Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

who will be our biggest rival?

Started by tahlahog, December 14, 2007, 12:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tahlahog

We started a fight this year with LSU.

Houston is at Ole Miss.

TT used and rejected us and now we hire his enemy in petrino.

We may have finally become the Texas of the old SWC.  everyone will want to beat us.

hoosier

Hell, let's just beat ALL OF 'EM!!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

DeltaBoy

My hate'm list
UT X 2
Ole Miss since Nutt is there.
Auburn since TT played us.
LSWHO because of the boot.

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LAHOGG

I would say it can now be either Ohio St or USocal or Florida.

LordStanleysHog

FL_Hog_Fan

Texas (sorry, always will be for me)
LSwho
What were we arguing about anyway?

Razorhogs

realpig

I think we are pretty much the center of the target for everyone.  It will be that much sweeter to win!

Me personally...Texas.
Successful people do what unsuccessful people dislike doing.  It's not that they like doing them, but their strength of purpose is greater than their dislike of doing them.

OldArmy94

The Great Hambino

add Bama to the list.  Pissing contest between who is the bigger coach.

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

BrooklynRoss

Don't forget KY, to whom we owe a savage beating.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

flynhog

ole miss..............for not hiring Nutty Buddy sooner! 

i dont hate any school. But the face of the school has become the head coach. so i guess the question is which head coach do i dislike the most.  Saban, Fulmer, and Meyer are the top 3, but you cant blame them for doing everything in their power for making their team as good as possible.

everyone in college football looks up to the SEC.  They're going to look up to us even more after spring practice.

the one they hate the most is going to be the Hogs and Petrino after he beats their collective a$$es for the next several years, wins the west 5 of the next 10 years and gets us into lots of BCS games.  i see a dynasty emerging.  not the dy-nasty tctjgf left us.

WOOOOOOOOO PIGGGGGG!
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Bacon The Saddle Again

I think it will be LSU.  The boot.  The last game often decides the fate of the division.  Both schools now have the potential (dare I use that word?) to be top 15 programs simultaniously. (check spelling)

HogGod

It's kind of funny that we had to start some fight to get these rivalaries going.  That's the one thing that I felt we never had in the SEC, a natural rival.  That is the reason they started this whole boot thing in the first place.  But, I think rivalries have to evolve.  You can't just put a trophy out there and call it a rivalry.  The LSU thing is developing.  If we would have knocked them out of the NC then I think next year would have been even bigger, but alas they got in anyway.   Ole Piss is really going to heat up now.  Same with Auburn.  Alabama fans will probably be a bit more ugly to us because we had the audacity to hire an NFL coach.  I actually feel more like a part of the SEC because of this hire.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

DEVICEHIGH

The SEC West just got a lot more fun!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

corpitguy

I think LSU and Alabama will be our biggest rivals for the next 10 or 20 years.

lokopig

Quote from: LAHOGG on December 14, 2007, 12:22:44 pm
I would say it can now be either Ohio St or USocal or Florida.

I like that way of thinking. WPS!!!!!!!!!1

ThePorkmasterGeneral

Quote from: HogGod on December 14, 2007, 01:13:32 pm
Alabama fans will probably be a bit more ugly to us because we had the audacity to hire an NFL coach.  I actually feel more like a part of the SEC because of this hire.

As an Alabama fan, I can tell you that's not true. Alabama fans in general are pretty excited about your hire. There's not a lot of hate/criticism/envy on our part. We're very glad that Petrino came along along got those yaks at espn off Coach Saban's back, and that another coach had the nerve to tell the NFL where to go.

The talking heads are still having a difficult time coming to terms that the SEC is a better place to coach than most NFL teams. Bob Griese almost made me put my foot through my television the other day.

I wish you good luck with your new coach and hope you guys do well except when you play us. We'll see you guys next year.

LZH

Quote from: ThePorkmasterGeneral on December 14, 2007, 01:31:32 pm
As an Alabama fan, I can tell you that's not true. Alabama fans in general are pretty excited about your hire. There's not a lot of hate/criticism/envy on our part. We're very glad that Petrino came along along got those yaks at espn off Coach Saban's back, and that another coach had the nerve to tell the NFL where to go.

The talking heads are still having a difficult time coming to terms that the SEC is a better place to coach than most NFL teams. Bob Griese almost made me put my foot through my television the other day.

I wish you good luck with your new coach and hope you guys do well except when you play us. We'll see you guys next year.

Here, here!....and thanks for the well wishes.  Beat Auburn.

want2be

USC for stealing recruits

Aurburn for stealing recruits

Heck, Just make in anyone that crosses the fence.....Coach P, hope you recruit in their backyard too.

EastexHawg

My two favorite teams are now Arkansas...and whoever is playing Ole Miss. 

