Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

North End Zone project taking the next step

Started by ricepig, January 25, 2016, 03:08:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

That's sharp. I wonder if they've changed the plans for the inside at all since the master plan? I was thinking they'd want to add more skyboxes than originally shown.

Torqued pork

Atlhogfan1

Time for it to happen.  Last reno was done 15 years ago.  Have to keep up with the competition.  OM is continuing to upgrade VHS.  MSU, A&M and LSU just upgraded their stadiums as well. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The_Iceman

A few things I read that are important:

-Lowering the price of upper deck bleacher seats
-Providing a standing room only ticket
-The NEZ will be all club seats and higher, include "loge" seating

sowmonella

Anyone know what the new capacity would be? Lower cost upper deck seats and standing room only are great ideas.  :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The_Iceman

Quote from: sowmonella on January 25, 2016, 03:22:51 pm
Anyone know what the new capacity would be? Lower cost upper deck seats and standing room only are great ideas.  :razorback:

Probably around 80,000. With that type of seating, it wouldn't go up that much. But the revenue per seat would.

Hoggish1

I realize an artist's rendering is just a start, but it appears the rendering doesn't close in the stadium completely.  I hope that is a priority in the final version...

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 25, 2016, 03:28:48 pm
I realize an artist's rendering is just a start, but it appears the rendering doesn't close in the stadium completely.  I hope that is a priority in the final version...

They aren't going to do a full upper deck enclosure, that never was the plan.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2016, 03:31:50 pm
They aren't going to do a full upper deck enclosure, that never was the plan.

I think he is referring to some gaps on the ends, particularly the left side of the picture. Just a rough sketch rendering so I'm sure it will change.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2016, 03:35:47 pm
I think he is referring to some gaps on the ends, particularly the left side of the picture. Just a rough sketch rendering so I'm sure it will change.

If it looks like this it will be closed in.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

dhizzle

They are putting in a massive curve tv to close in the upper half.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 25, 2016, 03:35:10 pm

That was done a while back. I'm sure there will be adjustments to it, considering the article says they are still finalizing the plans.

opineonswine

They are putting all glass on the east end to preserve the view into the stadium from that corner.  So it still will basically be "closed in".

opineonswine

You will note it's being called a "renovation and addition" instead of "expansion".  There won't be much capacity added.  The strategy, a good one, is to be the best....not the biggest.  That is what fits Arkansas.

factchecker

One suggestion:  Running Hog on the back of the pigscreen.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The_Iceman

Quote from: opineonswine on January 25, 2016, 03:47:37 pm
You will note it's being called a "renovation and addition" instead of "expansion".  There won't be much capacity added.  The strategy, a good one, is to be the best....not the biggest.  That is what fits Arkansas.

I agree with this. I wish there was a way to remove all lower level bleacher seats and install red chair-back seats. That would make RRS a nice looking stadium.

Mr. Porkleone

Can some tell me what loge seating is. Sorry don't know

Rey Pygsterio

I told y'all about this three years ago when it was first being explored and everyone said it will never happen.

Part two: You have to hand it to the athletic department. One one hand, this release says they will take it to the board of trustees for approval once commitments on capital campaign contributions and luxury ticket sales are made. Then later in this piece, the UA says it will be fully funded by "athletics revenues, capital gifts, and bond proceeds from a future bond issue." Also they craftily say there will be ticket price "adjustments." So basically this is another $160 million being pulled from fan wallets from one of the richest college athletics programs in the world. Looks nice, though.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

opineonswine

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on January 25, 2016, 04:13:07 pm

Part two: You have to hand it to the athletic department. One one hand, this release says they will take it to the board of trustees for approval once commitments on capital campaign contributions and luxury ticket sales are made. Then later in this piece, the UA says it will be fully funded by "athletics revenues, capital gifts, and bond proceeds from a future bond issue." Also they craftily say there will be ticket price "adjustments." So basically this is another $160 million being pulled from fan wallets from one of the richest college athletics programs in the world. Looks nice, though.

You couldn't be further in left field.  In a brilliant PR move and one that will benefit the fans who have been complaining about ticket prices, they are actually LOWERING ticket prices in the upper deck as well as providing SRO tickets (ala Jerry's World) to help take away the price objection so as to accomodate more rabid Arkansas fans.

Some people see conspiracy around every corner.  This is a terrific move and a great benefit for many fans.

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on January 25, 2016, 04:18:36 pm
You couldn't be further in left field.  In a brilliant PR move and one that will benefit the fans who have been complaining about ticket prices, they are actually LOWERING ticket prices in the upper deck as well as providing SRO tickets (ala Jerry's World) to help take away the price objection so as to accomodate more rabid Arkansas fans.

Some people see conspiracy around every corner.  This is a terrific move and a great benefit for many fans.

Shhh.....you'll run his night.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: opineonswine on January 25, 2016, 03:47:37 pm

See: Oklahoma State

The demand is for the suites and club tickets, not regular joe seats. This isn't being snarky, its just the truth. The max capacity will be increased to 80k IMO, but the number of boxes/suites will increase considerably proportional to what we have.

ricepig

Biggus Piggus

I bet Shields regrets making this week's post about the quarterback position. Brace yourself for next week's lament.
[CENSORED]!

Hogarusa

S-E-C!

Any chance or reason this wouldnt be approved?  Sounds impressive
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

opineonswine

DukeOfPork

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2016, 03:12:26 pm

That's sharp. I wonder if they've changed the plans for the inside at all since the master plan? I was thinking they'd want to add more skyboxes than originally shown.

Well, that looks like we're doubling down on the god awful tan brick of the BAC.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 25, 2016, 04:09:07 pm

It differs from stadium to stadium, it is a form of upgraded seating. It is usually sectioned off to its on section, and sometimes comes with its own mini tv screen, bar top for food and drinks, and access to premium refreshments.

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 25, 2016, 04:24:22 pm
I bet Shields regrets making this week's post about the quarterback position. Brace yourself for next week's lament.

It will be an all-time low, filled the numerous incorrect facts, grammar errors, and just plain poor prose. However, we'll have lots of wonderful Gifs!

LZH

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 25, 2016, 04:24:22 pm
I bet Shields regrets makigng this week's post about the quarterback position. Brace yourself for next week's lament.

His "insiders" failed to mention anything about it before he hit the send button.

Hoggish1

Yes, that's what I saw.  That's why I said it's just a start...

We need the whole lower end connected so the sound stays put.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 25, 2016, 03:35:10 pm

That looks great and will get the job done!

Hoggish1

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2016, 03:58:14 pm
I agree with this. I wish there was a way to remove all lower level bleacher seats and install red chair-back seats. That would make RRS a nice looking stadium.

A friend had tickets to the KY vs Louisville game and I got to go.  It was the first time I had been in there since the renovation.  The place looks good.  They reduced the seating about 5K, or so, I believe. In doing so they did not add chair backs but did the next best thing, which was bench backs for each row.  Easy on the back and just about as good as chair back.

That would be an excellent way to make the seating experience better in RRS without the expense of an entire tear out and probably would not reduce the seating all that much.

GolfnHog

The Luge seating really appeals to me if they have the 4-seat luge concepts included as I carry 4 seats in the SEZ. It will help eliminate the "up/down" of moving for those that can't sit still and watch the game and are constantly leaving their seats.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ricepig

Quote from: GolfnHog on January 25, 2016, 05:01:15 pm
The Luge seating really appeals to me if they have the 4-seat luge concepts included as I carry 4 seats in the SEZ. It will help eliminate the "up/down" of moving for those that can't sit still and watch the game and are constantly leaving their seats.

No doubt, I needed it at the Liberty Bowl, too. I took the survey back in 2013 or whenever it was, but I don't remember any actual costs for this type of seating.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: GolfnHog on January 25, 2016, 05:01:15 pm
The Luge seating really appeals to me if they have the 4-seat luge concepts included as I carry 4 seats in the SEZ.

No, the 4-seat Luge is actually called a "bobsled".

jgphillips3

I just hope, above that section in the North end zone, where there is currently a small metal fence, they will consider adding a little more concrete coming down from the upper decks and glass in the section or something to hold all the sound in.  I understand the desire for a beautiful view but what would be more beautiful to me is the deafening thunder of 80,000 Razorback voices with nowhere to go but down to the field.

Doug

Quote from: Mr. PorkleoneCan some tell me what loge seating is. Sorry don't know
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Tyro3

Back in 1955 all we had was bleacher seating, we are talking old high school type seating, hard, no wind block, but I was there cheering them on!

FreshHog

Not to mention they would be 100x more comfortable. The best money I spent on seats this past season was on the cushions for the bleacher.

trippigs

Pretty exciting stuff. Can't wait to see it!

factchecker

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 25, 2016, 04:09:07 pm

I didn't know either.  Loge is essentially box/club seating.  I think they are built to be smaller and more personal. 

Here is a picture of loge seating at Minnesota (Gophers) football stadium:

loge  (lōzh)
n.
1. A small compartment, especially a box in a theater.
2. The front rows of the mezzanine in a theater.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/loge

There is probably some SEC or NCAA rule about visiting ticket locations, but I wish they would move visitor seating to the upper deck.  Lets get all the diehard Razorback fans out of the nosebleeds and into the lower bowl. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Amen!  You can increase capacity by adding bowling in the north end zone and then reduce capacity to manageable expectations by installing chair-backs.  They could use the rail system that cowboys stadium implements:

This makes for easy maintenance and they can add seats for big games using this method.  The best part about chair backs is that it defines your seat. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2016, 03:19:23 pm
A few things I read that are important:

-Lowering the price of upper deck bleacher seats
-Providing a standing room only ticket
-The NEZ will be all club seats and higher, include "loge" seating

Glad to hear they are finally looking at price elasticity on the upper deck seats!  You can sell 3,500 upper deck seats per game at $60 each or 7000 at say, $35 each and be better off and that doesn't include the additional concessions.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

My guess is, if it fits the low profile bowl above we've all seen, we get the capacity up to 85-88k. Depending on how much room there is for standing room only tickets though, we might have a high end capacity of 92k. Just my guess though.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

ricepig

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on January 25, 2016, 06:35:31 pm
My guess is, if it fits the low profile bowl above we've all seen, we get the capacity up to 85-88k. Depending on how much room there is for standing room only tickets though, we might have a high end capacity of 92k. Just my guess though.

Nah, nowhere near that amount for seats, probably closer to 80,000 max.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: factchecker on January 25, 2016, 03:48:48 pm
One suggestion:  Running Hog on the back of the pigscreen.

I have been campaigning for this for 3 years now:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=565595.0

Here's a smaller version of my vision - complete with red back-lighting, as I've "requested".  I sent this suggestion into Jeff Long at the time of my original post, and he responded, saying he'd "take it under advisement".  Guess I'll remind him of that again before long.

reddogjcss

I'm all for it, hope upper seat lower price and give us a couple more inches in each seat. Tight for my big azz