Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broderick Green

Started by SwinedMelon, July 04, 2006, 01:35:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwinedMelon

I guess he is visiting Okie St. this week... sure doesn't seem like a guy who is committed to USC! I am getting more and more excited about Broderick! I hope Gus can land him!
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

SwinedMelon

For those of you that have access to Scout.com articles... there is a good one they are talking about on the USC board... poutting may be a more accurate description than talking.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Hopefully our performance this fall will change his mind!

ThisTeetsTaken

He would make a great MLB or DE.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hogsmaster

USC can tempt anyone given their recent success but hope BG realizes that he can stay home to build up his state team and his families and friends can come see him play in person more often.

thahawg

Broderick really isn't committed to USC anymore. I think he signs with us in February.

http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/544397.html//

noprayerfornutt

The chances of him being a Hog are getting better.  Once he sees the new offense and where he will fit into Gus' system, he will be a Hog.

GreatScott

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 04, 2006, 02:36:34 pm

Why?

What I've seen on video of BG is a very natural runner with great running back instincts. He changes direction exceptionally well for a man his size and has a knack for following blockers and using those blockers to his benefit.

When someone has those instincts you don't want to move them... unless he bulks up and loses that quickness.

bythelake

How good is he?  What style would you say that he has?  Is he as good as D-mac and Felix?

jpsand

I'm from out of state.  What class school does BG play for.  The competition can make a difference.

southeasthog

Quote from: GreatScott on July 04, 2006, 05:22:03 pm

Why?

What I've seen on video of BG is a very natural runner with great running back instincts. He changes direction exceptionally well for a man his size and has a knack for following blockers and using those blockers to his benefit.

When someone has those instincts you don't want to move them... unless he bulks up and loses that quickness.
That was a shot at Nutt I think.

Porkerpower

He's a load to bring down.  Kinda runs low and hard with a great forward lean.  He and Brandon Barnett will be the future Jones and DMac.

mossfan3

What is his 40 time?  The tape of him that I saw was very impressive but he didn't seem to have the straight ahead speed that our RB's now have but it's hard to describe his style.

ThisTeetsTaken

Why?

SPEED.
He doesn't have SEC tailback speed. He will have the same trouble Hillis had getting carries at tailback because while he is a physical specimen and a bruising ballcarrier he doesn't have the break away speed that a Darren McFadden or a Kenny Irons has. He may be able to take over the role that Hillis now fills but I think a kid with his size and growth potential will get more playing time and be more valuable as a defender.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

camelt

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 04, 2006, 07:36:26 pm

Why?

SPEED.
He doesn't have SEC tailback speed. He will have the same trouble Hillis had getting carries at tailback because while he is a physical specimen and a bruising ballcarrier he doesn't have the break away speed that a Darren McFadden or a Kenny Irons has. He may be able to take over the role that Hillis now fills but I think a kid with his size and growth potential will get more playing time and be more valuable as a defender.

Sounds reasonable.

mossfan3

i agree.  i don't see him being our feature back, but that's not to say I don't want him on the hill. 

Hogstocking

July 04, 2006, 09:40:45 pm #16 Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:38:47 pm by Piggy Hogstocking
Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 04, 2006, 07:36:26 pm

Why?

SPEED.

I will play devils advocate

I've never seen Green play in person, I've only seen his highlight video.  That said, if he lacks SEC speed, why does he hold offers from half of the SEC (Tennessee Auburn etc.) and according to the above article he's holding somewhere between 30 and 50 offers from the biggest programs in the country (obviously USC, Penn State, VT etc.).....Time and time again he is compared to Lendale White who got the bulk of the carries over Bush if I'm not mistaken.  White had good football speed, but not an overly impressive 40 time much like Green.  Having a big physical back like that is good to have.  It's not coincidence Hillis gets the ball so much in the red zone.  When the defense is stacked up and you're working with a short field you need a powerhouse runner.  Or as my old coach use to say, 'hes a good with the lead RB'..In other words when you have the lead and are wanting to chew up the clock, guys like this are option 1.  They get the tough yards, move the chains and punish the defense in the process.  In my opinion Barnett and Green would compliment each other very well.  One guy runs over you, the other guy runs by you.

