Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things still very quiet on the recuriting front.

Started by Proud Hog, April 27, 2007, 03:29:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Hog

I thought we would have heard something by now.I thought when the coaches got back from the touranaments we would have got some news.The only news I heard was that we offered Scanchez.I hope it picks up soon before it is to late. :razorback:

RZRBack_FAN

Proud Hog

Yea,I hope we hear something soon.There is not alot of time left to sign players and alot have already signed or commited elsewhere.

jhudson84

Proud Hog

Oh I know coach is hard at work evaluating talent.And with the short time we have left to sign players there is not alot of time to get word out on what is going on.I think when all is said and done this will be a very good class for coach Pel.

Proud Hog

Me too.Hog fans are just ready to hear some good news.Lately all we have heard are bad things which only hurts the program.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Proud Hog on April 27, 2007, 03:29:35 pm
I thought we would have heard something by now.I thought when the coaches got back from the touranaments we would have got some news.The only news I heard was that we offered Scanchez.I hope it picks up soon before it is to late. :razorback:

Coach Pel has also watched Rotnei Clarke workout, talked to his father & offered him a scholarship for next year.  Also I hear today that he has offered Fred Gulley Jr. for 2 years from now.  News is trickling in, we should be patient for a while, but I know for myself that is tough.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HawgG

501Ben

Proud Hog

Do you have his stats or a link?Have not heard anything about him.He is a shooting guard and we need a point guard but matbe he can play both.

HawgG

Here is another name that was attached to ARKANSAS as to someone that Coach Pelphrey was recruiting.

He signed with a school a few days ago I believe but maybe he is looking to get out of his LOI.

The coaching staff has been trying it is just a matter of time before they breakthrough.

Don't know a lot about his situation but here take a look at the big fellow.

CLICK ME TO SEE WHO I AM

HawgG

April 27, 2007, 06:11:49 pm #11 Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 06:14:37 pm by HawgG
Quote from: 501Ben on April 27, 2007, 05:49:32 pm
Quote from: HawgG on April 27, 2007, 05:46:55 pm
Here is a name that Coach Pelphrey is going after.

Click Me to See Who I Am

I haven't heard this name.
Quote from: Proud Hog on April 27, 2007, 05:50:49 pm
Do you have his stats or a link?Have not heard anything about him.He is a shooting guard and we need a point guard but maybe he can play both.

A very good Juco PG is this guy.

He averaged 14.4 pts and 3.5 assists per game.

He was the MVP of the National JC Championship game leading Midland to a win over Chipola.

He scored 24pts and dished out 5 assists.

There are few coaches looking at him like Coach Pelphrey and the former UA head Hog.

CLICK ME TO LEARN ABOUT ME

Proud Hog

Thanks HawgG.These sound like some very good prospects.Hopefully we will hear something soon.This could be a very good year with what we have coming back and adding a couple more good recurits it could be a very remeberable season.

lookawayquick

What's the latest on Jenniro Bush?  Still waiting on ACT score?  Is JP recruiting him?

HawgG

Quote from: lookawayquick on April 27, 2007, 08:37:01 pm
What's the latest on Jenniro Bush?  Still waiting on ACT score?  Is JP recruiting him?
The latest news I seen is he his playing on the spring AAU circuit which means he is leaning towards reclassifying as a 2008 prospect.

There are some Big East and Big Ten schools talking to him hoping he will sign as a 2007 recruit kind of like the Sanchez situation.

Proud Hog

I had forgot about Bush he seems like a very player.The hogs could use him.

Proud Hog

Are the coaches going to another touranament today?I thought I heard there was one in Texas starting today.Hopefully we will know something when they return.

Proud Hog

When is the last day to sign players?I hope we get some good news soon.

HawgG

Quote from: Proud Hog on April 29, 2007, 10:40:49 am
When is the last day to sign players?I hope we get some good news soon.

The spring basketball signing period goes from April 11 - May 16.

Proud Hog

yraciv

Looks like Jordan Brooks who was at UAFS as a freshman won back to back national championships w/ Midland this year.  Congrats to him!

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

FWF79

Its hard to expect very much BB recruiting news with the FB program going through the current soap opera.

HawgG

Quote from: FWF79 on May 03, 2007, 09:49:57 pm
Its hard to expect very much BB recruiting news with the FB program going through the current soap opera.

From April until November there is basketball recruiting.

If things are quiet this time of the year that is not good news.

All around college basketball things are humming as coaches are scrabbling to fill out their 2007 class and get players in position to sign for the 2008 class.

Proud Hog

Quote from: FWF79 on May 03, 2007, 09:49:57 pm
Yea,I think the football problems are really making it hard to get recurits.Hopefully we will hear something soon.