Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 23 THREAD: #4 Arkansas (16-5, 3-0 SEC) @ #2 Florida (19-4, 2-1 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 22, 2018, 07:23:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#4 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs #2 Florida Gators
at Alfred A. McKethan Statium  FRIDAY at 5:30 p.m.

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 23 THREAD
   #4 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS (16-5, 3-0 SEC) vs #2 Florida Gators (19-4, 2-1 SEC)

This is game 1 of a 3 game series which begins on Friday and concludes on Sunday.

Friday's First Pitch is set for 5:30 p.m. central time and THIS GAME WILL NOT BE TELEVISED, however will be streamed on SECN+.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

PoconoHog will provide the play-by-play narrative for this this game.  A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , ucaHogfan, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler, Maddhog, JHicks3636 and Razorbacks#1 will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

0                        5:30 p.m.                 0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Florida              |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

elksnort

Hope we don't run into the same thing Kentucky ran into last weekend!

pigture perfect

I think our pitching is better than theirs as a whole. Should be a great series.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bosshog84

I'm sure Singer will be out for revenge against us. Hopefully we slap him around like we did in the SECT last year. Taking 2 of 3 this weekend would be soooo sweet!!!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

razCzar

Florida leads overall series with Arkansas... 29-30
Time to rectify this issue.
Beat Gators!

RyeHogFan

razCzar

Quote from: bosshog84 on March 23, 2018, 09:43:38 am
I'm sure Singer will be out for revenge against us. Hopefully we slap him around like we did in the SECT last year. Taking 2 of 3 this weekend would be soooo sweet!!!

A Trip Down Memory Lane - last year's 16-0 romp over Gators:
SECT GM 16, #4 ARKANSAS (41-16, 18-11 SEC)#1 Florida(42-25, 21-9 SEC)
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=633911.0

C-Span, the Man

BroyledNutts

Could we put Kjerstad in a #24 jersey for this series, so Singer and the rest of the pitching staff will have flashbacks and not pitch well?

razCzar

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 23, 2018, 02:38:10 pm
Could we put Kjerstad in a #24 jersey for this series, so Singer and the rest of the pitching staff will have flashbacks and not pitch well?

lol, good one BN.
humm... awesome idea actually.  Anything for an edge.
He tore 'em a good one last year, didn't he?

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jst01

Ready for this one! Has anyone checked to see if there is a SEC girls gymnastic meet on the channel before of our game? I'd hate if the intense parallel bars action goes into overtime.

ricepig

Quote from: jst01 on March 23, 2018, 04:26:33 pm
Ready for this one! Has anyone checked to see if there is a SEC girls gymnastic meet on the channel before of our game? I'd hate if the intense parallel bars action goes into overtime.

You usually don't get bumped on SEC Network+, but one never knows.

bosshog84

Quote from: jst01 on March 23, 2018, 04:26:33 pm
Ready for this one! Has anyone checked to see if there is a SEC girls gymnastic meet on the channel before of our game? I’d hate if the intense parallel bars action goes into overtime.

I think I remember seeing it that way on Sunday.  ::)

Not sure if it's just a replay from a past meet since it's so early in the morning though.

Pudgepork

PoconoHog

Starting lineup for the HOGS....

Biggers  SS
Cole  RF
Martin  3B
Bonfield  DH
Fletcher  CF
McFarland  1B
Kjerstad  LF
Koch  C
Shaddy  2B

Knight on the mound
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PoconoHog

Starting lineup for the Gators...

Dalton  RF
Maldonado  DH
Schwarz  C
India  3B
Liput  SS
Reese  2B
Langworthy  LF
Horvath  CF
Bell  1B

Singer on the mound
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Razorbacks#1

0                        Top 1st                 0

Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Florida              |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

SPAL

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
👲👲👲👲👲

Wear em early and often, boys.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: razCzar on March 23, 2018, 03:00:44 pm
lol, good one BN.
humm... awesome idea actually.  Anything for an edge.
He tore 'em a good one last year, didn't he?

Singer can't pass a can of SPAM in the grocery store without getting jittery ...
Singer had to cancel Netflix because they kept showing episodes of 24 ...

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

travelinhog

Ready to enjoy some great baseball. Considering who and where we are playing my emotions will be as follows:

0-3 Ouch. Arkansas will probably no longer be a Super Regional host. But it is early and we can recover.
1-3 Content. That is what we should expect playing the 2nd ranked defending national champs at their place.
2-3 Happy dance time. Probably moves us to #2 and we are solidly in the Super Regional rankings. Charlotte will be a distant memory.
3-0 Estatic. Can't see this happening, but we can always dream.

PoconoHog

Biggers, Cole and Martin will start things off for the Hogs...

arslp

Is anybody else having trouble seeing the game on watch  espn?
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

PoconoHog

Biggers count 1 - 1....1 - 2...foul...2 - 2...K' swinging
1 out    Cole to the plate

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: arslp on March 23, 2018, 05:35:01 pm
No problem here, may want to refresh your page

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

Cole...count 1 - 0...2 - 0...flies out to CF
2 outs     Martin to the plate

PoconoHog

Martin...count 0 - 1...0 - 2...1 - 2...K's looking to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 1st
NO SCORE

PoconoHog

1 Dalton
2 Maldonado
3 Schwarz

Due up for the Gators in bottom of 1st

Razorbacks#1

0                        Bot 1st                 0

Arkansas        0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

Dalton...count 1 - 0...1 - 1...2 - 1...2 - 2...K's swinging
1 out

SPAL

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Schwarz...count 1 - 0...1 - 1...flies out to Cole to end the inning
Heading to top of 2nd
NO SCORE

BroyledNutts

Quote from: arslp on March 23, 2018, 05:35:01 pm

WatchEspn not allowing me to log in ...

PoconoHog

jst01

Razorbacks#1

0                        Top 2nd                 0

Arkansas        0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Florida            0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

First couple of innings are going to be extremely tough for the hitters until both Singer and Knight are also covered in the shade.

arslp

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 23, 2018, 05:46:13 pm
I'm logged in. It's telling me I need to upgrade and I don't
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 23, 2018, 05:46:13 pm
Same here on my home computer but it let me in on my bidness laptop.....strange....

jst01

Clear internet history and cookies and try again. I've had to do it before