Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris is a home run.

Started by ambien_sky, December 06, 2017, 08:44:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2017, 08:57:24 am
gotta love the new accounts that are obviously spin doctors.

he could win, it's possible. the houston AD and the HC from dallas, i get it.

But, a HOME RUN? c'mon , man. Like Kramer said, double at best.

Hey dipstick... You should take a 5 week self imposed Time-Out before you come back to the adult table...  Bad, Bad PIPPY...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jgcat4

Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

steveaustin69

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 06, 2017, 11:23:23 am
Deshaun Watson is from Gainesville, Georgia, and grew up a Georgia fan. That is 39 miles from Athens. Morris identified him as a top prospect before anyone else, and recruited him for three years. He was the best QB in college football last year and looked that way in the NFL among newcomers until his injury. Please don't rewrite history. He didn't persuade Watson to ``stay home.'' Home was UGa.

How dare you actually know what you're talking about.  That's not allowed 'round here.

jgcat4

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 06, 2017, 11:24:47 am
Hey dipstick... You should take a 5 week self imposed Time-Out before you come back to the adult table...  Bad, Bad PIPPY...  ;)

Hey son get off my boy PiP. We sit at the grown up table whenever we want
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on December 06, 2017, 11:19:08 am
You're right. He had the same resources at SMU that he will have at Arkansas for recruiting and exposure. There's no sign that he might have had SMU on the rise and that he could turn us around as well. I will just go into this with a negative mindset like I do for everything else that happens in my life.

No negative mindset, he might turn out to be great.

But I'm not gonna blow smoke up people's arsses nor do I want it blown up mine.

I'm not impressed with the hire, which of course matters not in the grand scheme, but we'll see.

Who he gets as DC will either settle me on him or not, so again we'll see.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hog Spread

December 06, 2017, 11:29:33 am #105 Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:50:16 pm by Hog Spread
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2017, 08:57:24 am
gotta love the new accounts that are obviously spin doctors.

he could win, it's possible. the houston AD and the HC from dallas, i get it.

But, a HOME RUN? c'mon , man. Like Kramer said, double at best.

I'll take a spin doctor over A half Spun prediction any day. Some of you that live in glass houses really should put your rocks down.

bkjbearcat

I'll give him a chance. Wasn't my first choice. but not my last.

People thought Bert was a HR hire too. Only to strike out every time he was at the plate. Hopefully this guys is the coach and recruiter everyone says he is.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

AirWarren

1. Great record as a high school coach in 4a Texas. Including 3 state titles.
2. Great record as OC at Tulsa.
3. AMAZING record as OC at Clemson. Including bowl wins, BCS BOWL BIRTH. He also played a huge role in getting Deshawn Watson. If you don't know who that is then you're an idiot.
4. Mediocre record at SMU. HOWEVER, SMU is a Vanderbilt. With Vanderbilt standards. Also, it may be decades ago Now, but they received the DEATH PENALTY as a program and have never recuperated. And the power of Texas shifted and they could never keep up.
5. He knows the south and it's recruiting hot beds. And he is a big name in Texas. We need Texas athletes even if it's "leftovers" from other Texas schools.
6. He runs power spread. Dual threat QBs with an emphasis in a strong run game.

It's not a Bobby Petrino. Or even Bret Bielema(Home run hire based off whisky resume) but this guy is going to score some points.

I'm willing to give him a go with an anticipated rough first season ha.

While it's not a sexy hire, he sure has some big game experience and recruiting experience. Bielema was a sexy big name hire and well.....didn't pan out.

OkieBack

Quote from: jgcat4 on December 06, 2017, 11:25:34 am
In a game of wiffle ball

I am loving this talk.  Why?  Because with such low expectations there is no way to go but up.  I feel bad that Morris isn't getting the warm and fuzzy welcome wagon from the full Razorback Nation, but you know...this way he will see immediately what he is up against. 

Morris needs to understand this is not a happy fan base right now.  If he has any inclination of bringing in a half-arsed DC to simply get by he will be mistaken.  He should understand that not for one minute is his offensive prowess going to win him games early on at Arkansas.  He better be prepared to go to war for the Razorbacks, both on offense and especially on defense.  No exceptions.

The_Iceman

Quote from: je100 on December 06, 2017, 10:38:45 am
Third year at SMU on a total rebuild.  Inherited a power ranking of 126 out of 128.  Finished 2017 with an RPI of 44.  Would have put him in 7th in the SEC, which is of course upper half.

Sounds like a home run to me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2291491-college-football-rankings-2014-power-ranking-all-128-teams-post-regular-season
http://realtimerpi.com/college_football/ncaaf_power_rankings.html

But der duh dee dum he uh had a um losing record at SMU duuuuhh.

