Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone worried about a let down against Ole Piss?

Started by Hogs GoneWild, February 10, 2008, 09:11:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs GoneWild

With so many players feeling like they lost a father figure in Nutt, does anyone think its possible they might not play as hard as they normally would? I can picture players running out of the A and then going to hug Nutt.

Doug

Absolutely not.  Petrino and others will have our kids fired up, BIG time, for this game.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hambunctious

February 10, 2008, 09:11:55 pm #2 Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 06:22:33 pm by Hambunctious
Not no, but hell no.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hogs GoneWild on February 10, 2008, 09:11:20 pm
With so many players feeling like they lost a father figure in Nutt, does anyone think its possible they might not play as hard as they normally would? I can picture players running out of the A and then going to hug Nutt.

Any Hog that would try to pull that off will have played his last game as a Hog, and deservedly so.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

spiritof92

Not going to happen, especially with Petrino leading this group.

razorback3072

Well, you can bet that if they don't put out an A+ effort, they will quickly lose their position. 
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Hogs GoneWild

Quote from: Duke of Buckingham on February 10, 2008, 09:17:52 pm
You've got to be kidding.

We all saw it in the cotton bowl...they just didnt want to be there. I just hope Petrino can make the players as mentally tough as he is physically

hodgehog

For get the nutter. He had his opp and pissed it all away. When the nut is cracked its just hulls

Hogs GoneWild

by the way great sign idea for the game if televised by ESPN

pEtrino
buSts
olePiss's
    Nutt

spiritof92

There's no way the players will not be up for this game.  Petrino will probably have to keep the players from focusing on this game too much before it's played.

davispard

Have you ever seen the movie "The Last Boy Scout"????  Suspect that would be a good way to describe what will happen to the TCTWF and his Ole Pisser team, and their mascot Colonel Sanders; cause that's all they be able to do when we get thru with them; eat friggin fried chicken.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rzrbaxfan

There will be a few players that may shake hands after the game with Nutt just as a sign of respect, but I feel pretty confident that Petrino will have our boys ready to play.

SquidBilly

The Cotton Bowl was the coaches fault.  How well do you think they were preparing our guys and game planning when they were already half way to Ole Miss.  They probably had their marching orders from nutt to make us look bad in that game.  The ole Miss game is the 7th or 8th game of the season.  Any issues with players not giving maximum effort will be worked out long before then.

hogus maximus

I expect nothing but black jerseys, and hanging 21 on him before he chews his right index finger down to the quick! It's going to be a black out saturday with 3.5 million reasons to kick his dumb a$$!!!! Go Hogs Beat the Chicken -Nutt!!!!
All non-believers stand aside in fear! A new day marches through the dawn!!

want2be

Stealing recruits tapes, unethical recruiting, and making sure Nutt is out coached against his former team will be the fuel Petrino will have to make sure the Hogs are fired up.

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

farmhawg

Quote from: Hogs GoneWild on February 10, 2008, 09:20:59 pm
by the way great sign idea for the game if televised by ESPN

pEtrino
buSts
olePiss's
    Nutt
+1
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HotlantaHog

By this point in the season, the players will be seeing so much difference in how a top football program is run vs. last year that I can't imagine anyone would want to go back.

cityhog

Why would they do that?  Their "father figure" left them remember?  According to the BAC he quit, he wasn't fired.  He left them high and dry before the Cotton Blow.  I hope there is blood in  their eyes when they take the field against Nutty.  The days of playing seniors ahead of more talented players are over. 

jpenrod1

I hope by the time they get to Ole Miss the players will have realized what BP is doing there and they will have forgotten all about Nutt.

OnYourToes

Comparisons to this future game and the Cotton Bowl is not accurate.

The Cotton Bowl was coached by a shell of the former staff without their fearless head used car salesmen.  The staff failed to build a game plan.  The staff falied to monitor the players the night before the game.  The staff falied to execute thier worthless, "wide open" offense.

This new staff will not fail.  They play and plan to win.  They are headed by a coach who's record was 41-9, he brought his brother who assisted in that record.  Other asstants and coordiantors have NFL experience.  The entire staff is professional.  They understand the weight of this game, they know what Nutt did for this program and the views of him by the fan base.  They know full well what they are getting into with this program.

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

DEVICEHIGH

I could imagine some players being friendly with Nutt(after the game). That's OK with me.

I would also imagine any player that runs out of the A to go hug Nutt will not play that game.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Hugulus Hog

What might be tougher is the the mental impact on our guys of hdn coming out to Thunderous Applause when he takes the field in f-ville.

hogus maximus

I fully expect the chicken-nutt to be showered in boos and profanity! Welcome to black out saturday nutt , it's your arse!!!!
All non-believers stand aside in fear! A new day marches through the dawn!!

hog_heaven_2000

I kinda see what you're saying. I don't think they'll give less than their normal effort, but I don't think the players on either side will be as fired up about the game as the fans. If we lose every other SEC game but hammer Ol' Piss, I'll be happy with the season. I don't think the players will fell that way. Except for an uncomfortable moment when they walk by Nutt after the game, it will be just another game to them. Of course I may be wrong about that. There's no way to get into the players' heads. It's just my gut feeling about it.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Justifiable Hogicide

With so many players feeling like they lost a father figure in Nutt,

Their fathers text message the newsbabes at all hours of the day and night?

elkhog

It has crossed my mind also.
GO HOGS!!!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on February 11, 2008, 03:31:20 pm
What might be tougher is the the mental impact on our guys of hdn coming out to Thunderous Applause when he takes the field in f-ville.

I think UA fans may well provide some of their deepest, most heart-felt boos when HDN hobbles across the field next Oct 25. I believe there will be an air of "we're gonna hang half a hundred on your sorry butt" in the stadium.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GOHOGS17

i played against a coach that coached me in 10th & in my jr and sr yr against him and TRUST me-- they will be more fired up for this game than any other!!! We played against a superior team and I made the winning catch that won the game in the 4th.  They'll be pumped!

preach33

Petrino will come up with something that will bring a "little extra inspiration" you can count on it.

JIHawg

Here's how Nutt will approach the game.  He will try to have a bunch of surprises, he might start a different quarterback, or if he's been a running team, he will come out a passing team.  He will have several trick plays.  Remember when he really had it going in 03, # 6 or 7 in the country, had beat Texas and Bama, Auburn comes to Fayetteville, he comes out with Sorahan starting, a new gimicky offense, totally bombs, Auburn gets the upper hand, pulls of an upset, which set Nutt and team into an October tailspin, losing four games in a row.

That's what Nutt does when he has a game he really really wants to win badly, he goes gimicky.

centarkswine

They'll definitely be friendly with Nutt (after the game).

During the game they'll be too busy pounding Nutt's Rebs into the RRS turf.

ronmahony

Quote from: GOHOGS17 on February 11, 2008, 11:13:26 pm
i played against a coach that coached me in 10th & in my jr and sr yr against him and TRUST me-- they will be more fired up for this game than any other!!! We played against a superior team and I made the winning catch that won the game in the 4th.  They'll be pumped!

Exactly, We played against our junior high coach when I was in High School. It was a point of Honor to kick his butt, and after the game we all said hey to him.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

friendian69

Smited for evening asking the question.  Fired up...what true Hog and Hog fan won't be juiced up for that game!!  I know I will be!!

HAWG FAN 55

February 12, 2008, 03:30:45 am #40 Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 03:35:08 am by HAWG FAN 55
Im not worried about the players, petrino will have them to fired up and playing well!! :razorback:

MuskogeeHogFan

Uhhhhh..........NO! That isn't going to happen. I have no doubt that some will go over and shake hands with him after the game and exchange pleasantries, but I doubt he is going to be in much of a mood for that after BP hangs about 50 on Ole Miss. Let down? I don't know about you but I feel the synergy of the fans on this board building towards that game already.
Go Hogs Go!

PIGZSNOUT

All Petrino has to do is show the players the tape from Nuttjob's first presser when he said, "Right now I'm an OLE MISS REBEL."  That so called father figure mentality will fly right out the door.   

OnYourToes

Coach Petrino will have our Hogs marching in like an army.
We will field soldiers, Nutt will have his guys bouncing around out there.

Coach Petrino will praise the game plan that Paul put together and the players for their near flawless execution.  Nutt will look for the nearsest coach to throw under the bus.

Coach Petrino will be out to win a SEC home game.  Nutt will be looking for his old parking spot as part of his triumphial entry on his homecoming.

Coach Petrino will throw the ball down field.  Nutt will run it up the middle.

We will be ready for this one!

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

bigarrazorback

Im not worried one bit by this game and for you to think that some of our players would go show support for nutt at that game is flawed. they want to play football and if they make a move like that then Petrino would make sure that they have a permanent Reservation on the pine and every player realises that. and besides that they are gonna realise by the 2nd game that this style of coaching is going to be much better than lets run 3 smoke draws in a row style of play.

FHSHater

Mississippi leading the world in being just east of Arkansas.

Silver Hog

Quote from: Hogs GoneWild on February 10, 2008, 09:19:18 pm
We all saw it in the cotton bowl...they just didnt want to be there. I just hope Petrino can make the players as mentally tough as he is physically

They have to live with that the rest of their lives if they did that on purpose.