Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tape Gate

Started by jimmur74, January 03, 2008, 07:39:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

markmchog

Wouldn't this be some kind of an NCAA violation? If not I would think it would be common place among coaches changing jobs. I wonder if Coach Petrino took the videos recruits sent him at Louisville to Atlanta...

Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. - Thomas Paine, 1776

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: dmac4sainthood on January 04, 2008, 01:10:34 pm
Does it matter guys?  Let it go.  Because a couple kids and coaches sent in tapes to an office...they may want to follow up on them, but most of those are unsoliceted.  Which of course means that out of all of them, we may be talking about one scholarship, probably walk ons.

Sure, the guys they recruited they may have tapes on, but then again, they recruited those players, and since there is no early signing period, they are still available, and they managed to get those players committed in the first place.

It seems as if our hatred of nutt is allowing us to proverbially "have our cake and eat it too"

The issue is not that the content of the tapes was stolen so much as the tapes themselves. The tapes are tools for the ARKANSAS athletic department to use while forming a football team. Nutt might just as well loaded up a couple whirlpools from the training room, some yard markers off the field and the collector's edition D-Mac cups out of the concession stands to take with him to Oxford. Thievin' is thievin' and should be punished.

Interesting name . . . Oxford. It implies a shallow area of a river where cattle, primarily emasculated adult male cattle cross. Such a place is typically muddy, malodorous, and inundated in excrement. Sounds like a great place for the Nutt. Just what he deserves.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: dmac4sainthood on January 04, 2008, 01:10:34 pmIt seems as if our hatred of nutt is allowing us to proverbially "have our cake and eat it too.

I know.  Ain't it great?  Just makes my whole day.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

redneck razorback

The university of Arkansas pays for the scholarships, not Hootie Nuttster...  so the tapes are the property of ?...... well you take a guess.

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Slackavelli

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 04, 2008, 02:28:45 am
Or how Mike Huckabee destroyed state owned computers and other information on his way out the door. Pot meet kettle.
TOOOO-SHAAAAY BIOTCH- lol

Swinehart

Quote from: 1texashogfan on January 03, 2008, 10:15:05 pm
Similar to when clinton and co left the White House with his tapes, desks, laptops, etc.  Two peas in a pod

I also heard that Clinton had his people to remove the "W" key from all the computer keyboards and type writers when they left.  Wonder if HouDale had his people remove the "P" key from their offices?

riccoar

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 04, 2008, 02:28:45 am
Or how Mike Huckabee destroyed state owned computers and other information on his way out the door. Pot meet kettle.
FWIW, it was hard drives which cannot be erased.  And they we're subsequently crushed which is the best way to insure the info can't be taken off of them.  I support any admin being able to do that in this day and age.

mrmitchell

Quote from: riccoar on January 05, 2008, 12:54:15 am
FWIW, it was hard drives which cannot be erased.  And they we're subsequently crushed which is the best way to insure the info can't be taken off of them.  I support any admin being able to do that in this day and age.
I dont know anything about the Huckabee story but hard drives can easily be erased and written over.  The only reason to physically destroy the hardware is mad paranoia or ignorance.

Masshog

Quote from: mrmitchell on January 05, 2008, 02:02:53 am
I dont know anything about the Huckabee story but hard drives can easily be erased and written over.  The only reason to physically destroy the hardware is mad paranoia or ignorance.
Not defending Huckabee, but Im pretty sure that the only way to insure that NO data can be pulled is to destroy the drive.  That said, other than his personal PC it seems a little much. 
My feets hurt.

Jellohawg

They won't do him any good!  It's all about coaching! We know that... why go back there? Bobby is  here NOW!

hogdiggity

Quote from: Masshog on January 05, 2008, 08:21:32 am
Not defending Huckabee, but Im pretty sure that the only way to insure that NO data can be pulled is to destroy the drive.  That said, other than his personal PC it seems a little much. 

I do this for a living, it can be done without destroying any hardware.  simple software that in effect writes over and erases many times very fast.  PC hardware cannot keep that many revisions in it's file allocation tables. 

Hey but this is a HOG board.  Go hogs, our former coach is a POS