RME

Quote from: elkhog on December 06, 2017, 11:35:02 am
Yes it is.

https://247sports.com/college/southern-methodist/Season/2017-Football/Commits

Let's look at what he did as a head coach, not a Clemson OC.

Which brings me to the question I've asked you already and you skirted a response.

Is recruiting to Arkansas more like recruiting to Clemson or SMU?

Memhogs

I thought we got hit in the crotch with a pitch. But im feeling a little better today. At least we get to take a base. Lets hope he's a good base runner
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

AirWarren

Quote from: elkhog on December 06, 2017, 11:35:02 am
Yes it is.

https://247sports.com/college/southern-methodist/Season/2017-Football/Commits

Let's look at what he did as a head coach, not a Clemson OC.

Save it.

SMU is Vanderbilt.

SMU received the death penalty and never recovered. TCU, TTU, and Houston passed them in the Texas ranks and are still winning for the most part. Baylor. Yeah Baylor was dominant but look at the cost. They were one BJ away from death penalty too.

If Arkansas has the resources, facilities, money, and attraction that All nwa people clamor about, then he will win. If not. Then we need to take a long look in the mirror that this might be a arkansas problem. Not a coach problem.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on December 06, 2017, 11:34:01 am
You're response has been the exact opposite of positive. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that qualifies as a negative reaction.

Morris is not the show stopping hire of the century but when you do your research he seems to be more than capable and we might have gotten a steal. Not saying you have to be shouting from the mountain tops but give the guy a chance.

What would your mindset be if you just accepted a job and read all the posts that you have been posting?

Just be happy Bert is gone and we have something positive to look forward to.

First off he's not reading anybody's posts on here. Second I don't care if he does, this is a university and program I want to see succeed so I'm not concerned with his feelings, I'm concerned how much he wins.

As far as negativity yes I do have a negative reaction, I'm not impressed. However, I am open to the fact it might work out in the end so no I don't have a negative mindset, which is what you initially accused me of.

See the difference?

elkhog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on December 06, 2017, 10:33:37 am
Might want to brush up on SMU's history in recruiting; doesn't matter who the coach is 4*s are not gonna be lining up to play for a dumpster fire program.  What does the metroplex have to do with anything?  Sure, there's a lot of talent. There's also TCU 20 miles away.  If you want to be mad about the hire and nitpick negatives that is your prerogative.

We have been a dumpster fire since Petrino's firing. 
This guy is being promoted as a great + for our program since he can recruit Texas so well.  I'm not seeing it, and as you pointed out, why would they come here when there are so many other schools close to home they could go to?

So, losing record as head coach, below average recruiting @ SMU and in AAC. 
GO HOGS!!!

steveaustin69

Quote from: OkieBack on December 06, 2017, 11:33:53 am
I am loving this talk.  Why?  Because with such low expectations there is no way to go but up.  I feel bad that Morris isn't getting the warm and fuzzy welcome wagon from the full Razorback Nation, but you know...this way he will see immediately what he is up against. 

Morris needs to understand this is not a happy fan base right now.  If he has any inclination of bringing in a half-arsed DC to simply get by he will be mistaken.  He should understand that not for one minute is his offensive prowess going to win him games early on at Arkansas.  He better be prepared to go to war for the Razorbacks, both on offense and especially on defense.  No exceptions.

This is an unintentionally hilarious post.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 06, 2017, 11:41:10 am
First off he's not reading anybody's posts on here. Second I don't care if he does, this is a university and program I want to see succeed so I'm not concerned with his feelings, I'm concerned how much he wins.

As far as negativity yes I do have a negative reaction, I'm not impressed. However, I am open to the fact it might work out in the end so no I don't have a negative mindset, which is what you initially accused me of.

See the difference?

You literally just said above you weren't being negative. If you want to whine over the minor semantics between the word reaction and mindset, go right ahead. All in all, cry to someone who cares; get that tempter tantrum out of your system

elkhog

Quote from: AP85 on December 06, 2017, 11:39:00 am
Save it.

SMU is Vanderbilt.

SMU received the death penalty and never recovered. TCU, TTU, and Houston passed them in the Texas ranks and are still winning for the most part. Baylor. Yeah Baylor was dominant but look at the cost. They were one BJ away from death penalty too.

If Arkansas has the resources, facilities, money, and attraction that All nwa people clamor about, then he will win. If not. Then we need to take a long look in the mirror that this might be a arkansas problem. Not a coach problem.

Bull crap.  It's not a facilities problem.  It's a coach problem.  Always is.
GO HOGS!!!

Sivad

Quote from: elkhog on December 06, 2017, 11:41:12 am
losing record as head coach, below average recruiting @ SMU and in AAC. 
Bad choice; Bad timing; Bad boogie.

RME

Quote from: elkhog on December 06, 2017, 11:44:35 am

Still waiting on your response to my question.

elkhog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 06, 2017, 11:36:39 am
Which brings me to the question I've asked you already and you skirted a response.

