Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Violation of team rules

Started by SquidBilly, November 23, 2008, 08:35:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

In Wally's article he says Ernest Mitchell and Antwain Robinson did not travel because of a violation of team rules.  I'm honestly not trying to stir anything up but I do not remember when before this year a kid was punished with a suspension for a violation of team rules.  Does anyone remember the last time, before Petrino got here, that a Razorback player was punished for violating team rules?

Feralhog

November 23, 2008, 08:41:50 pm #1 Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:43:39 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: ATLpiggie on November 23, 2008, 08:35:04 pm
In Wally's article he says Ernest Mitchell and Antwain Robinson did not travel because of a violation of team rules.  I'm honestly not trying to stir anything up but I do not remember when before this year a kid was punished with a suspension for a violation of team rules.  Does anyone remember the last time, before Petrino got here, that a Razorback player was punished for violating team rules?

Hell, in the past we were lucky if they were punished for things that would land the rest of us in jail.  I take that back. If the player was worth a crap, then they wouldn't be punished.  The rest of the guys were treated like the rest of us if they did something wrong. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

SquidBilly

Quote from: Feralhog on November 23, 2008, 08:41:50 pm
Hell, in the past we were lucky if they were punished for things that would land the rest of us in jail.  I take that back. If the player was worth a crap, then they wouldn't be punished.  The rest of the guys were treated like the rest of us if they did something wrong. 

So much for not stirring things up.  :)  That was my recollection as well but I didn't want to speak out of turn if it had happened and I just didn't remember it.

jmingram911

Quote from: ATLpiggie on November 23, 2008, 08:55:16 pm
So much for not stirring things up.  :)  That was my recollection as well but I didn't want to speak out of turn if it had happened and I just didn't remember it.

Yeah,yeah, yeah....  I saw that big stirring stick in your hand from the start!! LOL

Immensehog

There was the one walk-on (name escapes) me, that Nutt punished every week.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Feralhog

Quote from: ATLpiggie on November 23, 2008, 08:55:16 pm

In the wake of an abysmal season, it was a final opportunity for these Seniors to exit stage left with their heads held high.  It was their choice.  Their legacy could either be.............. redefining the heart beat of Razorback football by demonstrating true character passed down from guys like Burlsworth, and even though these Seniors will not experience the success on the field of their predecessors, the sheer guts demonstrated these last practices down the stretch will serve as an inspiration for every squad that follows.  OR............... their legacy will be a reflection of a time in Razorback football where thinking selfishly was SOP.   

One is worthy to be remembered, the other deserves to be forgotten.   
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

doo-ran

Quote from: Feralhog on November 23, 2008, 09:21:36 pm
In the wake of an abysmal season, it was a final opportunity for these Seniors to exit stage left with their heads held high.  It was their choice.  Their legacy could either be.............. redefining the heart beat of Razorback football by demonstrating true character passed down from guys like Burlsworth, and even though these Seniors will not experience the success on the field of their predecessors, the sheer guts demonstrated these last practices down the stretch will serve as an inspiration for every squad that follows.  OR............... their legacy will be a reflection of a time in Razorback football where thinking selfishly was SOP.  

Well said,,,I've already forgotten many of the seniors.

Hawgrox

Quote from: Feralhog on November 23, 2008, 09:21:36 pm

Yes....I agree was just too lazy  (or drunk) to say it.

Feralhog

I have a feeling we're going to hear more about this the next few days.

GabeMartini

More than likely we're seeing the fallout of Petrino's last two weeks of more intense practice and "put up or shut up" time.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Feralhog on November 23, 2008, 10:13:42 pm
I have a feeling we're going to hear more about this the next few days.

I hope we do.  I'd like to know what exactly these two did that got them suspended.  Not that it matters too much though, I'm just glad we have a HC with strict rules and the willingness to follow through with punishment for breaking those rules. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Immensehog on November 23, 2008, 09:13:38 pm
There was the one walk-on (name escapes) me, that Nutt punished every week.

That was a 5*QB. 8)

jamie72921

Don't you have to have team rules before you can actually break one?
Bless your heart

Feralhog

November 23, 2008, 10:48:49 pm #13 Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:57:30 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: jamie72921 on November 23, 2008, 10:26:39 pm
Don't you have to have team rules before you can actually break one?

