Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn gets his QB

Started by g-townhog, January 30, 2007, 01:20:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankBoaryles

Tulsa doesn't play in the SEC so its not a fair comparison.  If the kid throws for 500 yards a game against Rice, SMU, Tulane, ECU, and the rest of CUSA its not that big a deal.
[/quote]

I'd be willing to wager anything that a Houston Nutt offense couldn't throw for 500 yards a game vs Elkins or West Fork much less a CUSA team.

CCintherock

Quote from: razorhog52 on January 30, 2007, 06:24:00 pm
Quote from: pigfeet on January 30, 2007, 06:03:00 pm
Quote from: g-townhog on January 30, 2007, 01:20:50 pm

Durham (NC) Hillside quarterback Mike Johnson received an in-home visit over the weekend from Tulsa Co-Offensive Coordinator Gus Malzahn. Johnson says he is very impressed with the new direction of the Golden Hurricane program, which caused him to give a verbal commitment last night.

Mike Johnson committed to Tulsa
"I actually told him a couple days ago, but it just kind of became official today," Johnson said Sunday night. "Coach Malzahn came and visited, and he offered last week. We had a nice talk, and everything went real well."

Johnson made waves during his senior season, which caught the eye of many college programs, including Miami, Ohio State, Michigan State and North Carolina. Arkansas, where Malzahn coached last year, was also in the mix and hosted Johnson on a visit in December. That is when the 6-foot-1 and 210-pound field general struck up a relationship with the former Razorback offensive coordinator.

"We started to have a little bit of a relationship when I went down to Arkansas," Johnson explained. "He's the national offensive coordinator of the year. Who better to learn from right now? And he's also going to be the quarterbacks coach."

"The style of offense he's going to bring to Tulsa is going to be fun and exciting to watch over the next couple of years. Coach Malzahn has high hopes. He tells me they have high expectations the next couple of years."

Johnson will take an official visit to Tulsa this weekend. He is excited about his college choice and looks forward to joining a successful program.

"They've been to bowl games three times out of the last four years," he stated. "They're a program on the rise, and they're looking to contend for a BCS bowl game as early as next year, really."

As a senior last year, Johnson completed 65-percent of his passes for 3,142 yards and 27 touchdowns.

I'm happy for the kid. He chose wise going to play for Gus and not messing with the MSM.

He didn't have a choice. He chose to go to the place that offered him a scholarship. If he wanted to go to Arkansas, it would of had to of been as a walk on.

Where are you getting this from.  Arkansas was very excited about this kid and was chomping on the bit to get him.  He was a better choice than Chaisson.  We weren't even considering Nathan D.  until Gus took off, which obviously meant we lost out on Johnson then. 
Nutt is a winner of the losers and a loser to the winners. Sounds like a Mediocre loser or winner.

missippihog

Again, what does who Gus gets to Tulsa have to do with a Razorback sports forum. Post this on the Tulsa message board.

crazyrazy

Malzahn developed an offense at U of A this year, and did it with inexperience at QB.  Let's see if the offense gets better next year, with experience at QB.  Any takers?

TheyCallMeHogLuver

Quote from: mikeirwin on January 30, 2007, 01:27:58 pm
We talked to him on Press Row.
I think we'll try to have him on again.

I was listening and that kid sounded SHARP! 

Now that he has chosen Gus instead of Houston as his offensive coordinator, my suspicions have proven to be correct.

(Not that it would really take a MENSA candidate to figure out your choice between Gus or Houston.)

What's that you say ??.......Houston is not the offensive coordinator ??.....well then I must stand corrected on that matter.  My bad.

crazyrazy

(with one hand tied behind his back)

joebut18

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 30, 2007, 08:29:38 pm
What I'm really looking forward to is reading Hogville next football season.  I hope Hog game and Tulsa game are on at the same time.  If Tulsa is having success and we are getting stuffed on our 15 run up the middle on 3rd and whatever in a row, the meltdown will go thermo-nuclear and be entertaining as hell.

To the contrary, when Arkansas is winning with DMac & Felix both over 100 yards...and Tulsa is winning or losing or whatever...nobody will care.  Why?  Because nobody gives a crap what Tulsa does.  Do we really care what the Tulsa vs. Rice game looks like...NO.  Get over it, Tulsa won't register next year...lets focus on Big Boy football in the SEC.

