Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patrick Beverly Lawsuit

Started by Mason, December 20, 2007, 07:56:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mason

Sounds like this attorney is trying to stir something up...

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/60417

I hate to see stuff like this in the news.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

PetrinoPig

Just do the damn DNA test and get it over with.

Why do these things have to drag on and make the news??

Hoggy Potter

That's all we need...another investigation!!!
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

Vandimar

So there was a different name on the birth certificate as the father?

One has to assume the girl just doesn't know who it was.

Should girls be allowed to run around getting the courts to order every boy they ever slept with to take paternity tests?

Not that he shouldn't be held responsible if it is his, I just think the time for court ordered paternity tests is past. The kid is 7 months old. Did it really take her this long to figure out maybe she slept with more than one guy during this time? If it is his he should have been able to take part in the child's life from day 1. Not day 210.
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

Brand X Hog Fan

Yep, sounds like she's just taking a chance to cash in on P-Bev's future earnings.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

joeyself

I agree with Vandimar that the woman may have cheated Beverley out of 7 months with the child, if it is his.  But as to the question of the mother getting a bunch of guys to take paternity tests, the answer is "yes."  Otherwise, our taxes will likely go to support the child.   I've never seen the woman, but if she names me, I'll test out in a hurry!

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

williewonkahog

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on December 20, 2007, 08:21:06 am
Yep, sounds like she's just taking a chance to cash in on P-Bev's future earnings.

Bingo, we have a winner.  " should be reviewed on a yearly basis and adjusted based on future earnings. "  This chick just wants some cash. 
Spell checked and proof read

TXrazorback

Tumeka.   What a well thought out name. 

;)
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

fortcityhog

NOT FACT, but a likely scenario is the father of the baby just left her (williams) and now she's seeing what shoes might fit seeking financial compensation.  P Bev is probably her best shot at getting any child support.

fortcityhog

financial support is probably a better term than compensation.

LSUFan

Virgina, noun: Money making machine.

txrzrbk

Quote from: HogConscious on December 20, 2007, 07:56:00 am
Sounds like this attorney is trying to stir something up...

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/60417

I hate to see stuff like this in the

You make it sound like it is the attorney's fault.  If he is the father,she has a right to it.  It isn't about the attorney if he is the father, it is about him.  He could have already taken the test and it would be a mute point - unless he in fact is the father.

txrzrbk

Quote from: Vandimar on December 20, 2007, 08:16:55 am
So there was a different name on the birth certificate as the father?

One has to assume the girl just doesn't know who it was.

Should girls be allowed to run around getting the courts to order every boy they ever slept with to take paternity tests?

Not that he shouldn't be held responsible if it is his, I just think the time for court ordered paternity tests is past. The kid is 7 months old. Did it really take her this long to figure out maybe she slept with more than one guy during this time? If it is his he should have been able to take part in the child's life from day 1. Not day 210.

It doesn't matter if it is 7 months or 7 years.  If he is the father he has the responsiblity to take care of the child.  It really doesn't matter what is fair to him.  It is about what is fair to the child.  Come on, grow up.

parrishw

Quote from: fortcityhog on December 20, 2007, 08:54:59 am
NOT FACT, but a likely scenario is the father of the baby just left her (williams) and now she's seeing what shoes might fit seeking financial compensation.  P Bev is probably her best shot at getting any child support.

Bingo

IBGPN

I agree with that.  What day are they scheduled to be on Maury?

txrzrbk

And if she is, what's wrong with that.  If he is the father, the child has it coming.  I can't believe some of you coming on here and attacking the woman.  All he has to do is take the paternity test. If it is his, it is his responsibility.  If not, it isn't.  It is that simple.  Don't blame the woman.  He had a choice in the matter to sleep with here or not.  If he did, and it is his - it's his responsibility.

RazorWeevil

Sounds like they need to go on the Maury show. 
Insanity is hereditary.  I got mine from my kids.

Vandimar

QuoteIt doesn't matter if it is 7 months or 7 years.  If he is the father he has the responsiblity to take care of the child.  It really doesn't matter what is fair to him.  It is about what is fair to the child.  Come on, grow up.

Whoa there big guy. Put the gun down. Take a breath. Good job. Okay now if you had actually read what I wrote (and you quoted I might add) you would have seen that I did in fact say that if it was his he should be held responsible. I'll quote it for you so you won't get confused again.

QuoteNot that he shouldn't be held responsible if it is his

I just think if it was legit it wouldn't be going down at this time or in this way. But obviously only time will tell.

Mason

Quote from: txrzrbk on December 20, 2007, 08:59:33 am
You make it sound like it is the attorney's fault.  If he is the father,she has a right to it.  It isn't about the attorney if he is the father, it is about him.  He could have already taken the test and it would be a mute point - unless he in fact is the father.

I'm talking about the attorney doing an investigation into whether or not the athlete currently receives benefits which would cause problems for the entire athletic dept.

