Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL POST ABOUT Ellis Johnson leaving (GO HERE)

Started by YIKES, January 24, 2008, 11:39:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_fan

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 24, 2008, 04:12:28 pm
EJ hadn't signed his contract here.  Hadn't bought a house.  Easy transition.

Why hadn't he signed it?

smoked hog

OK can anyone tell me why he decided to leave. All I have heard is how much he likes arkansas. What gives?

Demaghog

Wow, USC just became one of my most hated schools in the SEC now!

The Realist

If he wants to leave fine.  But don't say the things he did in the wholehogsports article today and then leave.  Makes you look like a Saban.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Bigfoot

their getting Ellis on the phone right now.

Cassperr

Quote from: Demaghog on January 24, 2008, 04:14:52 pm
Wow, USC just became one of my most hated schools in the SEC now!

they have always been hated in my eyes
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

pigger10

From what I understand he wanted the job to start with. But was given to Vangorder. Now that Vangoder left..it was perfect, and thats his home state.

Deuce Pigelow

unfrickinbelievable!!!

Who now??

The Lemming

Quote from: smoked hog on January 24, 2008, 04:14:47 pm
OK can anyone tell me why he decided to leave. All I have heard is how much he likes arkansas. What gives?

What else did you think you would hear?

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: The Realist on January 24, 2008, 04:14:29 pm
http://wholehogsports.com/adg/214658

Saying he loves being in Fayetteville, etc.  What a crock.  And a lot worse than what Petrino did in my opinion because of this article
What a pri@k

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

PorkSoda

Quote from: neahogfan22 on January 24, 2008, 04:12:36 pm
The question is, why did he leave? What changed? Something did.
inquiring minds want to know. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

biggiepiggie

Quote from: havok on January 24, 2008, 03:53:04 pm
Keith Burns...   Ever since he left, our defense has taken dramatic steps backward...and good God, how many Quarterbacks have we faced that looked like heisman finalist when we played them in the last 8 years??

I always liked Joe Lee Dunn.  He was good when he coached for Danny Ford and
at Miss State when they were ranked they had one of the best defenses in the
SEC, year in and year out.

Demaghog

Could this be anymore ironic? 

Lead story in sports section and then he bolts!

fortcityhog

SUCKERS! ELLIS AND SPURRIER SAY "NATURE OF THE BUSINESS"

Luke Matheson

VenturaHog

Now Ellis Johnson has had months to study Petrino's playbook, great.

alltimeqb

Quote from: pigger10 on January 24, 2008, 04:15:55 pm
From what I understand he wanted the job to start with. But was given to Vangorder. Now that Vangoder left..it was perfect, and thats his home state.

Ironic isn't it
Petrino leaves falcons- opens door for SC to hire Vangorder
Vangorder gets hire back by falcon- SC hires Petrino DC Johnson

AUSTXHOG

He sounds like a real jack arse on this conference call.

opineonswine

onward and upward.  Not an insurmountable obstacle. 

nolt

look folks...

im no authority or expert, but if we really do subscribe to the whole 'this is the face of college football' idea that justifies or attempts to justify the coaching shifts... including petrinos hire here... then we really should get insulted or hurt or even otherwise seemingly righteously indignant about EJ leaving.

whats best for his family aye? whatever. i just think that as fans we should leave it alone after what  weve been through and defended. i certainly wouldnt presume to impose my opinion on anyone else though.

hog_fan

Quote from: fortcityhog on January 24, 2008, 04:18:39 pm
SUCKERS! ELLIS AND SPURRIER SAY "NATURE OF THE BUSINESS"

Glad your happy. why are you hear? You seem thrilled with this. Must be a nutt fan

CurlyTail

Quote from: ArkVar on January 24, 2008, 04:18:40 pm
Previous ties to SC

Previous ties were already in place. Obviously something else changed.

msikes

It would be the trifecta if we could be Nix from OlePiss, things would come full circle

Flatline

Well,  where do we go from here.  Is there a big name we could steal from someone?  Are we going to have to get a no name.  This makes me sick.

311Hog

what is with all the intra conference sharing of coaches....

CurlyTail

JIHawg

Maybe it wasn't working out very good.  Has to be looked upon as an opportunity to get somebody better.

PorkSoda

This just ruined my day. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

fletcher

Quote from: bigfoot on January 24, 2008, 04:13:48 pm
He just wanted to go back home im sure.

He was promised a cameo in the next Under Armor commercial... Click Clack!!

GrumpyHog

"He's serious, but he's kind of sarcastic, if you will,"defensive end Titus Brown told The Clarion-Ledger of Jackson, Miss. "But he's a hell of a coach."

This was a quote in todays paper. I'm like opin, let move upward and onward.

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

HoggyWayne

Bigfoot

IndyHog76

Just curious, let's say you are coaching college football in some capacity.  You have a job you'd love to have in your home state that hasn't ever presented itself.  You take a job because that job is filled by someone else.  You go to a respected program.  Suddenly, that job in your home state becomes available at the same salary or more.  Your lifelong friends and family are all back in your home state.  You don't go back home?    Be realistic.
I'm sorry.  Bobby Petrino left Atlanta because it was what he and his family needed to do.  Ellis Johnson is doing the same.  Does it suck?  Yes, but I can't blame the guy.

The Lemming

It sucks. But it is the "nature of the business". There's no way we can complain. We still have a great HC and we'll be fine. I wasn't ecstatic with the hire anyway. May not be about the next either. But we'll be fine. Great/good DC's are easier to come by then OC's or HC's.

OLDHOG

Man oh man, it just keeps getting better, dont it?

hog_fan

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 24, 2008, 04:18:54 pm
Now Ellis Johnson has had months to study Petrino's playbook, great.

only been ehre 3 weeks and i doubt he studied the offensive playbook much if any at all

Hog Waller

Quote from: nolt on January 24, 2008, 04:19:58 pm
look folks...

im no authority or expert, but if we really do subscribe to the whole 'this is the face of college football' idea that justifies or attempts to justify the coaching shifts... including petrinos hire here... then we really should get insulted or hurt or even otherwise seemingly righteously indignant about EJ leaving.

whats best for his family aye? whatever. i just think that as fans we should leave it alone after what  weve been through and defended. i certainly wouldnt presume to impose my opinion on anyone else though.
Absolutely agree...let's leave it alone and take the high road, with the opinion we will find someone better.  If we lash out at EJ, we definitely will have the whole country laughing at us.

beansandtaters

Petrino handled that classily. Showed his former boss Arthur "I had to hire a nobody to coach my football team because I'm an assclown" Blank how to handle himself professionally.

Greyhands

Well that just makes sense that the contract was held up because of the Board of trustees .......

Porkem

He's no great loss.  We just move on.  John Thompson needs a job?
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

grayhawg

Can't hardly wait till Nov.8th to lay 50 on him and the ol ball coach. >:(

jwhite_13

Any thoughts or ideas on who Petrino might think about?

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

LSPRazorbac

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

TLFHAWG

Quote from: JIHawg on January 24, 2008, 04:22:23 pm
Maybe it wasn't working out very good.  Has to be looked upon as an opportunity to get somebody better.
+1

Greyhands

Heck we are our own worst enemy, Arkansas media with the Dmac thing before the bowl now the BOT dragging their feet on EJ contract......

fletcher