Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Photos from last week in Crested Butte

Started by HognotinMemphis, October 02, 2009, 03:02:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

October 02, 2009, 03:02:52 pm Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 06:28:55 am by HoginMemphis
Hiked almost 50 miles in 6 days. House I stayed in was at 9,000 ft. Hikes were from that to 12,500 ft. Snowed hard on us twice. Very nice cool and sunny weather otherwise while hiking. Nothing like late Sept out there watching the Aspens turn golden.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

October 02, 2009, 03:13:42 pm #4 Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:21:33 pm by HoginMemphis
nm

HognotinMemphis

October 02, 2009, 03:22:33 pm #5 Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:25:49 pm by HoginMemphis
nm

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

PIGINAPOKE

My cousin lived in Gunnison.I have been to crusty butt. The town is cool. Great pics ..Nice job.. An AWESOME place to visit fer sure ;]
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on October 02, 2009, 05:50:35 pm
My cousin lived in Gunnison.I have been to crusty butt. The town is cool. Great pics ..Nice job.. An AWESOME place to visit fer sure ;]
Drove through Gunnison on way to CB. Flew into Montrose, 1 1/2 hrs from CB. CB is very cool little village. Gorgeous views from everywhere. Great time to go is late Sept when Aspens are turning golden. Weather was great too.

RazorbackRon

Really beautiful pics (take DeviceHigh's advice and view them full-size).   Sounds like a great vacation.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Hawgndaaz

We used to ski Crested Butte every year right before Christmas. I haven't been since around 99 or so but would love to make it back. The skiing can be great, town is awesome, and the people are great.

Now I want to go in September after seeing these awesome pictures. Very nice job and glad you got to enjoy "God's Backyard" as my dad calls the Rockies.

MJ2

Excellent.  Did you see any bear?   Were you backpacking or just daytripping?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MJ2 on November 05, 2009, 11:58:44 am
Excellent.  Did you see any bear?   Were you backpacking or just daytripping?

Just day hikes. Shortest hike we took was about 4 miles one day. Longest hike was about 11 or 12 miles - the Maroon Pass hike when it snowed on us from about 10,000 ft to 12,500.

No bear sightings but did see bear tracks and bear droppings. Saw tons of mule deer and elk though.

proud2bpork

Nice photos.  What equipment are you using?

thanks.  proud

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: proud2bpork on November 08, 2009, 12:38:38 am
Nice photos.  What equipment are you using?

thanks.  proud

Just a Canon digital point and shoot camera. I think it cost me $300 or so when I bought it a few years ago.

Big Daddy

The Marmot

Spent some time in CB during the summer many years ago. Very beautiful.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: The Marmot on November 11, 2009, 07:04:38 pm
Spent some time in CB during the summer many years ago. Very beautiful.
See if you can find the Marmot in one of my photos in this thread. Hint: It's on some rocks.

jst01

Pretty huh? I live 45 minutes from all that gorgeous scenery.

We go play in the mountains as much as possible. maybe I'll try and post a few pics too.

jst01

sorry to derail your thread with my pics but here goes.

Marmots thrive up high in the mts.

Tim Harris

MJ2