Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unless someone knows something I have not read or heard, next head coach

Started by HognotinMemphis, December 02, 2017, 11:54:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

will be either Gus or Chad Morris. Why? Because there is no one else adequate and/or available, apparently. Not going to be young Norvell at Memphis. Not hearing that U of A likes Venables, so I guess he is out of consideration. Not going to be Kiffin.

Who else is there unless U of A pulls a Jeff Long and announces someone whom no one has previously mentioned?

And if Gus beats GA today, I cannot imagine a scenario where he announces tomorrow that he will coach at Arkansas next year but will stay at Auburn to see them through the NCAA playoffs. That would be beyond insanity thus it will not occur. And if Gus has a shot at a NC, no way in Hades he jeopardizes it to coach at Arkansas next year. Sometimes, you just cannot get everything you want and with Gus, he will forego the opportunity to be the HC at Arkansas forever due to having the season he is having at Auburn this year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Scott7703

jgcat4

If it's Morris, this state will meltdown like Tenner. They can't afford that right now. It's Gus, Norvell/Kiffin
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

JONAS

This is what I believe.  Norvell's background check scared them off.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jgcat4 on December 02, 2017, 11:59:50 am
If it's Morris, this state will meltdown like Tenner. They can't afford that right now. It's Gus, Norvell/Kiffin
It will not be young Norvell. And it will not be Kiffin. I'll stop posting on Hogville forever if it is either Norvell or Kiffin. That is how confident I am that neither will be hired as the next coach. I will literally delete my account if I am wrong.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 02, 2017, 12:01:52 pm
It will not be young Norvell. And it will not be Kiffin. I'll stop posting on Hogville forever if it is either Norvell or Kiffin. That is how confident I am that neither will be hired as the next coach. I will literally delete my account if I am wrong.
Im gonna hold you to it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

jgcat4

10-4
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

SmokinHog

Well.... I hope it's Gus.... but if we end up with Chad Morris this program literally never deserves to win another game. It would be the most idiotic hire in school history.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jgcat4 on December 02, 2017, 11:59:50 am

No. The state will not meltdown like Tenner. Seriously? Only an idiot would try to protest a Morris hiring. Hopefully the idiots won't validate Clay Travis's Fan Base rankings.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HotlantaHog

forrest city joe

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 02, 2017, 11:54:22 am
will be either Gus or Chad Morris. Why? Because there is no one else adequate and/or available, apparently. Not going to be young Norvell at Memphis. Not hearing that U of A likes Venables, so I guess he is out of consideration. Not going to be Kiffin.

Who else is there unless U of A pulls a Jeff Long and announces someone whom no one has previously mentioned?

And if Gus beats GA today, I cannot imagine a scenario where he announces tomorrow that he will coach at Arkansas next year but will stay at Auburn to see them through the NCAA playoffs. That would be beyond insanity thus it will not occur. And if Gus has a shot at a NC, no way in Hades he jeopardizes it to coach at Arkansas next year. Sometimes, you just cannot get everything you want and with Gus, he will forego the opportunity to be the HC at Arkansas forever due to having the season he is having at Auburn this year.
I would be fine with Gus or Morris. as i have posted.my top 3 are Gus,Norvell and Morris.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 02, 2017, 12:05:00 pm
Well.... I hope it's Gus.... but if we end up with Chad Morris this program literally never deserves to win another game. It would be the most idiotic hire in school history.
Why do you say that? More idiotic than hiring a coach with 4 years experience at a Div 2 level program (Murray State) and 1 year at a Div 1 level program (Boise St) where he took them to a 5-6 record? More idiotic than hiring a head coach from Air Force Academy? More idiotic than hiring a has-been for an interim one year stint? More idiotic than hiring a guy who had been head coach for 2 years in a very mediocre conference with players recruited by the previous head coach, and not a ton of experience prior to that simply given that he is only 36 years old? Not sure you understand enough about college coaching to have a strong opinion on the matter. You'll say Norvell was an idiotic hire with hindsight available to you 5 years from now if he is hired by Arkansas and he implodes due to being in over his head in the SEC. Take a look at Bielema's record at Arkansas for last 5 years. And he was the HC at Wisky for 7 years prior to that.

apcapri

So what in Norvell's background check would prevent him from coaching here that still allows him to be at Memphis? I don't understand that.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: apcapri on December 02, 2017, 12:13:06 pm
So what in Norvell's background check would prevent him from coaching here that still allows him to be at Memphis? I don't understand that.
Same as someone who can run for and be elected mayor of medium size town USA but gets vetted much more heavily when he wants to run for the US Senate.

LawyerHog50

Considering the list of candidates and how people feel about them, the Chad Morris angle is likely a troll job to make people appreciate the real HC announcement:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=650119.0
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 12:15:40 pm
Considering the list of candidates and how people feel about them, the Chad Morris angle is likely a troll job to make people appreciate the real HC announcement:

Based on the poll results from a bunch of yahoos like us, not sure what you are trying to convey. That one of the top vote getters in a bs poll of nobodies is going to be the next head coach at Ark? Again, it will not be Kiffin or Norvell. Venables maybe? I would say yes but he seems to have disappeared from the radar. Plus, why hasn't he been a HC already somewhere given how long he has been a DC at top programs in Div 1 NCAA?

