Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hate to say if first!

Started by mountainhog, December 20, 2007, 01:24:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhog

Its the dreaded sophmore jinx.  I think Bev may have it, and if he didnt, he will now for sure.

The secret is out on him after last year and i think teams are keying on him more this year.  Might explain his lower shooting %.     What do you guys think?

RazorWeevil

The pending paternity suit against him has to be a distraction. 
Insanity is hereditary.  I got mine from my kids.

mountainhog

RazorWeevil

Insanity is hereditary.  I got mine from my kids.

mountainhog

I guess that would be a distraction.  Wonder if he has taken a paternity test yet?

mathhog

Jason Jennings got the jinx.... look where he ended up

mountainhog

He might have came here with a jinx.. ;)

TRUHOG718

Quote from: mountainhog on December 20, 2007, 01:24:44 pm
 teams are keying on him more this year.  Might explain his lower shooting %.     What do you guys think?
Thats it. No Jinx. same thing with rookie pitchers in the MLB their second year.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

HogBaptist

Quote from: mathhog on December 20, 2007, 02:08:23 pm
Jason Jennings got the jinx.... look where he ended up

That's funny.  So did Satchel I suppose. :)

mountainhog

Bev may find it tougher to score in conference play this yr. 

Wasn't he freshman player of the year or something like that last yr.?

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Quote from: mountainhog on December 20, 2007, 02:37:33 pm
Bev may find it tougher to score in conference play this yr. 

Wasn't he freshman player of the year or something like that last yr.?
SEC newcomer of the year

mountainhog

Well anyway , they are on to him now.. lol

jschulte

Can't say the same thing about Washington though

mountainhog

Id like to see him start a few games, although he is playing pretty good off the bench.

cthog99

he's not having that bad of a slump. he's only averaging about a point and a half less and 3 percent less than last year

spudhog

if this is his jinx, then he's going to be alright. i know his shooting and scoring is a tad down but, his other numbers are around the same if not better. i think the people around him have improved so that he doesn't have to do everything. he's more of a complete player that still has a couple of 30 point games ahead of him this season.

mountainhog

He'll probably be alright if some of the others can take up some of the slack.  I think townes has improved alot this year and looks like he dropped some extra baggage.  If we can get our inside out game going , maybe bev cant start hitting some 3's.

Does rakestraw look  a little slow to any of you?

Brass Knob

It is pretty simple..... Coming in to this year everybody knew he was out best scorer and that he was the guy they had to stop.... Therefore he is getting all of the defenses attention..... Another guard is going to have to step and prove to be a threat to help open up some space for Bev. 

cthog99

Quote from: mountainhog on December 20, 2007, 06:23:13 pm
He'll probably be alright if some of the others can take up some of the slack.  I think townes has improved alot this year and looks like he dropped some extra baggage.  If we can get our inside out game going , maybe bev cant start hitting some 3's.

Does rakestraw look  a little slow to any of you?

yes he does. his guy scored 3 straight times on him in the utsa game, and the 2nd 3 pointer he attempted and got blocked, the whole arena knew he was shooting it and it was such an easy shot to block, and it was blocked

mountainhog

I was hoping it was just me, cause ive heard he is a really good shot from 3 pt range.

Oliver

Quote from: mountainhog on December 20, 2007, 01:24:44 pm
  Its the dreaded sophmore jinx.  I think Bev may have it, and if he didnt, he will now for sure.

The secret is out on him after last year and i think teams are keying on him more this year.  Might explain his lower shooting %.     What do you guys think?

I think if we had another guard that opposing defenses would have to take seriously, Beverly's game would be much better this year.

mountainhog

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 20, 2007, 11:15:13 pm
I think if we had another guard that opposing defenses would have to take seriously, Beverly's game would be much better this year.

I agree, but who will step up?   I thought rakestraw might be that guy from all i read about him last year.   Now im not too sure.

311Hog

we need another reliable ball handler, i mean i agree with the points in this thread about how the team is better and there is less of a need for Beverly to create and carry the scoring on his own now. Townes is playing like a man possessed, if only Welsh and/or Ervin could get it together and be "avg" Beverly would be free to run around and scrape off screens and get better looks at his perimeter shot.

Also Steven Hill has to find some offense i have never seen a person with his physical abilities look so lost on the offensive end.

Brass Knob

Amen to Hill finding some offense.... That would do wonders for this Hog team! Be able to play an inside out out game with Bev... That would free him up for a lot of shots.