Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt's interview tonight...

Started by Flatline, September 14, 2006, 11:04:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flatline

For those that did not watch the interview, Coach Nutt said that Wes Murphy would not be playing.  He said that the funeral for his grandfather was Saturday at noon. 

He then said that he talked to the family about changing the funeral to another day so Wes could play.  That is pitiful.  This kid lost a family member and the family is grieving and Nutt is going to asked them to bury the guy on a different day for a game. 

This so disrespectful.  It is bad enough that he did this but then he tells the world.  What is going on in this man's head?

HOGSWEAT

If I'm not mistaken he said that Wes asked the family if they could change the funeral

DCHawg

Winning?

While I don't think Wes Murphy is the difference...I do believe that is what's on the man's mind.

pseudorabies

Quote from: AR Taco04 on September 14, 2006, 11:06:32 pm
If I'm not mistaken he said that Wes asked the family if they could change the funeral

That is NOT what he said.

fire_hog

In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

Shag66

Arkapigdiesel

Uh no.....
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

MBHog

Quote from: MLH on September 14, 2006, 11:04:41 pm
For those that did not watch the interview, Coach Nutt said that Wes Murphy would not be playing.  He said that the funeral for his grandfather was Saturday at noon. 

He then said that he talked to the family about changing the funeral to another day so Wes could play.  That is pitiful.  This kid lost a family member and the family is grieving and Nutt is going to asked them to bury the guy on a different day for a game. 

This so disrespectful.  It is bad enough that he did this but then he tells the world.  What is going on in this man's head?

go home

pseudorabies

Quote from: Shag66 on September 14, 2006, 11:07:54 pm
He really said that Hoop?

My wife was more upset about it than I was.  I couldn't believe it.  I had to ask her if we heard the same thing.  UNFRIGGING BELIEVEABLE.  Who needs to make up stuff when Houston does crap like this.

HamHands

ARE YOU SERIOUS! What a tool. That is so inappropriate. Unbelievable if it is true.
One day at a time.

Shag66

It's like watching a train wreck fellas....  and nothing you can do but wait for the crash....

I said that once before about his ability to speak and it goes double now...

HOGSWEAT

psh, my bad i heard him wrong, dont go off on me, lol, he said it

Rider0375

Sometimes it ceases to amaze me how some of you people take things out of context just because you dislike a persons coaching.  I just lost my grandfather a couple months ago, it deffinetly would have taken my mind off of things to play ball if I had the option.  It wouldnt suprise me if Wes even asked Nutt to do this.

whatsshakinbacon

I just went back to my KTHV tivo of the interview and this was the quote...verbatim:

Houston Nutt:

"He's the oldest grandchild and the grandmother just felt like it was imperative that he stayed there throughout this time of their loss and the funeral is unfortunately 12:00 Saturday .... and I couldn't talk them out of moving it one day or the other it was already set and um as much as he wants to be here the family really wanted him there."

This is what I heard and saw on here, but the "I couldn't talk" was hard to decipher but I'm pretty sure that's what was said.

So am I to believe Houston Nutt asked the family to move the funeral?  I'm sorry, but if that's the case it's just disrespectful and wrong.

Bacon out...

Flatline

Quote from: MBHog on September 14, 2006, 11:09:22 pm
Quote from: MLH on September 14, 2006, 11:04:41 pm

go home

;D

Shag66

So asking greiving parents if they could change their fathers funeral for a football game is OK with you?

CiriusPorker

What a complete tool!  How can he say something so cold and heartless?!!?!?!?!?!

LAhog123

We don't know one way or the other but family should always come first, especially if they were close. Personally, if I lost my grandfather during football season, I think it would be hard to concentrate.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

PFR Alert!  PFR Alert!  PFR Alert!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Rider0375

Do you know the whole story?  Its possible that Wes asked him to do this.

Jumping to conclusions because you dont like someone's coaching is not very smart.

I dont like Nutt as a coach either, but I still refuse to jump to conclusions about stuff like this.

Richard_white

Marshfieldhog

Shag66

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 14, 2006, 11:14:46 pm

nah  he made amends and said he heard it wrong  EASY THERE BIG FELLA!

pseudorabies

Quote from: Rider0375 on September 14, 2006, 11:15:08 pm

Jumping to conclusions because you dont like someone's coaching is not very smart.

I dont like Nutt as a coach either, but I still refuse to jump to conclusions about stuff like this.

IF you saw it you would probably react different.

Doug

Quote from: Rider0375 on September 14, 2006, 11:11:26 pmSometimes it ceases to amaze me how some of you people take things out of context just because you dislike a persons coaching.
This has NOTHING to do with his coaching ability.  Trust us on this.  I shared this with my wife, who is NOT a college football fan.  Her jaw just about hit the floor absolutely incredulously.

Even my own boss (who tends to be a serious hard and cheap ass) gave me 10 days out of 14 days of paid time off when I had to bury my grandmother and uncle two consecutive days.  Berevement leave is 3 days unpaid, typically.

