Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video of Enos mic'd up

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 22, 2015, 10:21:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 23, 2015, 08:53:31 am
Nice try, but not true, he took over for Jones and Butch Jones runs a pro-style offense. Besides he was there for half a decade and never finished better than 7-6

When Enos got there, they had one tight end on the roster. He had to completely turn over the roster. And yeah, he's probably not as good of a head coach as butch jones, but he had a succesful offense running a very similar style to the one we are running here.

earshot

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 23, 2015, 08:57:24 am
"Boom" has proven to be a defensive wiz and it's shown on the field. From Auburn - Texas - Florida - his defenses have been nothing less than stout. His ability to be a HC, well the verdict is still out on that one.

That is the point. You are not happy with Enos the head coach, but we hired Enos the OC.

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 23, 2015, 08:37:22 am
Lets just be completely honest about this hire, coaches Brian Kelly and Butch Jones had the CMU football program rolling in the right direction. As soon as coach Enos took the helms it immediately began to screech to an erupting halt. I'm sorry I find this hire to be highly questionable right now. Although I really hope he works out and he does a tremendous job here, I'm yet to find any indications of that happening here for him after viewing some of his past stops.

Same ole' MSM. Enos was vetted by the entire offensive staff, but what do they know?
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Sportster365

Quote from: earshot on January 23, 2015, 09:14:45 am
That is the point. You are not happy with Enos the head coach, but we hired Enos the OC.

Your point was basically that both coaches did a lousy job at their last schools as head coaches. What makes "Boom" a better hire than Enos was your point as I understood it.

I can't determine whether I'm happy or not about the hire until after he's coached some games. I'm merely pointing out places where I see concern or begs question.

Sportster365

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on January 23, 2015, 09:28:44 am
Same ole' MSM. Enos was vetted by the entire offensive staff, but what do they know?

I'm sure because they'd all like to keep their jobs.

Sportster365

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 23, 2015, 09:09:18 am
When Enos got there, they had one tight end on the roster. He had to completely turn over the roster. And yeah, he's probably not as good of a head coach as butch jones, but he had a succesful offense running a very similar style to the one we are running here.

I seriously doubt that, Jones recruited fairly well there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 23, 2015, 08:53:31 am
Nice try, but not true, he took over for Jones and Butch Jones runs a pro-style offense. Besides he was there for half a decade and never finished better than 7-6

Not according to people who actually follow their team...

http://gcmag.org/opinion-fire-up-dan-enos/

According to that article, which won't let me post the excerpt, many alumni and boosters were upset that he came in and "stripped the team of their identity to install his own philosophy, a pro style concept". 

hogwild6700

Quote from: OldCoot on January 22, 2015, 11:23:26 am
I can tell that he coached under John L., and that is not a cut down.  John L. was funny and likable in most instances. 

I was thinking the same thing.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 08:23:10 am
That's not really all that true.  Chaney USED to be a spread guy until he went to the NFL, where he morphed his game into a pro-style offense.  Chaney was a pro-style guy, I just think he leaned on the passing game too much for BB's style.  Meaning when it was crunch time, Chaney wanted to pass and CBB wanted to run. 

How do you morph your offense as a TE/assistant OL coach?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Sportster365

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 09:44:58 am
Not according to people who actually follow their team...

http://gcmag.org/opinion-fire-up-dan-enos/

According to that article, which won't let me post the excerpt, many alumni and boosters were upset that he came in and "stripped the team of their identity to install his own philosophy, a pro style concept".

Butch Jones runs a pro style offense. Not sure what more I can say about it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on January 23, 2015, 09:48:09 am
How do you morph your offense as a TE/assistant OL coach?

You get involved with a pro-style offensive scheme and start to believe it to be superior to the spread.  So you morph your spread ideas into a scheme that fits into the mold of a pro style system. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 23, 2015, 09:53:24 am

You could, I dunno, listen to the people that actually follow that team.  They say Enos came in and changed the identity of the system.  Maybe it was from one pro style to a completely different pro style, but he went through some serious issues because of the change in styles. 

Hogsmo Kramer

I like what I see.

Heck he makes me wanna play for him.

