Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No one is calling for MA to be fired..........

Started by ShadowHawg, February 21, 2016, 11:08:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

looks like that statement from the haters has been shown to be bull. Can this become a pro Razorback basketball forum some day?

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=609464.0

HiggiePiggy

Can be if we are consistently playing in the NCAA tournament.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 21, 2016, 11:26:06 am
Can be if we are consistently playing in the NCAA tournament.

I hope so. It's not fun right now.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 11:30:13 am

Being mediocre when you have been great before is never fun. People want that back. People want to feel like we have a chance every year. Will it happen? Who knows. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 21, 2016, 12:16:42 pm
Being mediocre when you have been great before is never fun. People want that back. People want to feel like we have a chance every year. Will it happen? Who knows.

I know. I was raised on Razorback basketball. My family loved it. They would go to games in the 60's.

It's been frustrating for 20 years now though. It must not be as easy a job as we have believed.

Porked Tongue

Looks like more than " no one" asked for him to be fired.

Personally, I didn't vote.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 21, 2016, 12:21:32 pm
Looks like more than " no one" asked for him to be fired.

Personally, I didn't vote.

This past off season that was the saying for the whiners. "No one wants MA fired." Looks like there were quite a few agenda driven liars to me.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 12:29:46 pm
This past off season that was the saying for the whiners. "No one wants MA fired." Looks like there were quite a few agenda driven liars to me.
And you are without an agenda?

hobhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 11:08:22 am
looks like that statement from the haters has been shown to be bull. Can this become a pro Razorback basketball forum some day?

I seem to hear lot of fans saying it constantly. We will see after next year.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 21, 2016, 12:36:54 pm
And you are without an agenda?

I have no agenda. I understand that the coach has to win to keep his job and that will work itself out without my help or hindrance.

What I don't understand are "fans" whining during and following a 27 win season and further ignoring that it even happened. Then cherry picking the worst season as being the norm or the future for the program when it is right on par for other programs that rebuilt from where we are coming from.

I realize sports fans aren't reasonable. That is why we are called fans. It's short for fanatics. But bring some modicum of perspective to a discussion please.

TrueBlue

The unrest in part is because:

1. Program not being on the level that we as fans think it should be.
2. A coach getting paid $2.2 million that doesn't look like he is in control.
3. Recruiting being down. When teams such as Auburn and LSU have more success in the recruiting arena (and no NCAA tournament pedigree to back it up), it is a little disappointing.
4. The revelation from Bobby Portis that CMA doesn't have a game plan and doesn't call any plays during the course of the game. There is no preparation. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 21, 2016, 12:57:58 pm

3. Recruiting being down. When teams such as Auburn and LSU have more success in the recruiting arena (and no NCAA tournament pedigree to back it up), it is a little disappointing.
4. The revelation from Bobby Portis that CMA doesn't have a game plan and doesn't call any plays during the course of the game. There is no preparation.

I understand that fully. I am calling out all the people who were crying way during last/before this season who claimed that they were not advocating firing MA but knew this year would be bad. Now they are calling for his firing though they said this year would be bad but weren't calling for his firing.

Just calling out those people. I can't imagine anyone being happy about the present or sure about future success right now.

Atlhogfan1

Your attempt to call out is a failure WarPig Jamie.  Fans weren't calling for him to be fired before the trips to Mississippi and the home loss to Auburn.  Those obviously changed things for many when added to recruiting and the offseason. 

You disappeared for few games.  Everything ok?  Good to see you back after a home win over the SEC's worst team. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hulk hog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 11:08:22 am

So it's only pro-Razorback if you don't question anything and are just satisfied with whatever happens?  It's hard to be pro-anything when you get beat 30 on the road and lose at home to the second worst team in the conference who suits up 7 scholarship players. 

Yes we won 27 games last year and made the tournament.  Is cherry picking choosing the 4 years we didn't or only holding up the one we did?