Neither.  Arkansas is near bottom in SEC.  Need a big name or very persuasive coach to get recruits here.  I'm not seeing either in this hire.
GO HOGS!!!

elkhog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 06, 2017, 11:45:24 am
Still waiting on your response to my question.

And I don't follow you or your response so learn patience.
GO HOGS!!!

RME

Quote from: elkhog on December 06, 2017, 11:49:17 am
Neither.  Arkansas is near bottom in SEC.  Need a big name or very persuasive coach to get recruits here.  I'm not seeing either in this hire.

So, is recruiting to Arkansas more similar to recruiting to a school like Clemson (large public school, P5, elite facilities, high revenue streams) or SMU (small, very expensive private school with high academic standards, G5, G5 facilities)?

steveaustin69

Quote from: elkhog on December 06, 2017, 11:49:17 am

It has to be one or the other, buddy.  You know you're wrong and don't want to answer the question ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

transplant

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 06, 2017, 11:51:05 am
So, is recruiting to Arkansas more similar to recruiting to a school like Clemson (large public school, P5, elite facilities, high revenue streams) or SMU (small, very expensive private school with high academic standards, G5, G5 facilities)?
Is recruiting to SMU in the three years prior to Morriss like recruiting to SMU during Morriss.  Cause he didn't make it any better after he got there.  Hope he hires some recruiters, he needs them.

OkieBack

Quote from: steveaustin69 on December 06, 2017, 11:41:28 am
This is an unintentionally hilarious post.

I'm glad SOMEBODY sees some humor in this hire.  Best to laugh to keep from crying...

PLHawg

Most of the bitchers on here haven't even done any research on the guy, they just look at his w/l record at SMU.  Btw, SMU would probably be a 9 or 10 win team next season if he had stayed.  Kiffin was never coming here, he's holding out for a splashier name.  No one will convince me that Norvell is a better option, plus evidently he has some skeletons that precluded any other offers including ours.  Who does that leave?  Leach and Venables pretty much.  Venables is biding his time, making 2 mil per and waiting until Dabo takes over for Saban.  Everyone raising hell about Morris aren't giving any options other than the ones mentioned above that would have been a sexy, but realistic hire.  This guy is going to put points on the board, there is no doubt about that, and we are going to give him the $ to hire a top-notch DC.  Even though he wasn't my first pick, he's got a very impressive resume and I think can do great things here.

Bigfoot

The more research I do, the more I love this hire.

The_Iceman

Quote from: elkhog on December 06, 2017, 11:44:35 am

No matter the coach or the level of suuccess, Arkansas has always been about the same in terms of recruiting rankings.

What separates the coaches is their ability to identify and develop talent.

steveaustin69

Quote from: transplant on December 06, 2017, 11:53:49 am
Is recruiting to SMU in the three years prior to Morriss like recruiting to SMU during Morriss.  Cause he didn't make it any better after he got there.  Hope he hires some recruiters, he needs them.

If you expect a guy to come into SMU and start pulling four stars because he's proven elsewhere he's a good recruiter, I really can't help you. It's almost like a part of what goes into recruiting is identifying talent (see improving record.) Also Morris. Good grief, man.

OkieBack

Quote from: Bigfoot on December 06, 2017, 12:01:04 pm
The more research I do, the more I love this hire.

Research all you want.  But the AAC is not the SEC.  Once he can do it on the field at Razorback Stadium then I'll ease up on the guy.  Until then, I'm waiting optimistically but I'm not holding my breath.  I'll know more about my expectations once he gets in and names his coaches, primarily DC.  DC is where its at with Morris.

code red

Quote from: rob99SS on December 06, 2017, 09:02:25 am
He's a great coach and his offense is perfect for Arkansas. Bielema was a terrible fit and I said so when he was hired. If Hogville wasn't such a hive mind and each poster could do their own individual research, they'd find out how good of a coach Morris is. 
We will play at least 4 teams in the conference that run the spread.  If we do not improve a defense that was terrible.  Next year will be more of the same.  Our defense will have to be twice as good and in much better shape to deal with a offense that gives you little to no rest.  I understand we are stacking our eggs in one basket, we will see. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 06, 2017, 12:15:06 pm
Dude there's honestly not anything I could give a shite less about than you thinking I'm being negative.

Compared to Morris pillow biters like you I'm sure I do sound negative.

Ahhh homophobic insults.  That what you're resorting to now?  Good looks all around for you, bud.

azhog10

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 06, 2017, 11:36:39 am

SMU....have you seen our program this decade? More SMU like seasons than Clemson seasons.

elkhog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on December 06, 2017, 11:53:19 am
It has to be one or the other, buddy.  You know you're wrong and don't want to answer the question ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No it doesn't.  Maybe in your mind.  I answered what I believe.
GO HOGS!!!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: steveaustin69 on December 06, 2017, 12:19:15 pm
Ahhh homophobic insults.  That what you're resorting to now?  Good looks all around for you, bud.

