Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will you root for fellow SEC member LSU or Ohio State?

Started by Tomhog™, January 02, 2008, 03:46:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will you root for in the NC game?

LSU
Ohio State

Tomhog™

I saw this on a Michigan Message board.  Most every Michigan fan said "GO LSU".  They won't root for the buckeyes for anything.  I realize their rivalry is an historic one compared to the Boot.  But will you root on LSU since they are part of the SEC?

5 little pigs

hogdiggity

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

myriad_rocker

hawgwild1087

I always will root for the SEC against teams from other conferences.  The one exception is kentucky basketball.  It is fun watching them lose.

Hogaliciousness

I am ready for some football!

Hog on the Hill

pimpndistress

:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

kuhog

I hate LSU. I don't care if they are in the SEC. No way I root for the Tigers. They shouldn't even be playing in this game.

Go Buckeye's.

rickm1976

As much as I hate some of our SEC brothers (like Alabama), I will always root for them over any other conference.  They are our family, like them or not.

HoggyWayne

I've got nothing for "The Ohio State University."
I'm rootin' for The Louisiana State University.

biggiepiggie

Zero Tolerance

Spent some time working in Louisiana, and I try to go back at least once every year. People are great down there and you can't beat the food. Because of work commitments back then, I never got the chance to see a game in Tiger Stadium (and it would have been easy to score tickets, because this was near the end of the Curley Hallman era), but that is one place I've always wanted to see a college football game. So I'll always have a soft spot for the Bayou Bengals.
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

fishes2000

gotta pull for the conference- LSU.
although I was glad to see Tebow lose. Top 3 Heisman's lost.

LSUFan

If LSU wins, the UoA will get about $3.5 million for its athletic program.

hogsanity

LSU.  My dad and his family are from Ohio, big Buckey fans, so, if for no other reason, it is fun to root against them.  Plus, I want the SEC to claim another BCS title.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LSUFan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 02, 2008, 03:59:11 pm
LSU.  My dad and his family are from Ohio, big Buckey fans, so, if for no other reason, it is fun to root against them.  Plus, I want the SEC to claim another BCS title.

If LSU brings their A game, as I suspect they will, it will be an ass stomping by an SEC team, much like last year.

Everybody should be healthy for this game.

DrSwineESQ

January 02, 2008, 04:00:51 pm #18 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 04:03:34 pm by DrSwineESQ
Of course I will cheer for LSU:  A) they're SEC and B) we beat them in Baton Rouge.  It is true, there is never a good year for the bayou-dwellers to win a national championship because we'll all have to listen to their fans for the next 12 months, I'd rather they win in a year we beat them.  Besides, I'll take LSU fans over tOSU fans any day. 

badbrad

Bama Hog™

Cannot root for yankees, carpetbaggers, or tree hugging west coasters. Can't wait to see "THE" JokeHio State University get smashed by LSWho.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

memphishog

reddogjcss

Pig Poppa Pump

Once a Razorback, always a Razorback ........Today, I am a LSU Tiger!   ;)

Duke of Buckingham

I generally root against SEC teams becaue the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I want recruits to know that Saban lost to Lousiana Monroe, whether he loses that recruit to us or Florida State.

My exception is the national championship game. This is where we can gain some ground on Missiouri, Oklahoma, and Texas recruits. "The SEC is who wins national championships." (Thank you Stanford.)

txkrazorback

Godd'a go wit dem LSWho cuzinz'. I doan' rutt fer no yankeez...

When you fight with your own cousins it's ok; but if you fight my cousin, I got his back!
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

hawgslop00

I couldn't even vote.  There are 3 teams in all of college that I hate more than anything LSU, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.  I could absolutely care less who wins this years NC.

hogwild6700

I hate to say it but I can't root for LSU. Them and Texas are cardinal no no's.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

tigerinhogtown

It's the same in Missouri - 99% of us are pulling fot VT over kU Jayhawks.  If UT were in the SEC and playing instead of LSU, would you answer be the same??

hogwild6700

And yes, I was one of the 3 who voted Ohio State - so smite me!!!!
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

BigSexyHog

I can't cheer for LSU, Lester or their stinkin fans...

GO BUCKEYES
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

go hogues

Quote from: hogdiggity on January 02, 2008, 03:47:46 pm
as bad as it hurts me, LSU!!
Same here.  But honestly, I think I would root for anyone over Ohio State.
It will feel good to have an SEC team win the NC two years in a row, especially two straight times against an overrated team.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Cassperr

GO tigers, if it cant be us, id like to see SEC represent!
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: go hogues on January 02, 2008, 04:15:56 pm
Better change that avatar! ;)

Aw man, .......I just changed it.
I had to send Herring packing over to the TAMU board.

raiseherback

I hate to pull for LSU, but against out-of-conference foes, I have to say GEAUX Le Tigre'.  Go SEC, KICK Big 10 (11) tail.
I am easily satisfied with the very best! 
- Winston Churchill

JAMAHog

No question my house is for LSU.  Like Michigan, we despise the perpetually overrated Ohio State.  An LSU win makes both the SEC and the Hogs look better. 

grayhawg

hogsailor

Quote from: The Marmot on January 02, 2008, 03:47:58 pm
I doubt I will watch the game.

You know if anybody will show up on tv it will be your brother.
Hell I'd watch it just for that.

Oh yeah, have to go with SEC, not LSU, just SEC...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

East Clintwood

The only two schools in the whole country that I would root for OSU to beat are Notre Dame and Penn State.  In other words, Ohio State is number 3 on my %@*# list.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

snoblind

I have friends with LSU ties plus SEC makes it an easy choice.

razorback93

I would say tigers.  I have family down there. Heck, my cousin's oldest son plays on the baseball team.  Although I am pissed that they are the 2 loss team that gotthe crack at tOSU.  I'd rather it been OU, USC, or UGA.  But LSU's losses were in triple overtime to two bowl teams.

irishman

They are our cousins, so to speak, so I'll pull for LSU. Besides, Ohio State has the most obnoxious fans in the world. I couldn't handle listening to them if OSU won

The Marmot

Quote from: hogsailor on January 02, 2008, 04:31:49 pm
You know if anybody will show up on tv it will be your brother.
Hell I'd watch it just for that.

Oh yeah, have to go with SEC, not LSU, just SEC...

True. I'll DVR it and if he's ends up on t.v. I can watch it then. Otherwise, I'm not really interested in the game.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Choctaw Hog