I don't care what Mr. Beverly does on his personal time. I am in no way debating the merits of the paternity issue.  In my opinion, the only thing that makes this newsworthy is the proposition of a potential NCAA investigation.
As a sports fan that's my concern.  In that regard, it appears that this attorney is trying to stir something up. I sincerely hope this part of the lawsuit is without merit.  The last thing this institution needs is another investigation.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

jkcrunch

Quote from: HogConscious on December 20, 2007, 09:17:58 am
I'm talking about the attorney doing an investigation into whether or not the athlete currently receives benefits which would cause problems for the entire athletic dept.

I don't care what Mr. Beverly does on his personal time. I am in no way debating the merits of the paternity issue.  In my opinion, the only thing that makes this newsworthy is the proposition of a potential NCAA investigation.
As a sports fan that's my concern.  In that regard, it appears that this attorney is trying to stir something up. I sincerely hope this part of the lawsuit is without merit.  The last thing this institution needs is another investigation.

The attorney is covering his base for future earnings by listing all the possible sources of income now so if he is the daddy he will not have to go back to court to get a piece of the pie again.

jkstock04

Sounds to me like a case for the Jerry Springer show.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

stormurr

Sounds like she is just looking at a pay check, and don't know who the father is. Sad imo!

SquidBilly

Let's not be all cavalier here either.  Do you think if the child is his and he does start paying child support that all of that money will go to the support of the child?  Sounds like this girl is looking for a payday and an easy life for herself.

geno

This explains the shooting slump. In all seriousness I hope he gets this cleared up and behind him. Couldn't happen to a nicer kid.

VoR

Quote from: txrzrbk on December 20, 2007, 09:03:58 am
And if she is, what's wrong with that.  If he is the father, the child has it coming.  I can't believe some of you coming on here and attacking the woman.  All he has to do is take the paternity test. If it is his, it is his responsibility.  If not, it isn't.  It is that simple.  Don't blame the woman.  He had a choice in the matter to sleep with here or not.  If he did, and it is his - it's his responsibility.
1st, stop and think about this for a moment, she has already proved herself a liar, she put some guys name down on the birth certificate as father, now she claims PB is the father. Once she lied, in my court of judgement, the burden of proof now falls upon her, eventually if she names enough men, with the law of averages, eventually she has to get the right 1.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: williewonkahog on December 20, 2007, 08:45:24 am
Bingo, we have a winner.  " should be reviewed on a yearly basis and adjusted based on future earnings. "  This chick just wants some cash. 

Standard language.  Beverley is not even close to a sure fire pro prospect.  At least in the NBA.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: VoR on December 20, 2007, 09:47:54 am
1st, stop and think about this for a moment, she has already proved herself a liar, she put some guys name down on the birth certificate as father, now she claims PB is the father. Once she lied, in my court of judgement, the burden of proof now falls upon her, eventually if she names enough men, with the law of averages, eventually she has to get the right 1.

And your point is?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: jkcrunch on December 20, 2007, 09:24:29 am

The attorney is covering his base for future earnings by listing all the possible sources of income now so if he is the daddy he will not have to go back to court to get a piece of the pie again.

Wrong. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jefferson piglet

Folks....this whole thread is wrong, as is the newspaper article.  This is none of our business.  What happens if PB is proved to NOT be the father of this child?  Will the paper say "Oh, I'm sorry."?  I doubt it.

There is a fine line with high profile athletes of what is news and what is not.  This digging into someone's personal life is across the line, and I'm sick of it.

malibu327

People dont abuse child support do they?    {sARCASim}

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 20, 2007, 09:38:19 am
Let's not be all cavalier here either.  Do you think if the child is his and he does start paying child support that all of that money will go to the support of the child?  Sounds like this girl is looking for a payday and an easy life for herself.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: malibu327 on December 20, 2007, 09:59:52 am
People dont abuse child support do they?    {sARCASim}

How about we let her get some before we start accusing her of misusing it? 

Morons, this is a GOOD thing, and if she didn't do it individually, the state would have as soon as they paid some benefits for this child.  This HELPS you pay less in taxes.

beansandtaters

Quote from: Vandimar on December 20, 2007, 09:09:58 am
Whoa there big guy. Put the gun down. Take a breath. Good job. Okay now if you had actually read what I wrote (and you quoted I might add) you would have seen that I did in fact say that if it was his he should be held responsible. I'll quote it for you so you won't get confused again.

I just think if it was legit it wouldn't be going down at this time or in this way. But obviously only time will tell.

did you ever think that maybe the attorneys in the case have been in discussions for months? maybe even since the day the baby was born?

normally, lawsuits don't happen until settlement negotiations break down or the statute of limitations comes up and you're forced to file. This may be the case. They could have been talking about settlement and keeping the quiet for months and then one side broke off the settlement talks.

malibu327

hey fat a$$, the state will prolly pay whether they find a daddy for this whore bank off of or not.

corpitguy

She take my money well I'm in need
Yeah she's a trifflin' friend indeed
Oh she's a gold digger way over town
That digs on me

Fatty McGee

Quote from: malibu327 on December 20, 2007, 10:04:15 am
hey fat a$$, the state will prolly pay whether they find a daddy for this whore bank off of or not.

