Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You guy's see this...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 02, 2016, 07:33:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

@BrettBielema
After early meetings & lift tomorrow with our players. Thinking about heading to watch an open practice tomorrow at IMG with the staff. #WPS
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

redeye

Thanks for posting that TBP.  I rarely check for recruiting news in MMQB, so I actually hadn't seen it, since I only follow recruiting this time of the year.

tusksincolorado

Kinda surprised at the listing. The absence of Ft Collins, after being 1# for several years from the list, and being replaced by the Springs.

Wished we could send several 100000 back to where they came.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 02, 2016, 07:33:35 pm

@BrettBielema
After early meetings & lift tomorrow with our players. Thinking about heading to watch an open practice tomorrow at IMG with the staff. #WPS
I noticed on my Yahoo news feed that NBC Sports has picked up the story and was getting a good chuckle out of it. In fact, they opined that it would be a great move on CBB's part as a great way to take a good "shot" at ole Harbaugh.

I know a lot of folks haven't particularly liked or agreed with some of Bret's past comments/observations. However, whatever else he might have done to offend you have to admit that he has a way of keeping our name in the lights and news. And that isn't necessarily always a bad thing to say the least.

ARtillahog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 02, 2016, 09:10:18 pm
Wished we could send several 100000 back to where they came.

It shocked me to see so many in CO when I was on spring break 10 years ago.

PorkRinds

Let's leave xenophobia out of the recruiting forum.  Please and thanks.

Theolesnort

March 03, 2016, 09:08:42 am #11 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:20:27 am by Theolesnort
Well I will say this about that. If Denver is #1 with Colorado Springs at #5 then that is flat insane. Compared to The Springs, Denver is just nasty, dirty and polluted unless they have cleaned things up in the last decade. I will also say this... If they would work on some infrastructure and get the traffic problem in NWA figured out at rush time with a big loop or two around the area then yes NWA would be a veritable utopia to live in. 540 at rush time by itself is abominable and throws a monkey wrench into the hat. Yeah there is no perfection anywhere and I reckon NWA is as good as any but it could be better with some smart planning.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Theolesnort on March 03, 2016, 09:08:42 am
Well I will say this about that. If Denver is #1 with Colorado Springs at #5 then that is flat insane. Compared to The Springs Denver is just nasty, dirty and polluted unless they have cleaned things up in the last decade.

I was thinking the same things, but maybe they included the surrounding suburbs?  Although I was in Denver this last summer and it wasn't overly bad.  It was much better than other big cities I've visited recently.

carolinahogger

hogsfan31

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2016, 10:16:42 am
https://twitter.com/BretBielema/status/705402884750356480

Nothing more IMO, than getting it out there so others will talk about it. He most likely already knew he couldn't attend. Michigan is getting by on a technicality and this is bringing the issue to light. Maybe the SEC office will raise hell about it. NCAA is a joke.

a0ashle

Well I will say this about that. If Denver is #1 with Colorado Springs at #5 then that is flat insane. Compared to The Springs, Denver is just nasty, dirty and polluted unless they have cleaned things up in the last decade. I will also say this... If they would work on some infrastructure and get the traffic problem in NWA figured out at rush time with a big loop or two around the area then yes NWA would be a veritable utopia to live in. 540 at rush time by itself is abominable and throws a monkey wrench into the hat. Yeah there is no perfection anywhere and I reckon NWA is as good as any but it could be better with some smart planning.

They have cleaned things up in the last decade. Denver is a beautiful city, amazing weather, and growing at an amazing rate. Housing prices are terrible, but part of that comes with desirability.

redeye

It's been a while since I've been to Colorado and I'm sure it's changed a lot, but I always found Colorado Springs boring.  I have relatives in Denver and have always enjoyed visiting there.

As NWA grows, it'll continue having more of the same problems all larger metros have, including traffic.  I prefer larger cities, but I know people who have already moved out of Fayetteville because it's now too big for them.

Arthur pigby sellers.

I used to live in Denver and have no doubt it's a top 10 city in the US.  Awesome downtown which was very safe.  Endless list of outdoor activities all within a several hour drive from home.    You never get tired of having sunshine and blue skies every day in the summer and skiing all winter.  No humidity.  Unfortunately my wife wanted to get closer to home or I'd still be there. 

tusksincolorado

I agree.....the addition of 120K annually has made the traffic almost impossible, and the inversion is only getting worse. Thank goodness for the Light Rail/RTD System which I use during ball season religiously.

Back to the topic on hand. I noticed Harbaugh responded to B Jones....but didn't to either CMD or CBB. A little ball-less I would say.... 
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!