Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

North End Zone project taking the next step

Started by ricepig, January 25, 2016, 03:08:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

Dwight_K_Shrute

I wonder what the chances for liquor sales throughout this this renovated stadium are?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: factchecker on January 25, 2016, 06:15:32 pm
Amen!  You can increase capacity by adding bowling in the north end zone and then reduce capacity to manageable expectations by installing chair-backs.  They could use the rail system that cowboys stadium implements:

This makes for easy maintenance and they can add seats for big games using this method.  The best part about chair backs is that it defines your seat. 

we're getting a bowling alley, too?!?  awesome
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ricepig

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 25, 2016, 07:23:47 pm
I like that. I'd be down for that.

Ok, at those seats you see at right there, it took a minimum donation of $40,000 and the seats cost $12,000/yr for all-inclusive love box of 4 seats.

http://www.baylor-stadium.com/loge-seating/

KennyForAD

Quote from: LZH on January 25, 2016, 04:48:18 pm
His "insiders" failed to mention anything about it before he hit the send button.

He got a call from a player's parent who thought he was real..  He had to write that!

Still laughing

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 25, 2016, 07:38:46 pm
I wonder what the chances for liquor sales throughout this this renovated stadium are?

Good in the suites and club areas.

georgewbushog

Looks like they are giving up a lot premium parking places for the walkway and trees. I'll be surprised if that makes it into the final design.

ricepig

Quote from: georgewbushog on January 25, 2016, 07:48:20 pm
Looks like they are giving up a lot premium parking places for the walkway and trees. I'll be surprised if that makes it into the final design.

Nah, they'll just raise the donation to park there, it all works out the same.

Tejano Jawg

This should be renamed the "Loge" thread. How sweet, and love all the pics. (Not that I'll ever be able to afford those seats.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jgphillips3

They ought to release the unsold standing room only tickets to students on game day 30 minutes before game time.  Yes, I know that creates a disincentive for purchase but in the long term you are cultivating your future donors.  Not to mention it would amp the volume and atmosphere.  Heck, you could just build an activity fee into tuition to cover price.

BPsTheMan

population by 2020

Fayetteville will be 90,000

Springdale will be 85,000

Rogers will be 70,000

Bentonville will be 50,000

Broadway Rob

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2016, 03:12:26 pm

That's sharp. I wonder if they've changed the plans for the inside at all since the master plan? I was thinking they'd want to add more skyboxes than originally shown.

Misspelled Reynolds
Sharp rendering though.  WPS!
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

ricepig

Quote from: Broadway Rob on January 25, 2016, 09:39:23 pm
Misspelled Reynolds
Sharp rendering though.  WPS!

That's is funny, I hope they didn't pay for that rendering.

redeye

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 25, 2016, 06:56:55 pm
I have been campaigning for this for 3 years now:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=565595.0

Here's a smaller version of my vision - complete with red back-lighting, as I've "requested".  I sent this suggestion into Jeff Long at the time of my original post, and he responded, saying he'd "take it under advisement".  Guess I'll remind him of that again before long.

I like the idea of adding another screen on the other side and then sell space for tailgaters.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: factchecker on January 25, 2016, 06:03:52 pm
I didn't know either.  Loge is essentially box/club seating.  I think they are built to be smaller and more personal. 

Here is a picture of loge seating at Minnesota (Gophers) football stadium:

loge  (lōzh)
n.
1. A small compartment, especially a box in a theater.
2. The front rows of the mezzanine in a theater.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/loge

There is probably some SEC or NCAA rule about visiting ticket locations, but I wish they would move visitor seating to the upper deck.  Lets get all the diehard Razorback fans out of the nosebleeds and into the lower bowl.

Leave visitors where they are. Some of us much prefer the upperdeck  :razorback:

AirWarren

Just by looking at the plans, I'm honestly not that impressed. Just one guys opinion though.

soooieman

ImHogginIt

Quote from: AP85 on January 25, 2016, 09:50:26 pm
Just by looking at the plans, I'm honestly not that impressed. Just one guys opinion though.

