Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach said he will have a DC within 7 days, please let him know BO Mattingly has already made that d

Started by arkansasrazorback, February 05, 2014, 12:04:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

I wish Bo would have brought his name up in the interview they had.

It didn't happen.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: jtshogs on February 05, 2014, 03:30:16 pm
Coach said he will have a DC within 7 days, please let him know Bo Mattingly has already made that decision for him! Bo has Robb Smith all over the local news and coachingsearch.com! LOLS  Another new LO for BO!

What if it ends up being Robb Smith?

Michael Porkleone

I asked Bo about it on Twitter - his response on the radio and twitter was a bit of a duck and cover. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Scott7703

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on February 05, 2014, 04:17:21 pm
I asked Bo about it on Twitter - his response on the radio and twitter was a bit of a duck and cover. 

Of course it was. He is a big shot behind the keyboard but not so much face to face. Who really knows what is going on.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 05, 2014, 04:20:49 pm
Of course it was. He is a big shot behind the keyboard but not so much face to face. Who really knows what is going on.

This is a looming question that needs to be answered.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Fayettechill14

Bielema said he would have an ANNOUNCEMENT within seven days. Did not say when or if a decision is made. It's likely he already knows who it is or is fairly confident.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on February 05, 2014, 06:16:31 pm
Bielema said he would have an ANNOUNCEMENT within seven days. Did not say when or if a decision is made. It's likely he already knows who it is or is fairly confident.
could be the he wants the coach to be there to introduce him and said coach is still in the process of arranging his move to NWA.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Wild Bill Hog

Maybe it was going to be Smith, but he got another offer which he wants to investigate/consider.

hogcard1964

Fayettechill14

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 05, 2014, 06:52:21 pm
What happened to having a DC on national signing day?

I don't know. You're the one that said it, so maybe you should own up to being wrong.

hogcard1964

Fayettechill14

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 05, 2014, 07:01:58 pm
Not me kid.

Then who did? Duckman?

Pete Roussel has been reporting that Bielema will "wait until after National Signing Day to name a new defensive coordinator."

I don't know where you got "on"...

TeedupHigh

Simple, Coach was not ready to name one..........Damn how hard was that?

TeedupHigh

hoglady

Quote from: Johnny Razorback on February 05, 2014, 02:06:28 pm
What did our coaching staff look like then?

The big question to me is what were we PAYING out coaching staff then?
Our assistants and cooridnators right now are getting paid big, big bucks.
More than any staff in our history.
With that salary comes expectations on the field and in recruiting.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RNHog

Bo is like the rest of all these media clowns. Don't know crap but yap like they do.

Be like the rest of the normal fans and shut up.

PorkerOinker

CBB never said he would have or name a DC on Signing Day, that was junk spewed about here on HV, and so many on here took it as truth.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Oliver on February 05, 2014, 12:54:32 pm
Answer my question first.

Let's say I had not known who Barry Odom was until his named surfaced for our DC job.  Then I researched him and formed an educated opinion on his resume.  Then I decided that I liked him better than the other names listed for our DC job.

How is this a bad thing?  How is knowing who Barry Odom was previously relevant to being able to form an educated opinion on him afterwards?

There is nothing wrong with when you form an opinion as long as it is based on facts and empirical data and not just when you've never heard of him before. You are assuming people DID do research and formed an EDUCATED opinion. I bet most on here complaining about him didn't know who he was nor care what he had done Resume'-wise BEFORE they started spouting off about he was not worthy of the job. They ONLY didn't like him because they didn't think he was a BIG enough or known name.  Some still don't think he has done anything although he has a fairly accomplished Resume. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2014, 10:32:37 am
The big question to me is what were we PAYING out coaching staff then?
Our assistants and cooridnators right now are getting paid big, big bucks.
More than any staff in our history.
With that salary comes expectations on the field and in recruiting.

IF you make $7.25 an hour at McDonald's I still expect you to do your job. Nothing is different when you make big bucks.

hogcard1964

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Dropkick

Before some of you start whining about the new LB coach re-read some of the pearls of wisdom in this old thread.

Dropkick

Sample

Quote from: Johnny Razorback on February 05, 2014, 12:38:37 pm
I just want to hear it out of Randy Shannon's mouth that he did not want the DC position.  Until that happens, I'll consider the hiring of Robb Smith an epic fail.  Pretty much on par with most of CBB's other decisions. 

opineonswine

Quote from: Johnny Razorback on February 05, 2014, 12:38:37 pm
I just want to hear it out of Randy Shannon's mouth that he did not want the DC position.  Until that happens, I'll consider the hiring of Robb Smith an epic fail.  Pretty much on par with most of CBB's other decisions.

Post was/is an "epic fail".

HogMantheIntruder

Wow.  I had forgotten how much of a meltdown we had over the hiring of Robb Smith (me included)!  Now we're worried about losing him to the NFL or a HC position.  How times have changed...
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

opineonswine

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 20, 2015, 02:32:47 pm
Wow.  I had forgotten how much of a meltdown we had over the hiring of Robb Smith (me included)!  Now we're worried about losing him to the NFL or a HC position.  How times have changed...

AJ Derby comes to mind as well.  Poor kid.  Ruthless criticism turned to regret that he's a senior.

SPAL

Dropkick

Quote from: opineonswine on January 20, 2015, 02:29:42 pm
Post was/is an "epic fail".
Not picking on Johnny in particular, I just thought that was a good example of the angst.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on February 05, 2014, 12:22:42 pm
Major CBB fail if true, sounds like we could have had Butch Davis and end up with some unproven guy that doesn't even have recruiting ties in the area. Stupid!
haha

The NewEra

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 05, 2014, 01:20:45 pm
I'm sure Robb will do okay, but I call shenanigans on waiting to announce it.  if he was too embarrassed to announce it before signing day, then that shows how much he believes in what he is doing.

Oops!  Who should be embarrassed now?

The NewEra

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 05, 2014, 01:58:40 pm
RUs defense the year he was a DC was allowing 14 points per game. The year before w/ Flood they were allowing 18 ppg so that's an improvement.

Take a bow RazorPiggie!

The NewEra

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 05, 2014, 02:21:47 pm
I simply cannot get behind EVERY decision that's being made.
If this is the best candidate that CBB could come up with, then maybe he's in over his head!
And why not name his prize a month ago, why wait until AFTER NSD if CBB's so proud of his "alleged" hire???
This makes NO sense at all.

Another Nostradamus prediction!

Fayettechill14

TrueBlue

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 06, 2014, 07:17:11 pm
Make no mistake, it's a fiasco.

SO how's that Robb Smith hiring fiasco going for you? I guess you aren't a coaching hiring expert after all................

hawginbigd1

Quote from: opineonswine on January 20, 2015, 02:33:54 pm
AJ Derby comes to mind as well.  Poor kid.  Ruthless criticism turned to regret that he's a senior.

Your shooting a little high here, no way he should have ever been the backup QB!

The NewEra

WichitaStateRazorback

I support whoever BB wants.  Last year I referred to Robb Smith as a doedick.  I was wrong and now ready to trust BB fully.

PaintballHog