You're an idiot.  She's a whore, and Beverley's what?  Monogamous and loved her and wanted to marry her before they had sex and is heartbroken that she might have slept with someone else?  That's why he didn't know she was pregnant and had the baby and hasn't already willingly volunteered to take the test?

VoR

Quote from: Fatty McGee on December 20, 2007, 09:52:48 am
And your point is?
My point is, I'm not going to jump up in arms against PB when the mother of this child has already proven she doesn't know who the father is (And listing the incorrect name on a legal document {birth certificate} should give a clue as to her credibility)
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

malibu327

well, you and i dont even know her and know that 2 guys have tagged it (more than likely) in the same month. but your guess is as good as mine.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: VoR on December 20, 2007, 10:07:42 am
My point is, I'm not going to jump up in arms against PB when the mother of this child has already proven she doesn't know who the father is (And listing the incorrect name on a legal document {birth certificate} should give a clue as to her credibility)

Who said he was a bad person.  He screwed a girl.  It happens.  Is it what Jesus wants?  Probably not.  But that's his problem.

Now some man is going to have to pay to support this kid, whoever the father is.  No one is volunteering to take a paternity test, and you need a court order to make sure the child support is paid, so you have to file a lawsuit.  What's the big deal?

Vandimar

Quote from: Fatty McGee on December 20, 2007, 10:01:47 am
How about we let her get some

I think that's part of the problem Fatty.

Quote from: beansandtaters on December 20, 2007, 10:03:08 am
did you ever think that maybe the attorneys in the case have been in discussions for months? maybe even since the day the baby was born?

normally, lawsuits don't happen until settlement negotiations break down or the statute of limitations comes up and you're forced to file. This may be the case. They could have been talking about settlement and keeping the quiet for months and then one side broke off the settlement talks.

I agree Beans we have no idea what is going on irl, and anything "could" be happening. Thus I made the obvious statement that only time will tell to reflect my lack of expertise on this situation.

311Hog

December 20, 2007, 10:11:29 am #40 Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:13:12 am by 311Hog
Quote from: Fatty McGee on December 20, 2007, 10:10:18 am
Who said he was a bad person.  He screwed a girl.  It happens.  Is it what Jesus wants?  Probably not.  But that's his problem.

Now some man is going to have to pay to support this kid, whoever the father is.  No one is volunteering to take a paternity test, and you need a court order to make sure the child support is paid, so you have to file a lawsuit.  What's the big deal?

How do you know he had sex with her?  i mean we are talking 16 months ago, when did P Bev even arrive in the area? seriously some of you will BELIEVE ANYTHING you read, stop being stupid.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Vandimar on December 20, 2007, 10:10:22 am
I think thats part of the problem Fatty.

Isn't that part of the problem with 80% of the university students?  Were you monogamous throughout your college years?  Practice abstinence? 

Only difference between then and most of us on this board is that we were luckier when we were kids.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: 311Hog on December 20, 2007, 10:11:29 am

How do you know he had sex with her?

I don't.  I think it was an immaculate conception.  They're going to have to go to a little church in England that is well hidden and known to only a few who can read the symbols to get a DNA sample that will match.

Vandimar

sorry fatty I was trying to be funny :/

311Hog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on December 20, 2007, 10:13:46 am
I don't.  I think it was an immaculate conception.  They're going to have to go to a little church in England that is well hidden and known to only a few who can read the symbols to get a DNA sample that will match.

exactly you dont, P. Beverly MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW THIS WOMAN, supposedly he got her prego 16 months ago during his recruiting visit? huh what? give me a break.

Fatty McGee

kRazorback

you make it sound like you watch too much daytime TV. "he in fact is the father" LMFAO!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: 311Hog on December 20, 2007, 10:14:41 am

exactly you dont, P. Beverly MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW THIS WOMAN, supposedly he got her prego 16 months ago during his recruiting visit? huh what? give me a break.

People don't have sex during a recruiting visit?  Did you not see He Got Game?  And wasn't he on campus 16 months ago?  That would have been August of '06.

311Hog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on December 20, 2007, 10:15:31 am
People don't have sex during a recruiting visit?  Did you not see He Got Game?  And wasn't he on campus 16 months ago?  That would have been August of '06.

So because there is a movie called "He Got Game" this automatically proves he had sex with this woman and got her pregnant and then skipped out on the kid ?

Right jump to conclusions more.

HOGansHero

Quote from: geno on December 20, 2007, 09:47:02 am
This explains the shooting slump. In all seriousness I hope he gets this cleared up and behind him. Couldn't happen to a nicer kid.

You are probably right...he definitely has some distractions there.  I would just go ahead with the test and forget all those other things in the lawsuit.  If the test proves he is not the father, what does he have to prove earnings wise?