Well that was the tricky part with the last regime.  Being informed of breaking the team rule was the only time the player was told that such a rule existed.  Often times, the team rules read like a golf rulebook.  For example.  Threatening people with a gun may fall into the category breaking a team rule 15A) IF the gun crossed the door entry but no drugs were involved could allow the player to take a free ride, keeping the point of entry between him and the person he's assaulting by two arms lengths, no closer to the victim.  Or 15B) IF the gun crossed the property line via a back door or window and drugs were involved, player returns to previous position, and under no penalty,  remain in apartment until the rules committee comes up with a plan to cover his ass.   15C)  If 15A or 15B occurs by a player who is a walk on or scrub, player must go into the street, keeping the point of the violation between he and the crime scene, no closer to the victim, and shall incur the penalty of being thrown under 1 bus, for scrub, and disqualification for walkon.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: Feralhog on November 23, 2008, 10:48:49 pm
Well that was the tricky part with the last regime.  Being informed of breaking the team rule was the only time the player was told that such a rule existed.  Often times, the team rules read like a golf rulebook.  For example.  Threatening people with a gun may fall into the category breaking a team rule 15A) the gun crossed the door entry but no drugs were involved could allow the player to take a free ride, keeping the point of entry between him and the person he's assaulting by two arms lengths, no closer to the victim.  15B) the gun crossed the property line via a back door or window and drugs were involved, player returns to previous position, and under no penalty,  remain in apartment until the rules committee comes up with a plan to cover his ass.   15C)  If 15A or 15B occurs by a player who is a walk on or scrub, player must go into the street, keeping the point of the violation between he and the crime scene, no closer to the victim, and shall incur a 1 bus to be thrown under, driven by rules committee.

Good point...That was one of the things that I hated most about TCTWF. Even if it takes a couple of years before we start competing for the SEC, at least we'll clean up the system and finally have a program with character.

hog_fan

I suspect these two did not like the tougher practices. Robinson admitted publicly he didn't give petrino a chance.

kgr

tctwf did have team rules

sonic

oce cream for everybody
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: kgr on November 23, 2008, 11:47:36 pm
tctwf did have team rules

sonic

oce cream for everybody
hey there is no reason to discredit sonic by mentioning in the same sentence what did sonic ever do to you ;)
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

PORKINATOR

AR and EM have been a disruptive influence all season. Just not on the field of play. Both have Whiffed and Olayed like a pair of Matadors on the D-line all year. Just a hunch, but my gut says kick em off the team, leave em in the dorm for LSU and play those who want to win.

hillhog

I recall Lou Holtz left 3 players home when the Hogs laid the wood to Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.
No one should be above the team.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hillhog on November 24, 2008, 10:04:28 am
I recall Lou Holtz left 3 players home when the Hogs laid the wood to Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.
No one should be above the team.

Agreed, NO ONE is bigger than the team.
Go Hogs Go!

hillhog

The thing that is most remarkable to me is that these players that are whizzing away the teams chances at success seem to not realize that the most lasting image will be that THEY, themselves are quitters and that will be the legacy remembered of them as their time on the hill. Not that is will matter to them but I will always be ashamed that they wore the uniform and went on the field as a Razorback. Send them packing today.

hogfanfromlr

I think looking at the bigger picture now seeing how bad the Defense played was that it cost us a bowl chance and several more weeks of practice for these young players.

BP, obviously made a statement here and I hope the younger guys heard it.

PORKINATOR

Just another gut hunch, they knew exactly what they were doing. Wonder how much of our money that cost ole Colonel Reb.

jtvhog

I don' know if this has been mentioned, but did anyone read AntR's article in the Game Day edition of the Gazzette for the Ole Miss game? I couldn't believe they printed it because it was all about loving the nutt and having a hard time adjusting to BP.  He said that his playing time was down because he didn't like the military atmosphere of practice, etc. I'm not surprised that this guy was left at home.

Silver Hog

'Team rule' means wanting to be a hog and play well.

tcarllee

This whole incident isn't about anything that happened in practice.  It has to do with an incident on the plane ride home from south carolina.  One of the guys (Mitchell or Robinson) pissed in a bottle as a practical joke.  The one who didn't do the deed got dragged down into the mess because the culprit didn't confess. 

hogknows

does anyone remember what AR said in the paper about a month ago?

He said what you said....and more...

welchog

Quote from: tcarllee on November 24, 2008, 12:36:07 pm
This whole incident isn't about anything that happened in practice.  It has to do with an incident on the plane ride home from south carolina.  One of the guys (Mitchell or Robinson) pissed in a bottle as a practical joke.  The one who didn't do the deed got dragged down into the mess because the culprit didn't confess. 
I believe that about as much as I believe in that red suited jolly guy that's gonna slide a 73" big screen down my chimney this DEC 25th.