However if it makes you feel better to look at the Tulsa passing yards after every game next year, then have at it...whatever floats your boat.

The Nerdery

Quote from: mikeirwin on January 30, 2007, 01:27:58 pm
We talked to him on Press Row.
I think we'll try to have him on again.

I know i'm about three pages behind, but let me get this straight...

There's a QB out of North Carolina who's committing to Tulsa...

...and you're going to have him on Press Row? 

jkelly107

Go Gus. He can recruit circles around Nutt

loserhog3-7

Quote from: joebut18 on January 30, 2007, 09:54:48 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 30, 2007, 08:29:38 pm
What I'm really looking forward to is reading Hogville next football season.  I hope Hog game and Tulsa game are on at the same time.  If Tulsa is having success and we are getting stuffed on our 15 run up the middle on 3rd and whatever in a row, the meltdown will go thermo-nuclear and be entertaining as hell.

To the contrary, when Arkansas is winning with DMac & Felix both over 100 yards...and Tulsa is winning or losing or whatever...nobody will care.  Why?  Because nobody gives a crap what Tulsa does.  Do we really care what the Tulsa vs. Rice game looks like...NO.  Get over it, Tulsa won't register next year...lets focus on Big Boy football in the SEC.

However if it makes you feel better to look at the Tulsa passing yards after every game next year, then have at it...whatever floats your boat.

Whatevers! Thanks for the permission daddy?

loserhog3-7

Quote from: jkelly107 on January 30, 2007, 10:31:20 pm
Go Gus. He can recruit circles around Nutt

And in a lower conference with a less than mediocre team that some folks say nobody even knows they exist. Kick some tail GUS.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: spudhog on January 30, 2007, 01:22:29 pm
at least we have casey and rojo.  ;D

Yeah, don;t worry.......we have "The Wildcat".
Go Hogs Go!

mykidsdad

Quote from: birdhawg on January 30, 2007, 04:55:47 pm
I don't even know where to start on this deal. Mike, I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but why do we Hog fans care about talking to someone who committed to Tulsa? I mean if your gonna do that why not talk to someone who signed with USC? or Texas? Let's really talk to some high profile guys. Second of all I'm sick of you hypocrites rallying for Gus, you guys are nothing but a bunch of marks for Malzahn! Here we have two pages of crap about them signing a two star guy but I bet there isn't 40 posts about us getting a 4* DE today, and BTW both of our qb committs are higher rated than this guy.

You guys really need to examine where your loyalties lie.  Some of you think it's gonna be funny to keep up with how this qb does here and that one does there, my question is are you serious?! I for one wish you jerks would just leave! Go start an I LOVE MALZAHN, AND MUSTAIN website and have a great life. I'm gonna root for the Hogs and quit ***ing whether I like Nutt and Broyles or not! And for the record I don't!

If you don't like it click the little X on the top right corner. It will fix it for you.

James K. Pork

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 30, 2007, 10:40:02 pm
Quote from: spudhog on January 30, 2007, 01:22:29 pm
at least we have casey and rojo.  ;D

Yeah, don;t worry.......we have "The Wildcat".

By the time Houston gets done with it, it'll be the p****cat.

LJHOG

He done stole our QB!! OMG what next?  The program is gonna go ......... oh wait, we didn't want the guy.  Nevermind, I almost went off the deep end.

birdhawg

Quote from: The AntiNutt on January 30, 2007, 05:24:52 pm
Quote from: birdhawg on January 30, 2007, 04:55:47 pm
I don't even know where to start on this deal. Mike, I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but why do we Hog fans care about talking to someone who committed to Tulsa? I mean if your gonna do that why not talk to someone who signed with USC? or Texas? Let's really talk to some high profile guys. Second of all I'm sick of you hypocrites rallying for Gus, you guys are nothing but a bunch of marks for Malzahn! Here we have two pages of crap about them signing a two star guy but I bet there isn't 40 posts about us getting a 4* DE today, and BTW both of our qb committs are higher rated than this guy.

You guys really need to examine where your loyalties lie.  Some of you think it's gonna be funny to keep up with how this qb does here and that one does there, my question is are you serious?! I for one wish you jerks would just leave! Go start an I LOVE MALZAHN, AND MUSTAIN website and have a great life. I'm gonna root for the Hogs and quit ***ing whether I like Nutt and Broyles or not! And for the record I don't!

