Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HUNH huggers

Started by hogfan1, November 30, 2006, 01:08:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan1

One thing that bothers me about all the HUNH huggers, is that they claim that MM and other players (who were recruited to help the passing game) are going to transfer because we aren't running the HUNH, but when someone replies with the obvious point that the strength of the team is the running backs, they argue that HUNH isn't about passing, that you can run any kind of play out of it.  So I guess we are to believe that all these players that are unhappy, aren't supposedly unhappy because we aren't throwing the ball enough, but because we are huddling between running plays. 

Oh, one other point that bothers me about the HUNH huggers is that they claim that we should use it because it worked so well against USC at the end of the game.  What they fail to point out is that that drive was about five plays long, and after the only first down of the dirve, we HUDDLED. 

Hong Kong Sooey

This user is currently ignored.

And I continue to be glad of that fact...

hogfan1

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 30, 2006, 01:11:36 am

And I continue to be glad of that fact...

Well then quit posting in every thread I start.

Hong Kong Sooey

Wow, it still works!!

Richard_white

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 30, 2006, 01:16:16 am

Wow, it still works!!

Odus readers are posting here strong lately. 

hogfan1

Great replies.  You guys really shot my post down. 

Richard_white

Quote from: hogfan1 on November 30, 2006, 01:23:05 am

Maybe next time you can do less flaming on posters and just give your opinion about the HUNH. 

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Richard_white on November 30, 2006, 01:24:44 am

Maybe next time you can do less flaming on posters and just give your opinion about the HUNH. 
Did someone say something in here?  I thought it was just you and I, Richard...

PAHOGFAN

Richard_white

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 30, 2006, 01:27:02 am
Quote from: Richard_white on November 30, 2006, 01:24:44 am

Did someone say something in here?  I thought it was just you and I, Richard...

Sorry I had a bad smell came my way.  An Odus type smell.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: hogfan1 on November 30, 2006, 01:08:50 amSo I guess we are to believe that all these players that are unhappy, aren't supposedly unhappy because we aren't throwing the ball enough, but because we are huddling between running plays. 

Somebody please address the statement above.

dotnet

I don't know if I agree with hogfan1, but I don't think yall should react to him the way ya'll have.

Nutt haters aren't superior hog fans.  Huggers love the hogs just as much, they just have a different opinion of things on the hill (or they choose not to believe people who they have never met). 

If a darksider can post something that attacks what Nutt is doing, the hugger should be able to post something that defends Nutt. 

From a Hugger's point of view (which I'm not), I can see where they would say the following:
Let's take out the two years that Nutt predicted were going to be bad because of the cloud.
That leaves us with seven years (including this one).
In those seven years, Nutt has won at least nine games 4 times (with this one being whatever it ends up).
Nutt has taken us to a bowl every year.
He has beaten Auburn several times, been to 2 SEC championship games, beaten Texas 2 out of 3 times, etc.

I'm not saying I agree.  I'm honestly okay with Nutt staying.  But I also got to the point where I wasn't going to cry if he left sometime on or before 2003. 

My point: huggers, though different, add something to the board.  I think they should be allowed to express their opinions just as much as anyone else.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogfan1 on November 30, 2006, 01:08:50 am
One thing that bothers me about all the HUNH huggers, is that they claim that MM and other players (who were recruited to help the passing game) are going to transfer because we aren't running the HUNH, but when someone replies with the obvious point that the strength of the team is the running backs, they argue that HUNH isn't about passing, that you can run any kind of play out of it.  So I guess we are to believe that all these players that are unhappy, aren't supposedly unhappy because we aren't throwing the ball enough, but because we are huddling between running plays. 

Oh, one other point that bothers me about the HUNH huggers is that they claim that we should use it because it worked so well against USC at the end of the game.  What they fail to point out is that that drive was about five plays long, and after the only first down of the dirve, we HUDDLED. 
Good post with good points about the players only being concerned about the Huddle part of the HUNH.  Sorry for the other two jokers.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PAHOGFAN

That is foolish.  That is someone trying to spin things to make the kids look bad AGAIN!  Look if I were in their shoes, I wouls want to be able to showcase my talents like I was told I would during recruiting.  If all of a sudden the coach gets the big head and deviates from the intended plan, then yes I would be pissed.  Why spend your time somewhere that you are not appreciated or that you wont get show what you can do when given teh propper chance?