How can you say that when the only pic is an exterior one ?

AirWarren

I was hoping it would be completely bowled in.

buldozer

redeye

BOAR_N2BWILD

I love the idea of the expansion but I do pose one question. Why would they expand when they have not had a true sell out  in quite a few years? I know all of the tickets were sold but the seats in the upper deck on the east side remain empty for every game. Again, I am not against it just wondering.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

factchecker

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 25, 2016, 10:44:50 pm
I love the idea of the expansion but I do pose one question. Why would they expand when they have not had a true sell out  in quite a few years? I know all of the tickets were sold but the seats in the upper deck on the east side remain empty for every game. Again, I am not against it just wondering.

The expansion is primarily focused on loge/box seating.  The demand for these seats will be extremely high.  The wait list for club suites would surprise you.  Not to mention the amount of corporate partners willing to pay for premium luxury boxes.  The outline for expansion also foreshadowed lower prices for the upper deck.  Lower $ should help with attendance.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: factchecker on January 25, 2016, 10:48:31 pm
The expansion is primarily focused on loge/box seating.  The demand for these seats will be extremely high.  The wait list for club suites would surprise you.  Not to mention the amount of corporate partners willing to pay for premium luxury boxes.  The outline for expansion also foreshadowed lower prices for the upper deck.  Lower $ should help with attendance.
Good explanation
Thanks
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

hobhog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 25, 2016, 06:56:55 pm
I have been campaigning for this for 3 years now:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=565595.0

Here's a smaller version of my vision - complete with red back-lighting, as I've "requested".  I sent this suggestion into Jeff Long at the time of my original post, and he responded, saying he'd "take it under advisement".  Guess I'll remind him of that again before long.

I'd prefer to have another big screen facing the parking lot and tailgating to enhance pre game. Show Gamedqy or an SEC game until hour before kickoff. THAT will get people there I assure you.

LZH

Quote from: Broadway Rob on January 25, 2016, 09:39:23 pm
Misspelled Reynolds

No one is concerned about being a pro at anything anymore when it comes to writing and the English language. Such a shame. Boneheads.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2016, 04:20:35 pm
More wine and cheese for everyone!

Can I get beer and brats in the West upperdeck ?   ;D

Inhogswetrust

January 26, 2016, 06:16:47 am #78 Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:34:17 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 25, 2016, 03:17:10 pm
Time for it to happen.  Last reno was done 15 years ago.  Have to keep up with the competition.  OM is continuing to upgrade VHS.  MSU, A&M and LSU just upgraded their stadiums as well. 

Wow. Old misses is VHS instead of DVD. They are stuck ln the past.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: dhizzle on January 25, 2016, 03:38:22 pm
They are putting in a massive curve tv to close in the upper half.

If it's a Samsung they need to buy the extended warranty! They will need it!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

secneahog

Wait till you see the walk-out entrance the Hogs will have.  No one will have one like this in cfb...think Dallas cowboys with a Hog twist, then run through the A.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Inhogswetrust

Why do people have houses with rooms that aren't used either?

hogfan58

Quote from: secneahog on January 26, 2016, 06:34:32 am
Wait till you see the walk-out entrance the Hogs will have.  No one will have one like this in cfb...think Dallas cowboys with a Hog twist, then run through the A.

What, walking thru a sportsbar? It looks stupid....a bunch of drunks looking at a 4-12 team.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on January 25, 2016, 04:13:07 pm
I told y'all about this three years ago when it was first being explored and everyone said it will never happen.

Part two: You have to hand it to the athletic department. One one hand, this release says they will take it to the board of trustees for approval once commitments on capital campaign contributions and luxury ticket sales are made. Then later in this piece, the UA says it will be fully funded by "athletics revenues, capital gifts, and bond proceeds from a future bond issue." Also they craftily say there will be ticket price "adjustments." So basically this is another $160 million being pulled from fan wallets from one of the richest college athletics programs in the world. Looks nice, though.

