Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick, somebody call Tressel and Carrol

Started by hogfan1, November 30, 2006, 12:39:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan1

and tell them that then can't possibly win a NC without the HUNH offense.

Seriously, is anyone else tired of hearing about this. 

One other thing that bothers me about all the HUNH huggers, is that they claim that MM and other players (who were recruited to help the passing game) are going to transfer because we aren't running the HUNH, but when someone replies with the obvious point that the strength of the team is the running backs, they argue that HUNH isn't about passing, that you can run any kind of play out of it.  So I guess we are to believe that all these players that are unhappy, aren't supposedly unhappy because we aren't throwing the ball enough, but because we are huddling between running plays. 

Oh, one other point that bothers me about the HUNH huggers is that they claim that we should use it because it worked so well against USC at the end of the game.  What they fail to point out is that that drive was about five plays long, and after the only first down of the dirve, we HUDDLED. 

Kris P. Bacon

Quote from: hogfan1 on November 30, 2006, 12:39:13 am

One other thing that bothers me about all the HUNH huggers, is that they claim that MM and other players (who were recruited to help the passing game) are going to transfer because we aren't running the HUNH, but when someone replies with the obvious point that the strength of the team is the running backs, they argue that HUNH isn't about passing, that you can run any kind of play out of it.  So I guess we are to believe that all these players that are unhappy, aren't supposedly unhappy because we aren't throwing the ball enough, but because we are huddling between running plays. 

Oh, one other point that bothers me about the HUNH huggers is that they claim that we should use it because it worked so well against USC at the end of the game.  What they fail to point out is that that drive was about five plays long, and after the only first down of the dirve, we HUDDLED. 

I have often wondered the same thing but it just made too much sense.
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
– Winston Churchill

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: hogfan1 on November 30, 2006, 12:39:13 am

Durrrr...

A HUNH offense generally means there are far more offensive plays each game, thus, allowing more offensive players to have significant roles in the game. 

Also, the HUNH operates directly off of what the defense is giving.  If at the LOS, the defense appears to be stacked for the run, the HUNH allows a pass play to be signaled in and vice versa.  A traditional huddle offense has already called the play before seeing how the defense is aligned.  Consequently, the traditional huddle offense with an overall gameplan of run run run run will leave little room to take passing shots down field if the defensive alignment shows opportunities at the LOS -- unless your QB has been given the authority to audible.

Long story short, a traditional huddle offense is more rigid and scripted.  The HUNH is more flexible and exploits defensive weaknesses in addition to focusing only on offensive strengths.