Hogchittlins

Yes, the guy's did urinate in a bottle and for some stupid reason, they refused to say who actually pulled the prank.  Yes, they both are seniors and yes, they both should be punished.  This comes from someone close to both individuals.

4thdownnutt

these boys better get the message.  Its his way or the hiway.  This guy has backbone unlike slap on the wrist dork

idochog

Quote from: Hogchittlins on November 24, 2008, 01:31:42 pm
Yes, the guy's did urinate in a bottle and for some stupid reason, they refused to say who actually pulled the prank.  Yes, they both are seniors and yes, they both should be punished.  This comes from someone close to both individuals.

Frankly I bet they thought they would not be punished enough to miss a game.  Petrino is showing the team who is in charge and what their priorities should be.
I love Jesus!

pedrothelion

Looks as though they will both miss the LSU game as well.

code red

Quote from: pedrothelion on November 24, 2008, 02:01:47 pm
Looks as though they will both miss the LSU game as well.
I hope these guys realize what they have done to their teammates the last two weeks.  If those guys would have "toed the line" we may well have been bowl eligable come 6 pm friday.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Feralhog

Quote from: idochog on November 24, 2008, 01:51:05 pm
Frankly I bet they thought they would not be punished enough to miss a game.  Petrino is showing the team who is in charge and what their priorities should be.

If this is true, it probably wasn't so much the act that was committed as it was having two Seniors playing grab ass after having their asses kicked all over the field by S. Carol.

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: Feralhog on November 24, 2008, 02:18:13 pm
If this is true, it probably wasn't so much the act that was committed as it was having two Seniors playing grab ass after having their asses kicked all over the field by S. Carol.

BINGO!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Feralhog

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on November 24, 2008, 02:25:22 pm
BINGO!

Actually, it's partially true.  I just found out a few more details and even if they hadn't been yuking it up, the act goes a bit beyond the description above and I imagine they would have been in hot water regardless.     

El Puerco

Out for both games.  Not smart

Hogblog

Someday these two clowns will look back and realize their behavior and attitude cost them millions of dollars.......... :'(

El Puerco

A 2 game suspension with only 2 games left is a euphemism for kicked off the team.

AuburnHog

Quote from: Feralhog on November 24, 2008, 02:33:27 pm
Actually, it's partially true.  I just found out a few more details and even if they hadn't been yuking it up, the act goes a bit beyond the description above and I imagine they would have been in hot water regardless.    

What are the details?

Feralhog

November 24, 2008, 03:25:13 pm #41 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:36:06 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: AuburnHog on November 24, 2008, 03:17:09 pm
What are the details?

I'm not at liberty to say.  It's lacking a few details but the description above is accurate.  Suffice to say their actions was an embarrassment to themselves, their teammates, the coaches and the University of Arkansas. 

Wildhog

Petrino's got some studs coming in to replace them next year.  No big deal, good riddance.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TLFHAWG

The days of the Ice Cream Man coaching staff has passed.  WPS.

Theolesnort

Actually the trip back home should have been a somber one at best after the egg they laid. Not a time to be yukking it up. I once had a coach that would have had them drawn and quartered. Don't you think the frivolity told Petrino something about their commitment being seniors and all?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Feralhog on November 24, 2008, 03:25:13 pm
I'm not at liberty to say.  It's lacking a few details but the description above is accurate. 

They didn't actually try to make sommeone drink it did they?

hogknows

welchog

Quote from: welchog on November 24, 2008, 01:01:12 pm
I believe that about as much as I believe in that red suited jolly guy that's gonna slide a 73" big screen down my chimney this DEC 25th.

Quote from: Feralhog on November 24, 2008, 03:25:13 pm
I'm not at liberty to say.  It's lacking a few details but the description above is accurate.  Suffice to say their actions was an embarrassment to themselves, their teammates, the coaches and the University of Arkansas. 

OK, so does that mean I WILL get that 73" HD for Christmas?  ;D

OTTER

Quote from: welchog on November 24, 2008, 03:42:33 pm
Ho, Ho, Ho!!!  NO!!!!!  Me and the elves will enjoy it though.  On Donner, on Blitzen---hee, hee we got a TV!!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Feralhog

Quote from: welchog on November 24, 2008, 03:42:33 pm

No, but keep up with the solid info and you just might find a mod decoder ring in your mailbox.