He's rated the 5th RB in the country, has offers from absoutely everybody and is considered a top 100 player nationally....Obviously most coaches and analysts around the country aren't to concerned with his speed.

thahawg

Quote from: mossfan3 on July 04, 2006, 07:18:17 pm
What is his 40 time?  The tape of him that I saw was very impressive but he didn't seem to have the straight ahead speed that our RB's now have but it's hard to describe his style.

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=46255&Sport=1//

thahawg

Quote from: jpsand on July 04, 2006, 06:11:43 pm
I'm from out of state.  What class school does BG play for.  The competition can make a difference.

Its funny you ask that. He plays for Pulaski Academy, a school that people have had doubts about the type of compiton they play against.

Porkatarian

Quote from: noprayerfornutt on July 04, 2006, 04:25:21 pm
The chances of him being a Hog are getting better.  Once he sees the new offense and where he will fit into Gus' system, he will be a Hog.

You're right.  I think if we show the kid enough love, and he sees how Gus uses Peyton Hillis in our offense, then Broderick will be a hog.

Porkatarian
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Razorback53

Whats the hype about him I have never heard of him til this year. Plus we have Dmac Jones and Hillis

brooks74

Hillis will be a senior, and DMac and Jones will be juniors when and if he gets on campus.  As we have seen in the past, you can't have enough good RB's.  We've had a lot of backs in the past who haven't had great speed, but have been successful, Barry Foster and Brandon Holmes to name two off the top of my head. 

werehog

July 05, 2006, 03:40:52 pm #22 Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 03:31:09 am by werehog
I think he is a lock to be in a Trojan jersey. USC has verbals from two other five star backs, including Marc Tyler from Westlake Village Oaks Christian. Nevertheless,Pete Carroll and Mike Garrett (maybe the best A.D. in America) are showing Broderick Green beaucoup love. When a former Heisman Trophy winner talks to you about playing for the national title that is pretty heady stuff. USC uses a speedy elusive back abd one who can pound. MTyler is more a Reggie Bush type while BGreen is a LenDale White type of back.

SwinedMelon

I think Broderick will be a **fine** replacement for Hillis.

hogsNbeer

I agree with werehog, he's a Trojan already......... 2 national titles, and runnerup last year..... Play on a national stage damn near every weekend ....... Compete against other HIGHLY recruited players from around the country.....

Landonhog

July 05, 2006, 04:17:56 pm #25 Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:41:17 pm by Landonhog
Quote from: werehog on July 05, 2006, 03:40:52 pm
I think he is a lock to be in a Trojan jersey. USC has verbals from two other five star backs, including Marc Tyler from Westlake Village Oaks Christian. Nevertheless,Pete Carroll and Mike Garrett (maybe the best A.D. in America) are showing Broderick Green beaucoup love. When a former Heisman Trophy winner talks to you about playing for the national title that is pretty heady stuff. USC uses a speedy elusive back abd one who can pound.l MTyler is more a Reggie Bush type while BGreen is a LenDale White type of back.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=2&c=544397

Doesn't sound like a definite condom to me...  ?
I like our chances.

SwinedMelon

Quote from: Landonhog on July 05, 2006, 04:17:56 pm
Quote from: werehog on July 05, 2006, 03:40:52 pm
I think he is a lock to be in a Trojan jersey. USC has verbals from two other five star backs, including Marc Tyler from Westlake Village Oaks Christian. Nevertheless,Pete Carroll and Mike Garrett (maybe the best A.D. in America) are showing Broderick Green beaucoup love. When a former Heisman Trophy winner talks to you about playing for the national title that is pretty heady stuff. USC uses a speedy elusive back abd one who can pound.l MTyler is more a Reggie Bush type while BGreen is a LenDale White type of back.

Doesn't sound like a definite condom to me...  ?
I like our chances.
BG will be pig skin, not lamb skin.

Cresthog

I watched him catch passes and take handoffs against Osceola in the Playoffs...and I was very very impressed with how big and hard this kid ran. He will be a great tailback in college, we really need to steal him.

mikeirwin

I'm only relaying what some LR media guys have told me. They say Arkansas lost him when HDN let Pete Carroll beat him to the punch.
I've never met the kid so I have no personal knowledge of this.

Cajun Hog

Porkatarian

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 05, 2006, 09:54:40 pm
I'm only relaying what some LR media guys have told me. They say Arkansas lost him when HDN let Pete Carroll beat him to the punch.

