Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poll - Assuming Gus says no, who are your HC picks?

Started by LawyerHog50, December 02, 2017, 09:12:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuming Gus says no, who does Hogville want?   You get THREE VOTES

Brent Venables
101 (25%)
Lane Kiffin
218 (54%)
Mike Norvell
237 (58.7%)
Charlie Strong
20 (5%)
Jeff Brohm
39 (9.7%)
Scott Frost
24 (5.9%)
Chad Morris
38 (9.4%)
Mike Leach
71 (17.6%)
Bobby Petrino
35 (8.7%)
Someone else not listed
18 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 404

LawyerHog50

Assuming Gus says no or fails to respond by midnight, who do you hope we get?

You get three votes
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

LawyerHog50

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 09:12:15 am
Assuming Gus says no or fails to respond by midnight, who do you hope we get?

You get three votes

1. Norvell 2. Kiffin 3. Leach
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

LawyerHog50

help bump this poll with comments, especially if you like kiffin, since he leads at this time.

PIGGTOWN HAM

HardCore

1.  Kiffin (offensive guru, great recruiter, edgy chip on the shoulder)
2.  Venables or Norvell (don't care which...both solid solid choices)
3.  Leach (one of the best offensive geniuses in football, but little attention to defense)
4.  Morris (good recruiter, but unproven on the field)
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

LawyerHog50

Quote from: PIGGTOWN HAM on December 02, 2017, 09:36:06 am
I'm a Norvell guy but why no love for Brohm?

Same reason as no love for obviously best coach on the market (frost)...ignorance and perception of having unrealistic odds of being hired.

Lady Razorback

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HardCore on December 02, 2017, 09:40:14 am
1.  Kiffin (offensive guru, great recruiter, edgy chip on the shoulder)
2.  Venables or Norvell (don't care which...both solid solid choices)
3.  Leach (one of the best offensive geniuses in football, but little attention to defense)
4.  Morris (good recruiter, but unproven on the field)
Leach won't work. Running the ball/stopping the run is the key in the league. His team had -24 yards rushing against UW the other night.

HardCore

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 02, 2017, 09:44:06 am

Leach won't work. Running the ball/stopping the run is the key in the league. His team had -24 yards rushing against UW the other night.

Hence why he is basically 4th on the list
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

LawyerHog50

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HardCore on December 02, 2017, 09:45:30 am
Hence why he is basically 4th on the list
he's 3rd, Baw, right where I ranked him. Norvell, Kiffin, leach.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

He BEAT USC, the Pac-12 champ, is ranked top 20 all year, won AT Oregon, etc, yet he's not good enough for you SMFH.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

LawyerHog50

Leach would be a great coach starting in season 3. He was one win from BCS stardom at TTU, which was a terrible program before he took over.

Would it work in the SEC? After a year or two, sure. SEC talent v. SEC talent.

but better candidates exist, IMHO.

gawntrail

PerfectMedium

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 10:31:17 am
Leach would be a great coach starting in season 3. He was one win from BCS stardom at TTU, which was a terrible program before he took over.

aagreed, but I would put Leach around 4th in my power ratings for us. Kiffin, gus, norvell, leach and Venables top 5
@Slackaveli

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 10:32:43 am
aagreed, but I would put Leach around 4th in my power ratings for us. Kiffin, gus, norvell, leach and Venables top 5

With the exception of Kiffin that's a good list.

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Pig in the Pokey

i think we are in good shape. compare those names to the names Bert, Nutt, Johnelle...
@Slackaveli

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 10:26:25 am
He BEAT USC, the Pac-12 champ, is ranked top 20 all year, won AT Oregon, etc, yet he's not good enough for you SMFH.
Idc about PAC 10 pudding ball. Throw the ball 50 times against the SEC blue bloods and we'll get humiliated.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 10:31:17 am

And a middle of the pack Ole Miss team coached by HDN hung half a hundred on the best team he ever had at Tech in the Cotton Bowl.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 02, 2017, 11:09:29 am
And a middle of the pack Ole Miss team coached by HDN hung half a hundred on the best team he ever had at Tech in the Cotton Bowl.

You've got a point there. Like most coaches, Leach seems to take a turd once or twice a season.

NuttinItUp

Kiffin.

Would bring a media splash and increase recruiting 10-fold.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 02, 2017, 11:14:50 am
Kiffin.

Would bring a media splash and increase recruiting 10-fold.
I really like Lane. He's my number two. But a very wise man asked me the other day if I personally would hire a guy that's been fired 3 times and is barely 40 years old. It made me think.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 02, 2017, 11:17:24 am
I really like Lane. He's my number two. But a very wise man asked me the other day if I personally would hire a guy that's been fired 3 times and is barely 40 years old. It made me think.

Exactly.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 02, 2017, 11:17:24 am

The USC thing was the only real firing.

He left Tennessee to coach USC, he left Alabama to head coach FAU, and the Oakland thing doesn't really count because the owner was nuts.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 02, 2017, 11:20:57 am
The USC thing was the only real firing.

He left Tennessee to coach USC, he left Alabama to head coach FAU, and the Oakland thing doesn't really count because the owner was nuts.
Like I said I like the guy. But Oakland, USC, and Saban all ran him off. Saban took a major gamble by doing so. He gambled on a NC. So he must've really been irritated that Lane wasn't focused after the took the FAU job.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 02, 2017, 11:24:48 am
Like I said I like the guy. But Oakland, USC, and Saban all ran him off. Saban took a major gamble by doing so. He gambled on a NC. So he must've really been irritated that Lane wasn't focused after the took the FAU job.

That's probably true, but he wasn't fired from Bama because he already had FAU lined up first.

LawyerHog50

Norvell stinking it up already.

How is Frost so low on everyone's list?

pigmania

jrulz83

Somebody needs to run this poll after the conclusion of Memphis vs UCF and UNT vs FAU.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: pigmania on December 02, 2017, 11:33:33 am
Frost is showing how he's heads above Norvell.

People consider Frost Nebraska-Bound. http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/scott-frost-nebraska-ucf-fsu-tennessee-college-football-coaching-rumors/c50dbwl5kzyf1a260pwpamykm

But that's if they didn't show interest.... suppose Arkansas offered him 7 million a year, Which is What TN offered BRohm?

Better than Gus, IMHO

LawyerHog50

Maybe the UCF game will get Frost a few more votes?

LawyerHog50

Norvell leads kiffin by 7 votes. Bet that will change depending on the outcome of the ongoing game.

LawyerHog50

If you think the Powers that Be are wanting to sell tickets, then you have to agree that the Chad Morris angle is a troll job.

Everyone gets THREE VOTES...and Chad has nothing. Think he will sell seats? Nope.

LawyerHog50

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jmark on December 02, 2017, 01:17:05 pm
playboy kiffin.  i say give him a new harley.

Is that code for ex-volleyball player?

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

TheEnemy

Quote from: pigmania on December 02, 2017, 11:33:33 am
Frost is showing how he's heads above Norvell.

Well UCF probably has more talent.  UCF is the 2nd largest university in the US and the largest university in Florida.

LawyerHog50

JONAS

I want Kiffin or Norvell.  I have a feeling it will be Morris or Horton.  I hope I am wrong.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 02:12:12 pm
I want Kiffin or Norvell.  I have a feeling it will be Morris or Horton.  I hope I am wrong.

If that is true I'll see you when the next HC search begins in 4 years

LawyerHog50

Looks like enables has pulled ahead to #3, but still far behind #2

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 10:24:18 am

If Gus does come home someone needs to shop this GIF with Gus' head in an Arkansas visor and have the bird explode with Gus' gesture.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.