Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It ain't over ...

Started by RazorWire, September 29, 2006, 02:07:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorWire

This fiasco ( T-shirt ordeal ) is far from over. The U of A has blacked its own eye and hurt its image by it's blind defence of Nutt. Today it ( the shirt ) was printed in a mass media outlet where thousands were exposed to the story.

Every sports minded person will have an opinion about what the shirt said. Joe blue-collar will discuss it with buddies at the water cooler. Secretaries and lawyers will discuss it at lunch. From the blackest of Darksider to the staunchest Hugger , the word will go out across the land.

Other message boards will talk about it. Call in shows will flame Hogville.

Yes my friends , my friend Caleb's message has grown legs. and the bottom line is very simple. The truth hurts. Every thing on the backs of those shirts were FACTS.

And the truth is more than just 5% of Razorback fans have been enlightened to the track record that has been U of A football under HDN.

sooie dog

jackwalker

I'm looking forward to hear Jimmy Lee's take on this.
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

Oliver

Quote from: sooie dog on September 29, 2006, 02:11:06 pm
We need a billboard.

Lol.  Yeah, it should say, "Three moral NC's does NOT make a dynasty."

tobs54

Quote from: jackwalker on September 29, 2006, 02:11:32 pm

Brace yourself for a long talk.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

sooie dog

It would not take that much money if we all pitched in. 

jdhoover

The UofA did not give itself a black-eye today.  It did the same thing with Jermain Taylor and the proposed hockey team in Little Rock.  Those were much bigger issues than this 5% club ordeal you have built up. 

What the article did show is that we have some fans who will (somewhat) stick by their guns on this issue, but not enought to give up their season tickets or even wear the shirt to the game. 

Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

98hogs

Quote from: tobs54 on September 29, 2006, 02:12:58 pm

Brace yourself for a long talk.

I never can understand him.  I can understand Jimmy from Grapevine better and I bet he'd buy a shirt!

hogman64

Quote from: jdhoover on September 29, 2006, 02:19:50 pm
The UofA did not give itself a black-eye today.  It did the same thing with Jermain Taylor and the proposed hockey team in Little Rock.  Those were much bigger issues than this 5% club ordeal you have built up. 

What the article did show is that we have some fans who will (somewhat) stick by their guns on this issue, but not enought to give up their season tickets or even wear the shirt to the game. 

You are right........ in the end it will not be that big of a deal for the U of A, but what today does show........the end is near for the Nutt.......

jackwalker

I can make out one or two key words. What I love is how the DTS guys can answer him so quickly and never say "huh?"

Jimmy Lee makes my drive home easier.

doo-ran

I'm looking forward to hearing what he says,,,,I just wish I could understand what the hell he is saying. Gotta love Jimmy Lee though. He's one of a kind.

RazorWire

Um , I wore mine to the Alabama game and will wear it again for Homecoming ; Thanks ...

And in Caleb's defence : I'm sure him and his dad ( both Global Mods here ) don't want to piss away the investment they have made lifetime. It is a well known fact that they are heavy contributers to the foundation.

If the automaker of your car came to you and told you to remove the logos ( chevy ) for example , from your car or lose it. What would you do? I bet you'd remove them.

With regards to the 5% thing. I suggest you do some heavy reading on this board before you get lambasted by the regulars ...

HogFaninGA

Quote from: MikeThrel on September 29, 2006, 02:30:50 pm
Quote from: RazorWire on September 29, 2006, 02:26:23 pm

With regards to the 5% thing. I suggest you do some heavy reading on this board before you get lambasted by the regulars ...

And believe me, it will happen.  If you don't fall in line with their way of thinking, you'll be lambasted for sure and called names like Hugger, Stupid Hugger, General of the Ostrich's, etc.

You throw insults around just as much, friend.