Awe did I hurt your feelings?

Don't fling insults yourself if you don't want them flung back, bud.

elkhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 06, 2017, 12:01:05 pm
No matter the coach or the level of suuccess, Arkansas has always been about the same in terms of recruiting rankings.

What separates the coaches is their ability to identify and develop talent.

I agree with that.  It all falls under the coach.
GO HOGS!!!

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 06, 2017, 12:22:14 pm
Awe did I hurt your feelings?

Don't fling insults yourself if you don't want them flung back, bud.

Said you were negative (which you yourself admitted you are) and to cry elsewhere.  Just hilarious you have to resort to name calling; that's what children do.

hawgXi

Quote from: ambien_sky on December 06, 2017, 08:44:19 am
The people who are upset about this hire aren't paying attention.  He will bring a dangerous offense to Arkansas,  and the fact that he is targeting Brent Venables (whether he gets him or not)  shows he is serious about a good defensive coordinator.  I also think he will be a great recruiter.  I suggest everyone go watch some videos of Clemson when he was offensive coordinator,  and SMU,  and look at his offensive schemes.  He is a great offensive mind.  I, for one, am excited about this hire.

Check out what the Clemson board thinks about the hire:    //  https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Some-Arky-fans-aint-so-happy-gettin-The-Chad-1763388?tstart=0

I expect venables to remain at clemson & watch his son play linebacker for the national championship tigers.

Mjs84

The teenage girls on Hogville will be more satisfied to find they are right about their assesment of Coach Morriss than to enjoy a winning Razorback season.  It really cracks me up, and keeps me coming back for more.  And to all the teenage girls out there, nobody is going to scold you when you flip and fall in love with this guy..  But go ahead, get it all out!

RME

Quote from: azhog10 on December 06, 2017, 12:20:28 pm
SMU....have you seen our program this decade? More SMU like seasons than Clemson seasons.

Sure, forget the multiple other reasons I listed apart from records.

OkieBack

Quote from: hawgXi on December 06, 2017, 12:27:28 pm
I expect venables to remain at clemson & watch his son play linebacker for the national championship tigers.

Ditto.  I think the fact that Venables was mentioned is just smoke to ease and calm those who aren't exactly on board with a Morris hire.  It will take a helluva DC hire to quell the naysayers and understandably so... 

azhog10

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 06, 2017, 12:43:29 pm
Sure, forget the multiple other reasons I listed apart from records.
Regionally it's more like SMU, past conference affiliations it's more like SMU, those are just two besides record. Where the teams sit in their conference in terms of ranking is another.

HawgWyld

Quote from: ambien_sky on December 06, 2017, 08:44:19 am
The people who are upset about this hire aren't paying attention.  He will bring a dangerous offense to Arkansas,  and the fact that he is targeting Brent Venables (whether he gets him or not)  shows he is serious about a good defensive coordinator.  I also think he will be a great recruiter.  I suggest everyone go watch some videos of Clemson when he was offensive coordinator,  and SMU,  and look at his offensive schemes.  He is a great offensive mind.  I, for one, am excited about this hire.

Check out what the Clemson board thinks about the hire:    //  https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Some-Arky-fans-aint-so-happy-gettin-The-Chad-1763388?tstart=0

You know what's funny? This might be absolutely true. Then again, it might not. It's just impossible to tell what a new coach will bring to the program. If there were an accurate science to it, picking a winning coach wouldn't be so incredibly difficult.

Frankly, I hope Morris does very well here...

seasonhog

Quote from: johnfanman on December 06, 2017, 08:57:54 am
Home run in pee wee league possibly.

Yes,......most on this board thought Bielema was a home run.....he could not hit a single......

Bigfoot

azhog10

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: steveaustin69 on December 06, 2017, 12:27:07 pm
Said you were negative (which you yourself admitted you are) and to cry elsewhere.  Just hilarious you have to resort to name calling; that's what children do.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelers, go find your safe spot.

Don't come on here talking crap telling people with genuine concerns about this hire they're crying and throwing tantrums when they voice those concerns.

If you do though at least be man enough to take what you receive in return without complaining about people calling you bad names.

Sounds to me like you're the one crying.

Razor1997

Everyone keeps saying he is a home run in wiffle ball.

That sounds like a compliment though when you think about it.  It's a lot harder to hit home runs in wiffle ball than in regular baseball.  For one, the ball doesn't travel as far when you hit it because the holes create additional drag forces, and also wiffle ball pitchers can throw all those wild curveballs that break at a 90 degree angle.

Just putting that out there.