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but what makes you think anyone gives a rat's ass what you think?
The same thing that makes you think we give a rat's ass what you think! Got any other pearls of wisdom? BTW  how's the website coming? HA HA

Silver Hog

10thPlanet

Why doesn't Nutt recruit Oklahoma, that's where he played and loved that helmet, when he sucked as a QB and was benched by Daddy. Remember Gus is Born, Breed and loves Arkansas. He never left until Arkansas turned it's back on him. He could have went anywhere in the USA and coached HS, NAIA, DII, just like Nutt for more money, but he stayed home. Then he got the Big SCREW. You loyal Razorback Arkies think about that when you start talking loyalty. Nutt is only as loyal as the $$$$$$$$$$$$ keep him.

hawgaramus

Quote from: dkwvike on January 31, 2007, 07:46:01 am
Why doesn't Nutt recruit Oklahoma, that's where he played and loved that helmet, when he sucked as a QB and was benched by Daddy. Remember Gus is Born, Breed and loves Arkansas. He never left until Arkansas turned it's back on him. He could have went anywhere in the USA and coached HS, NAIA, DII, just like Nutt for more money, but he stayed home. Then he got the Big SCREW. You loyal Razorback Arkies think about that when you start talking loyalty. Nutt is only as loyal as the $$$$$$$$$$$$ keep him.

Didn't Gus walk on at Arkansas as a receiver, and then transfer to Harding when it didn't work out for him?  Exactly how is that different than Nutt transferring for lack of playing time.  I'm not completely sure about this, so if Malzahn played somewhere else, feel free to correct me.

And are you seriously going to bash Nutt for trying to make a better life for him and his family?  A lot of people leave Arkansas and "follow the money" because its what they need to do to build their career.  That doesn't make them any less of a person or mean that they love the state any less.  Means they are doing what they need to do.  Not sure why you would fault the man for this....

birdhawg

I will assume since I brought up loyalty that you're refering to my post. I could be wrong but I think Gus thought that he could go from SHS to OC on the Hill and after a few years go get a HC job somewhere then come back to U of A as the Head Hog. I don't think I'm alone with that idea, it seems logical. Was Gus done dirty? yeah, looks like it to me but Arkansas never "turned it's back" on Gus. Houston wanted someone else's input on the offense, as HC he has that right. I don't like the way it all went down, but you know what, it's done, and I'm still a Hog fan. I don't care about Tulsa. The situation with Gus and Mitch reminds me of the NBA. The NBA promotes the name on the back of the jersey instead on the name on the front, and therefore when you don't have guy's named Jordan or Magic or Bird the league suffers. Why is that, because those guys come and go but the program (league) remains. When Gus leaves Tulsa for another job are you going to follow him there. What happens if Gus falls on his face (which I don't think will happen, but it could) and goes back to high school.

ur

Quote from: joebut18 on January 30, 2007, 02:04:38 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on January 30, 2007, 01:47:56 pm
Quote from: brodie_hawg on January 30, 2007, 01:45:03 pm
He might have been looked at by those other schools but from what I remember, he did not have offers.  Joe Chaisson did have early offers from Tenn and LSU but they backed away when he did not want to commit early.  So, I think we chose the better of the two.
anyone willing to make a bet who has the better numbers in 4yrs?

Pulled out...

Suupid bet...you're talking apples and oranges...Hogs don't play a pass-oriented offense.  But I will make a bet on who gets more TV exposure, who plays in more prominent bowl games and who has gained better experience playing against top talent vs. playing ECU and SMU. Get over Gus
I would be willing to bet that Tulsa is in more prominent bowl games because they will be in bowl games in 2008 and 2009 and we will be sitting at home.

BartIV

Imagine the recruiting Gus Malzahn could have done for Arkansas. The QBs, Receivers, tightends. The dream is lost in Arkansas and a stones throw away in Tulsa. What a lose.

joebut18

Quote from: ur on January 31, 2007, 08:32:44 am
He might have been looked at by those other schools but from what I remember, he did not have offers.  Joe Chaisson did have early offers from Tenn and LSU but they backed away when he did not want to commit early.  So, I think we chose the better of the two.

Pulled out...

