Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallett to ucla

Started by urangajr2, January 03, 2008, 04:40:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

urangajr2

There is speculation out of Ann Arbor that freshman quarterback Ryan Mallett has decided to leave Michigan and will transfer to UCLA, according to a person close to the team.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080103/SPORTS17/265555016

mj4president

Quote from: raginwildfire on January 03, 2008, 04:46:03 pm
Youngblood and Wilson....all hope is not lost..we'll be fine!!

lol you don't understand. RM is John Elway compared to those two. Don't get your hopes to high on the qb's we have coming in. They = CD
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Wildhog

It may be true, but I'm not sure I believe this.  He wasn't happy at MI in the first place.  Why would he travel halfway across the country and risk the same situation?  He was raised a hog fan, and he'd be close to home here.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

mj4president

Quote from: Wildhog05 on January 03, 2008, 04:50:27 pm
It may be true, but I'm not sure I believe this.  He wasn't happy at MI in the first place.  Why would he travel halfway across the country and risk the same situation?  He was raised a hog fan, and he'd be close to home here.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

I'm with you. As being raised in Arkansas, I couldn't go all the way to California. Don't get me wrong UCLA is a great football school and loaded with hot women everywhere but I still couldn't go to California. I thought we would get him if he transfers but it isn't looking good.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

grayhawg

Quote from: mj4president on January 03, 2008, 04:50:08 pm
lol you don't understand. RM is John Elway compared to those two. Don't get your hopes to high on the qb's we have coming in. They = CD
Like chit, I've seen Wilson play he was better as a junior in high school than CD is now. I have not seen Youngblood in person, so I can't say about him. :razorback: :razorback:

mj4president

Quote from: grayhawg on January 03, 2008, 04:55:50 pm
Like chit, I've seen Wilson play he was better as a junior in high school than CD is now. I have not seen Youngblood in person, so I can't say about him. :razorback: :razorback:

Yea combined on their best day don't equal RM on his average day. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up with the qb's we have coming in. They can be ok but not great. RM can be great

grayhawg

Quote from: mj4president on January 03, 2008, 05:04:17 pm
Yea combined on their best day don't equal RM on his average day. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up with the qb's we have coming in. They can be ok but not great. RM can be great
We will know in 3 or 4 years how good they are in college.

Tomhog™

Heck the QB coach hasn't even been hired there.  He's not tranferred there yet.  I still think Arkansas would be his first choice, especially once it's cleared for Petrino and Ryan to talk. 

The_Hill

Can we stop talking about one stupid "source" that was posted that "speculated" on where he was going out of TOLEDO,OHIO.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

ksrazorback

Interesting little tid bit...

Fan Nation
http://www.fannation.com/throwdowns/show/90480

Petrino @ UA or Coach Rod @ UM?
Who will have the better career and which has the better shot to win the Title first? Coach P has the better winning record but didn't have the total games that Coach Rod has.

:razorback:  Go Coach P and come home RM (U will look good in     :razorback:    :razorback:  red!!!
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Coach Obvious

Tyler Wilson is NOT Casey Dick.

opineonswine

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on January 03, 2008, 05:27:15 pm
Tyler Wilson is NOT Casey Dick.

I AGREE.  In fact, that was a dumb statement and dumbness is illegal in Hogville.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: opineonswine on January 03, 2008, 05:29:29 pm
I AGREE.  In fact, that was a dumb statement and dumbness is illegal in Hogville.

Too bad you can't enforce that rule. lol

+1 to ya

grayhawg

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on January 03, 2008, 05:32:11 pm

+1 to ya
Opineoswine could enforce that rule if he wanted to. 3...2........1 ;D

yraciv

they>Casey Dick, but  I agree with your comparison of RM to them

NostraHogmus

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on January 03, 2008, 05:32:11 pm

+1 to ya

Wouldn't have this website if they did.....

The real Hogules

January 03, 2008, 06:32:16 pm #17 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:53:34 pm by The real Hogules
As I pointed out on the MMQB site, UCLA returns five QB's and has a committment from a four star QB for the February National signing date.

All hope is not lost!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hog_of_the_HILL

we have a four star and a three star committed to us.
It was worth the wait

Demaghog

January 03, 2008, 07:59:38 pm #19 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:28:57 pm by Demaghog
If you actually read the article it doesn't say anything definitive.

The editor just gave it an overhyped headline.

opineonswine

Strong word I am getting is Mallett is NOT going to UCLA....or Arkansas.

Hog_of_the_HILL

then  where is he going? anm?
It was worth the wait

catdog12

why do ya'll love ryan so much?
he has a good arm,should be pitching for the redbirds.

mj4president

Quote from: catdog12 on January 03, 2008, 09:53:26 pm
why do ya'll love ryan so much?
he has a good arm,should be pitching for the redbirds.

Exactly a good arm.

Oliver

Oliver

Quote from: opineonswine on January 03, 2008, 09:29:30 pm

Texas A&M?

stronguard

UCLA thing is a rumor.....nothing more.

U of A or Tx A&M, bank it.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

jgphillips3

Didn't UCLA just hire Mr. instant NCAA investigation (and yes I know he was cleared of one of them)?  I could understand him going to USC or CAL, but UCLA?  It worked for Aikman, but I think it would be a mistake for him.  If he doesn't come to Arkansas, I hope he makes a better choice than UCLA.

The Boar War

Quote from: opineonswine on January 03, 2008, 09:29:30 pm

Where is he going or is he not going?

ezraboss

MJ2

In two years you could see a Mustain led USC team taking on a Mallett led UCLA team and the culprit of all this leading the Ole Miss Rebels into oblivion.

Footnote- A Kodi Burns led team wins the SEC that year and plays USC for the NC.

stronguard

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 03, 2008, 10:55:58 pm

Send it to the rumors forum

They don't give me that kind of power or I would. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: MJ2 on January 04, 2008, 08:11:00 am
In two years you could see a Mustain led USC team taking on a Mallett led UCLA team and the culprit of all this leading the Ole Miss Rebels into oblivion.

Footnote- A Kodi Burns led team wins the SEC that year and plays USC for the NC.

That's funny.

But, since Nutt is good at running off quarterbacks or ignoring top QB recruits, maybe he'll run a few over this way since he's in Mississippi now.

Picture in your mind a hunting dog running rabbits out of the bushes. Maybe he'll flush a bunch of quarterbacks over this way in the next few years.

Hawgballz

Quote from: MJ2 on January 04, 2008, 08:11:00 am

Mustain is the only one you hit on the head.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!