There you go again. A lot of people said it would happen. Also most stuff like this is paid for by fans.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 26, 2016, 06:42:35 am
There you go again. A lot of people said it would happen.

I think pretty much everyone did, or those that had any common sense.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: georgewbushog on January 25, 2016, 07:48:20 pm

Nope notice the brick drive and landscape beds under those trees. It's already like that without the brick pavers. It's where they do the Hog walk into the stadium. Might give up some but not a lot.

ricepig

Well, Tom Murphy in the ADG this morning only increased the capacity from 72,000 to 75,000. I would hope for $160m that we would get a little more bang for our buck. It will be interesting to see what the final design looks like.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2016, 07:10:36 am
Well, Tom Murphy in the ADG this morning only increased the capacity from 72,000 to 75,000. I would hope for $160m that we would get a little more bang for our buck. It will be interesting to see what the final design looks like.

If that is the case, then the NEZ will be primarily box seats. If it resembled the picture from the master plan, it would add way more than that.

ricepig

January 26, 2016, 07:23:51 am #88 Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:44:39 am by ricepig
Quote from: The_Iceman on January 26, 2016, 07:14:18 am
If that is the case, then the NEZ will be primarily box seats. If it resembled the picture from the master plan, it would add way more than that.

Yeah, thus the reason for the final design comment. I haven't spoken to anyone on it in a while. I'll ask my neighbor after the BOT meetings on Wed and Thursday.

Ok, I got the design as they now have it, subject to change of course. It will consist of 2297 Club seats, 32 suites(384 actual seats), and 92 Loge boxes of 4 seats each.  So, a total of 3049 additional seats.

Dark Helmet Hog

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the plans, but please. For the love of God. I hope these plans include finishing the exterior facade around the stadium.

ricepig

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on January 26, 2016, 07:47:12 am
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the plans, but please. For the love of God. I hope these plans include finishing the exterior facade around the stadium.

It's not listed in the proposal.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: hobhog on January 25, 2016, 10:58:43 pm
I'd prefer to have another big screen facing the parking lot and tailgating to enhance pre game. Show Gamedqy or an SEC game until hour before kickoff. THAT will get people there I assure you.
But what do you do for the other 48-50 weeks out of the year? They would be better served, IMO, to place the running Hog on the exterior for constant branding. That Hog, along with the Red Out on the nights before games, would look great.

opineonswine

IT IS NOT AN EXPANSION!  If you read the release it's an "addition and renovation".  The only seats they're adding are the ones in high demand.  Some of the less in demand may go away.  And it WILL enclose the stadium.

opineonswine

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on January 26, 2016, 07:47:12 am

On down the line.  $160 million will only go so far unfortunately. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Kind of off topic, but every time I see a thread about "North End Zone", I immediately think of when I was a kid and WMS.  That's where our tickets were, about 20 rows up and right between the uprights of the goalpost. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2016, 07:23:51 am
Yeah, thus the reason for the final design comment. I haven't spoken to anyone on it in a while. I'll ask my neighbor after the BOT meetings on Wed and Thursday.

Ok, I got the design as they now have it, subject to change of course. It will consist of 2297 Club seats, 32 suites(384 actual seats), and 92 Loge boxes of 4 seats each.  So, a total of 3049 additional seats.

So they are adding 114 luxury boxes/suites in this new design. Gonna be interested to see the final drawing from the inside and how it compares to the EEZ.

The_Iceman

Quote from: opineonswine on January 26, 2016, 09:07:37 am
On down the line.  $160 million will only go so far unfortunately. 

Yep, and it is a lot more than just added seats. New gameday locker rooms, new broyles complex for administration offices, etc.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 26, 2016, 09:10:22 am
So they are adding 114 luxury boxes/suites in this new design. Gonna be interested to see the final drawing from the inside and how it compares to the EEZ.

I am imagining something similar to this with chair backs lower and loge seating just above.

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

texas tush hog

In 2018 when we are really, really, good and TCU, Texas and Michigan come calling we want to be ready.

Rey Pygsterio

This place is becoming more like someone's living room than a stadium with an intimidating atmosphere.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian