Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 53 THREAD: #14 Arkansas (38-14, 17-10 SEC) at #22 Texas A&M (35-19, 15-13)

Started by Razorbacks#1, May 19, 2017, 10:11:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#14 ARKANSAS vs #22 Texas A&M
at Blue Bell Park, College Station, Texas   Friday at 6:30PM

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

:razorback:

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 53 THREAD
   #14 ARKANSAS (38-14, 17-10 SEC) at #22 Texas A&M (35-19, 15-13 SEC)

This is game 2 of a 3 game SEC series with Texas A&M and is the final series of the regular season.

FRIDAY's First Pitch is set for 6:30pm and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED . This game will be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. Game 2 will be on Friday, also at 6:30 p.m. on SEC Network+, while Saturday's Game 3 WILL BE TELEVISED on the SEC Network at 11 a.m.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636  will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

0               6:30 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
ARK          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
A&M         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bosshog84

PigWig

bighog2255

A&M is throwing their best starter (at least in SEC play) tonight.

He is 3-1, 2.31 ERA in SEC games. 46 IP, 40H, 24 BB, 38 K.

However, since an 8 inning gem against Tennessee, he hasn't pitched all that well, not going more than 6 innings in his last 3 starts.

I am hoping that we get to him early and get into their pen. They used their stud lefty reliever for a long appearance last night, so he probably won't be available tonight.

GHG!!!

bighog2255

In fact, they only have 3 relievers they have shown any trust in. They all 3 pitched last night. Could help us tonight.

jry04

Quote from: bighog2255 on May 19, 2017, 02:15:48 pm

However, since an 8 inning gem against Tennessee, he hasn't pitched all that well, not going more than 6 innings in his last 3 starts.

I am hoping that we get to him early and get into their pen. They used their stud lefty reliever for a long appearance last night, so he probably won't be available tonight.

GHG!!!
The good thing is he is a RHP, and doesn't strike a lot of batters out. He hasn't started for them all season. He became a weekend starter after SEC play started. Like you said, as of late he hasn't been great. In a loss against Ole Miss he gave up 2 runs on 4 hits and 4 walks in 6 innings. He struck out 6, and was at 113 pitches when he was pulled.  In a loss against MSU he struck out 3, walked 2, and gave up 3 runs on 7 hits in 5.2 innings, throwing 100 pitches. Against Missouri he threw 4.2 innings, and was at 96 pitches, but only gave up 1 run on 5 hits. Against Auburn, he gave up 3 runs on 6 hits in 3 innings, and was at 86 pitches. I believe he has only gone more than 6 innings in 3 starts, and they were against Alabama, UT, and LSU.

If we can work the count early in the game, we could get him out by the 5th or 6th inning, which will really play into our favor given who all they threw yesterday. It looks like most of the games he has pitched they have gone to Chafin or Kilkenny in relief to finish the remaining 4-5 innings of the game, which as you pointed out have both thrown.

AUSTXHOG

BigBrandonAllenFan

May 19, 2017, 03:37:20 pm #12 Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:54:57 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan
 :razorback: Tonight the righteous and mighty Red Army :razorback: will pound the bourgeois Texas A&M Kulaks into their own worthless Bluebell Field dirt!!

All hail :razorback: comrade General Dave Van Putin the Great Dutch Aristocrat, and All Hail the great Red Army of Fayettenam!!  :razorback:   

bighog2255

swineology

Gates should be back in the line up. This third base merry go round needs to end.

Beat aTm!
:razorback: :razorback:

bosshog84

Quote from: bighog2255 on May 19, 2017, 02:15:48 pm

GHG!!!

Sounds like we need to be patient and work into hitter's counts tonight. This guy's K/BB ratio isn't all that great. I think we could score a few runs off him. If Knight is on his game, this is a game we can easily win.

TebowHater

We are throwing Taco tonight...BK tomorrow...

Wondering if this strategy is related to them throwing their ace, SEC West division race being more clear tomorrow, potential BK soreness, or somehow SECT related

https://twitter.com/RazorbackBSB/status/865687776985001984

JHicks3636

My take on this team and the season

I really believe that this team has overachieved. It certainly exceeded my expectation and I believe most every ones who is honest about their preseason expectations. With 2 games to play, they have 12 more overall wins than last year and a 10 game improvement in the SEC with 2 games still to play despite playing 1 fewer game. They have brought the program back to relevance after a rare one year absence. Take into consideration that we lost two high profile pitchers really before the season started and it is amazing what they have accomplished. Like everyone, I get frustrated with the team and individual players from time to time, but in truth no one has quit as I believe happened last year. I could care less about the SEC Tournament although I'll  most likely be at a game or two, but I really hope they have success in the NCAAs because they deserve good things to happen for them. Let's get these last 2 SEC games and get to 40 wins on the season.

