Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE KODI AUGUSTUS DEBACLE

Started by JIHawg, July 06, 2006, 01:53:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

having signed 4 in '06, that put us up to 11 scholarship players (excluding cranford).  Who gets the axe?

Cyrus McGowan
Vincent Hunter
Charles Thomas

JIHawg

July 06, 2006, 01:53:11 pm Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 03:13:49 pm by JIHawg
Russ Blake of Scout says he should commit to Arkansas this week.  He is a power forward from Texas.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=38971&Sport=2

killamon

nice....this would be an excellent pickup ....kid is a baller

Hawgballz

What does it say?  It would not let me in.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hollywood_HOGan

niiiiiiiiice hope he's right.

Would we still have a shot at James Anderson?

Kodi most def would be a great great get!

Hogstocking

Hollywood_HOGan

Just hope we can get James Anderson too.

Jim Harris

Quote from: JIHawg on July 06, 2006, 01:53:11 pm
Russ Blake of Scout says he should commit to Arkansas this week.  He is a power forward from Texas.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=38971&Sport=2

Sounds like Cyprien is already making his recruiting presence felt.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

scorekeeper

This should be a great pick up for the Hogs.  Good he is not going to Texass
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

killamon

mbgrulz

augustus, and anderson would be exactly what the doctor ordered for us.  perfect scenario. hope that doesnt run JA off though.

Hawgballz

Kodi & JA to go with Rakestraw would be a really nice class, all things considered.  Come on Stan, close the deal.  GO  :razorback: GO
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

mbgrulz

i dont think we could ask stan to fill our needs any better than these 3 guys: shooters and athletes/swingmen. just hope he can finish.

Cresthog

From all I've heard about Augustus...he is the real deal and we really need him in this class.

mbgrulz

somebody said he was a PF, but all i have heard is that he is a silky smooth SF with a great stroke and tons of range.

Kilgor

July 06, 2006, 06:09:36 pm #14 Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 06:12:09 pm by Kilgor
Does this mean that we don't have a spot for this guy?  http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=559126
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Kilgor on July 06, 2006, 06:09:36 pm
Does this mean that we don't have a spot for this guy?  http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=559126

I was wondering the same exact thing.

Hopefully we still get Anderson.

killamon

Anderson will have a spot waiting for him no matter who is commited...if augustus is committing, sanchez is reclassifying to 08 for sure

BigPapaHawg

This should be a great pick up for the Hogs!
WOO PIG

The_Bionic_Pig

July 06, 2006, 07:39:39 pm #18 Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:01:29 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Last year before entering Prep School he was down to Florida and Illinois.  He loves to DUNK on people IN TRAFFIC (see Sonny Weems) but has a nice midrange shot.  He doesn't have great handles and is not a great passer but will remind most Arkansas fans of Darrell Hawkins!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 06, 2006, 07:39:39 pm
Last year before entering Prep School he was down to Florida and Illinois.  He loves to DUNK on people IN TRAFFIC (see Sonny Weems) but has a nice midrange shot.  He doesn't have great handles and is not a great passer but will remind most Arkansas fans of Darrell Hawkins!!!

I loved the Hawk!!!

Gah lee would he ever energize that Barnhill Arena crowd!

thahawg

Kodi will make his commitment late tomorrow.

Pignominious

Quote from: thahawg on July 06, 2006, 10:27:43 pm
Kodi will make his commitment late tomorrow.

How do you know?  This is very sudden.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

thahawg

per scout

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=544921&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fstory.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d10%26p%3d2%26c%3d544921//

Pignominious

Ray Biggers' third cousin.

werehog

Is this true? If so, this is great news. My top three choices for this year would be Kodi Augustus, James Anderson and Marcus Britt -- what a trifecta!

riccoar

Arkansas Coach Stan Heath and his staff are expected to pick up their second commitment today when Houston forward Kodi Augustus announces his college decision.
   Augustus, 6-9, 200 pounds, is expected to announce today after his first game at the ABCD Camp in Teaneck, N.J., that he will attend Arkansas. Augustus' AAU coach with the Houston Superstars, John Euery, confirmed the decision Thursday afternoon.
   "It's Arkansas, I'm pretty sure," Euery said. "He likes Stan Heath. He thinks Stan is a great coach.
   "Arkansas has a great program. It's in the SEC, and he likes the players he has met while up there."
   The Superstars played in the Real Deal on the Hill the past two years, and Augustus recently camped at Arkansas as well. He chose the Razorbacks over Texas, Texas A&M, Tennessee and Florida.
   Augustus averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds, 5 steals, 4 blocks and 2 assists as a senior at Missouri City (Texas) Willowridge this past season. He has reclassified to the class of 2007 and will attend Lee Academy in Maine this year before heading to Arkansas, Euery said.
   "I feel my game is more like Tracy McGrady than anyone else in the NBA," Augustus said. "I'm a combo forward who can shoot the three or take it off the dribble and go inside."
   Rivals.com rates Augustus the No. 97 player in the class of 2007 and the No. 26 small forward. Rivals also rates Augustus a fourstar recruit on a five-star scale.
   Augustus originally was scheduled to attend Mt. Zion Christian Academy in North Carolina this fall, but it's on the list of prep schools recently released by the NCAA that are basically considered "diploma factories" that won't be given a stamp of approval by the NCAA Clearinghouse.
   Rivals' Jerry Meyer said he feels the Razorbacks are getting a good player in Augustus.
   "Augustus has a smooth shooting stroke and the length to shoot over defenders," he said. "[His] ball handling and passing skills need improving. He has the potential to be a good offensive rebounder, but needs to get stronger."
   Augustus will get stronger in Arkansas' weight program and showed impressive range on his shot at the Real Deal on the Hill.
   He is the second commitment for Arkansas who is planning to sign in November. Springdale Har-Ber shooting guard Nate Rakestraw, 6-5, 212, also has chosen the Razorbacks.
   The Razorbacks also remain in the hunt for Har-Ber forward Michael Sanchez, 6-8, 200, and Junction City guard James Anderson, 6-7, 180. 