Sign me up coach, I eat wheaties for breakfast and donuts.....DONUTS!!!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 23, 2015, 08:37:22 am
Lets just be completely honest about this hire, coaches Brian Kelly and Butch Jones had the CMU football program rolling in the right direction. As soon as coach Enos took the helms it immediately began to screech to an erupting halt. I'm sorry I find this hire to be highly questionable right now. Although I really hope he works out and he does a tremendous job here, I'm yet to find any indications of that happening here for him after viewing some of his past stops.

Sorry, but you lost a lot of cred with the use of "erupting halt".

LOL

And, for further perspective on the "wisdom" found here about how well new coaches will work out, look at this reaction to the hire of an another assistant coach.  Pretty much nailed it - didn't they?

NAAAAAHHHHH!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=561436.100

PorkRinds

Sportster365

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 23, 2015, 10:02:36 am
Sorry, but you lost a lot of cred with the use of "erupting halt".

LOL

And, for further perspective on the "wisdom" found here about how well new coaches will work out, look at this reaction to the hire of an another assistant coach.  Pretty much nailed it - didn't they?

NAAAAAHHHHH!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=561436.100

OK, wiz you got me there. If you can't laugh at yourself sometimes then what's life worth to you....

I figured someone would go there, but yes there were some legitimate questions with the Robb Smith hire.

Was the success more Shiano, then it was Smith?
Was it simply good enough for the Big East and would it work in the SEC?

But the most astounding difference in my opinion is that Robb Smith's background showed actual signs of real success. Numbers that could be charted amongst the best defenses in the country. With Enos, I really can't say the same for, although I did hear T.Biddy mention quite an encouraging stat to grasp on to and it was Enos' offenses putting up like 3000 passing yds and 2000 rushing yds, now was this on a consistent basis? I don't know and haven't researched it for myself. But if that's true then the future could be bright. Most importantly if he could do anything to help our QBs completion % then that alone would help tremendously imo.

Tusks

Ah, BJ is a spread guy.  Carry on, don't let facts get in the way of a good troll.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

gawntrail

His energy is contagious.  I like how he is in among the kids.  That goes a long way toward getting buy in.  Lots of good stuff to look forward to.

IBleedRazorbackRed

1. Youtube.com
2. search Central Michigan football Butch Jones
3. see how many times they went 5 wide out of the gun
4. come back and admit you are wrong.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 08:23:10 am
That's not really all that true.  Chaney USED to be a spread guy until he went to the NFL, where he morphed his game into a pro-style offense.  Chaney was a pro-style guy, I just think he leaned on the passing game too much for BB's style.  Meaning when it was crunch time, Chaney wanted to pass and CBB wanted to run.
Perhaps, but Chaney's background is clearly grounded in the spread. In Chaney's last year at Tenner, 2012, they had about 3600 yards passing and about 1300 yards rushing. Interestingly enough, that's pretty much the exact same stats that Arkansas had under Petrino the year before.

Perhaps it would be fairer to say that Chaney likes to run a pro-style more geared towards passing (think Mike McCarthy pro style) while Bielema likes to run a pro-style more geared towards the run (think Bill Cowher pro style).
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

WBOBO

I really kind of like this guy.  He kinda seems like a James Franklin to me.  Smart, yet down to earth, and players magnetize to him.

I guess we will see what he has when we're in Tuscalooza, 4th qtr and it's 21-18
with 3 minutes to go.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

The Boar War

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 23, 2015, 12:43:20 pm

But the most astounding difference in my opinion is that Robb Smith's background showed actual signs of real success. Numbers that could be charted amongst the best defenses in the country. With Enos, I really can't say the same for, although I did hear T.Biddy mention quite an encouraging stat to grasp on to and it was Enos' offenses putting up like 3000 passing yds and 2000 rushing yds, now was this on a consistent basis? I don't know and haven't researched it for myself.

So you're complaining about the numbers but you really don't know if he put the 3000/2000 numbers up consistently?

Are you just complaining?

ChitownHawg

A little research on Google would help you tremendously in knowing how wrong you are with this. Or you can ignore my suggestion and continue to take an ill informed position in this discussion.

You can even go read the thread / article by SECisKing to help you learn why everyone is saying your statement is wrong. Hopefully you will take the mature route by doing some research then come back to state you were wrong.

Not holding my breath waiting on you to choose the mature route.   ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"