WhenPigsFly

JHicks3636

Texas A&M lineup

CF Choruby       .304
C   Bedford       .307
2B Shewmake    .348
1B Coleman       .284
RF Kopetsky      .295
DH Schoenvogel .300
LF Blake            .209
SS Homan          .243
3B Janca            .254

P  Martin           5-3    3.12 era

JHicks3636

Arkansas starting lineup

LF Arledge         .297
1B Spanberger    .292
DH Bonfield         .305
C   Koch             .294
CF Fletcher         .282
2B Shaddy          .296
RF Cole              .253     
3B Gates            .229   
SS Biggers          .333

P   Taccolini       4-0   4.58 era   

JHicks3636

bulldog04

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 19, 2017, 05:53:18 pm
Poor Biggers gets demoted in the lineup again.
He could bat anywhere in the lineup but is 9th. I would like to see him leadoff instead of Arledge right now

jry04

Quote from: TebowHater on May 19, 2017, 05:05:41 pm
We are throwing Taco tonight...BK tomorrow...

Wondering if this strategy is related to them throwing their ace, SEC West division race being more clear tomorrow, potential BK soreness, or somehow SECT related

https://twitter.com/RazorbackBSB/status/865687776985001984
A&M threw their "ace" yesterday. Brigham Hill is their guy.
Quote from: WhenPigsFly on May 19, 2017, 05:41:57 pm
This isn't really like DVH, unless something is bothering BK.  I am officially worried.
I wouldn't be worried. Knight hasn't exactly been the same the last 3-4 weeks. Maybe he just wants to give him 1 more day of rest, and throw him in what could be the biggest game of our season tomorrow.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on May 19, 2017, 05:41:57 pm
This isn't really like DVH, unless something is bothering BK.  I am officially worried.
I think there's something wrong or he is just fatigued. Fastball has lost 3-4 mph towards the end, location has been suspect as well for about 5 starts

TebowHater

Quote from: jry04 on May 19, 2017, 05:59:37 pm
A&M threw their "ace" yesterday. Brigham Hill is their guy.I wouldn't be worried. Knight hasn't exactly been the same the last 3-4 weeks. Maybe he just wants to give him 1 more day of rest, and throw him in what could be the biggest game of our season tomorrow.

Their best starter in SEC play pursuant to bighog's post. Nevertheless, I buy the one more day of rest / biggest game of year argument. I do wonder if we will save Reindl for tomorrow too w/ him pitching multiple innings last night and then exhaust the rest of the pen today.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

TebowHater

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                   0

ARK          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

razCzar

DVH Pregame:  BK ~ "soar arm".  Just give him one more day's rest.

onebadrubi

Quote from: razCzar on May 19, 2017, 06:21:33 pm
DVH Pregame:  BK ~ "soar arm".  Just give him one more day's rest.
Quote from: TebowHater on May 19, 2017, 06:19:49 pm
Did anyone catch the DVH interview on the dugout show re BK?

No, highlights please?

onebadrubi

TebowHater

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 19, 2017, 06:25:04 pm
Be awesome if we could give BK the series off

If we win tonight and LSU wins, there would be effectively no benefit to throwing him tomorrow right?

JHicks3636

Arkansas kicks off the festivities with

1. Arledge      .297
2. Spanberger .292
3. Bonfield      .305

razCzar

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 19, 2017, 06:24:13 pm
No, highlights please?
Oh, typical DVH interview / nothing earth-shaking.

C-Span's HR:  Didn't think it would make it out.  Ball was hit so high that the wind just blew it right out.
Knight:  Nothing to be concerned about from his tone.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it HERE.

razCzar

JHicks3636

Arledge leads off the game 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, full, strikes out looking

onebadrubi

Quote from: TebowHater on May 19, 2017, 06:29:26 pm
If we win tonight and LSU wins, there would be effectively no benefit to throwing him tomorrow right?

The situation is convuluted to me, but that is my understanding

trippigs

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 19, 2017, 06:34:15 pm
Arledge leads off the game 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, full, strikes out looking

On an inside ball called a strike

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Bonfield takes ball 1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, full, strikes out swinging

0-0 after 1/2

TebowHater

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                   0

ARK      0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

TA&M counters in the 1st with

1. Choruby      .304
2. Bedford       .307
3. Shewmake   .348

PeabodyHawg

We're making the Aggy pitcher look too good.  Spanburger missed a HR by a foot. 

PeabodyHawg

JHicks3636

Choruby leads it off in the Aggie 1st, 0-1, 1-1, grounds out to 2B