39/4Life

The Recruiting Guy

July 07, 2006, 10:48:35 am #27 Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:25:30 am by The Recruiting Guy
sometime today. Rich Gonnello one of the two press representatives for the camp is going to try to get me a few minutes with Kodi. Keep your fingers crossed.

Adam Stokes

What time is he expected to announce?

Hogstocking

WTH is going on?  Seems as though Agustus is not going to commit now.

Hogstocking

We are going to further 'evaluate him'...In other words he was ready to commit and Stan backed off.

Kodi is opening up his options and the Hogs are at the bottom of his list.  This is a weird weird turn of events.

thahawg

Is it because we don't have a schollie for him?

Hollywood_HOGan

very very unfortunate.

We took Rakestraw but we didnt take Kodi?

Weird.

Maybe they know that Anderson is coming.

Who knows. Know Kodi is gonna go to FLorida or Tennessee and blow up on everyone.

Hogstocking

Quote from: thahawg on July 07, 2006, 03:39:38 pm
Is it because we don't have a schollie for him?

Im not sure.  Doesn't sound like Agustus or his coach are to happy though

On scout it is saying something about limited schollies (I dont have access though)

Kilgor

Apparently Heath is holding out for Anderson.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

pioneerhog

Here is what I got to say about this and have posted this on another topic.

All I got to say is Nate better be one helluva player because we have lost out on Augustus! On top of that we have hurt recruiting ties into Texas and with the AAU coach that coached Kodi's team.

pioneerhog

All I got to say is Nate better be one helluva player because we have lost out on Augustus! On top of that we have hurt recruiting ties into Texas and with the AAU coach that coached Kodi's team.

pioneerhog

Are you still expecting to get to talk to him? I bet it won't be as good of a conversation as it could have been.

silvertip

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 05:30:27 pm

Please tell us more about what you know & how you know it?

GrizzledHogFan

This sounds like it's rapidly turning into a nightmare.  Great.  I thought recruiting was supposed to be Heath's forte.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

silvertip

Quote from: gmb_79 on July 07, 2006, 05:39:32 pm
This sounds like it's rapidly turning into a nightmare.  Great.  I thought recruiting was supposed to be Heath's forte.

gmb, where are you & pioneerhog getting your info? Thanks

pioneerhog

Quote from: silvertip on July 07, 2006, 05:38:19 pm

I don't know anymore than what I have heard on the radio and read. It seems kinda like common sense that the kid was ready to commit and we tell him we don't want him that he would be highly pissed. Dawson or who ever the hell was on Sportsrap today says his AAU coach is very upset and that there are feelings hurt. They are saying though that Arkansas is still in it but that they have moved way down his list. The bridges that have been burnt today would have to be rebuilt before we could get him now. I gotta say though, if it was me that this had happened to and if they where to come back after me I would flip them the bird and tell them where they could go.

pioneerhog

Quote from: silvertip on July 07, 2006, 05:45:29 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on July 07, 2006, 05:39:32 pm

gmb, where are you & pioneerhog getting your info? Thanks
They was talking about it on Sportsrap, so take some of this like you would the rest of Dudly Dawson's info (I think it was Dudly on the show). It might not hurt ties within Texas and the AAU coach but I get keep from thinking that it will.

Hogstocking

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 05:31:18 pm

I could not agree more.  Not only that, wasn't Agustus going to announce his commitment to us at a big camp in NJ while other high profile prospects were there?  This situation appears to be completely mishandled by the hog staff.  Odd turn of events.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on July 07, 2006, 05:55:17 pm
Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 05:31:18 pm

I could not agree more.  Not only that, wasn't Agustus going to announce his commitment to us at a big camp in NJ while other high profile prospects were there?  This situation appears to be completely mishandled by the hog staff.  Odd turn of events.
Yeah he was suppose to have a press conference at the Reebok ABCD Camp in NJ. I'm sure he is talking highly of us out there right now. The kid already had his mind made up and Stan and CO dash his dreams in an instant.

thahawg

Great we finally get a BB recruit out of TX and we screw it up!

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 07, 2006, 05:49:17 pm
Quote from: silvertip on July 07, 2006, 05:38:19 pm

I don't know anymore than what I have heard on the radio and read. It seems kinda like common sense that the kid was ready to commit and we tell him we don't want him that he would be highly pissed. Dawson or who ever the hell was on Sportsrap today says his AAU coach is very upset and that there are feelings hurt. They are saying though that Arkansas is still in it but that they have moved way down his list. The bridges that have been burnt today would have to be rebuilt before we could get him now. I gotta say though, if it was me that this had happened to and if they where to come back after me I would flip them the bird and tell them where they could go.

Great, we're burning bridges in Texas.

Wonderful.

If a top 100 player wants to come to Arkansas, TAKE HIM!

He plays at a need position.

Only thing i can think of is that we are waiting for James Anderson.

But we took Rakestraw over Augustus?

hawg1978

Kodi will be a Top 25 player not just a Top 100 player.  Great frickin planning.  We choose a kid who might have gotten an offer from Missouri St over Kodi Augustus.   UNBELIEVABLE!!!!   

Razorback_Z71

I just don't understand how our coaching staff could give out one of our two scholarships when they know we had a great chance on landing KA. I don't mean anthing bad on Nate, but Nate would have still been  available in February.