched Nutt chew his fingernails and lead the hogs in back to back losing seasons] while firing other coaches to save his own clown a$$.
No I just can't seem to get excited about playing North Texas,  Chattanooga,  and Florida International.   There are so MANY out there that feel the same as you and I.
I also firmly believe that Nutt will fall on his face again this year,   the question is:  will he come up with enough excuses to keep from getting fired this year?........

okiehawg

I am so conflicted.

You would rather have a losing season than possibly a heisman trophy winner for the first time ever in school history?

Kilgor

Actually, my desire is that we have as many wins in the future as possible.

We will have MORE wins by having 1 bad season and getting rid of Nutt than by keeping him and assuring 10 more mediocre seasons.

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: Kilgor on August 21, 2007, 08:38:19 am
I'm an Arkansas alumnus and fan.  I went to 5 of 6 Fayetteville games and the LSU debacle in Little Rock last year.

When Nutt left Casey Dick in the LSU game with 3 completions in the 1st half and ZERO in the second half while the National Player of the Year who was 8-0 as a starter watched from the sidelines he COMPLETELY lost me.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back.  He cared more about a personal vendetta against an 18 year old kid than MY ALMA MATER.

That's about the time he lost my support for good. Up to that time, I was not happy about the two losing seasons, but he could've made it up to me. After the LSU game, I finally made up my mind that he is an idiot, and there's no hope for him. The drama of this off-season pulled me even further to the darkside.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Nutts and Bolts

If losins the ONLY way to get rid of the dork, then this year and this year only, I will not be so sad after a loss
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

hoggystyle78

That's what alot of these huggers can't seem to understand Kilgor. Houston Nutt puts himself and his selfish "me first" attitude before the program. He may " love the helmet", but it's only because he's getting paid 1.5 million$$ to be here, besides, loving the helmet is just another lie on top of a mountain of lies already told. If he truly loved the Razorbacks he wouldn't have went around last year and lifted his skirt for any and every D1 job opening out there. Nutt just cares about Nutt, not the Razorbacks, and not the fans, huggers or darksiders.
Quote from: Kilgor on August 21, 2007, 08:38:19 am

Hogginitall

Quote from: kenh2112 on August 21, 2007, 08:38:09 am
Quote from: Hogphilia on August 21, 2007, 06:56:09 am

I don't care how much $ you've contributed over the years. By definition, if you are rooting for a team to lose, you ARE NOT A FAN OF THAT team. It isn't difficult. If you are a fan, you want your team to win. Period.

I agree with this.  I'll stop talking about it now, like the mod asked.  But, a fan wants their team to win every game.  At least in my mind.  I see the logic that you guys are trying to use to provide a valid reason to root against the Hogs.  But in my mind, it just doesn't jive.  

anthonytkr

Quote from: Hogphilia on August 21, 2007, 06:42:31 am
Why should you be ashamed that it will take a losing season for the PTB to finally wash our hands of the filthiness, hypocrisy, and dishonesty of this so-called coach?

+1 to you my man!

And a plus 1 to u also! It is not sellfish of us who want to better the U of A program by ridding it HDN and FB.  We are looking at the complete picturen not just the here and now. What would one rather have, a 10-11 win season only to have Nutt leave after this year, which is what is going to happen. Then we are stuck with a program no-one will want to come to. As far as D-mac, he will be a first round pic next year rather he wins the Heisman or not, yes it would be nice for his as a Razorback to achieve this, but at the cost of Nutt remaining, its a high price to pay.  Sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the destruction caused by Nutt and Broyles does not constitute one as being a fan, u simpley dont want to accept whats going on. FIRE NUTT!!!