Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any info on Pelphrey's recruiting thus far???

Started by fu-man-soo, April 21, 2007, 09:17:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

Your right or one that just got hired to Kentucky.

football-writer

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 24, 2007, 09:36:48 am

Please don't bring up BG's name...the more I think about the BS he pulled on Arkansas the more I want the Hogs to walk into Rupp Arena and tear the sumbi%#* down!
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

mbgrulz

Quote from: football-writer on April 24, 2007, 12:25:44 pm

Please don't bring up BG's name...the more I think about the BS he pulled on Arkansas the more I want the Hogs to walk into Rupp Arena and tear the sumbi%#* down!
i think you are the one who brought up BG's name. i think he was referring to coach cyp.

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: claytongray on April 24, 2007, 08:57:05 am
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Yes, call me the light of razorback reason for fans who are completely in the dark. Everyone enjoys the honeymoon, let's see what happens when the ball is tossed up.

football-writer

Quote from: mbgrulz on April 24, 2007, 01:27:08 pm
Quote from: football-writer on April 24, 2007, 12:25:44 pm

i think you are the one who brought up BG's name. i think he was referring to coach cyp.

Only one way to find out....go straight to the horse's mouth...no offense, jhudson84.

razorbear

There is apparently no information out there about who will be added to next years team.  I just hope we sign some contributors to the program and not just players to practice against and wear the uniform.
Brutha, you got to get real!

Held Hawgstage

Who knows what Pelphrey is up to. At least the LadyRazorback coach came on Press Row the other morning and gave an update. We need coaches that are open with the press and aren't scared to put things out there. That may be one way to keep some of the rumors down.

fu-man-soo

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 27, 2007, 03:51:47 pm
Who knows what Pelphrey is up to. At least the LadyRazorback coach came on Press Row the other morning and gave an update. We need coaches that are open with the press and aren't scared to put things out there. That may be one way to keep some of the rumors down.

are you ever going to give up, i have never done this but i am about to hit ignore on you. you need to chill out

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 27, 2007, 03:57:22 pm

are you ever going to give up, i have never done this but i am about to hit ignore on you. you need to chill out

I can appreciate a woman standing up for her man. Sorry Mrs. Pelphrey.

fu-man-soo

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 27, 2007, 04:05:27 pm
Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 27, 2007, 03:57:22 pm

I can appreciate a woman standing up for her man. Sorry Mrs. Pelphrey.

i hope the weather is nice in florida stan, so long

claytongray

Actually, we need coaches to recruit rather than give interviews about recruiting.

501Ben

It is hard to interview someone when they are out of the office for a weeks at a time doing there job, recruiting!

Held Hawgstage

Somewhat true. Besides his answer to "how's the recruiting going?" will be the usual
"I came in too late to get anyone who's going to make an impact" routine.  :puke: So yeah, what's the point of giving an interview. Might as well be out there getting those community college recruits.

fu-man-soo

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 28, 2007, 09:23:18 am
Somewhat true. Besides his answer to "how's the recruiting going?" will be the usual
"I came in too late to get anyone who's going to make an impact" routine.  :puke: So yeah, what's the point of giving an interview. Might as well be out there getting those community college recruits.

you need help, you are by far the worst poster on the board

Held Hawgstage

Thanks Pel! Your years at SOUTHERN ALABAMA have proven you to be an excellent evaluator of talent. So coming from you I would consider that a compliment!

fu-man-soo

held hawgstage you are going to be eating corw, why dont you go find a new team to root for

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/639468.html

Willie Warren - 5*

DUNCANVILLE, Texas - As of Wednesday, the University of Arkansas is back in play for shooting guard Willie Warren – one of the nation's best 2008 prospects.

That's when new Razorback head coach John Pelphrey talked to Warren and his mom and made sure that the 6-4 Crowley (Texas) High guard knew he was still an important UA target even with the recent coaching change.

"He said if I was thinking Arkansas was going to walk the ball up under him that I was all wrong," Warren said. "He said they wanted to score 85 to 90 points a game and that he was looking for a guard to get up and down the court and score a lot of points. That sounded great to me and I told him I could be that guy.

"So he offered me right then," Warren said. "My mom and I both thought he was really cool and he seems like a coach that really knows what he is doing."

bd93

Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 28, 2007, 09:54:32 am
held hawgstage you are going to be eating corw, why dont you go find a new team to root for

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/639468.html

Willie Warren - 5*

DUNCANVILLE, Texas - As of Wednesday, the University of Arkansas is back in play for shooting guard Willie Warren – one of the nation's best 2008 prospects.

That's when new Razorback head coach John Pelphrey talked to Warren and his mom and made sure that the 6-4 Crowley (Texas) High guard knew he was still an important UA target even with the recent coaching change.

"He said if I was thinking Arkansas was going to walk the ball up under him that I was all wrong," Warren said. "He said they wanted to score 85 to 90 points a game and that he was looking for a guard to get up and down the court and score a lot of points. That sounded great to me and I told him I could be that guy.

"So he offered me right then," Warren said. "My mom and I both thought he was really cool and he seems like a coach that really knows what he is doing."

Held Hawgstage, Fu-Man-soo just made you look bad.

Held Hawgstage

Hell....Pel could have been sitting in Oden's or Durant's living room last year and offering them a scholarship, that doesn't mean they are coming. Gentlemen, step back...breathe in....breathe out.... I know this has been a tough go round but let's be realistic. A recruit says one nice thing about a school or coach and these recruiting sites just run with it. Can't judge a person by what he's going to do but what he's done. Pel has not proven to be a great recruiter, just going off of his talent at Southern Alabama. When he actually gets Warren in a hog uniform then maybe I'll consider sitting down for a crow dinner, until then. Pel is still OVER RATED!

Proud Hog

Why don't you let the man get his first recuriting class and coach his first game before you judge him.It is hard to get top talent at Southern Alabama.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 28, 2007, 10:16:57 am
Hell....Pel could have been sitting in Oden's or Durant's living room last year and offering them a scholarship, that doesn't mean they are coming. Gentlemen, step back...breathe in....breathe out.... I know this has been a tough go round but let's be realistic. A recruit says one nice thing about a school or coach and these recruiting sites just run with it. Can't judge a person by what he's going to do but what he's done. Pel has not proven to be a great recruiter, just going off of his talent at Southern Alabama. When he actually gets Warren in a hog uniform then maybe I'll consider sitting down for a crow dinner, until then. Pel is still OVER RATED!

Fortunately, it is not what you think that matters, it is what recruits like Warren, Clarke, etc. think that is important and at this point they seem to be very interested.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: Proud Hog on April 28, 2007, 10:41:53 am
Why don't you let the man get his first recuriting class and coach his first game before you judge him.It is hard to get top talent at Southern Alabama.

And it was hard to get top talent at USC, Kansas State, and Southern Illinois a year ago. But they all have turned around their programs with solid recruiting. That's an excuse and I don't buy it. Never will. Either you can recruit or you can't.

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 28, 2007, 10:47:26 am

Fortunately, it is not what you think that matters, it is what recruits like Warren, Clarke, etc. think that is important and at this point they seem to be very interested.

What did you expect them to say when they are talking to an arkansas recruiting guy or radio station. They like the attention and don't mind talking about their recruitment. Doesn't mean they are coming.

Proud Hog

Thats what im saying he can't turn the program around before he gets his first class or coaches his first game.Give him time.I think he will prove you wrong.

cardinalhawg

April 28, 2007, 11:02:50 am #73 Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 11:17:49 pm by cardinalhawg

I understand what you are saying.  I, like others, are excited about Pelphrey and what I see him doing at Arkansas, especially with the uptempo style.  He also seems to be coming across to recruits well, but as you have stated, a recruit will typically be positive when prompted publicly for such comments.  A fan can go to extremes on support or non-support as well.  I like how Pelphrey told Warren about wanting to average 85-90 points a game and play uptempo, but if that does not end up being reality, accompanied with success, then people will think that the coach was all talk and no show.   When Houston Nutt came in, he said a lot of positive things about the Razorbacks and the direction of the program, but many are critical of him today for that. 

