Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The USC game has some growing excitement

Started by HognotinMemphis, August 18, 2006, 11:21:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

sort of like hearing about a fight that is about to happen. You don't care who wins...you just want to see the fight. I think most rational Hog fans know the Hogs will lose barring a miracle. But they want to be there just in case and want to be there to say they saw it if it happens to be another once in a lifetime slaughter like last year in LA.

Should be fun if you can look at it like a game that can't be won. I'll be having a great time after the game win or lose.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ConwayHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 18, 2006, 11:21:23 pm
sort of like hearing about a fight that is about to happen. You don't care who wins...you just want to see the fight. I think most rational Hog fans know the Hogs will lose barring a miracle. But they want to be there just in case and want to be there to say they saw it if it happens to be another once in a lifetime slaughter like last year in LA.

Should be fun if you can look at it like a game that can't be won. I'll be having a great time after the game win or lose.

HiM-Did you say you were making the trip from Memphis?  I know you have some other games circled on your calendar this year.  I would want to be there for Dale's last season as well.

SemperHawg

There are alot of oppinions on why the hogs won't be able to win Sept. 2nd, most of wich I agree with.  That being said, during all of the injuries(D Mac, CD, ect) and the contreversy over who starts, RoJo or MM, Not much attention is being payed to R Herring and Co., who I honestly belive, based on last years accomplichments and the progress made so, is one of the canfrence and maybe even the nations sleepers this year.  While being a little shallow at LB, we posses a huge upside on D this year and there gonna keep us close enogh to win 8 or 9, including USC.

The road may be bumpy not only against USC but for the year, but in the end we have a reason to be excited because Herring is going to put us in a postion to win no matter who starts at QB!

ConwayHog

Quote from: SemperHawg on August 18, 2006, 11:35:52 pm
There are alot of oppinions on why the hogs won't be able to win Sept. 2nd, most of wich I agree with.  That being said, during all of the injuries(D Mac, CD, ect) and the contreversy over who starts, RoJo or MM, Not much attention is being payed to R Herring and Co., who I honestly belive, based on last years accomplichments and the progress made so, is one of the canfrence and maybe even the nations sleepers this year.  While being a little shallow at LB, we posses a huge upside on D this year and there gonna keep us close enogh to win 8 or 9, including USC.

The road may be bumpy not only against USC but for the year, but in the end we have a reason to be excited because Herring is going to put us in a postion to win no matter who starts at QB!

Every year we hear this type of optimism.  When will it ever end? 

Welcome to the board.  I'll let someone else pick on your spelling.  I'm feeling nice tonight.

SemperHawg

The spelling is horific i agree, it happens when your in the middle of nowhere on a training opp and just checking on the hogs with your friends blackberry, for that i am sorry.

I have no appology for the optimism!

razor

HoginMemphis, you are one of the cold timid souls who dare not enter the arena, but choose instead to sit outside the arena and second guess with 20/20 hindsight those who are in the arena toiling with their sweat and blood, and in the end, if our beloved hogs are victors you will claim to have been right there with them all along, but if they suffer defeat, you will be there to proclaim your superior intellect, trumpeting that you foresaw it all along, implying that we would be better off with someone as brave as you leading the way. Please, my friend, find another team to root for. I would suggest maybe the Yankees or the Fighting Irish. Perhaps the Longhorns, the Buckeyes, the Wolverines......just find you some frontrunner to fill the bottomless pit that is your stomach of insecurity.

SemperHawg

The results are back already...the spelling looked good on that last one.

Hoggam's Razor

This game reminds me of the Texas game in 2003.  We were tremendous underdogs and the hype was unbelievable. 
This is one of those games that we shouldn't win........but sometimes we pull a W out of our A$$.
I hate it when people complain.

razor

just remember, whether we win or lose H.I.M. will be having a good time.

ConwayHog

Quote from: SemperHawg on August 18, 2006, 11:51:23 pm

You're going to regret saying this.

geoffhog

Quote from: SemperHawg on August 18, 2006, 11:44:33 pm
The spelling is horific i agree, it happens when your in the middle of nowhere on a training opp and just checking on the hogs with your friends blackberry, for that i am sorry.

I have no appology for the optimism!
+1
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

_Collin1

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 18, 2006, 11:37:40 pm

Welcome to the board.  I'll let someone else pick on your spelling.  I'm feeling nice tonight.

6,157 posts....  I am sure there has never been a mistake. 
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

ConwayHog

Found these few for you. 