King Kong

. I will literally delete my account if I am wrong.

I was rooting for Gus. But this changed my mind. Come on down Norvell or Kiffin

LawyerHog50

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 02, 2017, 12:19:22 pm
Based on the poll results from a bunch of yahoos like us, not sure what you are trying to convey. That one of the top vote getters in a bs poll of nobodies is going to be the next head coach at Ark? Again, it will not be Kiffin or Norvell. Venables maybe? I would say yes but he seems to have disappeared from the radar. Plus, why hasn't he been a HC already somewhere given how long he has been a DC at top programs in Div 1 NCAA?

If you think the PTB at Arkansas are trying to sell tickets then you have to admit they will gauge public sentiment.

the Poll, which allows three votes, and gets a sample from more informed than usual hog fans, shoots Morris down.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Razorpigg

Just like always you are stating your opinion. Some things never change and some things stay the same. You have NO clue who they are or not gonna hire and stating it like you are the sitting AD or a power broker. You know squat....

grayhawg

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 12:00:53 pm
This is what I believe.  Norvell's background check scared them off.
Background scare was fake news.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 12:24:32 pm
If you think the PTB at Arkansas are trying to sell tickets then you have to admit they will gauge public sentiment.

the Poll, which allows three votes, and gets a sample from more informed than usual hog fans, shoots Morris down.
You have to be joking. Informed more than usual hog fans? Here? I am laughing out loud.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: King Kong on December 02, 2017, 12:21:49 pm
I was rooting for Gus. But this changed my mind. Come on down Norvell or Kiffin

He has said this multiple times over the years and been wrong yet he is still here. He has also made bets that he has yet to pay off.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hawgdavis

And you know this how

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

HogCzar1

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

King Kong

nwahogs

HoggyCat

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 02, 2017, 12:05:01 pm
No. The state will not meltdown like Tenner. Seriously? Only an idiot would try to protest a Morris hiring. Hopefully the idiots won't validate Clay Travis's Fan Base rankings.

I'll protest.

With ASU season tickets.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

NATEHOGG216

That's unfortunate. I'm afraid in 5 years we will really regret passing on norvell if we in fact do pass on him.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: King Kong on December 02, 2017, 01:10:00 pm
But what number after Gus is he?

Right now I don't trust anyone that says they know what is happening. I haven't talked to my main source in almost a week so I have nothing new.  When I talked to him, he said that Gus isn't and never was an option. I took this literally but I am wondering if he ment it figuratively because they had just beat Bama. He also said that Norvell was our man. I talked to someone else that is well connected on Thursday and was told that Norvell passed the vetting process.

Member #3568

redneckfriend

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 02, 2017, 12:07:33 pm
I am fine with Morris. Much better than BB.

How the hell do you know that? Bielema went to three Rose Bowls and was 68-24 at a P5 school. Morris was 2-10, 5-7, 7-5 and 14-22 overall in a rinky-dink conference.

RedBird5

Not sure what you think it proves but okay.  You cyber street cred will remain strong?  Let's wait and see since you don't have any "sources" like everyone else here.  Again, nobody who has ANY input or real knowledge sits on a message board 24/7.  It's not you, but everyone.  It's fun to stir up stuff but come on. Anyone who takes this seriously is a fool

The OTR

I would rather it be norvell and us lose every game and you never post again than us to get your choices and to still post here.  Nothing personal. 

ur

Hog Milanese

Hawg Life

Quote from: grayhawg on December 02, 2017, 12:45:47 pm
Background scare was fake news.

VERY FAKE NEWS!!!

Otis Kirk posted information off of an Ole Miss message board, which he has since apologized.

goodguytex

Why do you keep doing this mess? Just why?

ipigsooie

HogFan1973

Living just north of Dallas and hearing about SMU, I don't know what anyone sees in Morris.  He has not exactly torn it up at SMU.

HeyHogs

secfan30

The Kig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 02, 2017, 12:05:01 pm

I think there would definitely be a melt...but nobody will out-Tenner Tenner.  Despite any melt, if we are dumb enough to hire Morris, then he will be our coach.  Why would it be idiotic to protest such an obviously horrendous hire?
Poker Porker

HognotinMemphis

LOL.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 12:15:40 pm

You really out finessed yourself with this circuitous logic.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Razorpigg on December 02, 2017, 12:27:05 pm
Just like always you are stating your opinion. Some things never change and some things stay the same. You have NO clue who they are or not gonna hire and stating it like you are the sitting AD or a power broker. You know squat....
Cannot fix stupid, no matter how much you want to.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HogFan1973 on December 02, 2017, 05:16:27 pm
Living just north of Dallas and hearing about SMU, I don't know what anyone sees in Morris.  He has not exactly torn it up at SMU.
So much for your knowledge based on living "just north of Dallas" and "hearing about SMU" meaning anything at all.