MA won't be fired this year, and maybe not next year, but if we continue to be mediocre in a mediocre conference and not be a tournament team don't expect me to be happy about it.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Deep Shoat

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 12:29:46 pm
Alternatively, people have come to the conclusion that CMA can't get it done and NOW want him fired.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 21, 2016, 01:20:03 pm
Your attempt to call out is a failure WarPig Jamie.  Fans weren't calling for him to be fired before the trips to Mississippi and the home loss to Auburn.  Those obviously changed things for many when added to recruiting and the offseason. 

You disappeared for few games.  Everything ok?  Good to see you back after a home win over the SEC's worst team.

This place isn't fun right now. I have nothing to do today so I am not losing out on some fun by being here.

This thread is about those that claimed even though the off season was a mess and the expectations for this season were low, that they weren't for firing MA. They were just being "objective". Nothing has changed since then unless you think this team is not on track for it's pre season forecasts.

Why are you offended?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 21, 2016, 01:25:47 pm
Alternatively, people have come to the conclusion that CMA can't get it done and NOW want him fired.

I guess it's coincidence that it is the same people who were whining while winning. They were rightfully identified as hating the coach for their own personal reasons. They lied and claimed that they weren't calling for his hiring.

Now that the team has lived up/down to their expectations, they are calling for his firing. That's called lying.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 01:31:02 pm
I guess it's coincidence that it is the same people who were whining while winning. They were rightfully identified as hating the coach for their own personal reasons. They lied and claimed that they weren't calling for his hiring.

Now that the team has lived up/down to their expectations, they are calling for his firing. That's called lying.
Let me just say, you are full of crap.

And you are here for nothing else but starting a flame war.  You should be removed from the board.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 01:28:12 pm
This place isn't fun right now. I have nothing to do today so I am not losing out on some fun by being here.

This thread is about those that claimed even though the off season was a mess and the expectations for this season were low, that they weren't for firing MA. They were just being "objective". Nothing has changed since then unless you think this team is not on track for it's pre season forecasts.

Why are you offended?

I'm not.  I missed you. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ShadowHawg

Ex-Trumpet

I was thrilled when MA was hired.  Now?  I think what I am experiencing is worse than thinking he should be fired.  I truly don't care one way or the other.  I have lost interest for the most part.

I will occasionally tune in to a game on TV, but only if there's nothing else on.  The other day, I was switching back and forth between the game and "Naked and Afraid" on Discovery or something.  It was awful--as was "Naked and Afraid."
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on February 21, 2016, 05:55:30 pm
I was thrilled when MA was hired.  Now?  I think what I am experiencing is worse than thinking he should be fired.  I truly don't care one way or the other.  I have lost interest for the most part.

I will occasionally tune in to a game on TV, but only if there's nothing else on.  The other day, I was switching back and forth between the game and "Naked and Afraid" on Discovery or something.  It was awful--as was "Naked and Afraid."

I  feel your pain. Wouldn't describe you as a agenda type at all. Most who want him gone aren't agenda driven by any means. But there is a vocal cabal here who claimed they were just being objective when they said that 27 wins last year was the result of a weak schedule. Those are the folks I'm ribbing now.

hogcam

February 21, 2016, 11:20:21 pm #22 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:30:25 pm by hogcam
 :razorback:

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Link for the bobby Portis quote?

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 21, 2016, 12:57:58 pm

southeasthog

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on February 22, 2016, 01:27:20 am
Link for the bobby Portis quote?

"It's been different," Portis said last week after practice. "Coming from college to this is very different. College is more up-and-down, tempo type of thing. NBA is more confined and structure-based. It's different because at my college, we didn't even run plays. We just got me the ball or got [Arkansas teammate] Mike Qualls the ball, a clear-out type thing. But now it's more of a dribble-drive, setting pick-and-rolls, pick-and-pops, so it's kind of different for me."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2600224-bobby-portis-still-waiting-but-ready-for-opportunity-with-chicago-bulls

GoHogs#1

Go Hogs

pigmailyen

Pork Twain

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 11:30:13 am
Then I would say it is unrealistic for anyone to ask for this to be a positive forum.  Winning consistently changes everything.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

acey33

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 12:55:54 pm
I have no agenda. I understand that the coach has to win to keep his job and that will work itself out without my help or hindrance.

What I don't understand are "fans" whining during and following a 27 win season and further ignoring that it even happened. Then cherry picking the worst season as being the norm or the future for the program when it is right on par for other programs that rebuilt from where we are coming from.

I realize sports fans aren't reasonable. That is why we are called fans. It's short for fanatics. But bring some modicum of perspective to a discussion please.

27 wins and made the NCAA Tourney...Yeah and also won 1 game in Tourney...Yeah, against Wofford and the season was over but we had 27 wins

hobhog

Quote from: southeasthog on February 22, 2016, 05:37:01 am
"It's been different," Portis said last week after practice. "Coming from college to this is very different. College is more up-and-down, tempo type of thing. NBA is more confined and structure-based. It's different because at my college, we didn't even run plays. We just got me the ball or got [Arkansas teammate] Mike Qualls the ball, a clear-out type thing. But now it's more of a dribble-drive, setting pick-and-rolls, pick-and-pops, so it's kind of different for me."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2600224-bobby-portis-still-waiting-but-ready-for-opportunity-with-chicago-bulls

Doesn't sound very sophisticated does it. If there is no go to guy, what do we do then? Answer: see this years "motion" offense.

RazorPiggie

yocdaddy

I'd be OK if he were shown the door.  A win over a sorry Mizzou team didn't change my mind.  We still aren't fundamentally sound in most situations and our roster is a mess after 5 seasons.  The SEC has been pretty weak over the past 5 seasons to boot.  Only a couple of elite teams in the conference, we should have been resurrected by now. 
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

GuvHog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 21, 2016, 01:11:55 pm
I understand that fully. I am calling out all the people who were crying way during last/before this season who claimed that they were not advocating firing MA but knew this year would be bad. Now they are calling for his firing though they said this year would be bad but weren't calling for his firing.

Just calling out those people. I can't imagine anyone being happy about the present or sure about future success right now.

Come on Shadow. Everyone knew that this would be a down year but if everyone was honest about it, NO ONE expected this year to be THIS bad. An expected down year after a 27 win season would be going 1 and done in the NIT Tournament. No one expected this team to have a losing season.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 22, 2016, 02:07:03 pm
I'd be OK if he were shown the door.  A win over a sorry Mizzou team didn't change my mind.  We still aren't fundamentally sound in most situations and our roster is a mess after 5 seasons.  The SEC has been pretty weak over the past 5 seasons to boot.  Only a couple of elite teams in the conference, we should have been resurrected by now. 

Especially when it's the same Missouri team the Hogs annihilated in Columbia earlier this season.

arcowboy

When he was hired , I said it was a mistake , both on Mikes part and the University's  .  You can't go back to some where you have been. First Mike is no Nolan. Second , that style no longer works.  Third , Mike is putting too much pressure on himself to match his expectations and those of the fans and administration.  It will be almost impossible to ever fire him also, due to the Nolan situation.   

GuvHog

Quote from: arcowboy on February 22, 2016, 11:01:56 pm
When he was hired , I said it was a mistake , both on Mikes part and the University's  .  You can't go back to some where you have been. First Mike is no Nolan. Second , that style no longer works.  Third , Mike is putting too much pressure on himself to match his expectations and those of the fans and administration.  It will be almost impossible to ever fire him also, due to the Nolan situation.   

I thought hiring Mike was a mistake too but I really, really wanted him to  prove me wrong because I like it when the Hogs are winning. Unfortunately for the program, he proved me to be right.