Might want to get your head outta the sunshine, so you can see what this is about.  Again, this has NOTHING to do with our like/dislike of the man.  Remember, he's a "good Christian man" (his words).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 14, 2006, 11:14:46 pm

easy, easy, i  misheard him, as if we needed another reason to be dissapointed in nutt

This isn't even in the top 5 of dumbass things Dale has said.

And it's still HORRIBLE.

GO VANDY!!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Flatline

The fact that he asked bothers me.  The family has lost a loved one.  HELLO.

TulsaHogFan

September 14, 2006, 11:16:55 pm #30 Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:47:29 pm by TulsaHogFan

Damn, this is the EXACT definition of a Houston Dale Nutt Apologist. 

I am not saying what happened was wrong, but damn if this doesn't explain it nothing will.

Shag66

My point is that HDN gets himself into more trouble with his own words than anyone I have seen this side of George W Bush...

CiriusPorker

Quote from: pseudorabies on September 14, 2006, 11:15:47 pm

IF you saw it you would probably react different.

There are NO excuses for nutt at this point..None whatsoever.  FIRE HIM 27 YEARS AGO!

HotRodHog

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 14, 2006, 11:12:00 pm
I just went back to my KTHV tivo of the interview and this was the quote...verbatim:

Houston Nutt:

"He's the oldest grandchild and the grandmother just felt like it was imperative that he stayed there throughout this time of their loss and the funeral is unfortunately 12:00 Saturday .... and I couldn't talk them out of moving it one day or the other it was already set and um as much as he wants to be here the family really wanted him there."

This is what I heard and saw on here, but the "I couldn't talk" was hard to decipher but I'm pretty sure that's what was said.

So am I to believe Houston Nutt asked the family to move the funeral?  I'm sorry, but if that's the case it's just disrespectful and wrong.

Bacon out...

Ditto Bacon
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

whatsshakinbacon

Somebody much smarter than me (that includes all of you slaps) needs to find a way to post the audio or video so we can see it...I don't think anybody can really believe this was said until they see / hear it for themselves.

Bacon out...

Shag66

That's why we have the big TEDDY BEAR!

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 14, 2006, 11:19:34 pm
Somebody much smarter than me (that includes all of you slaps) needs to find a way to post the audio or video so we can see it...I don't think anybody can really believe this was said until they see / hear it for themselves.

Bacon out...

CiriusPorker

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 14, 2006, 11:19:34 pm

Bacon out...

No kidding. UU told me about it - and I was completely shocked.  I'm really restraining myself from attacking his character right now.

Doug

Gotta have a video to get it up.  Remember, bud, I ain't local, so all they do is show lame Bullfrogdog and Yellowpissjacket junk here...
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Shag66

C'mon Douglas!  We know you work miracles!  ;)

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Rider0375 on September 14, 2006, 11:11:26 pm
Sometimes it ceases to amaze me how some of you people take things out of context just because you dislike a persons coaching.  I just lost my grandfather a couple months ago, it deffinetly would have taken my mind off of things to play ball if I had the option.  It wouldnt suprise me if Wes even asked Nutt to do this.
It never ceases to amaze me (what you were trying to say) that some of you people will make any excuse for this man.  We hear frequently about what a "good" man HDN is.  About his "high moral caliber".  Houston Dale Nutt is Bill Clinton without the winning and the blue dress.  The man will say anything to duck blame.  And, to grab any glory that comes this programs' way.  The man is a cancer on the body of the Razorbacks and must be removed before he kills it.

jackwalker

Pathetic. This is classic Nutt: Always thinking of himself.

Nutt knows he needs everything and everyone he can to win.  He doesn't care who or what he has to trample.
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

CiriusPorker

I am amazed that there are people who are actually defending him right now.

If Nutt could indicate that Wes wanted to skip the funeral or move the funeral he would have said that.

Nutt fricked up, plain and simple.

Most of you who are defending him did not EVEN see the interview.

Flatline

Quote from: HoopHog on September 14, 2006, 11:24:00 pm

Despite your desperate ploy to rationalize this guffaw.  The mere fact that Nutt did not have the presence of mind to choose his words carefully while on camera and allowed himself to say something so incredibly insensitive and ridiculously moronic is something that should leave you ghastly appalled.  The fact that this doesn't speaks volumes to the lack of basic common sense of so many fans out there.  It is clear that we are trying to rationalize to someone who is incapable of effectively connecting the dots.  Give your brain a rest and hit the beer bong.  Thinking is not your strong point...and don't press it with me right now.  I WILL EAT YOUR LUNCH ON THIS ONE!

Standing and clapping at this point.

HOGSWEAT

hoophog might even eat your soul.... dont mess with him on this one

idochog

Man HDN is a sack of ____________

Please someone call Jimmy Sexton and get this guy out of Arkansas.
I love Jesus!

Rider0375

Shag66

lol  I've seen him in Soul Eating mode...  you are right..  don't screw with him!  ;)

CiriusPorker

Just when you thought you've seen it all out of HDN...

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: HoopHog on September 14, 2006, 11:28:22 pm
Quote from: AR Taco04 on September 14, 2006, 11:27:05 pm
hoophog might even eat your soul.... dont mess with him on this one

LOL...Hey sorry we swarmed you Ar Taco.  Man, if only Herring's defense could blitz as quickly!

we could only hope! lol