We're not even going to begin the discussion about sentence structure.  I can only hope HoopHog reads this post.

ConwayHog

Quote from: BigC51 on August 18, 2006, 11:59:54 pm

6,157 posts....  I am sure there has never been a mistake.  Arrogant A-hole.

How's it going tonight BigC51?

_Collin1

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 19, 2006, 12:00:40 am

Just lost a 200 dollar buy in on Absolute Poker, im a little pissed.

geoffhog

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 19, 2006, 12:00:00 am

Found these few for you. 

We're not even going to begin the discussion about sentence structure.  I can only hope HoopHog reads this post.
Holy Shiite!! Are you a freakin' English teacher? Get over yourself, jerk.

ConwayHog

Quote from: BigC51 on August 19, 2006, 12:01:46 am

I imagine so.  There a reason they call it gambling.  Quit right now and don't lose any more money.

ConwayHog

Quote from: geoffhog on August 19, 2006, 12:02:13 am

Found these few for you. 

Nope.  I hated English in school.  However, he said his spelling looked fine.  Things like this just jump out at you on the screen.

_Collin1

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 19, 2006, 12:02:52 am
Quote from: BigC51 on August 19, 2006, 12:01:46 am

I imagine so.  There a reason they call it gambling.  Quit right now and don't lose any more money.

If I would have won I could have bought maybe 1 ticket to the USC game for a family member :)

geoffhog

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 19, 2006, 12:04:05 am

Found these few for you. 

Nope.  I hated English in school.  However, he said his spelling looked fine.  Things like this just jump out at you on the screen.
Then maybe you're taking this stuff just a little too serious.

ConwayHog

Quote from: geoffhog on August 19, 2006, 12:07:28 am

Found these few for you. 

I believe that would be a few other people in this thread.  I'm getting a kick out of the responses. 

geoffhog

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 19, 2006, 12:09:34 am
Quote from: geoffhog on August 19, 2006, 12:07:28 am

Found these few for you. 

I believe that would be a few other people in this thread.  I'm getting a kick out of the responses. 
It seems to me you're getting a kick out of correcting someone's spelling.

hogs dont cry

What the hell is wrong with being optimistic?  Every college football fan in America is excited about the upcoming season for their program except for you pessimistic jackasses.

You act like this guy is an idiot for being excited about the upcoming season and expecting good things from this team.  What's wrong with you?  He's a Razorback fan who expects good things this year.  What's wrong with that?

By the way, when you have nothing intelligent to say, you can always find spelling errors, right?

hoginator

Quote from: SemperHawg on August 18, 2006, 11:51:23 pm

You might re-check that last one. One of those words needs one more "r"...
"horrific"
;)
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

GrizzledHogFan

Found these few for you. 

The only excuse for poor spelling in a post is laziness.  After all, there is a spell check button...
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

ConwayHog

Quote from: hogs dont cry on August 19, 2006, 12:17:22 am
You act like this guy is an idiot for being excited about the upcoming season and expecting good things from this team.  What's wrong with you?  He's a Razorback fan who expects good things this year.  What's wrong with that?

He's a razorback fan who has forgotten who our coach is.  I'm still fired up about the season (for various reasons) but don't ever mistake excitement with expecting a nine or ten win season.  The opportunity is there but I'm not expecting for it to happen.  We go through this every year.  And nearly every year, people leave crushed.  People can still be excited about the shot of knocking off USC and winning some football games without going bonkers on the predictions.

If you don't think I'm excited, check out this post:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,69025.msg907164.html#msg907164

ConwayHog

Found these few for you. 

What's odd is that many of you in this thread became ten times more upset than the original poster.  He doesn't care so I'm curious as to why many of you did.  Hogville is great.  I can choose my method of aggravation, sit back, and watch you guys get your panties in a wad.

hoginator

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 19, 2006, 12:54:44 am
  Hogville is great.  I can choose my method of aggravation, sit back, and watch you guys get your panties in a wad.

I knew this thread was starting to smell...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Pragmatic PiG

There are alot of oppinions on why the hogs won't be able to win Sept. 2nd, most of wich I agree with.  That being said, during all of the injuries(D Mac, CD, ect) and the contreversy over who starts, RoJo or MM, Not much attention is being payed to R Herring and Co., who I honestly belive, based on last years accomplichments and the progress made so, is one of the canfrence and maybe even the nations sleepers this year.  While being a little shallow at LB, we posses a huge upside on D this year and there gonna keep us close enogh to win 8 or 9, including USC.

Found these few for you. 

What's odd is that many of you in this thread became ten times more upset than the original poster.  He doesn't care so I'm curious as to why many of you did.  Hogville is great.  I can choose my method of aggravation, sit back, and watch you guys get your panties in a wad.

no doubt, you must have been rubbing Geoffy boy the wrong way for sometime.

Good job, keep it up

ConwayHog

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on August 19, 2006, 01:01:58 am
There are alot of oppinions on why the hogs won't be able to win Sept. 2nd, most of wich I agree with.  That being said, during all of the injuries(D Mac, CD, ect) and the contreversy over who starts, RoJo or MM, Not much attention is being payed to R Herring and Co., who I honestly belive, based on last years accomplichments and the progress made so, is one of the canfrence and maybe even the nations sleepers this year.  While being a little shallow at LB, we posses a huge upside on D this year and there gonna keep us close enogh to win 8 or 9, including USC.

Found these few for you. 

no doubt, you must have been rubbing Geoffy boy the wrong way for sometime.

Good job, keep it up

Thanks.

+1 to myself

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 19, 2006, 12:50:31 am

He's a razorback fan who has forgotten who our coach is.  I'm still fired up about the season (for various reasons) but don't ever mistake excitement with expecting a nine or ten win season.  The opportunity is there but I'm not expecting for it to happen.  We go through this every year.  And nearly every year, people leave crushed.  People can still be excited about the shot of knocking off USC and winning some football games without going bonkers on the predictions.

He said he thought the defense would keep us close enough to win 8 or 9 games this year.  While optimistic, I wouldn't call that "going bonkers".

As for the post you linked, why would you get fired up about the team running through the 'A' before the game?  Have you forgotten who the coach is leading them on the field?  When will your optimism end Fresh Legs?

ConwayHog

Quote from: hogs dont cry on August 19, 2006, 01:26:02 am
Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 19, 2006, 12:50:31 am

He said he thought the defense would keep us close enough to win 8 or 9 games this year.  While optimistic, I wouldn't call that "going bonkers".

As for the post you linked, why would you get fired up about the team running through the 'A' before the game?  Have you forgotten who the coach is leading them on the field?  When will your optimism end Fresh Legs?

Because it's a hogs game.  I always enjoy the time leading up to the game.  I may not like the coach but I'll be there cheering my hogs on.  I think they'll beat some people in spite of him.  I do like some of our assistants.

MrSpook1352

Quote from: razor on August 18, 2006, 11:58:22 pm
just remember, whether we win or lose H.I.M. will be having a good time.

And that's the one thing that make life worth living. ;)

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 18, 2006, 11:27:41 pm
Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 18, 2006, 11:21:23 pm

HiM-Did you say you were making the trip from Memphis?  I know you have some other games circled on your calendar this year.  I would want to be there for Dale's last season as well.
Yes, coming to the USC, Bama and Ole Miss games as of now. Have a room at Inn at Carnall Hall for Bama and Ole Miss so that will make those two nicer trips than the USC game where we are stuck at some dump in Bentonville.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: razor on August 18, 2006, 11:48:52 pm
HoginMemphis, you are one of the cold timid souls who dare not enter the arena, but choose instead to sit outside the arena and second guess with 20/20 hindsight those who are in the arena toiling with their sweat and blood, and in the end, if our beloved hogs are victors you will claim to have been right there with them all along, but if they suffer defeat, you will be there to proclaim your superior intellect, trumpeting that you foresaw it all along, implying that we would be better off with someone as brave as you leading the way. Please, my friend, find another team to root for. I would suggest maybe the Yankees or the Fighting Irish. Perhaps the Longhorns, the Buckeyes, the Wolverines......just find you some frontrunner to fill the bottomless pit that is your stomach of insecurity.
Nice post...Teddy. Did you have a copy of Man in the Arena beside you while typing that post?

I lived in South Bend for 2 years as a 12 and 13 year old so I have been a fan of ND since '73. And I have been a Longhorns fan longer than that. I like picking on Hog fans...talk about insecure.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: phitauhog on August 18, 2006, 11:56:02 pm
This game reminds me of the Texas game in 2003.  We were tremendous underdogs and the hype was unbelievable. 
This is one of those games that we shouldn't win........but sometimes we pull a W out of our A$$.

The major difference between this game and the '03 Texas game is that this game is being played in RRS. That's 12 to 14 points for USC by itself.

RRS is the away field advantage.

hog caller

semper hog don't worry about the spelling here every one has fat fingers anyway. we are not being graded are we. keep your weapon clean though.