RazorWire

And believe me, it will happen.  If you don't fall in line with their way of thinking, you'll be lambasted for sure and called names like Hugger, Stupid Hugger, General of the Ostrich's, etc.

I believe my post states  ...

From the blackest of Darksider to the staunchest Hugger , the word will go out across the land.

I don't see how either was offending ...

HogFaninGA

Quote from: MikeThrel on September 29, 2006, 02:36:59 pm
Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 29, 2006, 02:31:56 pm

You throw insults around just as much, friend.

Just trying to make the Darksiders look in the mirror, friend.

He who casts the first stone... well you get the picture.  Practice what you preach.

RazorWire

Point of this thread is the fact that whereever you sit on any Razorback related issue , even the furtherest fan will be accutely aware of the facts printed on those shirts.

pikehog

"General of the Ostrich's" I have been on this board awhile and have not come across that one.

I love it.

I nominate Nottshavin for General of the Ostrich's for his recent drinking of the Kool-Aid.,

tobs54

I nominate Nottshavin for General of the Ostrich's for his recent drinking of the Kool-Aid.,
[/quote]

I think that he has been bathing in the kool-aid.  It make for some funny reading though.  I keep expecting "kill Nutt" and I get "love Nutt".  Absolutely hilarious.

hog4lifetime1979

Arkansas is not a huge Boxing state or hocky for that matter so no those are not as big as this.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hogsmash12

QuoteI can understand Jimmy from Grapevine better and I bet he'd buy a shirt!

As well as ask for the line on Bauxite vs Calhoun and Indian Rock vs. Stamps

JIMMY BOARFFETT

September 29, 2006, 03:03:29 pm #24 Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 03:08:41 pm by PIGHEDED
Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 29, 2006, 02:57:24 pm
Quote from: KEYS on September 29, 2006, 02:55:07 pm
Quote from: sooie dog on September 29, 2006, 02:11:06 pm
We need a billboard.

KEYS     I'm in for a donation

Please see my post in the "Show of Support For Caleb" thread.  I'm in for $100 on this as well or both.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

RazorWire

Keys better take the ViaCom out of that picture  ;D

RazorWire

RazorRedneck

Just so you guys are aware, the story about the Shirts has made it to ESPN.com

HogFaninGA

Are you serious?  Link please.

HogMan1321

jackwalker

I would guess

espn.com

Like he said. lol.

bigred7987

Like I said, nothing good is coming from this...No "Victory"

HogFaninGA

RazorWire

To further illustrate my point , ESPN has picked up this story ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2607558

311Hog

Quote from: bigred7987 on September 29, 2006, 03:31:16 pm
Like I said, nothing good is coming from this...No "Victory"

If the Murray state circus gets the boot that is all the good i need.

sooie dog

It looks like it would cost around a $1000 for a month.  I think this is what we would need.

http://www.outdoorbillboard.com/rent/arkansas/AR11.html

I know this can be done.  KU fans put one up for Quin a couple years ago here in Kansas City. 

JIMMY BOARFFETT

What would a full page ad in a Sunday Democrat cost?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

mtpockets

I'll donate.  Tell me win and where.

HogFather

and this did give the UofA a black eye.

Sao Ming

Funniest part of the ESPN story:  Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

RazorWire

This is the funnest thread ever ... FTW®

HogasaurusRex

Im in for the billboard, The DEMGAZ thing would be a lot more difficult IMO.  Not as many much red-tape to go through w/the billboard.

silvertip

Thanks, man. I've never read "General of the Ostrichs" before. Kool. Do you mind if I use that, or do you or hogsanity have a copyright on it?

northsideHog03

Why don't you guys just worry about THIS season?  You guys are making too big of a deal about this.  "Let's make a billboard!"  Our team is winning right now.  We are 3-1 and 2-0 in the SEC.  If we had a losing season, I can see all this talk about wanting Nutt gone.  Let the season play out, then think about doing all the crazy things you want.

Since 1894

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

RazorWire

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.