I've heard basically the same thing from several of my friends who coach around the Little Rock area.

Porkatarian
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

marshog

But what if USC decides to "unoffer" him?

PorkSoda

What if Arkansas beats USC...do you think he would switch his commitment then? 

...Ok, back to reality...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

thahawg

That hurts, but I find it hard to believe that he would be flaking on his commitment if Arkansas had nothing to do with it. Remember is brother will be walking-on this fall for us. That could very well have something to do with it.

Rooster Hawgburn

Quote from: bythelake on July 04, 2006, 05:55:33 pm
How good is he?  What style would you say that he has?  Is he as good as D-mac and Felix?

There used to be video of his highlights in the recruiting forum. You could probably do a search and find it. IMO  BG looks just like Shawn Alexander did when he played at 'Bama (only Green has "excellent" hands). Kid ran a 4.5 as a Jr. in HS  ???  What's wrong with that? After Lee Ziemba(?)... Green and Kodi Burns are guys the Hawgs "HAVE" to get. IMO all three of those guys are just too dang good to let "slip through the fence"! ;D

hogsNbeer

I'm not surprised at this at all........ Sad

The_Bionic_Pig

If Arkansas gets into a decent bowl this upcoming season that will most likely be enough (IMO) At the same time he is not he only highly rated back that has a interest in attending school here....pay close attention to the upcoming camp.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HotRodHog

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

Rooster Hawgburn

Quote from: HotRodHog on July 07, 2006, 12:23:05 am
Quote from: Hog1961 on July 05, 2006, 10:16:03 pm

How fast is he?
What's your point ??? Kid ran a 4.57 -- 40-time as a JR. in HS... Kid's ONLY 6'2" &  Around 235 lbs.... HE's ONLY rated one of the top RB's in the country! NOOOOOO.... why in the world would we need some kid that PS, VT, USC, etc., etc.... wants  :P We need to go after some 'lil "scat-back" from Memphis,,, the size of Reggie Fish b/c they are a lot FASTER.  :-X   ::)

DT

The best recruiter we have for BG isn't GM, it's Jonathan Luigs. He and BG's older brother Stephen are best friends. With Stephen finally coming to Arkansas in the fall this should greatly help Arkansas' chances. There are quite a few PA guys on the Hill who know BG, and hopefully they can convince BG that this is where he needs to be. In addition to that, they have a very close family, which is part of the reason Stephen left UNC. As time passes, hopefully BG will realize he should be a Hog.

Rooster Hawgburn

Quote from: DT on July 08, 2006, 12:01:39 am
The best recruiter we have for BG isn't GM, it's Jonathan Luigs. He and BG's older brother Stephen are best friends. With Stephen finally coming to Arkansas in the fall this should greatly help Arkansas' chances. There are quite a few PA guys on the Hill who know BG, and hopefully they can convince BG that this is where he needs to be. In addition to that, they have a very close family, which is part of the reason Stephen left UNC. As time passes, hopefully BG will realize he should be a Hog.

+1.... Thanx for the "insider info" DT!!! You definitely have my ear... especially when it comes to BG. Hopefully, you can sway him in the right direction! ;D IMO there are three or four guys the Razorbacks "HAVE" to sign.... Lee Zeimba, Kodi Burns, Broderick Green, and David Williams! ;)

IMO... If any single "1" of those guy's ends up leaving the state... IT WILL BE A POOR YEAR FOR RECRUITING (no matter the national rating).  Again JMO!

Richard_white

Quote from: Rooster Hawgburn on July 08, 2006, 01:21:36 am
Quote from: DT on July 08, 2006, 12:01:39 am

+1.... Thanx for the "insider info" DT!!! You definitely have my ear... especially when it comes to BG. Hopefully, you can sway him in the right direction! ;D IMO there are three or four guys the Razorbacks "HAVE" to sign.... Lee Zeimba, Kodi Burns, Broderick Green, and David Williams! ;)

IMO... If any single "1" of those guy's ends up leaving the state... IT WILL BE A POOR YEAR FOR RECRUITING (no matter the national rating).  Again JMO!

I like to see a couple more on the list.  Will Blackwell and John Jones.  Hopefully we get one of the two.