Suupid bet...you're talking apples and oranges...Hogs don't play a pass-oriented offense.  But I will make a bet on who gets more TV exposure, who plays in more prominent bowl games and who has gained better experience playing against top talent vs. playing ECU and SMU. Get over Gus
I would be willing to bet that Tulsa is in more prominent bowl games because they will be in bowl games in 2008 and 2009 and we will be sitting at home.

Bring it on....easy money!  By the way, please don't say "we" in this context - you should really consider completely changing your allegiance.  Ark doesn't need fans like you.

Pigmund Freud

So you are saying Ark doesn't need forward- looking fans who want the team to go to the next level  ?

WooieSooie

Quote from: hawgaramus on January 31, 2007, 08:22:49 am

Didn't Gus walk on at Arkansas as a receiver, and then transfer to Harding when it didn't work out for him?  Exactly how is that different than Nutt transferring for lack of playing time.  I'm not completely sure about this, so if Malzahn played somewhere else, feel free to correct me.

And are you seriously going to bash Nutt for trying to make a better life for him and his family?  A lot of people leave Arkansas and "follow the money" because its what they need to do to build their career.  That doesn't make them any less of a person or mean that they love the state any less.  Means they are doing what they need to do.  Not sure why you would fault the man for this....
Gus transferred to Henderson State.  The biggest difference in what you say is that Gus was a walk-on wide receiver in a wishbone offense.  Houston?  Well, the Bear wanted him real bad.
It's all fun and games until someone gets shot in the leg selling drugs trying to make money to buy RAZORBACK tickets!

jagoodwin1953

you people are nutts to thank it even posable to go to the next level not achance in hell nutt make sure to that no bcs for get it  it over boys not till frank an nut are gone an take all his robots with him see you are the next rice tcu  clean it from top all the way down it,s the only way. >:(

frankwilliams

Quote from: WooieSooie on January 31, 2007, 09:52:40 am

Gus transferred to Henderson State.  The biggest difference in what you say is that Gus was a walk-on wide receiver in a wishbone offense.  Houston?  Well, the Bear wanted him real bad.

No difference. They both left for better opportunities. Simple. You guys are hypocritical when it comes to Gus. He is not perfect and the only time he was a Saint was at Shiloh. He's a man. Period. He has exactly 1 year of collegiate experience. I wish him well at Tulsa, but some of you act as if he is some type of football God. Ridiculous. What will be the excuse if Tulsa loses? You guys will find someway to blame HDN and JFB.

frankwilliams

Quote from: jagoodwin1953 on January 31, 2007, 10:00:03 am
you people are nutts to thank it even posable to go to the next level not achance in hell nutt make sure to that no bcs for get it  it over boys not till frank an nut are gone an take all his robots with him see you are the next rice tcu  clean it from top all the way down it,s the only way. >:(

And your excuse if we go to a BCS game will be what? Or, are you like the rest and hope we lose to try and further your agenda? True fan huh?

ur

Quote from: joebut18 on January 31, 2007, 08:45:39 am

Pulled out...

Bring it on....easy money!  By the way, please don't say "we" in this context - you should really consider completely changing your allegiance.  Ark doesn't need fans like you.
You are correct on the "We" part. I have been and will be a razorback fan forever. However, I have never, or will I ever support anyone in any business that treats people the way people were treated on the hill. When integrity is back on the hill, I will be back. Call it disloyalty or whatever, I call it having personal principles that a person stands for no matter what the situation is. Don't bother with the bashing. I am not bashing you with this statement. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

GrumpyHog

Quote from: missippihog on January 30, 2007, 09:47:59 pm
Again, what does who Gus gets to Tulsa have to do with a Razorback sports forum. Post this on the Tulsa message board.

I believe the title is Monday Morning Quarterback.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: joebut18 on January 30, 2007, 05:48:14 pm
Quote from: longtimeHogfan on January 30, 2007, 05:38:38 pm
Quote from: SuperHog on January 30, 2007, 01:23:42 pm
I hope that kid goes to TU and throws for 10,000 yds under Gus.

Me too and I hope Gus gets everyone he goes after. 

I hope he gets you to convert from a hog fan to a golden whatever fan, too.

Well, gee....you've really got a problem don't you?  If it bothers you that much that I can be a Razorback fan and hope that Gus does well too, you have three options. 
1)  you can click on the little red X in the upper right hand corner and go elsewhere
2)  you can use the 'ignore' feature so generously provided by hogville.  Or,
3)  you can kiss my ass.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

frankwilliams

Quote from: ur on January 31, 2007, 10:05:15 am

Pulled out...

You are correct on the "We" part. I have been and will be a razorback fan forever. However, I have never, or will I ever support anyone in any business that treats people the way people were treated on the hill. When integrity is back on the hill, I will be back. Call it disloyalty or whatever, I call it having personal principles that a person stands for no matter what the situation is. Don't bother with the bashing. I am not bashing you with this statement. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

Where have you substantiated a lack of integrity? Give examples. Everyone here keeps saying that, yet they have ZERO evidence. To know someone lied or was lied to, you have to have been there personally. If it is refuted by either party, then it goes to you just deciding who you choose to believe. So many lies have come out in this whole melodrama, and I will tell you this, I know for a FACT that many of them have come from the side that hates HDN and JFB. Go back and check the threads and trace the inconsistencies, misinformation, and blatant lies.

Gus told you guys he called the plays. You say he didn't. Whose lying?

He wins OC of the year. You use that as an acknowledgment of his "greatness." You said he wasn't calling the plays though. Whose lying?

Gus said he was not forced to leave. You say he was. Whose lying?

JFB said he told Gus to stop the meeting with the parents. Gus denied knowing about it. Whose lying?

You say there is turmoil and discord on the Hill. The current players say there is no such thing. Whose lying?

You say Nutt is a liar and lacks integrity. Recruits say they love him and his morals. Whose lying?

You say BG wasn't recruited properly. We tell him straight up that we want him as a FB not a TB. He is upset about it and says that we were one of the last to offer. Although there are DOCUMENTED statements from him in previous interviews that say the contrary. Sounds like hurt feelings. Whose lying?

Players say Mitch was not treated badly. Mitch never says he was treated badly. HDN says he didn't treat him badly. Whose lying?

How do you really know the "truth." Truth is all about perception. Unless you were included in these issues, then it becomes your opinion, unsubstantiated by facts.

hawgaramus

Quote from: WooieSooie on January 31, 2007, 09:52:40 am

Still not seeing the difference.  They both were in offenses that didn't play to their strengths at Arkansas, so they went somewhere that fit them better.  Just because Malzahn was a walk on and Nutt was highly recruited doesn't really play into this.  The bottom line is they both left when they recognized it wasn't going to work out for them, yet the Malzahnites on this board only want to bring that up in relation to Nutt.

I'm not a big fan of Nutt and will be happy when we get a coach who can actually take us up to the next level, but the relentless nitpicking of anything and everything that Nutt does/has done is getting old and makes the so called "darkside" look spiteful and ridiculous....

joebut18

Quote from: frankwilliams on January 31, 2007, 10:18:04 am

Pulled out...

Where have you substantiated a lack of integrity? Give examples. Everyone here keeps saying that, yet they have ZERO evidence. To know someone lied or was lied to, you have to have been there personally. If it is refuted by either party, then it goes to you just deciding who you choose to believe. So many lies have come out in this whole melodrama, and I will tell you this, I know for a FACT that many of them have come from the side that hates HDN and JFB. Go back and check the threads and trace the inconsistencies, misinformation, and blatant lies.

He wins OC of the year. You use that as an acknowledgment of his "greatness." You said he wasn't calling the plays though. Whose lying?

JFB said he told Gus to stop the meeting with the parents. Gus denied knowing about it. Whose lying?

You say there is turmoil and discord on the Hill. The current players say there is no such thing. Whose lying?

You say Nutt is a liar and lacks integrity. Recruits say they love him and his morals. Whose lying?

You say BG wasn't recruited properly. We tell him straight up that we want him as a FB not a TB. He is upset about it and says that we were one of the last to offer. Although there are DOCUMENTED statements from him in previous interviews that say the contrary. Sounds like hurt feelings. Whose lying?

Players say Mitch was not treated badly. Mitch never says he was treated badly. HDN says he didn't treat him badly. Whose lying?

How do you really know the "truth." Truth is all about perception. Unless you were included in these issues, then it becomes your opinion, unsubstantiated by facts.

Wonderful post...you are my hero!

WooieSooie

Yes, there are lots of differences.  $$$$$ for tuition is one of them.  A walk-on WR in a wishbone is not going to see the field, ever.  A QB on scholarship has a much better chance.  I am not saying that I think it was wrong for Houston to transfer, but to say that the situations were the same is not logical.
It's all fun and games until someone gets shot in the leg selling drugs trying to make money to buy RAZORBACK tickets!

HDale

Guys
You can't compare a walk-on (Gus) with a scholarship player (Nutt) transferring. But some of you Gus bashers will stop at nothing to discredit the man. You Huggers can relax, Gus is gone and the "threat" of having any integrity in the coaching staff left with him.
I will always hate the Dork

jagoodwin1953

Mike Johnson is better then the kids we got i seen him play he will be very good quarter back  this is good, for gus smart kid to dam were gus now gus get him some pay back to nutt an frank . ;D

missippihog

Quote from: GrumpyHog on January 31, 2007, 10:06:50 am
Quote from: missippihog on January 30, 2007, 09:47:59 pm

I believe the title is Monday Morning Quarterback.

Yes, but isn't the name of the message board "Hogville". (Hogville.net>Razorback Discussion>Monday Morning Quarterback) as above. I don't see where discussing a Tulsa recruit has anything to do with Razorback discussion.

hawgaramus

Quote from: HDale on January 31, 2007, 10:53:57 am
Guys
You can't compare a walk-on (Gus) with a scholarship player (Nutt) transferring. But some of you Gus bashers will stop at nothing to discredit the man. You Huggers can relax, Gus is gone and the "threat" of having any integrity in the coaching staff left with him.

The point is that people keep talking about how Gus bleeds Razorback red and loves Arkansas, but yet they want to bash Nutt for transferring when he saw that he didn't fit into the new offense.  It doesn't matter if you're a walk on or scholarship player.  If you bleed Razorback red like people claim, then he would have stayed. 

And this isn't an attempt to bash or discredit Malzahn, although it doesn't surprise me that you see it that way.  Its an attempt to show how hippocritrical it is to bash Nutt for transferring and not Malzahn.  Neither graduated from the UA.

dirtydoghog

Quote from: 311Hog on January 30, 2007, 02:11:55 pm
Quote from: dirtydoghog on January 30, 2007, 02:10:29 pm
Quote from: hog_fan on January 30, 2007, 02:00:27 pm
Quote from: donthaveone on January 30, 2007, 01:56:56 pm
Quote from: tbhogfan on January 30, 2007, 01:53:28 pm
Johnson is a nice pickup for Tulsa.  He is rated as a 2* QB by Rivals.  With the pickup, Tulsa now has 3 3* commits and 14 2* commits, and is ranked 8th in C-USA. 

Gus ain't getting it done! 8th in the...what conference they in again? and how many teams are in this conference?

He been there what two weeks. He saved your boys Nutt butt. Wasn't for Gus Nutt would be gone.

Not sure Gus had much to do with it but I am certain that Dmac did his part to keep Nutt around. 

ROFL denial is a serious problem man you may need to get that checked out.

Hell i would bet 100 bucks that this kid passes for more yards in 6 games then all the Hog QB's pass for the entire season combined.

I'll take that bet.  Starts this year and should also account for wins/losses. 

dirtydoghog

Quote from: hog_fan on January 30, 2007, 02:57:31 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on January 30, 2007, 02:11:55 pm
Quote from: dirtydoghog on January 30, 2007, 02:10:29 pm
Quote from: hog_fan on January 30, 2007, 02:00:27 pm
Quote from: donthaveone on January 30, 2007, 01:56:56 pm
Quote from: tbhogfan on January 30, 2007, 01:53:28 pm
Johnson is a nice pickup for Tulsa.  He is rated as a 2* QB by Rivals.  With the pickup, Tulsa now has 3 3* commits and 14 2* commits, and is ranked 8th in C-USA. 

Gus ain't getting it done! 8th in the...what conference they in again? and how many teams are in this conference?

He been there what two weeks. He saved your boys Nutt butt. Wasn't for Gus Nutt would be gone.

Not sure Gus had much to do with it but I am certain that Dmac did his part to keep Nutt around. 

ROFL denial is a serious problem man you may need to get that checked out.

Hell i would bet 100 bucks that this kid passes for more yards in 6 games then all the Hog QB's pass for the entire season combined.

huggers,

What did D-mac do for Nutt his freshman season? The fact is Gus saved Nutt's job. You huggers can deny it all you want. His little influence made D-mac and Jones that much better. I bet you money Frank would play A-state before playing Tulsa.

