Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 04, 2024, 10:38:06 am

BLACK SHIRTS ON ESPN

Started by spehog, September 29, 2006, 04:12:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spehog

September 29, 2006, 04:12:58 pm Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 09:17:32 am by hogapalooza
Please tell me this was someone on this board...just came up on ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2607558

Woo Pig.
Woo Pig.

hogs24

I've seen the same facts in someone's sig here....
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

hogmary

If Arkansas were so "image conscious", HDN and SH would not be coaches here.

football17

Read various other threads on here... been the topic of conversation all day

Oliver

Sweet.  I was hoping that the T-shirt story would make ESPN.  With ESPN practically backing Miami's fans stance on wanting to fire Larry Coker, now they can see a real reason to want a coach fired.

Reaganite

Quote from: hogs24 on September 29, 2006, 04:16:53 pm

Way to go U of A!  Hope you enjoy the publicity you've just rained down on yourself.

RazorWire

Quote from: Reaganite on September 29, 2006, 04:22:19 pm
Quote from: hogs24 on September 29, 2006, 04:16:53 pm

Way to go U of A!  Hope you enjoy the publicity you've just rained down on yourself.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

CoachJ

10thPlanet

Yep, the UofA is worried shirts will hurt their image, losing doesn't affect it at all.

HedgeDweller

Yep, you shirt folks ought to be real proud of yourself....

WilsonHog

Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 29, 2006, 05:19:13 pm

I wonder............just who is responsible for accumulating the numbers printed on the back of that shirt?

Oliver

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 29, 2006, 05:21:37 pm

I wonder............just who is responsible for accumulating the numbers printed on the back of that shirt?

Well, the guy who made the shirt of course and made it public.  Houston Nutt's SEC record was marvelous before some guy changed it and put it on the back of a shirt for everyone to see.

10thPlanet

I don't own a T-Shirt, but I do spend money with the UofA. So I'm a little bit more concerned with the later of my statement, which is the UofA cares more about Shirts than Winning.

Cresthog

Wow...That is crazy. Ya know...I kind of get mad see this section of the article

"Larru, born and raised in Alma, said he gave up the shirts because he was worried about losing his front-row season tickets. "

TechHawg

His record is not the point here. The point here is that he is degrading our team, now in front of the whole country, while our head coach is trying to fix the problems.

The Rub

You need to find a girlfriend whose name does not end in jpg.

RazorWire

Thanks I'm the caller behind the grassy knoll

HogasaurusRex

missippihog

Quote from: TechHawg on September 29, 2006, 05:34:56 pm
His record is not the point here. The point here is that he is degrading our team, now in front of the whole country, while our head coach is trying to fix the problems.

Where are all those that come on here saying don't talk about players because that will hurt recruiting? I'm sure recruits love to see crap like this on ESPN and would love to come to Arkansas. Hypocrites.

98hogs

Maybe Houston can catch the wind right and blow this story a yard short

HedgeDweller

[/quote

And who is disputing the 'numbers'?  Nobody that I have seen.  That is public information that anyone that cares already knows...
More great 'positive' publicity for the state.

RazorWire

Quote from: missippihog on September 29, 2006, 05:38:07 pm
Quote from: CoachJ on September 29, 2006, 05:14:26 pm

If he really believed in what he was selling he should have manned up and not gave in. He got punked out by the UA. What a puss.

His name is Pseudorabies. He's a global MOD here , tell him to his face big man. He's at all the tailgates.

three

It's funny to me people like Mississippihog are on here picking on Caleb for having these shirts made, and he's too biased to see what's really going on here.  The UA is bullying a fan because he's not pleased with the coach and let's it be known.  Do you think the money he was profitting from those shirts was more than the amount he donates to the program every year for his season tickets!?!?

This is bogus, people, wake up and pull your head out of the haze.  This program thinks they are bigger than the fans.....I mean slaps!  Without those slaps, there is NO program!!!!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

RazorWire

Quote from: three on September 29, 2006, 05:58:58 pm
It's funny to me people like Mississippihog are on here picking on Caleb for having these shirts made, and he's too biased to see what's really going on here.  The UA is bullying a fan because he's not pleased with the coach and let's it be known.  Do you think the money he was profitting from those shirts was more than the amount he donates to the program every year for his season tickets!?!?

This is bogus, people, wake up and pull your head out of the haze.  This program thinks they are bigger than the fans.....I mean slaps!  Without those slaps, there is NO program!!!!

Good post. However , the U of A knows that the uninformed fan is it's greatest ally. They would gladly take one MississippiHog over 10 people that are unhappy with the state of the program.

I guarauntee if we had not got Mitch to commit here we would not be having this discussion at all ...

HedgeDweller

It's okay to put the record or whatever on there, putting HDN's picture is what crossed the line...

Hawgz4Life

williamsB

with FACTS on Butch Davis that just told all his negative things, and make fans not want him?

Or is he perfect and has no negatives?

Just wondering.

BTW, if I knew a coach could get Bledsoe to play hard, that is who I am for :)

three

Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 29, 2006, 06:03:34 pm

It's okay to put the record or whatever on there, putting HDN's picture is what crossed the line...
I understand what crossed the line, but don't think for ONE SECOND, they wouldn't try this stuff if his picture wasn't there.  Did you catch the part in the article about selling it on UA property, that's what they would have hit him with.  AND, from knowing some of what was going down after this, Caleb offered to take HDN's picture off, and the UA said they'd come after him anyway, UNLESS he stopped producing the shirts altogether.  That's where I have the problem.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

football17

How has this thread survived? This has only been mentioned in at least 3 other threads throughout the day that the story made national media...

hogfan13

HedgeDweller

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on September 29, 2006, 06:16:57 pm
You go man...NATIONAL ATTENITON

You have a picture of Paul as your sig.  He was a great man and I appreciate you honoring him...  But I can imagine how embarrassed he would be by the 'shirt' deal.

three

Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 29, 2006, 06:20:43 pm
Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on September 29, 2006, 06:16:57 pm
You go man...NATIONAL ATTENITON

You have a picture of Paul as your sig.  He was a great man and I appreciate you honoring him...  But I can imagine how embarrassed he would be by the 'shirt' deal.
Let's not start trying to figure out what the Late Great Mr. Eells might feel or think.

WilsonHog

Maybe while we're at it we could imagine what Orville Henry thought of Nutt.

Oh, wait.........no imagination is necessary.

PIGINAPOKE

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

HogFansReunited

Quote from: missippihog on September 29, 2006, 05:38:07 pm
Quote from: CoachJ on September 29, 2006, 05:14:26 pm

If he really believed in what he was selling he should have manned up and not gave in. He got punked out by the UA. What a puss.

Who are you to call people names.  You don't even know him.  You should really be careful about who you talk crap about.  He is friends with many people on this board and is a mod on here.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

_Collin1

Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

HogasaurusRex

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 29, 2006, 05:24:12 pm

Well, the guy who made the shirt of course and made it public.  Houston Nutt's® SEC record was marvelous before some guy changed it and put it on the back of a shirt for everyone to see.

Fixed it
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

HogDart

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this Caleb Larue was roommates with one of my fraternity brothers my freshman year at UCA. He was a pretty crazy dude, and I can totally see him trying to pull off something like this. Way to go that is hilarious!!

The_Bionic_Pig

For a half a second I thought this post was referring to the Nebraska Defense "Black Shirts"  ::)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dwight_K_Shrute

I propose changing from Black T-Shirts to Black Mini Skirts.  The list on the Front HDN's likeness on the back.

I dare Scott Varaday to ask any lady to take off the skirt at a game.  Sell them strictly for cost.  We at Hogville will pay the set up.

If he or a crony does approach a woman at the game the Female Fan can just reply "Were you looking at my A$$"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BassinHawg

I bet that all the "National" attention about this is not completely over yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see CBS use it as one of the stories leading up to the Auburn game next week.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Buck Ocean

I love this part right here guys:

"Larru said his average profit was 18 cents per shirt and that making money wasn't his major goal."

Ha Ha!!! That is the best quote any fan could ever give regarding his displeasurement with his team.  Randy Rainwater=Kudos!!!!!!!!     This is how it should be done.  My man says that yeah he printed up the shirts, but the delivery of the information on them was critical.....and obviously it worked because the red-coats over there at the University peed britches when they seen 100% facts on the back of a t-shirt.  Thats the best siloutte of Houston's head I've ever seen though....the headset, oh its crunk.
Think like a Jedi

pi

is there anyway to see the picture of HDN used on the t-shirts?  that is, without breaking any copyright laws?  i mean, like send it to my email or something?  i never got to see the shirts...

LZH

Caleb, I wasn't too sure how comfortable I was with the shirts to begin with.  But you have EVERY right to do your thing.  +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize HDN's likeness is probably against the law according to their rules, but other than that...I think we all should pitch in and help you take this to court (Supreme Court if necessary!)

Brilliant!  Good for you.

Now, I think it sends kinda a bad message to recruits...or does it?  Maybe it shows that we won't stand for mediocrity anymore.

I, as well as many of us, could see this coming.  F*ing 'A', brother.

Oh, BTW, how dare you make $0.18 profit off of these shirts!  Shame, shame!

Don't think for one minute this hasn't gotten the attention of the PTB!

Rock on!

ckhawgu

Just start a not for profit organization and take donations to run off prints of these shirts. Then just give them away.... It could happen!

Buster Hog

Well you shirt people had a good day you made it on ESPN.   I hope you are all proud of yourself.
The credit belongs to man who is actually in the arena whose face is marred by dusk, sweat, and blood.

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: Buster Hog on September 29, 2006, 10:51:24 pm
Well you shirt people had a good day you made it on ESPN.   I hope you are all proud of yourself.
Very proud, Hope you guys felt that huge gust of mediocre wind rufflin your lil ostrich tailfeathers; it was the truth.