South Alabama is not as easy to recruit to, as some of those schools you mentioned, and people like Tim Floyd and Bob Huggins had established names and success, which goes a long way.  With that being said, Pelphrey did well in building up the South Alabama program.  Pulling in transfers to a program like that is not a bad route to take in building up a program at a smaller level.

Held Hawgstage

Cardinalhawg...that was like fox news....fair and balanced. A breath of fresh air on this board. Very balanced. I have no problem with Pelphrey...but did we have to HOPE on another coach? Was a trip to the SEC championship game and two NCAA appearances not good enough and we are back to hoping we have someone to get us there. The apologists are already out there saying Ben Howlands first year at UCLA was bad even though he had a bunch of talent. The spin is already begining in case we crash and burn next year. The talent is in place this year and nothing less than a SEC Championship and 2nd round loss in the ncaa tournament would mean we regressed. Like it or not, anything less is REGRESSION.

HawgG

Arkansas has a chance with Clarke, but Warren will probably end up at Kansas or Kentucky.

There are other guards out there besides these two and I promise you that Coach Pelphrey will have more options.

claytongray

Quote from: HawgG on April 28, 2007, 12:06:26 pm
Warren will probably end up at Kansas or Kentucky.

What makes you think this?

fu-man-soo

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 28, 2007, 11:12:26 am
Cardinalhawg...that was like fox news....fair and balanced. A breath of fresh air on this board. Very balanced. I have no problem with Pelphrey...but did we have to HOPE on another coach? Was a trip to the SEC championship game and two NCAA appearances not good enough and we are back to hoping we have someone to get us there. The apologists are already out there saying Ben Howlands first year at UCLA was bad even though he had a bunch of talent. The spin is already begining in case we crash and burn next year. The talent is in place this year and nothing less than a SEC Championship and 2nd round loss in the ncaa tournament would mean we regressed. Like it or not, anything less is REGRESSION.

you have no problem with coach pel but you think he is overrated????????

your bs is getting old

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 28, 2007, 10:49:56 am
Quote from: Proud Hog on April 28, 2007, 10:41:53 am

And it was hard to get top talent at USC, Kansas State, and Southern Illinois a year ago. But they all have turned around their programs with solid recruiting. That's an excuse and I don't buy it. Never will. Either you can recruit or you can't.

Arkansas is back in on just about every major recruit Stan Heath was after and we have offered two 2009' Prospects with another offer for 09' coming soon.  Does that calm the soul a bit?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

Quote from: claytongray on April 28, 2007, 07:04:18 pm

Simple research.

Not to mention playing from behind against Self and a somewhat surprising Gilespie can be a losing battle no matter who the Coach or school is.

Razorhog2006q

Any info about the 2007 recruiting class? Are we going to add anyone else? I'm stoked about Pelphrey getting a start on future prospects, but what about this season?

HawgG

Quote from: Razorhog2006q on April 28, 2007, 10:44:03 pm
Any info about the 2007 recruiting class? Are we going to add anyone else? I'm stoked about Pelphrey getting a start on future prospects, but what about this season?
Well my man if you are feeling that tingling sensation about Pelphrey's recruiting, then I got the fix you need.

2007 INFO??? CLICK ME

Make sure to scroll up and down the page for some class of 2007 prospects.

claytongray

Quote from: HawgG on April 28, 2007, 10:33:32 pm

Simple research.

Not to mention playing from behind against Self and a somewhat surprising Gilespie can be a losing battle no matter who the Coach or school is.