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: dotnet on November 30, 2006, 01:32:28 am
I don't know if I agree with hogfan1, but I don't think yall should react to him the way ya'll have.

Nutt haters aren't superior hog fans.  Huggers love the hogs just as much, they just have a different opinion of things on the hill (or they choose not to believe people who they have never met). 

If a darksider can post something that attacks what Nutt is doing, the hugger should be able to post something that defends Nutt. 

From a Hugger's point of view (which I'm not), I can see where they would say the following:
Let's take out the two years that Nutt predicted were going to be bad because of the cloud.
That leaves us with seven years (including this one).
In those seven years, Nutt has won at least nine games 4 times (with this one being whatever it ends up).
Nutt has taken us to a bowl every year.
He has beaten Auburn several times, been to 2 SEC championship games, beaten Texas 2 out of 3 times, etc.

I'm not saying I agree.  I'm honestly okay with Nutt staying.  But I also got to the point where I wasn't going to cry if he left sometime on or before 2003. 

My point: huggers, though different, add something to the board.  I think they should be allowed to express their opinions just as much as anyone else.
He can express all he wants.  I also have the right to click his ignore button.  This particular poster spends the majority of his time trying to start fights with other posters, not "defending Nutt".  I don't give a fat rat's behind what he has to say, and it is my privilege to say so.

Richard_white

Quote from: BeoPig on November 30, 2006, 01:34:46 am

Good post with good points about the players only being concerned about the Huddle part of the HUNH.  Sorry for the other two jokers.

He came on here to flame BeoPig.  I'm sorry you don't see it my way but you have that choice. 

If he came on here to state his opinion on the hunh than some of the posters like myself wouldn't be flaming back.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Richard_white on November 30, 2006, 01:37:15 am

He came on here to flame BeoPig.  I'm sorry you don't see it my way but you have that choice. 

If he came on here to state his opinion on the hunh than some of the posters like myself wouldn't be flaming back.

I agree with that he should have left off the part about the HUNH fans and this would have been a very good post, but the fact that he included that does not make his point any less real.  I wish I had a dollar for every post that poked at the other side to prove a point.  Shat I wish I had a dollar for every time you, HKS and I did it.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Hong Kong Sooey

What particularly is good about it?  The part where he argues a moot point?  Or the part where he talks about something he obviously knows little about?  The HUNH is not an issue.  We aren't running it.  Did one of you boys miss that part of the story?  It's moot.  And, amazingly, you CAN huddle occasionally and still run the HUNH offense.  The huddle certainly was not the important part of that drive.  Now, was it?  No, the pressure generated by the four plays where we didn't huddle was the key.  And guess what...I'll take a 5 play 80 yard drive for a TD all day every day. 

Pork Twain

Would you take a 7 play 80 yard drive all day long?

Why the heck are you old guys up so late???  Where I am at it is only 4:52 p.m.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: BeoPig on November 30, 2006, 01:47:53 am
Does it score a TD?  I've seen more than my share of impressive drives that stop just short of there goal under Dale the Wonder Weasel.  If a TD for Arkansas is the result, then yes. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 30, 2006, 01:49:56 am
Does it score a TD?  I've seen more than my share of impressive drives that stop just short of there goal under Dale the Wonder Weasel.  If a TD for Arkansas is the result, then yes. 
It was the first drive that Arkansas scored on last week and it was mostly running the ball with FJ and Dmac BEING the offense.  I think the ball should be in one of their hands a majority of the game.  Sure I would love to see us pass more but I would rather see those guys control the game.

Richard_white

Quote from: BeoPig on November 30, 2006, 01:53:10 am
It was the first drive that Arkansas scored on last week and it was mostly running the ball with FJ and Dmac BEING the offense.  I think the ball should be in one of their hands a majority of the game.  Sure I would love to see us pass more but I would rather see those guys control the game.