CusefaninAR

Why would LSU consider Arkansas a rival?  It's not like that loss cost them a shot at the national championship.  The Boot is just an attempt to manufacture a rivalry.  Alabama could care less about Arkansas.  Auburn might be the best chance at a rivalry, but it's a weak one.  Ole Miss wouldn't regard Arkansas as a rivalry game because they got our coach (good riddance). 

Arkansas should consider Ole Miss to be its biggest rival, but will it be reciprocated?  Doubtful.

SSgt.HOG98

texass, ole miss, bammer, and lsu. I HATE them all!

CusefaninAR

It's tough for anybody to consider you a rivalry game when you are middle of the pack.  Get to the top and you get noticed.  Example:  Arkansas-Kentucky back in Nolan's heyday.

Wild Bill Hog

Simple Swineman

LSU is perfect. We will never be the biggest rival of Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, or Miss State because they all have old, historic rivalries between each other. LSU does have history with Ole Miss, but Miss State will always be #1 on Ole Miss' list.

The LSU thing is developing and they will ultimately be our biggest rival. It has all the makings of a huge rivalry-- border states, last game of the season, division championships are often on the line when we play, you've got Miles calling us "Ar-Kansas." It's starting to brew up, but something really big needs to happen to piss off each other. Not sure what, but something needs to happen.

CusefaninAR

LSU would be a rivalry if both teams were ranked in the Top 10 or the game was consistently for the chance to go to the SEC Championship.  Arkansas isn't even on LSU's radar scope yet.  LSU regards Florida or Tennessee a bigger rivalry game than Arkansas.  Just because Arkansas wants a school to have a rivalry with doesn't mean that other school is going to cooperate. 

Talon

1.  Texas (it is unlikely I'll change my mind in this life)
2.  Alabama
3.  Ole Miss (new to my list, any questions as to why?)

I remember beating Texas 3 times in a row from 64-66.  If we could have only beat them in 69.

ark30inf

Quote from: tahlahog on December 14, 2007, 12:09:20 pm

Houston is at Ole Miss.

We may have finally become the Texas of the old SWC.  everyone will want to beat us.

Ole Miss is a doormat and is simply not a rival.  They have so many problems their rival is themselves.

LSU is going to be a rival.  Thats just gonna happen because we play each other at the end of the season and it usually means something.  We will break each other's hearts from time to time and that will do it.  We also are the two main SEC schools that bump into each other recruiting Texas.

Auburn will want to beat us worse than ever....but they are caught up in the Alabama hate and have little room for others.

It's going to be LSU in the long run.  The heart-breaking end of season losses we will give each other over time will guarantee it.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

snoblind

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 14, 2007, 01:49:13 pm
My two favorite teams are now Arkansas...and whoever is playing Ole Miss.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Others posted that we have no natural rivals in the SEC, and I think that is true.  Just like in the old SWC, to us Texas was THE rival, but I think A&M and Oklahoma were always bigger to them than us.  LSU, I guess has the best chance for us because the Mississippi and Alabama schools will always have each, SC is on the other side of the conference and has Clemson, and we don't play the other east schools every year.

WarEagle

I would imagine that next year the most electricity will be at the Arkansas-Ole Miss game and the Arkansas-Auburn game.  If you had cost LSU an SEC Championship or a shot at the MNC, that would be a bigger deal.

Rivalries take a long time to really sink in.  LSU-Auburn is a pretty good rivalry these days, and we have been playing really close, important games constantly for twenty years (and playing them on occasion since way back in 1901).

The thing with coaches switching teams adds a lot of heat for a few years, but it eventually fizzles out.  Auburn-Ole Miss was a big deal when we first took Tub, but not really anymore.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

Razorbackmedic

I12PLAY

1)espn and atlanta tie screw both!
2) lsu- we started a rivalry beating the number 1 team on their home turf plus we have the BOOT!
3) ole miss- hate to see that 1 as a rivalry that use to be my 2nd team in the sec til nutt went there--They recruited me 20 yrs ago. always liked ole miss
4)texas - traitional and that rivalry is an old 1
5) aub- tt will soon be forgotten
6) watch for this 1 to climb toward the top of the heap in the next few years tex a & m-- hope this 1 turns to be like ok and tex

Id like to see us play tex every yr always liked that game as my all time favorite matchup- i get butterflies when we play texas

7) Tennessee- every razorback fan hates tenn- i live in tn and hate them!  my wife is a tn fan that will always rank near the top in my household! we just cant get their number and have been on the short end of the stick with tn fla and ga- look for that to change with petrino but we may have to give him a couple of years

Razor(back) Ramon

Texas
Ole Miss
Tennesee
LSU
ESPN
Tim Tebow
When you participate in sporting events it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how drunk you get.  -Homer Simpson

Brent Morris

Is this why Arkansas hates Texas????

Arkansas is (21-55) against Texas

Average score: Arkansas  12.5  - Texas  22.6

Per decade
             W     L     T  PFPG  PAPG
  2000's     1     1     0  29.0  25.0
  1990's     2     1     0  19.3  22.7
  1980's     3     7     0  18.2  21.5
  1970's     2     8     0  14.3  26.4
  1960's     4     6     0  15.5  19.9
  1950's     4     6     0  14.1  18.8
  1940's     0    10     0   5.3  28.5
  1930's     5     3     0  17.8  12.8
  1920's     0     2     0   3.5  23.5
  1910's     0     5     0   1.4  33.4
  1900's     0     5     0   1.2  15.4
  1890's     0     1     0   0.0  54.0

HillCreature

Quote from: NolanForAD on December 14, 2007, 12:27:20 pm
  Trust me, Texas is green with envy over what we have.  Wouldn't you be if your team played nine teams each year the caliber of Baylor and Iowa St? 

Yes Texas must truly be envious. LOL. With their two year old national championship trophy over USC. I'm sure they would trade places with the "vaunted hogs" (LOL) anyday. Get a clue.

HillCreature

Quote from: snoblind on December 14, 2007, 03:12:02 pm

Just like in the old SWC, to us Texas was THE rival, but I think A&M and Oklahoma were always bigger to them than us.
Texas has two rivals in this order.

#1 OU
#2 aTm

Arkiesaw is Texas' rival just like Okie state is OU's rival. You figure it out.

hawgsav1

Quote from: CusefaninAR on December 14, 2007, 01:50:51 pm
Why would LSU consider Arkansas a rival?  It's not like that loss cost them a shot at the national championship.  The Boot is just an attempt to manufacture a rivalry.  Alabama could care less about Arkansas.  Auburn might be the best chance at a rivalry, but it's a weak one.  Ole Miss wouldn't regard Arkansas as a rivalry game because they got our coach (good riddance). 

Arkansas should consider Ole Miss to be its biggest rival, but will it be reciprocated?  Doubtful.

Actually, I see the Ole Miss game the opposite of the LSWho game.  LSWho doesn't really consider us a rival, but we do.  Ole MIss considers us a rival, but we really don't...sometimes it seems like we're the annoying stepchild who comes in and beats everyone up every once in a while, but doesn't really fit...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

taoteching

Quote from: tahlahog on December 14, 2007, 12:09:20 pm

Houston is at Ole Miss.

TT has a $6 million buyout in his contract with Auburn.  He is making over $3 million per year now.  He has a good staff in place.  He has a good team coming back. I am not surprised that he would want to (have to) at Auburn.

taoteching

LSU but we need to go undefeated and become national champions.

HappyFan

Our biggest rival will be ESPN.

:razorback: WPS

wacohog

Quote from: HillCreature on December 17, 2007, 05:28:21 am
Texas has two rivals in this order.

#1 OU
#2 aTm

Arkiesaw is Texas' rival just like Okie state is OU's rival. You figure it out.

This was not true in the SWC days.  The Okies were always big,  but not in the conference.  The Aggies were fairly consistently beaten by both the Horns and us.  Of course,  the Aggie War Hymn specifically mentions Texas,  so you can guess how that game figures into the aggie's  minds.

For many yrs,  the Tex/Ar game was THE deciding game in the SWC.  Don't kid yourself about what the game still means to older Texas fans...they still hate us as much as we hate them

HillCreature

Quote from: wacohog on December 17, 2007, 07:37:50 am
This was not true in the SWC days.  The Okies were always big,  but not in the conference.  The Aggies were fairly consistently beaten by both the Horns and us.  Of course,  the Aggie War Hymn specifically mentions Texas,  so you can guess how that game figures into the aggie's  minds.

For many yrs,  the Tex/Ar game was THE deciding game in the SWC.  Don't kid yourself about what the game still means to older Texas fans...they still hate us as much as we hate them

The OU game has always been bigger than the Arkie game for texas. More is at steak for the RRS (played at a nuetral site coincided with all kinds of activities for 60 or 70 years). Traditional powers playing every year for the right to compete for the NC. Not so much with the Arkie game. More of a regional SWC draw.

Dugann

I think Old miss just moved up to #1 just cause of the HDN connection IMO.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Tylerhog

Dark Horse; Texas A&M to develop with the new deal at Jerry Jones Stadium. LSU if we could beat them 3-4 years in a row. Texas does hate the Hogs but Okie 4 sure their bigger, I live in texas so I don't like losing to the tea sippers.

CrazrBack

LSU, Bama, Auburn,  and Tennessee are the games I look forward to..