Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Pics) Went hiking in the Buffalo/Jasper area this Saturday

Started by razorbacker231, October 12, 2009, 09:03:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbacker231

October 12, 2009, 09:03:10 pm Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:40:08 pm by razorbacker231
First and foremost, let me say, I planned ahead.  I DVR'd the game...told my wife, do not even mention the razorbacks because I would know the outcome just by the tone of her voice.  I was sure not to answer any texts (if I was to get a signal) and listened only to CD's in the truck so I would not accidentily hear about it.  Just me and the 4 yr old in the middle of the woods, and a game recorded for later.  Perfect plan right? 

Wrong!  On our second trail we ran across a gentleman and his teenage son, he asked if I had been listening to the game.  I threw my hands up and told him what I had going on and not to say another word about it.  He understood and did just that.  When we finished up the trail, we were so close we could see our truck and a family passed us.  I !@#$ you not, the first word out of her mouth were "we beat Auburn so we couldnt leave until the game was over"............I saw 12 people that day and one out of them had to ruin it for me.  At least it was a victory.

Anyway here are the pics hope you enjoy.

I had my 4 yr old so the trails were short, but most deffinatly beautiful.  The first ones are Glory Hole, a spring that has litterally drilled a hole in the bluff head and created a waterfall below...if anyone decides to check it out, be advised it dries up, you have to go after it has been raining. 
Here is the upper falls

next 4 are the lower falls

Here is King's river falls

The natural bridge at Alum Cove

The next pics were on the way back we saw what had to be 3 dozen wild elk grazing in the open pastures.  I jumped out of the truck, waded across the buffalo and climbed the bank to get as close as I did.  they were not more than 200 yards away.  Probably closer.

In this one, the buck was looking right at me...a mother and a calf are there right beside him...he stared for about 10 seconds, I was beginning to think I was going to have to race him back to the truck.

here is another group down the road less than a mile

That elk experiance was like nothing I have seen, it was truely amazing to see them all out there.  Hope you all like my pics.

SteveInArk

Very good photos.. thanks for posting them... Hog football gameday.  You were doomed from the start...  too many folks ready to talk up a win, almost impossible to not find out the results before getting to the DVR.  :)

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

razorbacker231

October 12, 2009, 09:15:59 pm #2 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:18:33 pm by razorbacker231
thanks for the reply.  I am trying to get the pictures bigger, but having trouble.  any advise?  I feel they are of good quality and the small view does not do them justice.

SteveInArk

Instead of posting them to a 3rd party site, and then linking to that URL, like we all do for most postings.  Just go to the full "reply" screen, use Additional Options, and ATTACH the actual file from your computer to Hogville.  It will be small on the screen, but when someone "clicks" on the picture file name under it, it blows up to whatever size you had it at upload time.

A good example is this thread, just below here in Travel and Vacations:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=309985.msg4512876#msg4512876

Note you are limited in how many pix in each posting.  In the example, he could only get 3 pix's to a posting, due to file size.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

razorbacker231

well SteveinArk, thank you for your help, and I saw what you said to do.  It keeps timing me out though, so I will just leave it be.