Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tiger board (Missouri) talks about our matchup just click below photo:

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 15, 2007, 09:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

They sound exactly like Longhorn fans once they found out they would be playing us in the 2000 Cotton bowl...... 

TICKETS TO THE 2008 COTTON BOWL
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Brand X Hog Fan

They are kind of full of themselves aren't they?

I wunder how'd they like a good ol' country ass whoopin'?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on December 15, 2007, 09:25:56 pm

I wunder wow'd they like a good ol' country ass whoopin'?

They seem more occupied with wanting better competition rather than getting the "W" itself.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Brand X Hog Fan

Did they play the SEC this year at all? They might be in for a really rude awakening when the find out how hard it is to tackle McFadden for 60 minutes.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on December 15, 2007, 09:28:24 pm
Did they play the SEC this year at all? They might be in for a really rude awakening when the find out how hard it is to tackle McFadden for 60 minutes.

They Beat Ole Miss 38-25 the second game of their season.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

navyhog24

they beat ole miss and tried to make that sound like they're world beaters against the sec

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 15, 2007, 09:31:36 pm
they beat ole miss and tried to make that sound like they're world beaters against the sec

Sept. 1, 2007 at Illinois W 40-34 1-0
Sept. 8, 2007 at Ole Miss W 38-25 2-0
Sept. 15, 2007 Western Michigan W 52-24 3-0
Sept. 22, 2007 Illinois St. W 38-17 4-0
Oct. 6, 2007 Nebraska W 41-6 5-0 (1-0)
Oct. 13, 2007 at Oklahoma L 41-31 5-1 (1-1)
Oct. 20, 2007 Texas Tech W 41-10 6-1 (2-1)
Oct. 27, 2007 Iowa State W 42-28 7-1 (3-1)
Nov. 3, 2007 at Colorado W 55-10 8-1 (4-1)
Nov. 10, 2007 Texas A&M W 40-26 9-1 (5-1)
Nov. 17, 2007 at Kansas State W 49-32 10-1 (6-1)
Nov. 24, 2007 at Kansas W 36-28 11-1 (7-1)
Dec. 1, 2007 Oklahoma1 L 38-17 11-2 (7-2)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

4thdownnutt

I know for a fact they don't want anymore of Matt Jones  who made [CENSORED] of the big bad tiger d.  they better be thankful -- they haven't been to a jan 1 bowl game in 104 years.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on December 15, 2007, 09:25:56 pm

I wunder how'd they like a good ol' country ass whoopin'?

Actually, I read the guys post, and I agree with him.

They were ranked in the top 5 in the last week of the season.  They lost in a game that the NCAA should either do away with or make every conference have.....The conference championship game.

We, despite the fact that with a good coach we'd be in a BCS bowl, finished the season unranked.  To pair a team that should still be in the top 10 with an unranked team is an obvious slap in Mizzou's face, based on nothing more than their overall lack of tradition.

Do I think we'll beat them?  Yes.

Does Tiger Nation have a good point?  Yes.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

navyhog24

boo hoo. they got snubbed. it happens every year to some team. if they're b*tching they should join a conference thats even weaker than the big 12. they wouldnt last in the sec. we'd almost be in their position if we played in that conference.

PorkSoda

Should ask them what it would feel like to play oklahoma 6 or 7 times a year.  That's what its like in the SEC.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

4thdownnutt

if missery thinks they want a part of tenosea then they need to schedule a series and then see if they want to continue it after thaved had their heads handed to them about 10 times in a row.  I get the feeling they just think they want Tenosea.

haveabeer

Last I checked we were ranked 25th or 24th depending on the poll.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 15, 2007, 09:40:59 pm

They were ranked in the top 5 in the last week of the season.  They lost in a game that the NCAA should either do away with or make every conference have.....The conference championship game.

We, despite the fact that with a good coach we'd be in a BCS bowl, finished the season unranked.  To pair a team that should still be in the top 10 with an unranked team is an obvious slap in Mizzou's face, based on nothing more than their overall lack of tradition.

Oh, I agree! They should have gotten a better game but there is no need piling on Arkansas. For you Tigers that are visiting Hogville, we got the Cotton Bowl because:

1: Our fans pack the joint
2: We beat LSU and finished strong
3: Arkansas vs Missouri will sell a lot of beer as the media spins the "border war"
4: Darren McFadden
5: Felix Jones

aar0n

I didn't think you could actually hear crying through text until I read those

ekyle1

Little bi**hes better be happy 'cause next year they'll suck again!

Smokehouse

that board is so poorly set up, everytime someone posts a link to it I give up after a few minutes of trying to dig through it...
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hogdomer

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 15, 2007, 09:40:59 pm

They certainly got screwed.  They should be in the BCS over both Illinois (who they beat and have fewer losses than) and Kansas. 

We are ranked though, 24 in one poll and 25 in the other.

We also drilled Ole Miss, our only common opponent, so I don't think you can read much into that.

MizzouRah

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 15, 2007, 09:30:04 pm
They Beat Ole Miss 38-25 the second game of their season.

Tigerboard tends to get some of our let's say "more excited" and probably less thoughtful fans. 

Most Tiger fans are excited about the game and realize this will be a difficult test.

I will say that MU was way up on Ole Miss in that game and let them come back late to make it more competitive.

I would have liked a BCS Bowl but I have looked forward to a Cotton Bowl appearance before we had this breakthrough year.

This should be a big game for MU because if the Tigers win this one they may be preseason Top 5 next year.

HillCreature

Quote from: 4thdownnutt on December 15, 2007, 09:56:47 pm
if missery thinks they want a part of tenosea then they need to schedule a series and then see if they want to continue it after thaved had their heads handed to them about 10 times in a row.  I get the feeling they just think they want Tenosea.

Yeah, tennessee is a real powerhouse. Remind me,who thumped the "vaunted SEC east champ who almost beat LSU?" Ohh yeah it was a freaking middle of the pack, 6-loss Cal team. Man the SEC must be so tough.

HillCreature

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 15, 2007, 09:54:40 pm
Should ask them what it would feel like to play oklahoma 6 or 7 times a year.  That's what its like in the SEC.

Typical SEC propaganda. SEC is a great conference but maybe you should leave washington county once in awhile. There's a great big whole world out there.

losthawg68

i registered and posted on there but my account is suspended for a while and won't post.  i'll just copy and paste what i wrote on here.

you know you won't beat a top 15 team anyways.  you had two fluke seasons in a conf. so weak it might as well be D2.  how many people think of Mizzou when they think tigers? 12?  live the dream until new years day, then face reality.
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

losthawg68

Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

Sao Ming

Quote from: HillCreature on December 16, 2007, 01:17:02 am
Typical SEC propaganda. SEC is a great conference but maybe you should leave washington county once in awhile. There's a great big whole world out there.

Dude, seriously.  When you stepped out of the B12 N you went 1-2...even Colorado beat OU.

Keep talking.  Texas did in 2000 and...

nealeb

You guys do understand that the fans have no real affect on the game (other than cheering) and that their attitude about upcoming games will not help or hurt the team in any way?  You are acting like since the fans don't think very much about Arkansas that the team will act the same way...

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 15, 2007, 09:54:40 pm
Please... You should be thankful you are not playing Kansas.

mj4president

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 15, 2007, 09:31:36 pm

What? Ole Miss won ZERO games in the SEC hahahahaha. Ole' Missouri fans. Stupid as hell. "We'll show ya what a real team looks like"
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Sao Ming

Quote from: nealeb on December 16, 2007, 01:44:43 am

Please... You should be thankful you are not playing Kansas.

He does have a point here.  Even Vandy beat us once.  And in the future it will just dilute of SOS during a BCS hunt.  Give me Vandy.

mj4president

I hate boards where u cant view all the posts at one time it drives me nuts. Am I just missing something?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

theoutsider

Quote from: mj4president on December 16, 2007, 01:54:45 am
I hate boards where u cant view all the posts at one time it drives me nuts. Am I just missing something?

I agree. 

CurlyTail

Quote from: mj4president on December 16, 2007, 01:54:45 am

Nope that's just the way it is. I simply cannot use a board like that, it's franking ridiculous to have to sit there and click on each individual post.

mj4president

Quote from: CurlyTail on December 16, 2007, 01:59:59 am
Nope that's just the way it is. I simply cannot use a board like that, it's franking ridiculous to have to sit there and click on each individual post.

Damn that's crazy. I was goin to register and give them my 2 cents and thought it just wasn't worth it after all that clicking.

JLaws

"Fan is short for FANATIC! You people ARE INSANE!" - Colin Cowherd

"When you have the opportunity to be with the sexiest girl or the smartest football coach, you take it and worry about what happens if they leave when they leave." -writer's quote when UA hired Petrino

WindyCityHog

I have a theory....

Anyone else do the Bowl Confidence Picks.

The Hogs are ecstatic to be there....The Tigers aren't.

The Hogs will whip the Tigers in the Cotton.....because they're STILL lamenting over the FACT they couldn't beat the Sooners when given the second chance.

Flash in the pan.

Missouri will go back to being a huge college with no discernible football athletics once Chase Daniel realizes how good he is.

Tigers....you had your chance.....and blew it.

Buck up and make it a good bowl game.....or just STFU.

HillCreature

Quote from: Sao Ming on December 16, 2007, 01:36:03 am
Dude, seriously.  When you stepped out of the B12 N you went 1-2...even Colorado beat OU.

Keep talking.  Texas did in 2000 and...

And a freaking 6-6 cal team beat tennesse who beat y'all soundly. Seriously this SEC invented football and apple pie crap is re-tard-ed. Most of the SEC peeps can't observe a game objectively, everything is we'd have won about a hun-erd national champeenships if in we played in that joke of a conference. It just makes you all sound like you work for ESPN.

mj4president

Quote from: HillCreature on December 16, 2007, 02:29:27 am
And a freaking 6-6 cal team beat tennesse who beat y'all soundly. Seriously this SEC invented football and apple pie crap is re-tard-ed. Most of the SEC peeps can't observe a game objectively, everything is we'd have won about a hun-erd national champeenships if in we played in that joke of a conference. It just makes you all sound like you work for ESPN.

We will beat the hell out of yall. Yes this year the hogs would be the 2nd best team in the Big 12 and what we are 7th in the SEC? The Big 12 and all the others are jokes.  You beat the WORST team in the SEC by a whopping 12 POINTS at HOME. Keep tellin yourself that you are good. Come 2008 you will be going damn we just got ran over. We are about to SHOW you what a real piece of the SEC is like.

Sao Ming

Quote from: HillCreature on December 16, 2007, 02:29:27 am

I see you are still hurting.

http://www.ticketcity.com/BCS-National-Championship-LSU-vs-Ohio-State-Tickets-Superdome-January-7-7-00PM.html

Noone ever said you couldn't go to the BCSCG you know. 

Have fun! 

blacksuit

I read this:

QuoteCotton had a choice between Tennessee, Auburn, and Arkansas. They picked the lowest ranked team of the three.

Tennessee is a top 15 team. They are a big name team. They average over 100,000 fans per home game.

and decided not to read the rest.

HamShank

I hope we take these b*stards behind the woodshed on New Year's Day and show them that they've been pretenders all season with a pushover schedule.

PorcineSublime

At this point I would settle for a one point win. Lets face it, we have not been without distractions ourselves. Not that I think Reggie and DL could do any worse than TCTGF but it is not like BP will be on the sidelines calling plays. The big question is whether or not we can stop Chase. Our CB's and safeties have to seriously man up. If we get in a scoring contest, we might just end up in a buttwhipping. If we can stop them a few times and rediscover or motion and misdirection on offense, we could win big. Eihter way I would not talk too much smack from either side.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Kitten von Clawsewitz

QuoteI hope we take these b*stards behind the woodshed on New Year's Day and show them that they've been pretenders all season with a pushover schedule.

Sagarin strength of schedule ranking:

Missouri 25
Arkansas 64

Try again.
I have the best hair on this website.

FL_Hog_Fan

I do believe that we should be looking down our noses at a clearly inferior program.  This year (for once) they were good enough to go to the cotton bowl.  From my perspective, the cotton bowl is a let down.  I know that it isn't when you look at our season, but 8-4 is a minimum expected result for me.  Less means that we were really screwed up.  I thought for sure with this backfield, we would be playing in a better bowl this year.  They should be excited to be playing January 1st, while we should be pissed it's a 10:30 bowl.  This will be the case for years to come.  This is also why the SEC doesn't do as well in bowls as our clear superiority would imply.  We are the 6 or 7 team in the SEC; we are playing the runner up in the Big 12.  This is repeated all across the bowls.  I think that DMAC and Felix will kill them.  I don't think they have seen anything like it before.
What were we arguing about anyway?

mword

AndyTiger will eat his words. I believe the Hogs are going to run all over Missouri just like Kansas did.

jkstock04

The guy with the original post brought up all good points...not much to argue with there.  Also, if we were Missouri, and what happened to them happened to us, 99% of us here on Hogville would be extremely pissed about it and up in arms.  So baggin on the Missouri fans cause their upset for having to play us in the Cotton bowl doesn't make much sense to me.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: schweine on December 16, 2007, 10:19:17 am
AndyTiger will eat his words. I believe the Hogs are going to run all over Missouri just like Kansas did.
all i gotta say is...
//http://youtube.com/watch?v=kEW8_KVhDFE
nuff said

ched come back pls

jgphillips3

Didn't Kansas State have this same mindset a few years ago when they lost in the Big 12 title game and fell all the way out of the BCS and then stunk up their bowl game against that "inferior" competition?  Seems to be a Big 12 complex...

FL_Hog_Fan

What were we arguing about anyway?

PORKER1