I for one love to have a decent passing game.  If we had one than DMac and Jones would be unstoppable.  To bad that we don't.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Richard_white on November 30, 2006, 01:55:17 am

I for one love to have a decent passing game.  If we had one than DMac and Jones would be unstoppable.  To bad that we don't.
I agree with that 100% and I would love to see us us multiple WR sets more often.  Especially when two of those WR are FJ and Dmac split out with a LB covering them.

Hong Kong Sooey

I'm not arguing that point.  I never have.  I DO believe that a respectable passing game is a requirement if you have National Title hopes.  But, I love a good running game.  I just think balance is the key to upper echelon football.  And, as posted many, many times...The HUNH would make DMac and Felix even more effective.  Think about what they would accomplish if the opposing D was winded in the second quarter?  You think we might have beaten LSU like that?  Heck, with those two studs we could beat anyone in the HUNH.  The pressure would be incredible on the defense.

Pork Twain

I think the HUNH would be a disaster this year.  ALL the players need to have it down cold or it just means our defense is on the field all day and USC showed us what happens then.  If the HUNH is not clicking or if you have O-linemen making mistakes the pressure would be incredible on our defense.  We are not where Gus needs us to be to run the HUNH effectively.  We make to many mistakes in our basic offense.  I think we should be using some type of spread to get our guys more running lanes. 

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: BeoPig on November 30, 2006, 02:04:40 am
I think the HUNH would be a disaster this year.  ALL the players need to have it down cold or it just means our defense is on the field all day and USC showed us what happens then.  If the HUNH is not clicking or if you have O-linemen making mistakes the pressure would be incredible on our defense.  We are not where Gus needs us to be to run the HUNH effectively.  We make to many mistakes in our basic offense.  I think we should be using some type of spread to get our guys more running lanes. 
Ok, back to this tired argument.  They run it in Jr High.  I rest my case.

Richard_white

I disagree BeoPig.  Do you know we are losing a lot of our OL?  Gus had the same amount of time to implement the HUNH this past offseason than he will next spring. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on November 30, 2006, 02:06:37 am
Ok, back to this tired argument.  They run it in Jr High.  I rest my case.
Our Sr OL ran this in Jr high???

Quote from: Richard_white on November 30, 2006, 02:07:41 am

I disagree BeoPig.  Do you know we are losing a lot of our OL?  Gus had the same amount of time to implement the HUNH this past offseason than he will next spring. 
I think that next year will be their second year that coach Gus has gotten to work with them.  Hell this is the first year most of them have pass blocked at all and you want to go from just being able to pass block to running the HUNH in the first year?  I think it is something we need to ease into but that is not an excuse as to why we don't pass more.  That CAN happen even without the HUNH and most NCAA teams actually do it.

Hong Kong Sooey

Well lookie here boys.  We have ourselves a repost from the Trash Can.  'Palooza already moved this crap once tonight.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,96370.0.html

Pork Twain

This needs to be put to bed.  We are not going to change it and we all want to see the ball in the air more.

WoooPigSooie

Good Post.  Although I dont agree its good to hear something from the other side a little more thought out like this.
But you had to know you were going to ruffle some feathers with the HUNH Hugger part...
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

Pork Twain

Time for me to go eat supper andf then off to a flag football game where I get to cream the Comm Sq backfield and abuse their OL.

HogHeathen

HogSophist

November 30, 2006, 03:55:42 pm #33 Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 03:59:32 pm by HogSophist

Ok, i'll bite. Perhaps the players that are unhappy are not pissed that they have to huddle between plays.

perhaps they are unhappy that when contemplating their future and the next four years of their life, they believed that a person they respect and believe in, was going to be able to run his offense. Perhaps these "unhappy players" are not that happy because the lack of the HUNH is a symptom of the cold, the tip of the iceberg if you will. I have my doubts as to their being allergic to the huddle.

Now, i pose you a question....

if you went to the BMW dealership and they sold you a 7 series BMW with all the bells and whistles for $80k, and when you awoke the next morning you found that they had switched cars in the middle of the night and there was a used, stripped down 3 series in your garage, would you be mad this car didnt have power windows or that that your car was stolen?

btw...nice post as well. +1

last modification....Im not a hunh hugger, but it is the inability to do anything with the last two minutes of a half this year, not that i didnt see the hunh.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog