Jamar Hornsby

Started by Joe, November 21, 2008, 03:51:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ntubjr

I think we get Crim and therefore he goes elsewhere

The_Hill

Quote from: ntubjr on November 25, 2008, 09:24:32 pm
Agreed, I think Jamar Hornsby's character flaws will be a moot point by the time it is all said and done
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

COCHISE

November 25, 2008, 09:33:55 pm #52 Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:53:56 pm by 870 RZR
Quote from: ntubjr on November 25, 2008, 09:24:32 pm
I'd like to get Crim, we'd still get the experience we need in the secondary but without the baggage.

Dirty

We don't need him.  Stick with Madison.

songofthesword

the problem is madison doesn't stick with anyone else.

kingofdequeen

F it. Sign the sucker up.

win win win win win win win win win win and win some more.

damn the torpedoes.....full steam ahead.

e pluribus hogum.

The Boar War

Quote from: 870 RZR on November 25, 2008, 06:27:32 pm
I definitely say we pass, the guy was in trouble as early as May of this year, he's also a redshirt junior, I don't think he's worth the likely tumultuous year.  More importantly, I don't want to hear or read about people bashing Petrino and the program for allowing this guy on the team.

http://news.jacksonville.com/pieceofdiroc/2008/05/09/jamar-hornsby-arrested-charged-with-credit-card-fraud/

I agree.  I think taking this kid would lead to some negative recruiting.  i.e. "Look at the type of kid Petrino brings in.  Do you want your son in that environment?"

The Realist

Kick someone off for peeing in a bottle...and bring in the guy who is into necro-theft all in the same week. 
It's consistent at least....Wait...
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

RazorBassin

Quote from: The Boar War on November 25, 2008, 11:13:17 pm
I agree.  I think taking this kid would lead to some negative recruiting.  i.e. "Look at the type of kid Petrino brings in.  Do you want your son in that environment?"

Exactly!  I hope that CBP knows this could HURT recruiting.  Not to mention this kid sounds like more trouble than he is worth.  Who knows?  Maybe he would come in and clean up his act.  I just don't want any KNOWN bad apples brought in.  I think this is a big risk.

hogsfan4l1fe

TMc

Can't recruit this guy.  I agree he can go get his free education somewhere else.  I wish him well.

The_Hill

Quote from: TMc on November 26, 2008, 09:04:31 am
Can't recruit this guy.  I agree he can go get his free education somewhere else.  I wish him well.
Lord knows he has gotten enough free stuff in the last couple years
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: songofthesword on November 25, 2008, 11:05:35 pm
the problem is madison doesn't stick with anyone else.

thats just funny right there
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: AnthroHog on November 25, 2008, 03:31:46 pm
Allegedly, Mitchell or Robinson urinated in a teammate's water bottle.  Allegedly, the one that didn't urinate in the bottle wouldn't snitch on him.

Well, Hornsby might be talented on the football field, but let's hope that he's grown up outside of it.  I don't doubt Petrino's ability to control someone that has displayed very poor judgment in the past, nor do I doubt that he would kick if him the team immediately if he does anything that he allegedly did at Florida.

Joe and Anthro, how do you guys know this?  Just asking .....wanting to make sure it's the truth that's all.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

AnthroHog

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on November 26, 2008, 02:23:18 pm
Joe and Anthro, how do you guys know this?  Just asking .....wanting to make sure it's the truth that's all.

I said allegedly because that is what is being said on the main board.  Here's a link:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=261614.msg3840561#msg3840561

Newcoachplease

Everyone needs to get off their high horse and think about how many players on our team would do the same thing. I would say at least 50% would use the credit card, most of these kids come from nothing and the instant gratification of money makes thier judgement clouted.

And something about this story doesnt make sense to me, how does a credit card stay active for 6 months after someone dies? If you dont make your payment within a few months, wouldnt it deactivate?

The_Hill

November 26, 2008, 05:52:36 pm #66 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:03:17 pm by The_Hill
nm

The Boar War

Quote from: Newcoachplease on November 26, 2008, 05:27:23 pm

And something about this story doesnt make sense to me, how does a credit card stay active for 6 months after someone dies? If you dont make your payment within a few months, wouldnt it deactivate?

I wondered about the same thing.  It could be that the parent paid the bill without paying much attention to the actual statement (thinking that she had not paid off the full amount).

hogwild3393

I think if he can contribute and bring to much bagage to our program then take him... If we don't get him he will most likely be playing against us...