I think it is safe to say that Dmac did plenty his freshman year.  For fun, let's compare his value to the team his freshman year vs. the freshman springdale players this year.  Who brought more value to the Arkansas team. 
And as for Gus, I enjoyed watching him call the plays.  I don't kid myself to think that Dmac wouldn't make any OC in the country look good this past year. 

dirtydoghog

Quote from: pigfeet on January 30, 2007, 06:03:00 pm
Quote from: g-townhog on January 30, 2007, 01:20:50 pm

Durham (NC) Hillside quarterback Mike Johnson received an in-home visit over the weekend from Tulsa Co-Offensive Coordinator Gus Malzahn. Johnson says he is very impressed with the new direction of the Golden Hurricane program, which caused him to give a verbal commitment last night.

Mike Johnson committed to Tulsa
"I actually told him a couple days ago, but it just kind of became official today," Johnson said Sunday night. "Coach Malzahn came and visited, and he offered last week. We had a nice talk, and everything went real well."

Johnson made waves during his senior season, which caught the eye of many college programs, including Miami, Ohio State, Michigan State and North Carolina. Arkansas, where Malzahn coached last year, was also in the mix and hosted Johnson on a visit in December. That is when the 6-foot-1 and 210-pound field general struck up a relationship with the former Razorback offensive coordinator.

"We started to have a little bit of a relationship when I went down to Arkansas," Johnson explained. "He's the national offensive coordinator of the year. Who better to learn from right now? And he's also going to be the quarterbacks coach."

"The style of offense he's going to bring to Tulsa is going to be fun and exciting to watch over the next couple of years. Coach Malzahn has high hopes. He tells me they have high expectations the next couple of years."

Johnson will take an official visit to Tulsa this weekend. He is excited about his college choice and looks forward to joining a successful program.

"They've been to bowl games three times out of the last four years," he stated. "They're a program on the rise, and they're looking to contend for a BCS bowl game as early as next year, really."

As a senior last year, Johnson completed 65-percent of his passes for 3,142 yards and 27 touchdowns.

I'm happy for the kid. He chose wise going to play for Gus and not messing with the MSM.

Looks to me due to the no offer on behalf of Arkansas, that his decision was made for him.  Spin it brotha!

Newhopehog

How many huggers bashed Mitch for wanting to xfer.....statements like he never really wanted to be a hog etc...it was sickining but mention numb nutts and that is doing what was best for him....bull period...hug that nutt...

Pigmund Freud

Arkansas politicians and Hog coaches have had a field day with Hugger -mentality people over the years. All you have to do is play the "us agin' them" card or say "Why ,they criticized our state !.. Our Hogs!!!" and they get blind and cling to the status quo. They play Central Arkansas against NWA the same way, when it's to their advantage.  You can bet they will play that card to divert the true argument from.. "How do we get what we all want? A higher level of play and championships."

I just can't believe hog fans are still buying it.

James K. Pork

January 31, 2007, 12:18:18 pm #144 Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 12:32:26 pm by James K. Pork
Quote from: frankwilliams on January 31, 2007, 10:18:04 am

Pulled out...

Where was a lack of integrity established?  This season?  Try the family funeral for Wes Murphy.  You remember, don't you Frank?  The one Nutt tried to get changed (per his own words) so that Wes could play against Vanderbilt.

The man put himself above the needs of a player and his family.  That alone should tell you all you need to know about the manner in which Nutt conducts business on the Hill.

Let's go back to September for this thread.  Nutt personified:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=75941.0

And this, Mr. Williams, is the behavior of a man of integrity?

nocalhog

the day I turn on the radio to listen to a kid from North Carolina regarding his committment to Tulsa, is the day all other radio commmunications stop. 

Seriously, it shows some extreme bias, I could understand if it was an Arkansas kid, because they should get some pub regardless of where they go to college, but a guy Arkansas would not offer from North Carolina. 

The only explanation for airing his interview is a man crush by someone.

joebut18

Quote from: jagoodwin1953 on January 31, 2007, 10:59:42 am
Mike Johnson is better then the kids we got i seen him play he will be very good quarter back  this is good, for gus smart kid to dam were gus now gus get him some pay back to nutt an frank . ;D

I seriously can't make heads or tails of your broken English.  You should really proof this crap.