LOL at simple research. Being the leader on a kid six months before signing day is nice, but it's far from a cinch. If a kid had any desire to come to Arkansas under Heath, then there is ample time for him to decide to come to Arkansas under Pelphrey.

HawgG

Quote from: claytongrayLOL at simple research. Being the leader on a kid six months before signing day is nice, but it's far from a cinch. If a kid had any desire to come to Arkansas under Heath, then there is ample time for him to decide to come to Arkansas under Pelphrey.

LMAO at you thinking that a 1 or 2 year relationship between prospects and coaches means nothing.

It doesn't have to be Pelphrey it can be any coach.Yes a few kids love the school no matter what, but most of the time it comes down to built up relationships with coaches.

Watch Pelphrey will be a much better recruiter for the '09 class then he is for the '08 class.

pignatious

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 23, 2007, 04:59:28 pm
This was the problem with the fan base. They had no idea where Stan ranked in recruiting. Based on Rivals, his recruiting was ranked higher than Texas A&M the previous two years. Yet everyone jumped on the Gillespie bandwagon just like they jump on Pelphrey. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that shows A) Pelphrey is a proven recruiter B) Pelphrey is an outstanding coach. The only thing going for Pelphrey was he played for Kentucky and he was an assistant to Donovan, before they ever won a championship. WoW! We were just happy to get a coach and we have now anointed the guy the next John Wooden. Let's slow down a bit, but he needs to speed up his recruiting. That's what I loved about Stan, he was always out there recruiting. That's how you end up with the SEC freshman of the year, defensive player of the year and juco player of the year. That's a huge part of college basketball. He didn't need to have a whole staff in place before he hit the road.

Let's face it, the fan base is energized because we finally got a coach to say yes. Now let's see what he's done.

You don't mention anywhere in here that Heath is a bad coach. It was time for a change.
Freedom is never free.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 23, 2007, 05:53:01 pm
Coaching gets you to the SEC championship. Coaching gets you to average 20 wins a season for the past 3 season. Coaching gets you to two ncaa appearances in 2 years. If the kids aren't playing playing for you, your record is worse than that. If these kids weren't playing for him, he would have had the same record as when he didn't have the talent. His team won a preseason tournament, went toe to toe with Texas and Florida in their house, beat Alabama and Vanderbilt twice, if anyone quit on anyone, it was the fans quiting on a coach that turned the program around and didn't have the decency to allow him the opportunity to coach these guys out. Then bring up 7 scholarships which you are giving to an unproven recruiter. The game has changed in the past 20 years let alone the past 10, it's about recruiting, and I guess we have to wait and see with this Pelphrey fellow.

Great post

Phatasshog

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 23, 2007, 07:44:36 pm
A)What happens when you lose players? You have to bring in new ones. You have to recruit new players. Tampa Bay has failed to do that since Dungy left.
My belief is Pelphrey may get one or two, but nothing close to Heath's level. Well have to wait and see.

B)All I've heard is that Heath wasn't emotional enough. Wasn't passionate enough. What was he suppose to do. Act like Bob Knight and become a clown. Coaches can win without stormin up and down the court putting attention on themselves instead of on the players. Wooden is the greatest basketball coach and became so without acting like an embarrassment.

Again, we were heading in the right direction and now we must put our faith in a guy whose track record is nothing close to Heath, Noland, or Sutton when they came here. Hell, not even close to Altman. 

Heath's track rec
Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 23, 2007, 08:20:16 pm

Southeastern Conference road record of 7-33, heath is gone, i liked him too, but it is time to get over it

I've spent the past 7 years getting over it. We were finally making some headway and now we have to put our faith in an unproven coach. So when he can't build on what has been established do what? Try to get over it for another 7 years. I hope the guys buy into what Pelphrey is selling because on of the hardest things is coaching a bunch of seniors who haven't bought into your system. It gets ugly before it gets worse. That's why it was better to give Heath another year. High expectations, a couple of early losses, players get discouraged, don't agree with his coaching, losses mount, it will be very ugly.
[/quote]

Fu-Man-Soo thanks for trying to input some logic into this guys head, but i have figured out that this is not going to happen. 
Held Hawgstage-----Heath=good guy, good recruiter, not so good coach

Getting rid of Heath-------$900,000
Hiring Pelphrey-----------$1.2 million with all incentives
Figuring out Held Hawgstage is an idiot---------PRICELESS

football-writer

Simple research.

Whose to say they will be playing from behind?

football-writer

Quote from: Phatasshog on May 01, 2007, 09:55:13 am
Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 23, 2007, 07:44:36 pm
A)What happens when you lose players? You have to bring in new ones. You have to recruit new players. Tampa Bay has failed to do that since Dungy left.
My belief is Pelphrey may get one or two, but nothing close to Heath's level. Well have to wait and see.

B)All I've heard is that Heath wasn't emotional enough. Wasn't passionate enough. What was he suppose to do. Act like Bob Knight and become a clown. Coaches can win without stormin up and down the court putting attention on themselves instead of on the players. Wooden is the greatest basketball coach and became so without acting like an embarrassment.

Again, we were heading in the right direction and now we must put our faith in a guy whose track record is nothing close to Heath, Noland, or Sutton when they came here. Hell, not even close to Altman. 

Heath's track rec
Quote from: Held Hawgstage on April 23, 2007, 08:20:16 pm

Southeastern Conference road record of 7-33, heath is gone, i liked him too, but it is time to get over it

I've spent the past 7 years getting over it. We were finally making some headway and now we have to put our faith in an unproven coach. So when he can't build on what has been established do what? Try to get over it for another 7 years. I hope the guys buy into what Pelphrey is selling because on of the hardest things is coaching a bunch of seniors who haven't bought into your system. It gets ugly before it gets worse. That's why it was better to give Heath another year. High expectations, a couple of early losses, players get discouraged, don't agree with his coaching, losses mount, it will be very ugly.

Fu-Man-Soo thanks for trying to input some logic into this guys head, but i have figured out that this is not going to happen. 

[/quote]

Let me fix your figures

Getting rid of Heath.....$0 (due to his being hired by another university)
Hiring Pelphrey............$1.2 million with incentives
Figuring out that everyone who calls an unproven, untested Pelphrey Overrated needs to be patient..........Priceless

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: football-writer on May 01, 2007, 12:29:17 pm

Let me fix your figures

Getting rid of Heath.....$0 (due to his being hired by another university)
Hiring Pelphrey............$1.2 million with incentives
Figuring out that everyone who calls an unproven, untested Pelphrey Overrated needs to be patient..........Priceless
[/quote]

These little cheap shots are quite HILARIOUS! If you would spend more time ANALYZING Gillespie and Pelphreys track record you would see how RIDICOULOUS and BLINDED you sound. What BIG games have they won? What is their claim to fame? Both rode the coattails of another coach. Look at the schedules. I will take Heath's Elite 8 appearance and returning my hogs back to the NCAA's the last two years over anything these UNPROVEN, OVER RATED!, HYPE DRIVEN, coaches have done thus far. It's a classic case of fans just wanting change for the sake of change and AD's scared they are going to miss out on the next big thing. I root for guys like Heath who are willing to roll their sleeves up and take on a challenge than those who are given a free ride to success. Those type of coaches are PRICELESS!

claytongray

I agree that Heath is proven. Of course he's only proven that his Razorback teams will underachieve.

fu-man-soo

heath went to elite 8 with someone else's players.

stan against the sec 31-49.  not sure why you don't understand that he was terrible against the sec. if you werent aware that is what conference we are in

Held Hawgstage

This is why we hired Pelfrey? Because he's been there? Where? Good job Frank and excellent explanation. Ok. now I understand why everyone is excited.

I want to repeat some of the other things that make him the one that fits this job. When you think about it, he coached in this arena. He coached with Billy Donovan in this arena against the Razorbacks, so he has been there. That is the one question I would ask when I hired an assistant or a head coach, 'Has he been there before?' Yes, this coach has been there before. Let me go back, as a player in the state of Kentucky his senior year, he was voted the outstanding player in the state, so he has been there as a player. Then he was recruited by Eddie Sutton, who is going to be a Hall of Fame coach, at Kentucky. He played one year for Coach Sutton and then Rick Pitino took over and he played three years for Rick Pitino. If you look at the press guide his senior year, a quote from Rick Pitino says 'I wouldn't trade John Pelphrey for any basketball player in America.' He has been there as a player under two great coaches.

"Eddie Sutton thought enough of him to hire him as a coach when he came back from Europe playing professional basketball. So he coached with Eddie Sutton. Then he went with Billy Donovan to Marshall for two years and then down to Florida for six years. He has been there recruiting against other SEC teams. When Billy Donovan called me and Jeremy Foley called me, they made it clear that they thought he would be one of the star coaches anywhere in the Southeastern Conference. They all talked about how he has been there. He has been there with good teams. You can't always hire guys that have been there, but if you can, hire a coach that has been there. He has been there in this arena and been there recruiting against everybody in this conference. He has worked for three great coaches and played for two great coaches, and he has been there for what you think will be a fit for the University of Arkansas. I want to introduce John Pelphrey as our new men's basketball coach."
  :puke:

fu-man-soo

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 01, 2007, 04:54:42 pm
This is why we hired Pelfrey? Because he's been there? Where? Good job Frank and excellent explanation. Ok. now I understand why everyone is excited.

I want to repeat some of the other things that make him the one that fits this job. When you think about it, he coached in this arena. He coached with Billy Donovan in this arena against the Razorbacks, so he has been there. That is the one question I would ask when I hired an assistant or a head coach, ‘Has he been there before?’ Yes, this coach has been there before. Let me go back, as a player in the state of Kentucky his senior year, he was voted the outstanding player in the state, so he has been there as a player. Then he was recruited by Eddie Sutton, who is going to be a Hall of Fame coach, at Kentucky. He played one year for Coach Sutton and then Rick Pitino took over and he played three years for Rick Pitino. If you look at the press guide his senior year, a quote from Rick Pitino says ‘I wouldn’t trade John Pelphrey for any basketball player in America.’ He has been there as a player under two great coaches.

“Eddie Sutton thought enough of him to hire him as a coach when he came back from Europe playing professional basketball. So he coached with Eddie Sutton. Then he went with Billy Donovan to Marshall for two years and then down to Florida for six years. He has been there recruiting against other SEC teams. When Billy Donovan called me and Jeremy Foley called me, they made it clear that they thought he would be one of the star coaches anywhere in the Southeastern Conference. They all talked about how he has been there. He has been there with good teams. You can’t always hire guys that have been there, but if you can, hire a coach that has been there. He has been there in this arena and been there recruiting against everybody in this conference. He has worked for three great coaches and played for two great coaches, and he has been there for what you think will be a fit for the University of Arkansas. I want to introduce John Pelphrey as our new men’s basketball coach.”
Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 01, 2007, 04:54:42 pm

I want to repeat some of the other things that make him the one that fits this job. When you think about it, he coached in this arena. He coached with Billy Donovan in this arena against the Razorbacks, so he has been there. That is the one question I would ask when I hired an assistant or a head coach, ‘Has he been there before?’ Yes, this coach has been there before. Let me go back, as a player in the state of Kentucky his senior year, he was voted the outstanding player in the state, so he has been there as a player. Then he was recruited by Eddie Sutton, who is going to be a Hall of Fame coach, at Kentucky. He played one year for Coach Sutton and then Rick Pitino took over and he played three years for Rick Pitino. If you look at the press guide his senior year, a quote from Rick Pitino says ‘I wouldn’t trade John Pelphrey for any basketball player in America.’ He has been there as a player under two great coaches.

“Eddie Sutton thought enough of him to hire him as a coach when he came back from Europe playing professional basketball. So he coached with Eddie Sutton. Then he went with Billy Donovan to Marshall for two years and then down to Florida for six years. He has been there recruiting against other SEC teams. When Billy Donovan called me and Jeremy Foley called me, they made it clear that they thought he would be one of the star coaches anywhere in the Southeastern Conference. They all talked about how he has been there. He has been there with good teams. You can’t always hire guys that have been there, but if you can, hire a coach that has been there. He has been there in this arena and been there recruiting against everybody in this conference. He has worked for three great coaches and played for two great coaches, and he has been there for what you think will be a fit for the University of Arkansas. I want to introduce John Pelphrey as our new men’s basketball coach.”

i am going to leave you on ignore for good this time.  id hate to get banned over a jerk like you

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: football-writer on May 01, 2007, 12:25:50 pm

Simple research.

Whose to say they will be playing from behind?

Bill Self (& staff) and Glenn Cyprien have been amongst, if not THE, leading recruiters for Willie's LOI.

Pelphrey and staff are now having to try and create a serious relationship while the coaches at UK and KU did that part long, long ago. I believe that's what he meant.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: fu-man-soo on May 01, 2007, 05:09:37 pm
i am going to leave you on ignore for good this time.  id hate to get banned over a jerk like you
Was name calling necessary? Can we just agree to disagree? Forgive me if I'm not easily influenced by the crap the athletic dept tries pushing down our throats and keeps reaching deeper in our pockets. I apologize for not believing the hype so many have have fallen victim to. I'm a strong minded individual who can do his own research. It will always be my belief that you do not fire a coach who's getting you to a tournament for one that is unproven. But it's the weak minded who will pay based on hopes. And they will get your money.   

bd93

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 01, 2007, 06:26:12 pm
Quote from: fu-man-soo on May 01, 2007, 05:09:37 pm
Was name calling necessary? Can we just agree to disagree? Forgive me if I'm not easily influenced by the crap the athletic dept tries pushing down our throats and keeps reaching deeper in our pockets. I apologize for not believing the hype so many have have fallen victim to. I'm a strong minded individual who can do his own research. It will always be my belief that you do not fire a coach who's getting you to a tournament for one that is unproven. But it's the weak minded who will pay based on hopes. And they will get your money.  

Are you a Hog fan or a Hog hater?

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: bd93 on May 01, 2007, 07:12:36 pm
If I don't agree with the firing or this hiring that makes me a hater. I support this program and don't buy into the hype because the wins and losses were ugly. At the end of the day. Scoreboard. We had two good years. Recruiting was going well. We should have shown some class and let Heath at least return and win with his best team after having nothing to start with.

bd93

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 01, 2007, 08:33:26 pm
Quote from: bd93 on May 01, 2007, 07:12:36 pm
If I don't agree with the firing or this hiring that makes me a hater. I support this program and don't buy into the hype because the wins and losses were ugly. At the end of the day. Scoreboard. We had two good years. Recruiting was going well. We should have shown some class and let Heath at least return and win with his best team after having nothing to start with.

I do agree with you on one thing.  That Heath deserved another year.  But he is gone now.  So I moved on.

And as far as Pelphrey goes... I belive the hype and I hope you are worng about him and he comes our to be a great coach.

Held Hawgstage

At least we agree on one thing. There isn't anything in Pelphrey's resume that tells me he will be great. I wish there was. But when I try to find something to support his hire, I find reasons to doubt it instead. If a change was needed that bad, you are going to tell me we couldn't find anyone with a proven record of wins and recruiting throughout the nation. I would have followed a former hog blindly to the end than a Kentucky player. If we were going to give the keys to an unproven driver, I would much rather have Day, Beck, Miller, even D. Gomez be coach than this guy.